PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park 2015

Northernhibee
11-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Really looks appalling. Crap crowds, arena supposedly really small and a nightmare to get in and out of the site. Vids up on Facebook of some guy getting bottled in the campsite and all that kind of stuff.

Can't believe how downhill it's all gone.

easty
11-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Watched Kasabian last night. The sound was awful. You cannae always get a real feel for it over the telly though, so be interesting to see what folk who were there are saying.

Allant1981
11-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Titp was garbage at balado also, there was also idiots in the camp site at balado so nothing different

Northernhibee
11-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Watched Kasabian last night. The sound was awful. You cannae always get a real feel for it over the telly though, so be interesting to see what folk who were there are saying.

Comments of the new site on social media are generally really negative.

easty
11-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Titp was garbage at balado also, there was also idiots in the camp site at balado so nothing different

I camped at T at Balado 11 times, never got a single bit of bother. Never had anything nicked.

Allant1981
11-07-2015, 11:57 AM
I camped at T at Balado 11 times, never got a single bit of bother. Never had anything nicked.

Out tent had the top of it ripped open last year and most of our stuff nicked, also seen a couple of fights, just seen a video of a guy getting bottled from the other day, total twats

Northernhibee
11-07-2015, 11:58 AM

I went to four Ts at Balado but it's quite clear that the organisers don't want music festival fans going nowadays.

easty
11-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Out tent had the top of it ripped open last year and most of our stuff nicked, also seen a couple of fights, just seen a video of a guy getting bottled from the other day, total twats

That's unfortunate, but there are always going to be twats, thats not unique to TITP though. You put that many people anywhere, in any situation, and a minority will be ****s. The vast majority of folk are decent enough people just looking to have a good weekend.

Allant1981
11-07-2015, 01:13 PM
That's unfortunate, but there are always going to be twats, thats not unique to TITP though. You put that many people anywhere, in any situation, and a minority will be ****s. The vast majority of folk are decent enough people just looking to have a good weekend.

Aww i know, we were just unlucky but it totally put me off, dunno why folk cant just go and have a good weekend

#FromTheCapital
11-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Very true. Was at the IOW Festival last month and there were plenty of jumped up pricks at that as well. As with all festivals though, the majority were there for a good time.

I've not bothered watching any highlights so far but my first impression of the new site when I seen it on the news was that it looked better than Balado.

Betty Boop
11-07-2015, 05:36 PM
My daughter is there with her mates. Apparently loads of trouble, a guy found dead in the toilet, and another bottled. Is there usually trouble at other music festivals, or is it just TITP ? Her next stop os Creamfields ! :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
11-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I've been to a few festivals over the years and all have had a few erseholes determined to spoil it for the minority. TITP was probably marginally worse and was getting 'worse' over the years, in ny experience, but not massively so.

The problem is that some people just don't know when to cool it with drink and drugs. I'm not taking any moral high ground as I've over indulged in both myself. Generally speaking though I don't really bother anyone else.

Tbh it wouldn't put me off going, the quality of the line ups in recent years would and the travesty of a sound system on the main stage. If I have to be surrounded by people fuelled on pish lager and low quality cocaine for a weekend I'd rather be listening to decent music.

Northernhibee
11-07-2015, 06:29 PM
My daughter is there with her mates. Apparently loads of trouble, a guy found dead in the toilet, and another bottled. Is there usually trouble at other music festivals, or is it just TITP ? Her next stop os Creamfields ! :rolleyes:

You'll always have a few troublemakers at a festival but TITP has more than its fair share.

grunt
11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
You'll always have a few troublemakers at a festival but TITP has more than its fair share.Why is that, any suggestions?

CropleyWasGod
11-07-2015, 07:53 PM
In 5 Glastonburys, I never saw even a hint of violence.....and that's a 5 day slog.

Been to countless TITP. Even in the days when it was just 2 days, you could feel the atmosphere changing by the Sunday afternoon. Couples falling out, a few skirmishes. It wasn't pretty.

I think it may be an attitude or cultural issue. People want to get tanked up quickly and keep it that way over the whole weekend. That's not possible over the longer festivals, so people tend to pace themselves better.

There's also that age-old issue that some people still equate "enjoying yourself" with excess.

Mr Grieves
11-07-2015, 08:26 PM
I've been to TITP a few times, Leeds festival twice and Reading festival once.

TITP always seemed to have the most jakeys/chav, but I don't think I ever witnessed any violence.

Both times I went to Leeds there was so much trouble that riot police had to attend. Toilets were set alight, scaffolding used as battering rams, lighting and tents destroyed, pitched battles with the police - I had never witnessed anything like it.

easty
11-07-2015, 10:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned T isn't a dance music festival, but I'm sat in the house watching Avicii headlining (the wife loves this kind of *****) just now.

Nice light show and all that, but it's just a guy waving his arm about, standing behind a laptop playing mp3's of, mostly, other people's songs. I just dinnae get it.

I'm no even saying the guy doesn't have any musical talent (he's probably really good at pressing different buttons on the laptop and making noises that run well together, then putting a computer sounding person voice over it), just that what he's doing here is fundamentally dug *****. Put, say, the Arctic Monkeys up there and get them playing covers of loads of other people's songs, you'd be like "wtf is this all about?", but at least they'd be playing the music, not just going on stage with a The Strokes album then pressing play then dancing about.

marinello59
11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
As far as I'm concerned T isn't a dance music festival, but I'm sat in the house watching Avicii headlining (the wife loves this kind of *****) just now.

Nice light show and all that, but it's just a guy waving his arm about, standing behind a laptop playing mp3's of, mostly, other people's songs. I just dinnae get it.

I'm no even saying the guy doesn't have any musical talent (he's probably really good at pressing different buttons on the laptop and making noises that run well together, then putting a computer sounding person voice over it), just that what he's doing here is fundamentally dug *****. Put, say, the Arctic Monkeys up there and get them playing covers of loads of other people's songs, you'd be like "wtf is this all about?"

The crowd seem to love it and that's all that really matters.

easty
11-07-2015, 10:21 PM
The crowd seem to love it and that's all that really matters.

I know, I know. It's not even that I hate all the music that's being played. It's just not 'his' music, but 'he' is headlining. I just dinnae get it. Reality is, he doesn't even need to be there. He could have just sent the laptop.

marinello59
11-07-2015, 10:29 PM
I know, I know. It's not even that I hate all the music that's being played. It's just not 'his' music, but 'he' is headlining. I just dinnae get it. Reality is, he doesn't even need to be there. He could have just sent the laptop.

Computer geeks shall inherit the Earth.:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
11-07-2015, 10:45 PM

:aok: Word for word i'm thinking the same. I'm not what you would call an Avicii age, but jeezo that's the headline act at T on a Saturday ? Even if I was still 20 something I'd get a red neck if I was spotted bouncing to that at T.

Mon Dieu4
11-07-2015, 10:49 PM
People get too caught up in what kinda festival it should be etc, he isn't my cup of tea but you can bet if I was there and pished I'd be giving it big licks

Steve-O
12-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Why is that, any suggestions?

Scotland appears to be producing a higher rate of total jakeballs than any other country. I don't know the reason for that though.

Mr Grieves
12-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Apparently there were major problems in the car parks last night. Some people stuck in their cars overnight

bigwheel
12-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Scotland appears to be producing a higher rate of total jakeballs than any other country. I don't know the reason for that though.

i would suggest our relationship with alcohol has a lot to do with that....

Northernhibee
12-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Trouble in the day ticket queue to get in yesterday, trouble in the car parks, trouble in the queues to get a bus home yesterday, trouble apparently in people trying to get in to see the Proclaimers - sounds as if they've made a real arse of the new site.

#FromTheCapital
12-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Haven't heard his set from last night but all the big name dj's are the same. They'll play mostly their own tunes and remixes, but will throw in other artists tunes to give the set a bit of variety. Nothing wrong with that imo.

These performances are more about the light show and hearing the tunes on a decent sound system plus the fact that you get to say you seen (insert dj name) live. Would be pretty pointless if there was just a laptop.

#FromTheCapital
12-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Heard there was a huge logistical nightmare last night. Apparently people still trying to get out the car park after the sun had risen.

Wembley67
12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Putting a car park on a hill for a festival was always going to cause problems.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Reading the TITP Facebook page it seems the organisation was a total shambles.

A lot of people complaining about crushing and stewards refusing to remove barriers to ease potentially dangerous overcrowding of areas.

Doesn't sound good at all.

The_Horde
12-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Reading the TITP Facebook page it seems the organisation was a total shambles.

A lot of people complaining about crushing and stewards refusing to remove barriers to ease potentially dangerous overcrowding of areas.

Doesn't sound good at all.

People complaining about the sound and someone on Facebook saying theres nowhere arranged for escape in the event of a fire or some other disaster. He's asked the stewards and even they have no idea.

It took some people 5-7 hours to get home last night/this morning.

Allant1981
12-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Managed to get through to my mrs last night and she hasnt had that many issues, toilets were blocked up early doors on friday but luckily no major problems

Radium
12-07-2015, 09:31 PM
The_Proclaimers ‏@The_Proclaimers (https://twitter.com/The_Proclaimers) 4h4 hours ago (https://twitter.com/The_Proclaimers/status/620288706537222144)
Sunshine On Leith live @TInThePark (https://twitter.com/Tinthepark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LlMiFYfZIg … (http://t.co/2amvmbLEzS)

Mon Dieu4
12-07-2015, 09:59 PM
I could have happily just went for the last couple of hours to see Noel and the Prodigy

easty
12-07-2015, 10:13 PM
People complaining about the sound and someone on Facebook saying theres nowhere arranged for escape in the event of a fire or some other disaster. He's asked the stewards and even they have no idea.

"excuse me steward guy, where do we go in the event of a fire?"

asked nobody at a festival ever. surely.

easty
12-07-2015, 10:14 PM
I could have happily just went for the last couple of hours to see Noel and the Prodigy

Prodigy are class, this is a billion times better than that Avicii pish from yesterday.

Mon Dieu4
12-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Prodigy are class, this is a billion times better than that Avicii pish from yesterday.

They are tearing this apart, it's ****ing class

easty
12-07-2015, 10:21 PM
They are tearing this apart, it's ****ing class

Voodoo People :top marks

Pete
12-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Dreadful language though.

Geo_1875
13-07-2015, 12:50 AM
"excuse me steward guy, where do we go in the event of a fire?"

asked nobody at a festival ever. surely.

Except those people caught up in the fire at the campsite.

H18sry
13-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Noel G was epic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

rabcp1
14-07-2015, 10:20 AM
It was my first time at TITP and was left a little underwhelmed! The bands I wanted to see where mainly good and thought Kasabian and the Prodigy where class, Twin Atlantic where very good too (a lot better than I expected to be fair) did'nt bother with the likes off Avicci though!

Have to say as much as I enjoyed the bands, the campsight and policing/stewarding was shocking! The camp site its self was too far from the arena and it could take close to an hour to get back to your tent after the last act! The place was a like a bomb site too, there where limited bins which where never emptied so it very quickly turned into living in a landfill! Can't really comment on the toilets as I used refresh but there portaloos and a festvial to be fair there always going to be a mess, but the arena ones where decent to be honest!

The policing was very poor though, never seen one sniffer dog all weekend and there was a very small police presence on sight, to be fair thats probally more due to goverment cuts than TITP though! On the last night there where so many neds setting there tents on fire but there where no sign of stewards/police anywhere! The stewards where very poor and in very low numbers on the arena exits! I was in a few crushes trying to leave arenas and the stewars where easily overran with people trying to enter and leave at the same enterance, amazed no one was not seriously injured! Have to say, maybe I was lucky but had no real trouble with the carpark and the roads!

The organisation of it all seemed non existant and its left a lot of people pissed off, if its similar next year there going to really struggle to shift tickets for the year after!

WeeRussell
14-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Why is that, any suggestions?

TITP is closer to Glasgow than the other festivals :aok:

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2015, 12:50 PM

I was 'working' at TITP from 11am to 3pm on Friday :greengrin There was certainly an emergency procedure in the staff briefing notes, and I knew where the emergency exits were.

Was muddy, and standing water even before the public got in.

Site was very tight, but they could have opened up more camping to the north of Tangerine Fields.

Arena was very tight with a bottleneck at King Tuts, and I take full responsibility for that.

Steve-O
16-07-2015, 07:50 AM

True, but Scotland seems to also have a good portion of people who are constantly jakies and even worse when they're drunk, rather than decent people who turn to mayhem when drunk.

Danderhall Hibs
16-07-2015, 08:41 AM
True, but Scotland seems to also have a good portion of people who are constantly jakies and even worse when they're drunk, rather than decent people who turn to mayhem when drunk.

? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with yourself?

#FromTheCapital
16-07-2015, 09:15 AM

I agree with Steve-O, but disagree with Steve-O

Danderhall Hibs
16-07-2015, 01:07 PM
I agree with Steve-O, but disagree with Steve-O

:agree: I wonder how many different user IDs Steve-O has on the go.

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2015, 01:13 PM

I think he's in 2 minds about answering.

marinello59
16-07-2015, 01:51 PM

Why don't you two just agree to disagree?

CallumLaidlaw
16-07-2015, 02:26 PM
I've done 6 TITP's over the last 9 years, and had a ball at every one. Ok, I get the point about, certain acts shouldnt be headlining, but unfortunately, these headline acts are very popular, as the crowds show. In 2013, when Rihanna headlined, I really wasn't that fussed, but we went along to see her. After 2 songs we bailed, and after having already seen around 7 acts that day, were quite happy to have a wander round the arena, in our group.
In the 6 years I've been, I've been lucky enough to have not really seen any trouble, although in around 2008, I got my wallet stolen out of my pocket. It didn't put me off, it just made me be more secure, as that kinda thing can happen on any High street in the world. My tent has never been broken into thankfully, but I know it does happen. The last couple of years we went, we stayed in the Citizen T campsite, and what a change it was. No Neds around you, and security on the campsite gates, checking you in. I understand they scrapped this this year, which was a shame as it was a nice extra.

We never went this year due to other commitments, and I'm kinda glad I didn't. The lineup didnt stick out to me, but that has been the same in a couple of the previous years I've been, yet I've still managed to find 15-20 acts I wanted to see. I was gutted I wasn't going, as I really wanted to see the new site, but it looks like there was so many teething problems that its had quite a detrimental impact on its reputation. I will definitely be back, and you would hope that over the next year or 2, they will iron out their mistakes. I'd definitely like to try a different festival in the future tho, just to see how they compare.

Hannah_hfc
19-07-2015, 08:15 PM
They need to bring Rockness back. Brilliant festival!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
19-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Why don't you two just agree to disagree?

Did we ever get to the bottom of this? No comment from Steve O or from Steve O.

adhibs
20-07-2015, 02:59 PM
They need to bring Rockness back. Brilliant festival!

Theres a definitely a market for it if it was done right. Plenty people who would no longer go to titp would definitely be up for it

#FromTheCapital
20-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Why did they stop doing Rockness?

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Why did they stop doing Rockness?
Couldn't find a suitable date for it last year, what with the Commie Games and the WC.

That's the official reason. I reckon it was a financial decision, though.

Zazu62
20-07-2015, 07:12 PM
They are doing something else apart from rockness this year .. Same venue , it's called groove festival and its on next month

Steve-O
21-07-2015, 07:27 AM

Pardon?

Steve-O
21-07-2015, 07:28 AM
i would suggest our relationship with alcohol has a lot to do with that....

Ah, here is the comment I meant to reply to! :hilarious

Hannah_hfc
21-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Couldn't find a suitable date for it last year, what with the Commie Games and the WC.

That's the official reason. I reckon it was a financial decision, though.
This year there was absolutely nothing from the festival owners this year, just in the news that it wasn't on which I thought was pretty poor. I think it's the last we've seen from it (apart from the smaller festival that happened nearby this year)

It's a shame as it was an amazing festival, every titp regular I took definitely preferred it!

silverhibee
22-07-2015, 04:00 PM
I've done 6 TITP's over the last 9 years, and had a ball at every one. Ok, I get the point about, certain acts shouldnt be headlining, but unfortunately, these headline acts are very popular, as the crowds show. In 2013, when Rihanna headlined, I really wasn't that fussed, but we went along to see her. After 2 songs we bailed, and after having already seen around 7 acts that day, were quite happy to have a wander round the arena, in our group.
In the 6 years I've been, I've been lucky enough to have not really seen any trouble, although in around 2008, I got my wallet stolen out of my pocket. It didn't put me off, it just made me be more secure, as that kinda thing can happen on any High street in the world. My tent has never been broken into thankfully, but I know it does happen. The last couple of years we went, we stayed in the Citizen T campsite, and what a change it was. No Neds around you, and security on the campsite gates, checking you in. I understand they scrapped this this year, which was a shame as it was a nice extra.

We never went this year due to other commitments, and I'm kinda glad I didn't. The lineup didnt stick out to me, but that has been the same in a couple of the previous years I've been, yet I've still managed to find 15-20 acts I wanted to see. I was gutted I wasn't going, as I really wanted to see the new site, but it looks like there was so many teething problems that its had quite a detrimental impact on its reputation. I will definitely be back, and you would hope that over the next year or 2, they will iron out their mistakes. I'd definitely like to try a different festival in the future tho, just to see how they compare.

Creamfields. My son was there last year and going back this year as well, said it was superb, Fat Boy Slim rocking the place, he can't wait.