PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET NUMBERS-AN UPDATE FROM LEEANN

RSS Bot
11-07-2015, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5546)

mglancy23
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
I was hoping for more that just 7000, hopefully sell more.

WellingtonHibby
11-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Half as many as the big team... 😢

theonlywayisup
11-07-2015, 09:23 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5546)

Only 7,000 - the Yams have over 400,000

:stirrer:

H18S NX
11-07-2015, 09:24 AM
C'mon you lapsers,you know it makes sense. :aok:

Ringothedog
11-07-2015, 09:25 AM
I would expect at least 7500 by the start of the season. I think that is good considering the division we are playing in. If we can get off to a good start and challenge at the top we might get a few floating fans coming along who then might commit to a half season. We should be trying to have at least 10k Hibernian fans at every home game.

B.H.F.C
11-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Based on crowds last year, and the fact we are still in the championship, it's not a bad number. Probably be about the fifth highest in Scotland.

Keith_M
11-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Half as many as the big team... 

Don't let it bother you. Given our circumstances, I can't see how they would have fared any better.

We now seem to be down to the absolute core support. Which is really not surprising given the last 5-6 years of dire fare and the fact we're about to spend a second consecutive season in the First Division.

I think the numbers have kept up reasonably well, considering.

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 09:40 AM
I would expect at least 7500 by the start of the season. I think that is good considering the division we are playing in. If we can get off to a good start and challenge at the top we might get a few floating fans coming along who then might commit to a half season. We should be trying to have at least 10k Hibernian fans at every home game.

We are where we are for reasons well documented on other threads .Another season in the Championship with Rangers still there ,was probably worst case scenario re Season Ticket sales ,so think you are right 7 500 would be decent ,but with a winning start ,it would be dissapointing if we can't get back to 10 000 Hibs fans at home games on a regular basis and we can build momentum from there .

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 09:43 AM
We are where we are for reasons well documented on other threads .Another season in the Championship with Rangers still there ,was probably worst case scenario re Season Ticket sales ,so think you are right 7 500 would be decent ,but with a winning start ,it would be dissapointing if we can't get back to 10 000 Hibs fans at home games on a regular basis and we can build momentum from there .
Ronnie, if we can get off to a great start, and build momentum, I'm sure we'll get over 10,000 at most home games

Keith_M
11-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Ronnie, if we can get off to a great start, and build momentum, I'm sure we'll get over 10,000 at most home games

:agree:

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 09:47 AM

Let's hope so ps at last nights inaugural meeting of the our West of Scotand Branch I put forward a motion you are allowed to be an Honary Member when we go to Ibrox The motion was seconded by Alf Tupper ,so given their were only two of us there , your in:wink:

Brooster
11-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Quite impressive numbers considering our predicament and dire home form down the years. Numbers wil probably reach 8k but now is the time to turn words in to actions by winning games comfortably and being in contention for the league. We cant keep parting with large sums of money for no reward.

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 09:50 AM
:agree:

Keekaboo I putti your apologies for last night meeting ,but we hope to see you when you move back to Mount Florida You will be well located for all those Cup a Finals we reach :wink:

Famous Fiver
11-07-2015, 09:55 AM
I've been going to Easter Road since around 1955. Never had a season ticket. I go on the principle user pays. We are doing well, playing attractive football I pay to watch. Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket.

I appreciate buying a season ticket let's them know a base budget figure for a season but I am quite happy to contribute more over a season if I am getting value for money. I will be a walk up for Rangers and Montrose. After that it's over to you Alan ........

Tin hat on.

bigwheel
11-07-2015, 10:08 AM
I've been going to Easter Road since around 1955. Never had a season ticket. I go on the principle user pays. We are doing well, playing attractive football I pay to watch. Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket.

I appreciate buying a season ticket let's them know a base budget figure for a season but I am quite happy to contribute more over a season if I am getting value for money. I will be a walk up for Rangers and Montrose. After that it's over to you Alan ........

Tin hat on.

That is 100% your prerogative....many people take that approach...and a large number have got out of the habit of going at all....you also realise that you are not helping them maximise their player spending this year...again though..absolutely you're right to do this...there is no obligation to buy a ST.

TowerHibs
11-07-2015, 10:08 AM

Tin hat on.
Me in a nutshell

Hibby70
11-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket

On that basis there's no way youve spent more than a season ticket considering how crap we've been over the last 20 years.

jacomo
11-07-2015, 10:56 AM
'Swithering'. Good word.

The share issue might well be a factor, as LD acknowledges. I wonder how many of those who don't get to all home games but have bought an ST anyhow to support the club have decided to buy shares instead?

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2015, 11:24 AM
As things go close to 7,000 is not bad and its encouraging that the numbers appear to be ahead of last year at this time, if we can get close to 8,000 by the start of the season that will be pretty good. To reach 10,000 at home games is going to need around 2,500 walk ups which will all depend on making a good start, lets hope we do.

One thing is pretty clear though. There is a hard core of about 12,000 people as a mixture of ST holders, regular walk ups and casual walk ups ( say 10 games a season ) who are currently keeping Hibs going ...... its hard to say what affect failure to go up this season would have on those numbers, but I have a horrible feeling it would be pretty close to catastrophic.

Once again the ball is in the SFA / SPFL's court. They must have looked on aghast as their blue cash cow crashed and burned against Motherwell and with even some Premiership clubs making noises about part time football can they really afford to sit back and let nature take its course as two of the countries biggest away supports and TV attractions fill the terraces at Alloa or Dumbarton and prime time on BBC ALBA.

Soldiersteve
11-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Bought mine yesterday. No chance of being there for more than 6 or 7 games but happy to support the player budget. :flag:

bigwheel
11-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Bought mine yesterday. No chance of being there for more than 6 or 7 games but happy to support the player budget. :flag:

Top class support. Well done

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2015, 11:30 AM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

GreenCastle
11-07-2015, 11:31 AM
The Hibs support over the last few years has been fairly remarkable considering the horrendous football and several let downs the fans have had.

Many other clubs attendances would be much lower - this has been shown over the years and doesn't matter if it's Celtic, Sevco, Yams and Aberdeen.

Success on the pitch will bring fans back and until we do that many will stay away.

I can't begrudge those people as football in this country is over priced and you want to feel you are getting value for money for even a small amount of your spending.

While I would want Easter Road filled every week and I don't mind if they gave even more free tickets away - regular fans will only sign up if we win something soon.

If we win the league this season - sales will increase.

If we go up via playoffs - sales will increase (but not as many as if we win league).

If we don't go up...expect a drop next season

The fan base is still there as we have seen for the highest league Derby attendance in years at Easter Road, play offs and the semi finals / finals we have been in.

Hibs should be looking at a minimum of 10k every season as a starting point.

Do we know figures for other Scottish clubs?

Keith_M
11-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Keekaboo I putti your apologies for last night meeting ,but we hope to see you when you move back to Mount Florida You will be well located for all those Cup a Finals we reach :wink:

Cheers Ronnie.

I've already got the accommodation (roughly) sorted, I'm now just looking for a well paid job to go with it. :wink:

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Everyone counts, I do something similar with my youngest daughter, well done

Albanian Hibs
11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Half as many as the big team... 😢

Do you think they would have sold much more than 7k if they had still been in the championship?

Carheenlea
11-07-2015, 12:21 PM
As things go close to 7,000 is not bad and its encouraging that the numbers appear to be ahead of last year at this time, if we can get close to 8,000 by the start of the season that will be pretty good. To reach 10,000 at home games is going to need around 2,500 walk ups which will all depend on making a good start, lets hope we do.

One thing is pretty clear though. There is a hard core of about 12,000 people as a mixture of ST holders, regular walk ups and casual walk ups ( say 10 games a season ) who are currently keeping Hibs going ...... its hard to say what affect failure to go up this season would have on those numbers, but I have a horrible feeling it would be pretty close to catastrophic.

Once again the ball is in the SFA / SPFL's court. They must have looked on aghast as their blue cash cow crashed and burned against Motherwell and with even some Premiership clubs making noises about part time football can they really afford to sit back and let nature take its course as two of the countries biggest away supports and TV attractions fill the terraces at Alloa or Dumbarton and prime time on BBC ALBA.

I don`t think it will make a huge difference, certainly not catastrophic. While we have a lot of fans who pick and choose and maybe only go when the team is performing better, I feel we have a larger hard core fan base than some think, and care too much about the club to ever give up. We might be near that figure now.

Lago
11-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Reading this thread has me wondering when hibs and football clubs in general became so dependent on season ticket sales for their income. From memory when I first started going to ER in 1970 most supporters did not buy season tickets, is my memory deceiving me or was that the case?

iwasthere1972
11-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Reading this thread has me wondering when hibs and football clubs in general became so dependent on season ticket sales for their income. From memory when I first started going to ER in 1970 most supporters did not buy season tickets, is my memory deceiving me or was that the case?

I would guess that the players wages compared to your fan's average wages are a lot higher percentage wise to what they were in the 70's. Maybe just having two transfer windows to do business doesn't help either. There's probably a whole load of reasons why season tickets are more important now than they were forty years ago. Bigger crowds especially against the extinct Old Firm and the Jam Tarts. Even revenue from Europe must have been good up until the mid seventies.

Answers on a postcard.

greenginger
11-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Half as many as the big team... 

The Yams are selling junior seasons for £ 50. An adult buying a season can purchase two junior tickets for a total of £ 100.

I'm sure there will be a lot of scarf twirlers buying tickets for their sprogs to enhance the numbers and satisfy their big-team delusion.

What matters is the cash generated .

A quick scan through the last 12 years of our respective accounts shows Hibs gross turnover at £87.6 million compared to theirs at £96.5 million. ( player sales excluded )

They are only 10% ahead of us despite the crazy spending of Romanov. Big Team my A ***

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Cheers Ronnie.

I've already got the accommodation (roughly) sorted, I'm now just looking for a well paid job to go with it. :wink:

Can't help you there I am afraid ,work in A Local Authority and at 1% pay rise for next four years ,but doing another two or three jobs as People leave and don't get replaced ,it' doesn't get any easier . :confused:

Famous Fiver
11-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Hibby 70

Only time I got really pissed off was under Bobby Williamson, even stuck with them through the Walter Galbraith and Terry Butcher reigns.. There is always a glimmer of hope of better times ahead which kept me going back. Afraid I took BWs advice and went to the pictures for my entertainment.

Last 20 years have had some good times. It's not been all bad!

Tom Hart RIP
11-07-2015, 04:17 PM

I thought that only centre stand and North and South stands had season tickets. I can't remember season tickets being available for the terracing but not sure. Anybody clarify?

weecounty hibby
11-07-2015, 04:25 PM
I thought that only centre stand and North and South stands had season tickets. I can't remember season tickets being available for the terracing but not sure. Anybody clarify?

My first ST was for the east around 86/87. But agree with you that traditionally STs were normally for stands

son of haggart
11-07-2015, 05:07 PM

They were for Tynecastle in the early 70s so I am sure hibs would be the same. IIRC Hearts had about 2000 terracing season tickets when I had one - most people just went for walk ups as there was not the benefit of choosing your seat, just a small discount, but you could definitely get terracing STs

Lago
11-07-2015, 05:40 PM
That certainly rings a bell, I'm sure STs were only for the old main stand when I first wdnt to ER.

The Harp
11-07-2015, 06:51 PM

When I bought my first season ticket (North Stand) in '71, the price was £6!!! At that time they were only available for the Centre and North stand - the South end of the stand was given to the OF and the Yams when they played at ER. In season '72/73 the price was up to £8 and by the start of 74/75 it had increased to £12.50. Still have these 3 season books at home (ok, so I'm a hoarder :wink:)
Think it may have been around the mid 70s when terracing season tickets became available at ER. The South stand later became a Family Stand for a time and I'm sure I had a season ticket there for a few years when I started taking my laddie, and then my daughter, along. The old north enclosure later became the Family Stand, possibly during the Duff/Gray era.

Lago
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
When I bought my first season ticket (North Stand) in '71, the price was £6!!! At that time they were only available for the Centre and North stand - the South end of the stand was given to the OF and the Yams when they played at ER. In season '72/73 the price was up to £8 and by the start of 74/75 it had increased to £12.50. Still have these 3 season books at home (ok, so I'm a hoarder :wink:)
Think it may have been around the mid 70s when terracing season tickets became available at ER. The South stand later became a Family Stand for a time and I'm sure I had a season ticket there for a few years when I started taking my laddie, and then my daughter, along. The old north enclosure later became the Family Stand, possibly during the Duff/Gray era.
Oh happy days.:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
12-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Not bought mine yet.Had one when working away from home and lucky to get six games a season.Had one since i retiredand last season I think it was seven games Imanaged sure to chemo so notdecided yet.

superfurryhibby
12-07-2015, 12:24 PM
I would guess that the players wages compared to your fan's average wages are a lot higher percentage wise to what they were in the 70's. Maybe just having two transfer windows to do business doesn't help either. There's probably a whole load of reasons why season tickets are more important now than they were forty years ago. Bigger crowds especially against the extinct Old Firm and the Jam Tarts. Even revenue from Europe must have been good up until the mid seventies.

Answers on a postcard.

Interesting observation. I would guess that ticket prices are now proportionally higher (much higher) compared to the average wage in this era than they were back in the 70's. No shirt sponsorship or TV money either. I agree that player wages would have taken a smaller % of the revenues generated though, possibly way less and I suppose you have the whole infrastructure thing to consider these days. In Turnbull's day it was him, John Fraser and Tam McNiven.

FranckSuzy
12-07-2015, 12:29 PM
I think the numbers who have renewed so far are decent and no doubt with (hopefully) a few more signings to come, the amount will increase.

Perhaps the reason for less people buying a ST this season could be because they've signed up to HSL..? Some folk may only be able to do one thing to support their team and, faced with not making many games or being short of cash, they've maybe decided that £10 or £18.75 p/m is a better fit than £400+ in one go or £30ish per month :dunno:

Broken Gnome
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Promo vid.

https://youtu.be/-LlMiFYfZIg

Ozyhibby
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5546

Jonnyboy
12-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Promo vid.

https://youtu.be/-LlMiFYfZIg

Goosebumps, every time I hear it :aok:

Wonder how many Jambos were there, singing along :greengrin

andy1875
12-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Goosebumps, every time I hear it :aok:

Wonder how many Jambos were there, singing along :greengrin

Cheers for sharing J!

Watched a lot o T this weekend and hadn't seen that.

Goosebumps as you say. Brilliant.

Kaff
12-07-2015, 11:19 PM
The Yams are selling junior seasons for £ 50. An adult buying a season can purchase two junior tickets for a total of £ 100.

I'm sure there will be a lot of scarf twirlers buying tickets for their sprogs to enhance the numbers and satisfy their big-team delusion.

What matters is the cash generated .

A quick scan through the last 12 years of our respective accounts shows Hibs gross turnover at £87.6 million compared to theirs at £96.5 million. ( player sales excluded )

They are only 10% ahead of us despite the crazy spending of Romanov. Big Team my A ***

I got 2 kids for £25 each and an adult in the FF Lower (we'll only make 5-6 games), i genuinely can't believe this stand doesnt sell out and wonder should more be done to show we're doing these deals - basically one parent and two kids for £20 a game. I can't remember the actual figure but does the average price paid for an ST at Easter Road not come to something below £200? Can remember RP quoting a figure couple of years ago

bobbyhibs1983
13-07-2015, 09:20 AM
I got 2 kids for £25 each and an adult in the FF Lower (we'll only make 5-6 games), i genuinely can't believe this stand doesnt sell out and wonder should more be done to show we're doing these deals - basically one parent and two kids for £20 a game. I can't remember the actual figure but does the average price paid for an ST at Easter Road not come to something below £200? Can remember RP quoting a figure couple of years ago

But what if fans do not have kids?
I can only speak from our experince, that despite all the good efforts for good value kids deals hibs have done, the people whom dont have kids, it means little to them when the people have to pay around £350 or whatever the price is for them is.

greenginger
13-07-2015, 11:36 AM

I think the Hibs deal is only available in the FF lower. Yams fans can buy 2 child seasons for £ 50 each nearly anywhere in the PBS.

A couple of their fans were telling me they had bought child season tickets to get their sprogs to be Hearts fans at an early age.

One has a 9 month old daughter, the other 2 boys aged 1 and 4. I'm sure the numbers will make them feel that Hearts are Big club.

13-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Strongly strongly urge anybody who CAN buy a season ticket to do so. The club have come on leaps and bounds, Stubbs has build a good team, the club has become a lot more connected with the fans, two successful new kit promotions and there is a real buzz and optimism around the club atm. This season is going to be tough but if we can get ER filled as much as possible that will give the boys a huge boost and will be more intimidating for teams coming here.

Ozyhibby
13-07-2015, 11:54 AM
I've still to buy my two, possibly three so there are still sales to come.

Gerard
13-07-2015, 11:58 AM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Kaff
13-07-2015, 12:17 PM
But what if fans do not have kids?
I can only speak from our experince, that despite all the good efforts for good value kids deals hibs have done, the people whom dont have kids, it means little to them when the people have to pay around £350 or whatever the price is for them is.

I don't have an answer to that and what better deals the club might be able to do?
I just think that the FF lower should be sold out with the deal available, as GG says it is only this stand that is on this price so would be concentrated sales I would have thought, I just wonder how much this deal is advertised outside the usual club outlets as this would perhaps pull in some supporters put off by walk up prices for kids tickets.
As has been talked about in the singing section debates this stand being full gives the ground a good 'look' to it, albeit young kids aren't going to fill the ground with noise it does look better when there are full sections

Lee Marvin
13-07-2015, 12:18 PM

My mate and I, both lapsed season ticket holders, are getting ours in the next couple of days.

Not had one for 5 years but I've been suitably impressed with the changes at the club over the last 12 months to get mine back. I reckon we will sell 7700-8000.

GGTTH

bobbyhibs1983
13-07-2015, 12:32 PM
I don't have an answer to that and what better deals the club might be able to do?

now where do i start?
for example, buy a season ticket and get the hibs tops 25-45% off
like above buy a season ticket get £10-£15 off

I have said before that if someone buys a season ticket, the next again season they get a discount 5% maybe?Money off next again season's st?

Buy a season ticket and for a freind/realative if they want a season ticket they d get money off a season ticket?
Buy a season ticket and at every home game you can get a free soft drink? a free pie/free item(i maybe surgest 1 free item here?)

there are a few ideas, im sure a few people may have issues with these ideas, but thats my 2 cents worth.

ancient hibee
13-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Next season they should advertise that every season ticket purchaser before a certain date will go into a draw where 100 will get their money back and 500 will get half their money back.

Kaff
13-07-2015, 07:30 PM
now where do i start?
for example, buy a season ticket and get the hibs tops 25-45% off
like above buy a season ticket get £10-£15 off

I have said before that if someone buys a season ticket, the next again season they get a discount 5% maybe?Money off next again season's st?

Buy a season ticket and for a freind/realative if they want a season ticket they d get money off a season ticket?
Buy a season ticket and at every home game you can get a free soft drink? a free pie/free item(i maybe surgest 1 free item here?)

there are a few ideas, im sure a few people may have issues with these ideas, but thats my 2 cents worth.

Good points, which aren't necessarily based around reducing the income from the actual ticket.
I'm not against deals for non kids, would love to see the ground fuller even if its similar income at the beginning

Ozyhibby
13-07-2015, 08:23 PM
My mate and I, both lapsed season ticket holders, are getting ours in the next couple of days.

Not had one for 5 years but I've been suitably impressed with the changes at the club over the last 12 months to get mine back. I reckon we will sell 7700-8000.

GGTTH

This will be my first season ticket since Calderwood's bag of sweeties summer.
Pressure's on Hibs. :-)

Billy Whizz
13-07-2015, 08:24 PM
This will be my first season ticket since Calderwood's bag of sweeties summer.
Pressure's on Hibs. :-)

Get on with it them, and get them bought!

Ringothedog
13-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Next season they should advertise that every season ticket purchaser before a certain date will go into a draw where 100 will get their money back and 500 will get half their money back.

And if season tickets stay the same then that is approx £70k less to the club....no thanks. We have to come up with better and more innovative ways to get fans through the gates.A winning and successful team would be a start.