PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tonight's games

Jim44
09-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Aberdeen and St Johnstone both through to next round. Dumbarton beat Hearts 2-0.

Sorry St Johnstone out.

Billy Whizz
09-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Aberdeen and St Johnstone both through to next round. Dumbarton beat Hearts 2-0.

Thought Saints went out?

SteveHFC
09-07-2015, 08:43 PM
St.Johnstone are an embarrassment to Scottish football.

CA Hibby
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
SJ are out on away goals

Jim44
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Thought Saints went out?

Oops sorry. Got my wires crossed. St Johnstone oot.

Ronniekirk
09-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Thought Saints went out?

What was score tonight they only got beat. 1 0 away so thought they had decent chance of going through

Jim44
09-07-2015, 08:46 PM
What was score tonight they only got beat. 1 0 away so thought they had decent chance of going through

They won 2-1 tonight. Out on away goals rule.

zlatan
09-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Out to the second lowest ranked side in the draw who played the last half an hour with 10 men. Yeesh.

Ronniekirk
09-07-2015, 08:48 PM
They won 2-1 tonight. Out on away goals rule.

Cheers They must have made another Financial loss in Europe Begs the question if it's worth it for them to keep qualifying if that's the case

Ozyhibby
09-07-2015, 08:49 PM
We play these games too early.
Even if we can't switch to total summer football we should at least try to start the season earlier.

Ronniekirk
09-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Out to the second lowest ranked side in the draw who played the last half an hour with 10 men. Yeesh.

Gees oh that is embarrassing

Mcpakeisgod
09-07-2015, 08:51 PM

so were we

Nutmegged
09-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Even if we can't switch to total summer football we should at least try to start the season earlier.

Its the first week in July mate, without switching to Summer Football how early do we need to start?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2015, 08:53 PM

Spot on.

I've said it for at least 3 years now. Scottish clubs now go into European competition so early we need to adapt and bring the season forward to give teams a half decent chance and a chance to improve the co efficient. As it stands a 'European adventure' is little more than a glorified Intertoto Cup game or 2 and an inevitable defeat.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Its the first week in July mate, without switching to Summer Football how early do we need to start?

Scottish Cup Final mid to late April, season starts first week in July. As opposed to now where SC Final is mid to late May and season starts first week in August.

Hardly a massive change although I accept with School holidays crowds may be a hit a bit the 1st couple of weeks of the season.

Brightside
09-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Scottish football is simply very poor played by poor players. St J players should have been busting a gut to win tonight. But we are a spoiled nation with spolied players. Beaten by a team of barmen.

Sergey
09-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Scottish Cup Final mid to late April, season starts first week in July. As opposed to now where SC Final is mid to late May and season starts first week in August.

Hardly a massive change although I accept with School holidays crowds may be a hit a bit the 1st couple of weeks of the season.

It's not as clear cut as what you suggest, S. There's normally a couple of international matches scheduled for the beginning of June each year and those would fall within your new 'close season'.

I'm not actually sure what the answer is unless the international matches were to be switched...which I doubt will happen.

Carheenlea
09-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Not so much the games coming too early, more a general poor standard of our domestic game on the European stage.
Improve the quality of player playing for Scottish teams and games against such clubs at this stage of the season will pose little problem.

green&left
09-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Looking at where St Johnstone are going next, and to play a team who put Red Star Belgradge out tonight I suspect they're happy to have gotten beaten, well the chairman and accountant anyway.

Cost £110k to Armenia to charter the flight, **** no's what it would cost when you're playing nearer China than you are Britian which would've been the case for their next game.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Not so much the games coming too early, more a general poor standard of our domestic game on the European stage.
Improve the quality of player playing for Scottish teams and games against such clubs at this stage of the season will pose little problem.

Nonsense. St. Johnstone are far better than the team who beat them today. Otherwise they would just sign all their players.
We need to adapt to when we are asked to play European games.
LoI teams have done much better since they went to a summer league. The solution is there.

cabbageandribs1875
09-07-2015, 09:28 PM
for the 1224565478589352 time....summer fitbaw is the way to go :agree:

ballengeich
09-07-2015, 10:04 PM
St Johnstone's loss wasn't down to their opponents greater match fitness since the Armenian season hasn't started yet either. It had more to do with them missing their entire midfield through injury and conceding a sloppy goal shortly after both central defenders had gone off injured.

GreenArmyyy!
09-07-2015, 11:02 PM

We really can't call any team embarrassing after our last ten years in Europe.

lord bunberry
09-07-2015, 11:50 PM
so were we

But not this season so we can take the false high ground and critics and bemoan

hfc rd
10-07-2015, 12:08 AM

Don't think we've got a right to call them embarrassing after our abysmal record in Europe for the past decade.

InterviewLoI
10-07-2015, 12:11 AM
UCD went through 😂😍😍😍😍

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2015, 05:54 AM
It is embarrassing. It's embarrassing every year no matter who it is.

I've said it before - the race to "win" European football every year is just a race to see who can be humiliated first next season.

Springbank
10-07-2015, 06:48 AM

Sorry St Johnstone out.

Good result for Dumbarton
Any links to match report for that one?

Hibernian Verse
10-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Went to the Aberdeen game last night. I was really impressed with the Albanian side they gave it everything and had some really technical players. By no means a walkover and nor should we expect it to be!

dangermouse
10-07-2015, 07:08 AM
More importantly, did Dumbarton really beat the Savile's or is that just a wind up?

Geo_1875
10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Don't think we've got a right to call them embarrassing after our abysmal record in Europe for the past decade.

Can't both teams be embarrassing?

Dan Sarf
10-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Can't both teams be embarrassing?

The BBC's Scottish Gossip report certainly is...

"The Dons are through after winning on away goals against Shkendija, but beaten manager Shpetim Duro believes the best team have went out of the competition."

:rolleyes:

andrew70
10-07-2015, 09:13 AM
More importantly, did Dumbarton really beat the Savile's or is that just a wind up?

Yes. 2-0.

It was a mix of their really VERY good first teamers and their really VERY good youth players.

They are all really VERY good aren't they?

To be fair pre-season results matter not a jot but they are going to get a rude awakening in the Scottish Premiership this coming season.

Terrible coach, terrible tactics, terrible team.

I hope young Sam Nicholson gets out of their asap because his talent isn't being fully utilised by the management team.

SteveHFC
10-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Yes. 2-0.

It was a mix of their really VERY good first teamers and their really VERY good youth players.

They are all really VERY good aren't they?

To be fair pre-season results matter not a jot but they are going to get a rude awakening in the Scottish Premiership this coming season.

Terrible coach, terrible tactics, terrible team.

I hope young Sam Nicholson gets out of their asap because his talent isn't being fully utilised by the management team.

Anyone know when Nicholson's contract is up? Would love to see him at Hibs.

Billy Whizz
10-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Anyone know when Nicholson's contract is up? Would love to see him at Hibs.

Signed a 3 year deal last summer

Diclonius
10-07-2015, 10:55 AM

:agree:

The last time Hibs actually won a tie in the Europa League/UEFA Cup was 1989.

Pretty sure St Johnstone have won a few since then, such as against Rosenborg.

iwasthere1972
10-07-2015, 10:56 AM
The BBC's Scottish Gossip report certainly is...

"The Dons are through after winning on away goals against Shkendija, but beaten manager Shpetim Duro believes the best team have went out of the competition."

:rolleyes:

Shocking grammar. Must have been written by someone on here.

Diclonius
10-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Shocking grammar. Must have been written by someone on here.

There's no way anyone here could of done that.

hfc rd
10-07-2015, 11:30 AM
:agree:

The last time Hibs actually won a tie in the Europa League/UEFA Cup was 1989.

Pretty sure St Johnstone have won a few since then, such as against Rosenborg.

They've done no bad. Knocked out Rosenborg and FC Luzern from Switzerland in recent seasons. Certainly not embarrassing Scottish Football.

iwasthere1972
10-07-2015, 11:39 AM
There's no way anyone here could of done that.

I no that now. There better than that.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2015, 11:49 AM

Not certain this will work, but here goes....

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dumbarton-2-hearts-0-championship-team-win-1-3827012

iwasthere1972
10-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Not certain this will work, but here goes....

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dumbarton-2-hearts-0-championship-team-win-1-3827012

I was more shocked by the story at the side of the page about the pensioner whose body had lay in his flat in Easter Road for three years before it was discovered. A neighbour said she hadn't seen the man since 2012. Would that not set alarm bells ringing? What a shame. He couldn't have had any family or close friends.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2015, 12:55 PM
I was more shocked by the story at the side of the page about the pensioner whose body had lay in his flat in Easter Road for three years before it was discovered. A neighbour said she hadn't seen the man since 2012. Would that not set alarm bells ringing? What a shame. He couldn't have had any family or close friends.

Tragic.
I was brought up yards from there. It wouldn't have happened then I'm certain.

iwasthere1972
10-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Tragic.
I was brought up yards from there. It wouldn't have happened then I'm certain.

I would imagine that his pension was getting paid into a bank account or post office. Surprised it wasn't picked up that the account hadn't been used.

Probably not the the correct thread to be discussing it but I can't fathom out how it took three years.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I would imagine that his pension was getting paid into a bank account or post office. Surprised it wasn't picked up that the account hadn't been used.

Probably not the the correct thread to be discussing it but I can't fathom out how it took three years.

We live in a society that couldn't care less. You're right, not for this thread but certainly within our 'community'.

givescotlandfreedom
11-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Spot on.

I've said it for at least 3 years now. Scottish clubs now go into European competition so early we need to adapt and bring the season forward to give teams a half decent chance and a chance to improve the co efficient. As it stands a 'European adventure' is little more than a glorified Intertoto Cup game or 2 and an inevitable defeat.

It's the way forward for Scottish clubs in Europe. Particularly when the system has us playing decent sides from Northern Europe who play right through the summer and are in better shape.

DH1875
11-07-2015, 07:44 AM
It's the way forward for Scottish clubs in Europe. Particularly when the system has us playing decent sides from Northern Europe who play right through the summer and are in better shape.

As already pointed out earlier in the thread, the diddy team who knocked StJ out haven't started their season either so its not all about summer football.