PDA

View Full Version : Stewarty Woolard

Evergreen86
08-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I along with many, many others attended the funeral of Stewart 'Stewarty' Woolard. A WW2 veteran who was Hibs daft.

Stewarty, Sadly passed away last week just shy of his 91st birthday and some of you may remember being at ER when Hibs organised a day to remember for his 90th birthday which involved leading the team out, being presented with a personalised strip and being treated like a VIP in the run up to the match....even making the evening news!

I thought it was worth sharing that Hibernian's new club capt David Gray took time out of the pre season training in La Manga to text the family messages of support from the boys.... This would have taken two minutes to send but a gesture that will live long with the family as will the memory of Stewarty - Well Done Hibernian.

The Games Room wont be the same without you. RIP Stewarty!!

:flag:

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I along with many, many others attended the funeral of Stewart 'Stewarty' Woolard. A WW2 veteran who was Hibs daft.

Stewarty, Sadly passed away last week just shy of his 91st birthday and some of you may remember being at ER when Hibs organised a day to remember for his 90th birthday which involved leading the team out, being presented with a personalised strip and being treated like a VIP in the run up to the match....even making the evening news!

I thought it was worth sharing that Hibernian's new club capt David Gray took time out of the pre season training in La Manga to text the family messages of support from the boys.... This would have taken two minutes to send but a gesture that will live long with the family as will the memory of Stewarty - Well Done Hibernian.

:flag:

never new the man but big respect!

RIP Sir.

NAE NOOKIE
08-07-2015, 09:23 AM
R.I.P Mr Woolard ....... Didn't know you, but its always sad to hear of another good Hibby gone. Well done to the club for acknowledging his passing, its exactly this sort of thing which will continue to reconnect it with the supporters.

NOTE:

During the 98/99 season there was a very dapper old gent who used to sit near to us in the FF lower, he was a slim chap and always immaculately turned out, we spoke to him a few times and just knew that he was a 'gentleman' in the true sense of the word, not posh but very well mannered. We didn't see him again after that season and I always wondered what became of him.

MSK
08-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Hello,

:flag:Sorry to hear that, Im sure Stewart was a Steward/barman at Edinburgh City football social club, had many a hibs chat with him & Ian Rogers when delivering the beer to the club ..

Evergreen86
08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear that, Im sure Stewart was a Steward/barman at Edinburgh City football social club, had many a hibs chat with him & Ian Rogers when delivering the beer to the club ..

He was that, a long association with EFC Social Club I believe.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2015, 10:34 AM
RIP. They don't make em like they used to. I'm sure he could have (or is it of) told us young uns a thing or two about sticking with your team through the thick and thin.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Gutted not being able to attend and pay my respects. A true gentleman, RIP Woolie senior. X

Stantons Angel
08-07-2015, 07:17 PM
A nice gesture by the club in texting the family. I know they would have been delighted with this and the mark of respect it represented.

I hope today went well for all concerned. PIP. xx

FranckSuzy
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Very sorry to hear that. I had a big grin on my face the day he was the 'mascot' and I'm not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye too.

Nice touch from DG/the club as well :aok:

RIP Stewarty.

Fergos
08-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Yes, remember the day well when SW was on the pitch for his birthday. As mentioned above, it brought a smile to see.

Good to see the Club acknowledging the sad news.

RIP.

GGTTH

Bay Area Hibees
09-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Condolensces to friends and family.
Sounds like a great gentleman

Capt Mainwaring
09-07-2015, 05:19 AM
Rest in peace Stewarty- what a life you must have led. Your family must be so proud and the Hibernian family salutes you