PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Verheijen

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 04:19 PM
@raymondverheije: The @HibsOfficial coach Alan Stubbs is a typical example of an uneducated coach overtraining & injuring his players. http://t.co/lrg11C28rt

mim
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
@raymondverheije: The @HibsOfficial coach Alan Stubbs is a typical example of an uneducated coach overtraining & injuring his players. http://t.co/lrg11C28rt
Wonder if he told Everton :confused:

Wilson
07-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Wonder if he told Everton :confused:

He wrote the book on conditioning in football. Or, rather, he wrote a book on it.

Seemingly he pops up with scathing attacks on coaches and clubs every now and again. Most higher profile than ours.

Looks like if it isn't his way then it is the wrong way...

CRAZYHIBBY
07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Raymond has a right to voice his own opinion and he might actually have a point. ....on the other hand i have a right to voice mine and i think he's a bawbag

CallumLaidlaw
07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty comfortable that our conditioning coach knows what he's doing seeing as he's been doing pre season camps freelance for a few years

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Sorry who is he

Velma Dinkley
07-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Obviously the best way to shed a few pounds is to buy his book.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Sorry who is he

He's one of the most respected football fitness coaches in the world.

Wilson
07-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Come arrogant windbag...

Golden Bear
07-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Aye, - the visit to La Manga was a gigantic mistake from the start and this surely proves it.

:wink:

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Oh great, every injury we get this season someone will reference this and it will be Stubbs fault.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh great, every injury we get this season someone will reference this and it will be Stubbs fault.

That's what I thought.

StarMan10
07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Love how he knows every single detail of the training camp by reading an article.

I trust Stubbs and the coaching staff to know how to get the best out of the players.

Unseen work
07-07-2015, 05:19 PM
3 sessions a day doesn't necessarily mean sprints every time.

They will mix it up every session wether it is shooting, possession, runs, gym work, tactics/ set pieces

PeterboroHibee
07-07-2015, 05:21 PM
I think there is likely alot of truth in the general point hes trying to make it, but theres very little detail in the article hes mentioned, so to attack Stubbs personally is unfair.

lord bunberry
07-07-2015, 05:23 PM
I couldn't give a **** what he thinks.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Love how he knows every single detail of the training camp by reading an article.

I trust Stubbs and the coaching staff to know how to get the best out of the players.

What the pecks the boy doing reading the Edinburgh Evening News? Needs tae get a life.

bingo70
07-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Wonder if he's pals with Mark Wotte? The same Mark Wotte that's rumoured to be about to become part of the rangers set up.

Hibee87
07-07-2015, 05:25 PM
My source tells me the players held a secret skype chat with petrie and dempster over the rigorous training regime, they're not even allowed a drink of water ffs

high bee
07-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Think it's cause he is peddling his new book.

Looks to be slagging teams pre season training and going on to day you can find out why it's wrong but reading his book.

Waxy
07-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Looks like he's trying to emulate that old wifey whatshername? Who goes on thismorning (im told) and spouts stuff to try and shock for attention.

banarc7062
07-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Raymond has a right to voice his own opinion and he might actually have a point. ....on the other hand i have a right to voice mine and i think he's a bawbag
I will go along with that assessment too. GGTTH:flag:

madhatter
07-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Robbie Neilson and Hearts got commended for their triple sessions last season and I think it was partially behind their success. We do something similar for pre-season and we are criticised - who is making this up?

TonyStokeprano
07-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Robbie Neilson and Hearts got commended for their triple sessions last season and I think it was partially behind their success. We do something similar for pre-season and we are criticised - who is making this up?

He criticised moyes from the day he took over at man utd until the day he left, constantly on twitter every time a united player picked up a knock or strain saying that oyes was a dinosawo overworked his players, so an ex student of moyes (stubbs) seems an easy target.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM

We've only been criticised by one person who does not know the full facts and is basing his Criticism on one article.
To be fair the article did have a bit of a 'jock Wallace sand dunes' tone to it, which was probably a way of responding to criticism of the trip to Spain.
I think our sports science guys will be fully aware of Verheijen's methods especially since Martinez uses them. I'm not worried.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 05:52 PM
He criticised moyes from the day he took over at man utd until the day he left, constantly on twitter every time a united player picked up a knock or strain saying that oyes was a dinosawo overworked his players, so an ex student of moyes (stubbs) seems an easy target.

He criticised Moyes because Van Persie arrived for pre season late after a long injury lay off and Moyes had him training three times a day so he could catch up and be ready to play in a money spinning friendly in Australia. He promptly picked up an injury and missed the first three months of the season.

Tinribs
07-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Just had a look at this welts Twitter feed, he has absolutely nothing positive to say about anyone and comes over as a self satisfied smug little turd. He is also the same guy who tried to get the Wales job two days after Gary speed was buried, he claimed it was Speeds wish that he get it. Erse of the first order.

Jonnyboy
07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Raymond Verheijen is Dutch for Katie Hopkins, don'tcha know :greengrin

The_Horde
07-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Gonna be honest. I think he may have a point. A lot of our players looked tired towards the end of last season and we had lots of injuries during the season too, particularly muscular ones.

bigwheel
07-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Gonna be honest. I think he may have a point. A lot of our players looked tired towards the end of last season and we had lots of injuries during the season too, particularly muscular ones.

He may have a point, or may not...frankly unless he knows what the specific training and recovery plans are - then his views are merely assumptions....

The_Horde
07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
He may have a point, or may not...frankly unless he knows what the specific training and recovery plans are - then his views are merely assumptions....

Agreed.

Hibbyradge
07-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Stubbs out!

Velma Dinkley
07-07-2015, 06:51 PM
The players all had individual health and fitness assessments conducted by skilled and experienced fitness experts prior to any preseason training beginning. They all have individual training plans and Stubbs also made it clear that the training has been planned 'to the second'. I get the impression everyone knows exactly what they're doing :flag:

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Stubbs out!

Butcher in!

Waxy
07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Butcher in!Not even in jest please.

brianmc
07-07-2015, 07:46 PM
The guy is basing his opinion of Stubbs training regime on an article in the EEN comic? Wow, he's clearly done his research then eh?

green day
07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
The boy is a troll on twitter. Also slagging off many English clubs. Who cares

Thecat23
07-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I don't think anyone honestly has a clue what's good and what's not! Up until couple weeks ago Ice was the main treatment to muscle injuries or ligament damage. Now it's said to be proven that it actually slows down the healing and that's why your injury goes hot like when you have a pulled ligament it's the bodies way of repairing itself opening up blood vessels.

So does anyone really know if all this works? All in the mind if you ask me!!!

Pretty Boy
07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Verjehien can always be counted upon to say something negative about something. I don't think I've ever read him say anything positive about anything football related.

He's got his theories and he's so obsessed with them that he's completely close minded to any alternatives. Good luck to him but he knows **** all about what Hibs are up to in Spain and our own fitness and conditioning coach could probably argue the benefits of our trip as passionately as Verjehien will dismiss them.

No doubt the 1st injury we pick up next season will see this being dragged back up though to gleefully offer 'conclusive proof that nothing has changed' or something like that

Bostonhibby
07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Promoting a new book? - got tae say something controversial in a vain attempt to avoid ending up in the £1 bin ends next to Craig Leveins 100 favourite international attacking formations volume 3.

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Gonna be honest. I think he may have a point. A lot of our players looked tired towards the end of last season and we had lots of injuries during the season too, particularly muscular ones.Was a squad rotation problem more than anything else. Stevenson played just about every game, same with Hanlon, Allan Robertson etc. A deeper squad allowing more rotation is essential.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Stubbs is hardly likely to give a blow by blow account of the approach.
Maybe they've got a sweepstake on who they reel in...
What he's done is set the tone - he'll work them hard. He's looking to be ultra-professional - nothing wrong with that. It's what we've been calling out for since JC left.
Just let this boy shoot from the hip tho if it make him feel important. The proof will be in the end result. Stubbs and the conditioning boy knows the mainstay of the group - Gold Member doesn't know if he's Cummings or going ;)

3pm
07-07-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't think anyone honestly has a clue what's good and what's not! Up until couple weeks ago Ice was the main treatment to muscle injuries or ligament damage. Now it's said to be proven that it actually slows down the healing and that's why your injury goes hot like when you have a pulled ligament it's the bodies way of repairing itself opening up blood vessels.

So does anyone really know if all this works? All in the mind if you ask me!!!

Magic sticks were the way big teams went. :agree:

Bayern Bru
07-07-2015, 09:16 PM
My source tells me the players held a secret skype chat with petrie and dempster over the rigorous training regime, they're not even allowed a drink of water ffs

Did they aye?

R'Albin
07-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I doubt players with the ability of Fontaine and Fyvie would be so enthusiastic about re-signing if they were being overworked.

higgy0418
07-07-2015, 10:48 PM
He criticised Moyes because Van Persie arrived for pre season late after a long injury lay off and Moyes had him training three times a day so he could catch up and be ready to play in a money spinning friendly in Australia. He promptly picked up an injury and missed the first three months of the season.
i remember listening to him on talksport at this time. he came across as an absolute **** who never had a good word to say about any coach.

the only coach who he complimented was jose mourinho...which is annoying because look how many players he used last season and the consistancy of his starting 11. he may have had a point

R'Albin
07-07-2015, 11:02 PM
i remember listening to him on talksport at this time. he came across as an absolute **** who never had a good word to say about any coach.

the only coach who he complimented was jose mourinho...which is annoying because look how many players he used last season and the consistancy of his starting 11. he may have had a point

So basically he decided to compliment arguably the most consistent and successful coach in the past decade so he could feel 'vindicated' when they go on to have a great, injury-free season.

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Verjehien can always be counted upon to say something negative about something. I don't think I've ever read him say anything positive about anything football related.

He's got his theories and he's so obsessed with them that he's completely close minded to any alternatives. Good luck to him but he knows **** all about what Hibs are up to in Spain and our own fitness and conditioning coach could probably argue the benefits of our trip as passionately as Verjehien will dismiss them.

No doubt the 1st injury we pick up next season will see this being dragged back up though to gleefully offer 'conclusive proof that nothing has changed' or something like that

surely most footballers after they retire have alot of niggling pains due to the hard work there bodies have been put through with any kind of hard training they do whether it be Rayman Vanhinding's way or not. if they dont train so hard then some of them wont be fit enough to get there season off to a good start.

like you say though he is too close mined to realise even his way players will end up injured one way or another.

Keith_M
08-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Man slags of fellow professionals, of whom he knows little, in effort to promote new book.

Very nice.

jacomo
08-07-2015, 08:59 AM

This humour is turd coloured.

jacomo
08-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Stubbs is hardly likely to give a blow by blow account of the approach.
Maybe they've got a sweepstake on who they reel in...
What he's done is set the tone - he'll work them hard. He's looking to be ultra-professional - nothing wrong with that. It's what we've been calling out for since JC left.
Just let this boy shoot from the hip tho if it make him feel important. The proof will be in the end result. Stubbs and the conditioning boy knows the mainstay of the group - Gold Member doesn't know if he's Cummings or going ;)

:agree:

After the shambles we were in last summer, no surprise AS wants to establish some basics early on this summer.

Haymaker
08-07-2015, 10:09 AM
surely most footballers after they retire have alot of niggling pains due to the hard work there bodies have been put through with any kind of hard training they do whether it be Rayman Vanhinding's way or not. if they dont train so hard then some of them wont be fit enough to get there season off to a good start.

like you say though he is too close mined to realise even his way players will end up injured one way or another.

His ideas are that there is a way to play with minimal injuries, minimising the risk of injury gives you a better chance to win games if your players are fit and healthy and available all the time for a long time.

Chelsea have this down to a tee currently, as do Barcelona, Real Madrid - AC Milan used to be pioneers of this. You cant eradicate injury but you can make the possibility of injury as remote as possible.

RV main gripe (and mine as well) is that there are a lot of people in football (even at pro level) who understand "fitness" yet don't understand football. I know a guy doing semi-pro football and has got a "sports scientist" and "fitness coach" in who has no football knowledge. In the 10 hours of pre season so far (2 weeks!) he has started getting muscular injuries, forcing players to run mile after mile in straight lines, same tempo training sessions and mostly for too long.

Funnily enough I went to my local teams first preseason last night and the 1st team gaffer was giving it the same chat and 5 minutes in the club captain is down with a calf injury. I did preseason last year, properly, and no injuries and a flying start to the season.

Sorry, went off on a rant there.

hibee316
08-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Stubbs out!

I didn't realise you smoked? :)

GreenCastle
08-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Raymond is known for his sometimes outspoken and controverial approach to fitness / rest / recovery / periodisation.

I think what he is trying to get at is that the players have been off for a few weeks and are straight into x3 sessions a day and are possibly going to be fatigued therefore Hibs not getting the required output in sessions and possibility of fatigue injuries.

Now we don't know what intensity these sessions are at (and the content) but Verheijen often picks out examples of clubs approaching training the wrong way especially after European midweek games - he called the Arsenal staff amateur last season for example as they had many injuries.

Having heard him speak in person he definitely approaches the game with a different view point and does have a few good ideas.

Hibs may be over training - we don't know. What I would expect is those employed to look after that side of the team are educated enough to make sure our players are at minimal risk of over use injuries.

I know sometimes younger players are especially at risk as they aren't used to the intensity of full time sessions therefore can burn out / become injured very quickly - they really need to be eased into the new set up to give body time to adapt.

Bottom line here is that he has singled out Hibs from a distance and it's a dangerous game until you know all the facts.

Ozyhibby
08-07-2015, 10:55 AM
It would be nice to hear Hibs respond to this, if for no other reason that I'm interested in this sort of stuff.

nellio
08-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Was part of the Wales set up under Speedo but Coleman got the job after Speedo died and Dutch Ray was out in the cold. I seem to remember him being very critical of Colemans set up at that point and now Coleman has taken us to the brink of a first major championship since the 1950's (beating the number 2 team in the rankings on the way) and to the top 10 of the FIFA rankings.

He just likes the publicity and no coincidence he has a new book out by the sounds of it!

Haymaker
08-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Was part of the Wales set up under Speedo but Coleman got the job after Speedo died and Dutch Ray was out in the cold. I seem to remember him being very critical of Colemans set up at that point and now Coleman has taken us to the brink of a first major championship since the 1950's (beating the number 2 team in the rankings on the way) and to the top 10 of the FIFA rankings.

He just likes the publicity and no coincidence he has a new book out by the sounds of it!

And courses to sell! :agree:

I still agree with the majority of what he says although sometimes you just have to deal with it. For example he was raging last year that Man United had to play a PL game then Cambridge (IIRC) in the cup 48 hours later (Pretty sure LvG did as well to be honest). Sometimes games come at you and you have to do the best you can although you would expect the biggest clubs to have the squads to efficiently rotate anyway!

bill the hibby
08-07-2015, 11:19 AM
It would be nice to hear Hibs respond to this, if for no other reason that I'm interested in this sort of stuff.

Why should they? And give the guy any sort of recognition for the he's spouted? Id rather the club ignore it which is what they will do.

Bad Martini
08-07-2015, 11:29 AM
I tend to side with the Shankly thinking in the matters of well trained geniuses in the football world:

"When people ask me my credentials for being a manager or a coach I have one answer... Bill Shankly. They're my qualifications, the way I was born. And that's all the qualifications anyone needs in the game I'm in. I didn't think it was necessary to take an FA coaching course. I didn't think it was going to make me any better. If I take a course am I going to be a better man six days later because I've got a piece of paper? That's nonsense. Chamberlain came back from Germany with a piece of paper.. . the worst ****ing piece of paper we've ever had!!"

...and I tend to side with my instincts on afforementioned geniuses who spout their imparted knowledge to all who will listen (and even those who wont) namely, they are bawbags. With nothing to say and they say it too loudly.

Respect is earned. We should respect some knobend who knows nothing of our internal training processes beyond what he thinks he knows, and listen to his afforementioned wisdom as gospel?

**** right off pal. If you're not with us, you're against us and thus, same rules apply.

ENDOF

O'Rourke3
08-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm sure each player at the club season end left with a diet sheet and a training plan in order to minimise the impact on doing nothing for a month then training flat out. Tge furst rwo days back was fitness testing. To me that reads as " ok, how well did you listen?" Ghe trainers will know about the ages and targets set for each team member they may all be in 3 sessions a day but thats not neccesarily everyone doing the same thing at the same session. They'll equally have a plan for the new boys..

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I tend to side with the Shankly thinking in the matters of well trained geniuses in the football world:

"When people ask me my credentials for being a manager or a coach I have one answer... Bill Shankly. They're my qualifications, the way I was born. And that's all the qualifications anyone needs in the game I'm in. I didn't think it was necessary to take an FA coaching course. I didn't think it was going to make me any better. If I take a course am I going to be a better man six days later because I've got a piece of paper? That's nonsense. Chamberlain came back from Germany with a piece of paper.. . the worst ****ing piece of paper we've ever had!!"

...and I tend to side with my instincts on afforementioned geniuses who spout their imparted knowledge to all who will listen (and even those who wont) namely, they are bawbags. With nothing to say and they say it too loudly.

Respect is earned. We should respect some knobend who knows nothing of our internal training processes beyond what he thinks he knows, and listen to his afforementioned wisdom as gospel?

**** right off pal. If you're not with us, you're against us and thus, same rules apply.

ENDOF
[emoji106] This.

Ozyhibby
08-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Why should they? And give the guy any sort of recognition for the he's spouted? Id rather the club ignore it which is what they will do.

I didn't say they should, just that I would like it if they did for my own curiosity.

snooky
08-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Wasn't it Pat or Jimmy who said that the additional training that Ned brought into the second half of the 0-7 season was a possible reason for the Tornados' drop in form? i.e. they were knacked from too much training.

emerald green
08-07-2015, 06:43 PM

Never heard of him.

ALF TUPPER
08-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Never heard of him ...
I'm sure Stubbsy and his staff know what they're about.

Haymaker
09-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Never heard of him.

Quick question, are you a football fitness coach?

bingo70
09-07-2015, 05:50 AM

Is this guy in a job just now?

(The Dutch boy, not the guy you've quoted)

nellio
09-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Dont think so. He's freelance so to speak and usually provies advice on injury recovery etc. Was employed by Bellamy to look after his knee problems near the end of his career and worked with Arjen Robben recently I think as well.

--------
09-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Wasn't it Pat or Jimmy who said that the additional training that Ned brought into the second half of the 0-7 season was a possible reason for the Tornados' drop in form? i.e. they were knacked from too much training.

Ned T admitted as much himself. The point being that once the players are up to speed and playing one or two games every week, there's no need for heavy sessions. Just playing regularly keeps the players in condition - working off strains and knocks is what training should be about then.

As far as pre-season and La Manga are concerned, I would think a whole lot depends on exactly what Stubbs and the coaches are doing with the guys. They aren't necessarily being run till they puke.

Haymaker
09-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Is this guy in a job just now?

(The Dutch boy, not the guy you've quoted)

He is CEO of World Football Academy which delivers training courses and seminars globally, a fair amount delivered by himself. For the most part he is a consultant to teams as and when needed, particularly tournaments.

tamig
09-07-2015, 11:50 AM

Now, that would open a can of worms. They'd never be off here addressing the posts which inevitably follow a bad result questioning tactics and other such stuff.

Blackfordhibby
09-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Lookslike everbody is in his firing line WBA getting it in the neck as well

Baggies dismiss Verheijen commentsFootball
Posted at 13:10
West Brom have rubbished claims by former Wales assistant boss Raymond Verheijen that their pre-season camp in Austria is too demanding.
Verheijen, who has extensive European experience as a fitness coach, wrote on his personal Twitter account: "Typical pre-season in JurassUK Park: West Brom running a marathon EVERY THREE DAYS as Tony Pulis aims super-fitness."
However, the Baggies have hit back with director of performance Dr Mark Gillett praising manager Tony Pulis' approach.
"Of course the players are pushed hard during pre-season but frankly some of the media reports describing our approach as prehistoric are ridiculous and uneducated," he said.

--------
09-07-2015, 03:49 PM
He is CEO of World Football Academy which delivers training courses and seminars globally, a fair amount delivered by himself. For the most part he is a consultant to teams as and when needed, particularly tournaments.

Remember the definition of a CONSULTANT in the 'Dilbert' cartoons?

http://assets.amuniversal.com/d5e0e880a10b012f2fe600163e41dd5b

A consultant is someone who first CONs you, and then INSULTs you. And all the while you pay him to do so.

Lots more here:

http://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=Consultant

GreenOnions
09-07-2015, 06:35 PM

That's enough info for me. Those who can't do teach.Those who can't teach teach gym (ref Woody Allen) :take that

ancient hibee
09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Remember the definition of a CONSULTANT in the 'Dilbert' cartoons?

http://assets.amuniversal.com/d5e0e880a10b012f2fe600163e41dd5b

A consultant is someone who first CONs you, and then INSULTs you. And all the while you pay him to do so.

Lots more here:

http://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=Consultant

A consultant is someone who asks you a lot of questions then gives your answers back to you along with a bill for a million quid.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2015, 10:11 PM
A consultant is someone who asks you a lot of questions then gives your answers back to you along with a bill for a million quid.

:greengrin

A consultant is a person who gathers together all the previously ignored ideas from the people who work in the front line of businesses.

The consultant then presents them to the leaders who previously ignored them and didn't fancy a change they hadn't thought of themselves.

The ideas are unanimously tested now that the consultant can be blamed if it goes wrong and the glory can be basked in by the leaders if it goes right - the consultant is long gone whatever the outcome but is always paid.

poolman
10-07-2015, 07:28 AM

Probably something like what Tony Blair is nowadays

jacomo
10-07-2015, 10:40 AM

A consultant is a person who gathers together all the previously ignored ideas from the people who work in the front line of businesses.

The consultant then presents them to the leaders who previously ignored them and didn't fancy a change they hadn't thought of themselves.

The ideas are unanimously tested now that the consultant can be blamed if it goes wrong and the glory can be basked in by the leaders if it goes right - the consultant is long gone whatever the outcome but is always paid.

So true, sadly.

Bad Martini
10-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Spot on :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Came across this interview with Verheijen today.
http://offsiderulepodcast.com/2015/07/16/interview-fitness-coach-raymond-verheijen-on-why-chelsea-are-better-prepared-than-manchester-united-or-arsenal/

Ozyhibby
16-07-2015, 09:37 AM
A a wee bit more

http://hornets.kzoo.edu/sports/msoc/2015-16/releases/20150714dthns7

Ozyhibby
16-07-2015, 12:09 PM
This is interesting as well. It's with Stoke's sports science guy. They had the least injuries all last season in EPL.
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9393430/Pre-season-spotlight-Damian-Roden

givescotlandfreedom
17-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I hope Stubbs listens to the man's views and makes his own mind up. There's nothing wrong with a bit of criticism and if AS looks into it and thinks it's nonsense that's fine by me.

poolman
17-07-2015, 11:47 PM
I hope Stubbs listens to the man's views and makes his own mind up. There's nothing wrong with a bit of criticism and if AS looks into it and thinks it's nonsense that's fine by me.

I wonder what Ned and Jock Stein would have thought of all this pi**

Ozyhibby
18-07-2015, 12:31 AM
http://youtu.be/Pppck43vWmI

Worth a watch

emerald green
18-07-2015, 06:27 PM

Just back. Quick answer. No.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Boyle
Carmichael
Keatings
El Alagui
Forster
Malonga
Handling

Was this guy right?

Allant1981
25-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Boyle
Carmichael
Keatings
El Alagui
Forster
Malonga
Handling

Was this guy right?

Were 5 of them not injured during games?

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Boyle
Carmichael
Keatings
El Alagui
Forster
Malonga
Handling

Was this guy right?

He has a point yeah! Few worrying things but still a long way to go.

tamig
25-07-2015, 02:04 PM
He has a point yeah! Few worrying things but still a long way to go.

Most of these guys were injured playing. How does that make the guru right and Stubbs wrong?

Haymaker
25-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Most of these guys were injured playing. How does that make the guru right and Stubbs wrong?

Because fatigue accumulates and can result in injury at any time, training AND games.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Boyle
Carmichael
Keatings
El Alagui
Forster
Malonga
Handling

Was this guy right?

Boyle-no as was at the end of last season

Carmichael/Keatings-unsure when they were injured tbh?

El Al-injury problems most of his career

Forster/Malonga-he may have a point on those two.

Handling-nah. Did his studs not stick in the ground? Just bad luck if so.

Very worrying number of injuries. Fyvie took a sore one today as well

CapitalGreen
25-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Boyle
Carmichael
Keatings
El Alagui
Forster
Malonga
Handling

Was this guy right?

The first 4 were injured before the La Manga trip. We don't know the extent of Forster and Malonga's injuries yet. Bash on though

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 02:11 PM

Malonga limped on to the pitch for the start of the game.

MSK
25-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Because fatigue accumulates and can result in injury at any time, training AND games.Boyle and Farid have had ops, Handlings was an unfortunate injury as he twisted his knee whilst on the pitch, Forster seems to have pulled up with hamstring, Keatings and Carmichael never trained in La Manga so I dont get the link up with what the Dutch guy is spraffing

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Because fatigue accumulates and can result in injury at any time, training AND games.

Saved me typing bud 👍🏼 Thought it was pretty obvious as well!!!

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Foresters hamstring done. And not the first player in the last year to have this sort of injury..