PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN V RANGERS: TICKET INFORMATION

RSS Bot
07-07-2015, 01:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5536)

Gatecrasher
07-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Can't really argue with that IMO. Bring it on!

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Can't really argue with that IMO. Bring it on!

Think £10 for concessions is a bit steep though

Brooster
07-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Think £10 for concessions is a bit steep though

I agree Billy. £35 for me and the boys and probably the same again for the Montrose game could well put me off going to one or both games. Concessions wont be flocking to this game at a tenner. Who's in charge of ticketing at ER these days? Between this and the loyalty scheme debacle for the playoff they dont seem to be hitting the spot.

silverhibee
07-07-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree Billy. £35 for me and the boys and probably the same again for the Montrose game could well put me off going to one or both games. Concessions wont be flocking to this game at a tenner. Who's in charge of ticketing at ER these days? Between this and the loyalty scheme debacle for the playoff they dont seem to be hitting the spot.

Should have been £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

And the Montrose game £10 adult £5 concessions.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Should have been a fiver for kids.
Got a season ticket without top up, so going to have to pay to get into 4 of the first 5 games we have this season.

Home to Rangers
Home to Montrose
Away Dumbarton
Home to Morton
Away Rangers

An expensive start to the season

3pm
07-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Happy at £15.

3pm
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Should have been a fiver for kids.
Got a season ticket without top up, so going to have to pay to get into 4 of the first 5 games we have this season.

Home to Rangers
Home to Montrose
Away Dumbarton
Home to Morton
Away Rangers

An expensive start to the season

You can buy a top up but I looked the day and it was £70 because the early bird finished. Would have bought one at £50 but not at £70.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 04:19 PM
You can buy a top up but I looked the day and it was £70 because the early bird finished. Would have bought one at £50 but not at £70.

I take my 2 daughters, so would have been an extra £150 or so

3pm
07-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I take my 2 daughters, so would have been an extra £150 or so

Yeah, expensive business.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Yeah, expensive business.

It sure is, and is we win our 2 cup games, we'll be playing in the Petrofac cup wc 17th August, and the League cup wc24th August. Potentially 7 games all in August

3pm
07-07-2015, 04:51 PM
It sure is, and is we win our 2 cup games, we'll be playing in the Petrofac cup wc 17th August, and the League cup wc24th August. Potentially 7 games all in August

It'd be handy if kids got all games on their ST. Parents still pay.

Not sure if it's allowed though.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 04:54 PM
It'd be handy if kids got all games on their ST. Parents still pay.

Not sure if it's allowed though.

A great idea, I also take a wee 8 year old, and I've just texted his mum about all the extra she's got to cough up, for the forthcoming games, not looking forward to her reply!!

.Sean.
07-07-2015, 05:00 PM
I cannot wait for this. Great way to kick off the season with a day on the lash with the boys and a game against that mob. Bring it on :scarf::party::take that

DH1875
07-07-2015, 08:35 PM
The question I have is, if they can charge £15 for this game, how do they get away with charging £28 for the league game. I always thought we payed extra for cat A games because of the extra costs for police/security. Are we not gonna need them for this game.

Scottie
07-07-2015, 09:36 PM
£10 and £5 concessions would have been more appropriate IMO.

Think the £15 prices won't encourage anymore walk ups than usual.

S4uzee
07-07-2015, 09:44 PM
£10 and £5 concessions would have been more appropriate IMO.

Think the £15 prices won't encourage anymore walk ups than usual.

Indeed. Poor pricing IMO especially with it being the petrofac

Gatecrasher
07-07-2015, 09:56 PM
First game of the season and the usual complaints already, just goes to show the club can never win no matter what they do.

GordonHFC
07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
£15 to see the Rangers tribute act seems fair since we would have had to pay around £25 if it had been the real thing ☺

.Sean.
07-07-2015, 10:10 PM
First game of the season and the usual complaints already, just goes to show the club can never win no matter what they do.
:agree::yawn:

Greencore
07-07-2015, 10:10 PM
How many tickets have the bigots been given?

iwasthere1972
07-07-2015, 10:19 PM
How many tickets have the bigots been given?

I wonder if any of them will boycott the game because we cut their allocation last time.

I would think they will have their normal allocation. Probably fill it with it being the first competitive match of the season.

Greencore
07-07-2015, 11:20 PM
I wonder if any of them will boycott the game because we cut their allocation last time.

I would think they will have their normal allocation. Probably fill it with it being the first competitive match of the season.
We shouldn't give them full allocation 3.500 when we only get around 900 at ibrox. Joke.

Gatecrasher
08-07-2015, 05:52 AM
We shouldn't give them full allocation 3.500 when we only get around 900 at ibrox. Joke.

There's no point turning down income when our own fans aren't giving the club the backing it needs.

Chuck Rhoades
08-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Indeed. Poor pricing IMO especially with it being the petrofac

Sounds like people wouldn't be happy if we charged a quid to get in. And O bet the moaners still wouldn't bother to show up.

Chuck Rhoades
08-07-2015, 06:15 AM

Spot on.

Hibby70
08-07-2015, 06:17 AM
£15 is fine for adults but I would have liked Hibs to have set kids at £5 or perhaps do a family ticket at say £30 for adult plus 2 kids (only a £2.50 saving per kid but it's a start).

We really need to do as much as possible to get the next generation in now.

Keith_M
08-07-2015, 06:28 AM
It probably would have been nice if the kids price was a little lower (e.g. half the adult price) but the prices are still quite a drop from those at the equivalent league game.

Compare an Adult taking a Kid to the next league game against DerHun with taking them to this match

League (Cat A) 1 Adult & 1 Kid = £45
Petrofac Cup ...1 Adult & 1 Kid = £25

Still playing Rangers but almost half the cost.

Brooster
08-07-2015, 07:09 AM
Dont get me wrong Im happy with the £15 for adults but £10 for kids is too expensive at a time when we could have 8 games in the first month or so. They should be encouraging families and kids....they are doing the opposite on my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2015, 07:30 AM
15 and 10, for category A game is fine. Unless I've missed it Montrose prices haven't been announced. Remember in cup ties both teams have to agree on admission fee.

Some want us to sign more players, but moan about pricing?

DH1875
08-07-2015, 07:30 AM

I'm complaining about the league games against them. Think the prices for this game are quite good.

HH81
08-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Look on the brightside, I have just found out I am at a wedding that day in a field. No internet access either so can't watch online :rolleyes:

AWFUL. :agree:

Brooster
08-07-2015, 07:43 AM
15 and 10, for category A game is fine. Unless I've missed it Montrose prices haven't been announced. Remember in cup ties both teams have to agree on admission fee.

Some want us to sign more players, but moan about pricing?

Fair point Brockie but how many kids do you take to games? For me or anyone else to take 2 kids to Sevco and Montrose at home and Dumbarton and Morton away will cost well over £200 before I have a pint. Add that to the £600+ Ive spent on season tickets and its just not sustainable.

S4uzee
08-07-2015, 07:48 AM
Sounds like people wouldn't be happy if we charged a quid to get in. And O bet the moaners still wouldn't bother to show up.

Haha so if people don't agree with the prices, means they don't go anyway. Good one 👍🏻

andrew70
08-07-2015, 07:58 AM
Fair point Brockie but how many kids do you take to games? For me or anyone else to take 2 kids to Sevco and Montrose at home and Dumbarton and Morton away will cost well over £200 before I have a pint. Add that to the £600+ Ive spent on season tickets and its just not sustainable.

I've no kids so apologise if this is unreasonable but having had two home draws already would the cup top-ups have worked out cheaper? I can't remember how much mine cost in all honesty and I know it's a chance to take but I use the payment plan so don't really miss the extra couple of quid or whatever it is a month. Although that could be because I don't have a family etc.

Basically what I am trying to say is Hibs are trying over and above to reward their most loyal fans by giving us what we want and stopping short of free entry I don't see what else they can do.

Season Tickets
Cup Top-Up
Discounted entry - These discounts have to be married in to relation with previous plans (i.e. cup top ups) so that they have the best value for all concerned.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2015, 08:02 AM

Ross, I go to every game, so hardly a regular moaner. Happy with the adult price, just think that kids should have been max £5. Maybe the difference in some families where they only take one kid instead of two, and we need to encourage every supporter we can, to get along. I know this wasn't only Hibs decision, but surely both sides should have taken a sensible decision of this.

Brooster
08-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Ross, I go to every game, so hardly a regular moaner. Happy with the adult price, just think that kids should have been max £5. Maybe the difference in some families where they only take one kid instead of two, and we need to encourage every supporter we can, to get along. I know this wasn't only Hibs decision, but surely both sides should have taken a sensible decision of this.

I agree Billy and thats not including the 20s games you go to. In fact you go more than the folk who are having a go at you. All we are asking is for a better deal for families. How much does a kid pay for a league game incidentally?

dangermouse
08-07-2015, 08:17 AM
I decided against the cup top up this year as my son has left school and at the time of renewing didn't know if he would be getting into college so there was a chance I'd have to upgrade his ticket from a student to a full adult.

Thankfully he got into college but now I'm wishing I'd got the cup top up :boo hoo:

Keith_M
08-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Dont get me wrong Im happy with the £15 for adults but £10 for kids is too expensive at a time when we could have 8 games in the first month or so. They should be encouraging families and kids....they are doing the opposite on my opinion.

Fair enough.

:aok:

Billy Whizz
08-07-2015, 08:21 AM
I agree Billy and thats not including the 20s games you go to. In fact you go more than the folk who are having a go at you. All we are asking is for a better deal for families. How much does a kid pay for a league game incidentally?

£12 is the walk up price for a kid in the East where I sit, think it was around £80 for a season ticket, which I think is good value at around £4 a game, even cheaper if you sit in the F5

silverhibee
08-07-2015, 09:15 AM
There's no point turning down income when our own fans aren't giving the club the backing it needs.

Thought ST were going well according to the club, and you have HSL money, and .net donating money for video equipment and other fans doing things for the club, I think the fans are are giving the club plenty backing, once again the Hibs fans are digging deep to help the club.

But you keep on slating the support.

silverhibee
08-07-2015, 09:16 AM

To be honest i would be delighted if they reduced it to a £1.

silverhibee
08-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Spot on.

No he's not.

Brooster
08-07-2015, 09:25 AM
£12 is the walk up price for a kid in the East where I sit, think it was around £80 for a season ticket, which I think is good value at around £4 a game, even cheaper if you sit in the F5

Not much of a discount for walk up kids for the challenge cup then. Kids walk up prices need to be looked at. They will soon find something else to do with £12 rather than watch Alloa or Dumbarton. I got my boys in to a Newcastle home game for a fiver each last season on the same weekend it was about £13 for them to get into Alloa or somewhere similar. Its bonkers.

Keith_M
08-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Not much of a discount for walk up kids for the challenge cup then. Kids walk up prices need to be looked at. They will soon find something else to do with £12 rather than watch Alloa or Dumbarton. I got my boys in to a Newcastle home game for a fiver each last season on the same weekend it was about £13 for them to get into Alloa or somewhere similar. Its bonkers.

Actually Brooster I think it's £17 for a Cat A Kids Ticket, which is what they charge for The Rangers.

I think that actually supports your point, though, rather than detracts from it as it's crazy money for a First Division game.

Gatecrasher
08-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Thought ST were going well according to the club, and you have HSL money, and .net donating money for video equipment and other fans doing things for the club, I think the fans are are giving the club plenty backing, once again the Hibs fans are digging deep to help the club.

We are just over 2 weeks from our first competitive match and we haven't sold 7000 ST yet that's disappointing IMO

Maybe I do moan a bit too much about it but I just want what's best for hibs and I think if the fans really backed Stubbs and the team we could easily get out of the situation we are in . I'm find it frustrating that in the lead up to our first game of the season (which should be a positive thing) is already being kicked in the side about the usual moans about ticket pricing etc

j'adore hibs
08-07-2015, 10:03 AM
i take my two kids so would have preferred a cheaper concession for them.....those saying we want to sign players, surely the attendance of 1000 kids at a fiver is better than 500 at £10....until ER is full every week they should be doing utmnost to encourage people to take their kids along

CallumLaidlaw
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
i take my two kids so would have preferred a cheaper concession for them.....those saying we want to sign players, surely the attendance of 1000 kids at a fiver is better than 500 at £10....until ER is full every week they should be doing utmnost to encourage people to take their kids along

I see this argument on here and other sites regularly, but I've yet to see any evidence that halving ticket prices doubles attendances. In fact, previous offers where ST holders were able to bring a friend for FREE didn't see the attendance increase by more than a couple of thousand. If the club get back to winning ways in the top division, attendances will increase.

As an aside, I do agree that for early round league cup and challenge cup games, especially in July, £5 would be a much more sensible price for concessions.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Don't have any kids my choice. The CTU was an option for all, yet those who didn't take it are now not happy. Not sure how much more Hibs can do, they seem to get stick from various quarters

green&left
08-07-2015, 02:25 PM
I see this argument on here and other sites regularly, but I've yet to see any evidence that halving ticket prices doubles attendances. In fact, previous offers where ST holders were able to bring a friend for FREE didn't see the attendance increase by more than a couple of thousand. If the club get back to winning ways in the top division, attendances will increase.

As an aside, I do agree that for early round league cup and challenge cup games, especially in July, £5 would be a much more sensible price for concessions.

They should be looking to bring in an U16 ticket price. Charging a 5 year old the same as a 17 year old, student, or OAP who could all be working or earning in other ways is a bit steep.

U16 - £5
16-18 year olds, students & OAPs - £10
Adults - £15

Diclonius
08-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Can I (as an ST holder) buy a ticket for someone and register them for the database at the same time?

j'adore hibs
08-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Don't have any kids my choice. The CTU was an option for all, yet those who didn't take it are now not happy. Not sure how much more Hibs can do, they seem to get stick from various quarters

and had i bought 3 CTU and never got a home game!!?? chances and choices eh but thats not whats its about really, im talking about getting more bums on seats , mine are already there, but i think that someone is more likely to take their kid if its a fiver than a tenner no?

Craig_HFC
08-07-2015, 02:32 PM
They should be looking to bring in an U16 ticket price. Charging a 5 year old the same as a 17 year old, student, or OAP who could all be working or earning in other ways is a bit steep.

U16 - £5
16-18 year olds, students & OAPs - £10
Adults - £15

This is the most sensible thing that anyone has ever said on hibs.net since the season finished.

Franck Stanton
08-07-2015, 03:22 PM

Silver, was in at the ticket office yesterday getting my s/t and assistant said there were around 7000 s/t's sold so far. Didn't get the cup top up, but, with this game being included along with the Montrose tie, thinking of giving them a call to upgrade and include cup top up.
On a side note does anyone know if the "pods" will be open to purchase tickets on the day ? [Have relations coming for a visit from abroad and may want to go to the game].

Chuck Rhoades
08-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Haha so if people don't agree with the prices, means they don't go anyway. Good one 👍🏻

For a lot of people, there will always be an excuse.

Brooster
08-07-2015, 03:31 PM

Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to follow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.

marinello59
08-07-2015, 03:35 PM

There is no way on earth that halving prices would double attendance. None. If the club drop the prices for kids to the levels some want here then they would have to increase the price for adults.

marinello59
08-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to gollow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.

If we got the same TV/Sponsorship money as the EPL we could reduce ticket prices as well. Unfortunately OUR club depends on ticket money much more than clubs down south.
Pricing is not the major factor when it comes to attendance, it's the performance on the park. That will always be the case. It we are getting results price drops way down the list when people are deciding whether to go to a match or not.

Hibby70
08-07-2015, 03:49 PM
There is no way on earth that halving prices would double attendance. None. If the club drop the prices for kids to the levels some want here then they would have to increase the price for adults.

Maybe not but we do have to try and encourage more kids to be regular attendees. So they become ST holders as adults and don't just choose to do other things with their money.

Not sure id be a ST holder now if it had been so expensive during my younger years.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to follow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.

Pathead and Hibs have done a lot of great work in getting schools/kids along on free tickets. Wonder what the next stage is on this. We have a stadium that is half empty on match days

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Most kidswill have their ticket paid for by their parents and really won't give a monkey's hire much it costs. Ialso don't think that the price now will influence their decision on an ST in later life.Not denying that a tenner does seem a bit highas does 28 quidfir a cat A gamehowever if we peg the prices lower we will only be able to afford lesser players.

marinello59
08-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Maybe not but we do have to try and encourage more kids to be regular attendees. So they become ST holders as adults and don't just choose to do other things with their money.

Not sure id be a ST holder now if it had been so expensive during my younger years.

Hibs have excellent season ticket deals for kids and one of the best kids supporters schemes in the country in Hibs Kids which I think gives them four games throughout the season for a tenner as well as other benefits. There seems to be some sort of assumption that they do nothing.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Hibs have excellent season ticket deals for kids and one of the best kids supporters schemes in the country in Hibs Kids which I think gives them four games throughout the season for a tenner as well as other benefits. There seems to be some sort of assumption that they do nothing.

Think you're missing the point. Kids kids for the Petrofac cup are 2/3 of the price of an adult ticket. Do you think that this is right?

marinello59
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Think you're missing the point. Kids kids for the Petrofac cup are 2/3 of the price of an adult ticket. Do you think that this is right?

I think the adults price for a competitive game against Sevco is more than reasonable and the kids price is decent too. Would it help you if they raised the adult price so that the kids price was a smaller percentage of that?

3pm
08-07-2015, 04:55 PM
All kids games on a ST, including cup.

Adults still pay.

cabbageandribs1875
08-07-2015, 05:11 PM
i wonder what percentage of the serial moaners that moan at the other moaners moaning about the prices actually have kids themselves, thank gawd mine is all grown up, i really do feel sorry nowadays for those that have 2 or 3 kids that want to go to the games as well

but anyway....first game of the season and another stupid o'clock KO...just ****** brilliant

:)

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2015, 05:22 PM
We are just over 2 weeks from our first competitive match and we haven't sold 7000 ST yet that's disappointing IMO

Maybe I do moan a bit too much about it but I just want what's best for hibs and I think if the fans really backed Stubbs and the team we could easily get out of the situation we are in . I'm find it frustrating that in the lead up to our first game of the season (which should be a positive thing) is already being kicked in the side about the usual moans about ticket pricing etc

Do you have any ideas just why thats the case, i certainly do? We are at 7k because of how we've been run in the past, and many folk have stopped buying season tickets and going to games.

Folk can moan all they like about fans who dont go anymore, do you think they are worried because someone is moaning about them on a fans message board?

Its not something thats just suddenly happened, its taken a while to get to this. And remember where we are playing our football AGAIN this season, it does not wet the appetite much for me.

And as many folk have said before, this cup is the least important of all the trophies we are in this coming season, and people only have a limited amount of cash, games like this might be way down in some folks list of priorities.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
i wonder what percentage of the serial moaners that moan at the other moaners moaning about the prices actually have kids themselves, thank gawd mine is all grown up, i really do feel sorry nowadays for those that have 2 or 3 kids that want to go to the games as well

but anyway....first game of the season and another stupid o'clock KO...just ****** brilliant

:)

Dintknow how old your kids are mate but at 32 and 29mine still expect Daddy to pay. 😭

Gatecrasher
08-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Do you have any ideas just why thats the case, i certainly do? We are at 7k because of how we've been run in the past, and many folk have stopped buying season tickets and going to games.

Folk can moan all they like about fans who dont go anymore, do you think they are worried because someone is moaning about them on a fans message board?

Its not something thats just suddenly happened, its taken a while to get to this. And remember where we are playing our football AGAIN this season, it does not wet the appetite much for me.

And as many folk have said before, this cup is the least important of all the trophies we are in this coming season, and people only have a limited amount of cash, games like this might be way down in some folks list of priorities.
of corse there are many reasons people choose whether to buy a ST or not and I respect those reasons but I can also moan all I like as long it's within the forum rules and whether folk listen to me or not is their choice but I feel better for saying what I said. At some point the dwindling numbers have to turn around or we'll end up with a really low budget and be in terms with Raith or Falkirk.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2015, 06:44 PM
of corse there are many reasons people choose whether to buy a ST or not and I respect those reasons but I can also moan all I like as long it's within the forum rules and whether folk listen to me or not is their choice but I feel better for saying what I said. At some point the dwindling numbers have to turn around or we'll end up with a really low budget and be in terms with Raith or Falkirk.

I think it will take a team that's back in the top division challenging at the right end, that plays decent football and entertains people again to do that.

Folk have just had enough.

Glad you enjoyed your moan. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
08-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Personally think the prices are reasonable, but wonder if concessions should be kids and over 65s, why not £5 for kids £10 for over 65s?

emerald green
08-07-2015, 07:08 PM

:agree: The only thing I would add here is that I think if Hibs are winning regularly this coming season (and by regularly I mean just about every week and not throwing some games away like last season) then attendances will increase from increased numbers of walk-ups, not from season ticket sales.

If Hibs gain the all important promotion, then I would expect sales of season tickets to increase well beyond 7,000 the following season. By how many, who knows?

That big word if again.

Stantons Angel
08-07-2015, 07:10 PM

I appreciate that the cost of attending games with the family is expensive especially in these times but i think the club has went to the trouble of getting these cup prices down as far as they can in agreement with the opposing teams.

The cup top up early bird price was £50 taken over the monthly payment scheme it added around £5 to the cost of the monthly direct debit. We have 2 cup games at home next month meaning if we had to pay the league prices of £28 we would have seen the top up paying for itself already. Buying it now at £70 only needs another home game in the cup and it again pays for itself.

As far as i can remember the cup games entry money is split between both sides and the club has shown it has negotiated a reduction in cost with both Rangers and Montrose by reducing the cost of entry to both games.

Whilst sympathising with family costs its the begining of a new season and its great that Hibs have been drawn at home in both cups giving us home advantage to get into the next rounds, If we had been drawn away in each cup there would have been a complaint on here about the costs of travelling to attend those games too.
either way its going to cost us money to support our team home or away!

Im not sure what the prices are for kids attending the cinema or swimming pools during the summer but im sure its not much more for the pleasure of sitting in the sun watching a game of football being played by HIBS?

Diclonius
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Can I (as an ST holder) buy a ticket for someone and register them for the database at the same time?

Anyone?