PDA

View Full Version : Brian Rice

EdinIct27
07-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Caley fan here. Looks like Brian Rice is replacing Latapy as assistant man. Is he a good coach?

Greenworld
07-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Had a massive gambling problem a few years back lost all his money. Surprised at this move but I understand he was a good coach

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
07-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Him and Yogi were a long term partnership up to and including Hibs, so Yogi obviously trusts/ rates him.

Where is Latapy off to?

Future17
07-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Sounds like Yogi throwing him a lifeline. Must have managed to clear his debt and been allowed to leave Qatar or wherever he had racked it up.

O'Rourke3
07-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Rumours of RL taking a mangers job. My feeling was always that Russell was the difference at ICT. We'lll soon know if its true.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Caley fan here. Looks like Brian Rice is replacing Latapy as assistant man. Is he a good coach?

There's a thread on here from a couple of years ago about the amount of trouble he was in due to his gambling debts. He ended up locked up in Qatar for a significant amount of time. Hopefully he's got all that behind him. Sure he will be a decent addition if so. However, the Little Magician could be a big loss I reckon

Future17
07-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Rumours of RL taking a mangers job. My feeling was always that Russell was the difference at ICT. We'lll soon know if its true.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

He's previously said he's had offers but turned them down, but wants to be a manager. As much as I enjoyed his time at Hibs, I can't help but think he'd be a complete disaster as a boss in this country.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Got us to 4th in the league in his only full season here. Last time we were that high.
Can't be too bad.

erin go bragh
07-07-2015, 02:55 PM
No sure how good a coach BR is . But he had some left peg on him as a player .

GGTTH

3pm
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
He's previously said he's had offers but turned them down, but wants to be a manager. As much as I enjoyed his time at Hibs, I can't help but think he'd be a complete disaster as a boss in this country.

But the team night outs would be superb.

silverhibee
07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
But the team night outs would be superb.

Ya man.

Nutmegged
07-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Brian Rice was the brains behind the footballing philosophy Falkirk adopted in the middle of the last Decade, Hughes knew what he wanted and Rice knew how to deliver it in training, they were.a.very good partnership for the level they operated in, don't k ow how long he has been out of football, shocked at Latapy leaving, thought everything was settled there, has he got another gig?

banarc7062
07-07-2015, 06:17 PM
When the Winchburgh Supporters was up and running our driver for all games was Brian's Dad, Benny. Poor chap was a Celtic fanatic but enjoyed driving us about and occasionally seeing his son play. GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Incidentally, my dad was speaking to Yogi last week and Yogi was joking saying that he should quit now as it can only be downhill after last season. Although he was just having a laugh, it's a valid point. Apart from getting second place, he can't really improve on what he's just achieved. Hopefully he doesn't become a victim of his own success as it's nice to see him doing well

Tom Hart RIP
09-07-2015, 07:14 AM
BR was a very talented player who spent several years at Forest under Cloughie in the top division.
I watched him at Stamgord Bridge when Jukebox and Crunchie were playing for Chelsea.