PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN RETURN TO LA MANGA

RSS Bot
06-07-2015, 07:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5531)

Oscar T Grouch
06-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Well the club have totally missed an opertuntiy here. Just telling us that AS thinks this will be good for the team?!? WTF? Shirley we should have been given full details of the budget for this week, who's paying for it, how much it'll be costing each fan and a full essay on the justification to spend this exorbitant amount on what is essentially ormiston in the sun. How dare they assume that they know better then us fans on how to run a club and spend OUR money!?! Totally p'd off at the club now, nothing has changed, it's like Petries still in charge!!?!?!! 😈😈

Pedantic_Hibee
06-07-2015, 08:39 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5531)

Reported.

lyonhibs
06-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Well the club have totally missed an opertuntiy here. Just telling us that AS thinks this will be good for the team?!? WTF? Shirley we should have been given full details of the budget for this week, who's paying for it, how much it'll be costing each fan and a full essay on the justification to spend this exorbitant amount on what is essentially ormiston in the sun. How dare they assume that they know better then us fans on how to run a club and spend OUR money!?! Totally p'd off at the club now, nothing has changed, it's like Petries still in charge!!?!?!! 

I do hope there's a couple of smileys missing or not displaying on my PC here..............

high bee
06-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Have RSS Bot and Rod Petrie ever been seen in the same room together? Just saying like...

The_Horde
06-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Done us a fat lot of good last time Alan eh. Stubbs out

HH81
06-07-2015, 09:53 AM
A week in Yorkshire would have been better.

brog
06-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Well the club have totally missed an opertuntiy here. Just telling us that AS thinks this will be good for the team?!? WTF? Shirley we should have been given full details of the budget for this week, who's paying for it, how much it'll be costing each fan and a full essay on the justification to spend this exorbitant amount on what is essentially ormiston in the sun. How dare they assume that they know better then us fans on how to run a club and spend OUR money!?! Totally p'd off at the club now, nothing has changed, it's like Petries still in charge!!?!?!! 

:hibees

SaulGoodman
06-07-2015, 10:45 AM
I do hope there's a couple of smileys missing or not displaying on my PC here..............

There is :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
06-07-2015, 12:49 PM

Yeah, sorry used my iphone for this post, there are a couple of wee devil smilies at the end :wink:

Keith_M
06-07-2015, 01:12 PM
THIS (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/triple-sessions-for-hibs-despite-100-degree-heat-1-3822147) article helps explain Stubbs' motivation for going to La Manga and the difference between training there and at East Mains.

I expect most of us are happy enough with the decision to go but, just in case anybody isn't, have a read and see if it changes your opinion :wink:

Pete
06-07-2015, 01:18 PM
THIS (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/triple-sessions-for-hibs-despite-100-degree-heat-1-3822147) article helps explain Stubbs' motivation for going to La Manga and the difference between training there and at East Mains.

I expect most of us are happy enough with the decision to go but, just in case anybody isn't, have a read and see if it changes your opinion :wink:

Don't worry, they'll find something else to be upset about in due course. :rolleyes:

jdships
06-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Don't worry, they'll find something else to be upset about in due course. :rolleyes:

:top marks
Like the fact the sun will rise tomorrow , you can be certain of that :rolleyes:

DJ HIBBY
06-07-2015, 02:47 PM
For the moaner on the other thread about taking the squad to La Manga - I work for a golf tour operator and whilst La Manga is still considered a 5 star resort and excellent for sports, the rates to stay there have dropped dramatically over the last few years so I'm sure Hibs got a great value for money package

Jack
07-07-2015, 06:48 AM

Absolute disgrace that Stubbs is taking time away from the players and training to have a casual chat with the EEN. I'm sure he could be spending his time better.

Does anyone know how much it costs to buy the EEN these days and if you buy 6 do you get a discount?

Beefster
07-07-2015, 07:03 AM
It's this sort of profligate spending that means that there's no money left to put any filling in my 'steak' pie.

greenlex
07-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Why don't Barca go to La Manga for pre season ? Why do they head to cooler northern climes? Madness with that virtually on their doorstep.

bigwheel
07-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Why don't Barca go to La Manga for pre season ? Why do they head to cooler northern climes? Madness with that virtually on their doorstep.

if it was only for training, they probably would...but they travel to spread their Brand also...

brog
07-07-2015, 10:43 AM

I found it interesting that many of the usual derogatory Yam troll comments on the article were exactly the same as some of the comments on Hibs net. Coincidental I'm sure! :wink:

IanM
07-07-2015, 01:16 PM
@HibsNews1875: Hibs v Wigan
Saturday 5pm
La Manga
Pitch A
Friendly

bingo70
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
The @HibsOfficial coach Alan Stubbs is a typical example of an uneducated coach overtraining & injuring his players. http://t.co/lrg11C28rt

Tweet by Raymond verheijen, had never heard of him but his Twitter profile might suggest he knows a thing or two?

andrew70
07-07-2015, 03:41 PM
The @HibsOfficial coach Alan Stubbs is a typical example of an uneducated coach overtraining & injuring his players. http://t.co/lrg11C28rt

Tweet by Raymond verheijen, had never heard of him but his Twitter profile might suggest he knows a thing or two?

He does but he's just taken Alan Stubbs' words and ignored the fact that the fitness side will be the work of our sports scientist and the football side will be Stubbs.

Verheijen is extremely well regarded in coaching terms and in particular modern day philosophies but like most Dutchmen, in my experience anyway, it's his way or no way.

The three sessions will likely be split to include the right amount of fitness, technical and tactical work each day.

Beefster
07-07-2015, 03:42 PM

Verheijen is a rentagob who seems to make a living out of criticising other coaches/managers.

GreenCastle
07-07-2015, 03:46 PM

Raymond is known for his sometimes outspoken and controverial approach to fitness / rest / recovery / periodisation.

I think what he is trying to get at is that the players have been off for a few weeks and are straight into x3 sessions a day and are possibly going to be fatigued therefore Hibs not getting the required output in sessions and possibility of fatigue injuries.

Now we don't know what intensity these sessions are at (and the content) but Verheijen often picks out examples of clubs approaching training the wrong way especially after European midweek games - he called the Arsenal staff amateur last season for example as they had many injuries.

Having heard him speak in person he definitely approaches the game with a different view point and does have a few good ideas.

Hibs may be over training - we don't know. What I would expect is those employed to look after that side of the team are educated enough to make sure our players are at minimal risk of over use injuries.

Haymaker
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Verheijen is a rentagob who seems to make a living out of criticising other coaches/managers.

Read a few of his works and would love to see him in a lecture. I have adapted my coaching philosophy to follow his style (to a degree) and it works wonders for me and the teams I coach. I do think he criticises people a lot for attention to his work though but sadly in this day and age that is only how a lot of people would even find alternatives.

Ozyhibby
07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
I suspect the amount of training they were doing was over egged in the article to answer people on here critical of La Manga trip.

patch1875
07-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Boiling in mainland Spain just now. Hard enough sitting in it never mind training/playing footie in it.

I take it has indoor facilities as well.

majorhibs
07-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Boiling in mainland Spain just now. Hard enough sitting in it never mind training/playing footie in it.

I take it has indoor facilities as well.

So you have to apply a bit thought, manage yourself & the situation, be a bit more aware while you hone your fitness & skill alongside your teammates, preparing for the new season. Sounds like a stinker to me. Sorry aimed at all the naysayers saying Sain is Too MUCH. It's no, really.

Ronniekirk
08-07-2015, 03:20 AM
I suspect the amount of training they were doing was over egged in the article to answer people on here critical of La Manga trip.

If Stubbs says they are doing Triple Sessions ,first one starting at 7 30 am ,then I would take it that's what they are doing ,don't see why he would lie about it or over egg it just to placate a few posters on here .
Whether he and the backroom Staff have got the programme of fitness right will ultimately be Bourne out as Season progresses,but assume he wants to get off to a good start and in that regard a wee edge in fitness early doors over some of the part time teams we struggled to beat at the start of last season could pay dividends .Although working on how to tactically break down a packed defence without the pace of Boyle who is injured will be high on his agenda ,as will defending crosses into the box .Get those issues sorted and a week away will be money well spent

J-C
08-07-2015, 08:07 AM
They will not be doing 3 overly hard sessions a day I can guarantee that, there will be a hard physical session designed to build up strength, stamina and fitness, the other will be ball skills and tactics with the 3rd probably being a lighter session designed for speed and fast twitch muscles.

CallumLaidlaw
09-07-2015, 08:16 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-defends-hibs-decision-to-train-in-spain-1-3825419

Oscar T Grouch
09-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Pretty sad our head coach had had to make a statement like this, defending his actions in training the team for the new season. Its maybe the clubs continued attempts at good communication with the fans, but they should remember the MBs aren't the be all and end all of fans opinions. I would question AS if he was employing a Wiccan to cleanse the players souls for the coming season, but a week away at one of the best training complexes in Europe really shouldn't be questioned. IMO of course 😉

Keith_M
09-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Pretty sad our head coach had had to make a statement like this, defending his actions in training the team for the new season. Its maybe the clubs continued attempts at good communication with the fans, but they should remember the MBs aren't the be all and end all of fans opinions. I would question AS if he was employing a Wiccan to cleanse the players souls for the coming season, but a week away at one of the best training complexes in Europe really shouldn't be questioned. IMO of course 

Strangely enough, I predicted this very situation in the other La Manga thread.

One guy gets a Bee in his Bonnet about it and it's suddenly 'Open revolt on Hibs Message Boards'.

No, Mr Hardie, it was only one guy. It might, in fact, have even been Mr Hardie himself, trying to drum up a 'Story'.

bingo70
09-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Strangely enough, I predicted this very situation in the other La Manga thread.

One guy gets a Bee in his Bonnet about it and it's suddenly 'Open revolt on Hibs Message Boards'.

No, Mr Hardie, it was only one guy. It might, in fact, have even been Mr Hardie himself, trying to drum up a 'Story'.

It wasn't one person, a few agreed with that person as well, that may have been on the PM board.

Fwiw I questioned it as they were across there not long ago and we're not a club with unlimited resources, when such a big deal is being made about the need for season tickets and shares to be bought I was surprised we could justify this outlay that won't be cheap.

All that said I think Stubbs explanation makes sense so it's no big deal, hopefully it's as worthwhile as Stubbs hopes it will be.

J-C
09-07-2015, 10:19 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-defends-hibs-decision-to-train-in-spain-1-3825419

I also noticed to glaring grammatical errors in that story, from a so called experienced journo as well. :wink:

Ozyhibby
09-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Personally I think it fits perfectly into George Craig stated philosophy of recognising our budget is not the highest and so going the extra mile to make sure we get maximum benefit from every player we bring in.

Gatecrasher
09-07-2015, 11:26 AM

typical EEN guff

Nazz
09-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Article by 'David Hardie IN La Manga'

I'm sure a phone or online interview could have been arranged...

majorhibs
09-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Article by 'David Hardie IN La Manga'

I'm sure a phone or online interview could have been arranged...

For somebody who gave Brian Hamilton the plonk virtually every week for MOM for years, this guy has done REMARKABLY well out of this gig for loads of years, for imo not a very good job. Mind you, could be worse, we could've landed up wi a green version of banderson! Scary thought!