PDA

View Full Version : Rangers game in Magaluf

R'Albin
05-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Anyone else in Magaluf for the game? I imagine I'll have no trouble finding a bar showing it but it'd be good to meet a few Hibbies somewhere.

Bad Martini
06-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Anyone else in Magaluf for the game? I imagine I'll have no trouble finding a bar showing it but it'd be good to meet a few Hibbies somewhere.

Avoid Billy's Bar for obvious reasons and the general area around yon. You'll spot it easily; they'll be flying flags, singing sectarian songs and wearing a mixture of rangers/england and holland tops (if any at all) whilst waxing lyrical about politics, religion and most everything and anything NOT to do with the fitba.

...that said, you may want to wander past there around 3pm with a great big ghettoblaster and a crew of locals who you can encourage to join your singsong of all things Proclaimers and Hibbyish, by telling said locals the rangers fans are there to overthrow the FC Mallorca massefff and think they are better at fitba than the Spaniards.
...or any other lies/pish you think could generate you a big possee to watch the game :greengrin

Alternatively, there's a wee place called the Star Bar near the beach that shows the fitba, beer is cheap and not likely to be full of hunnish ones. Near Torrenova and a big hotel on the beach that looks more like an office block and (I think) has a full on glass facade with no front balconies. :aok:

hfc-1875
06-07-2015, 12:16 PM
I watched a hibs game in a pub on the strip when I was there a few years ago, the owner was a hibs fan. Can't remember the name exactly, maybe the highlander?

southsider
06-07-2015, 12:52 PM
I watched a hibs game in a pub on the strip when I was there a few years ago, the owner was a hibs fan. Can't remember the name exactly, maybe the highlander?
Is the Huns game v Hibs on 22/8 on TV ? If so my partner and I will be in Benidorm so likewise looking for Hibs fans to watch the game with over a beer or 6 !

yerauldda
06-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Bronze Bar is usually a good mix, watched a derby there a couple years back and there was a few hibs fans there, even put SOL on for us.

Jones28
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Me and 8 others are over for a stag do! 🍻 find a bar and paint it green?

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Avoid Billy's Bar for obvious reasons and the general area around yon. You'll spot it easily; they'll be flying flags, singing sectarian songs and wearing a mixture of rangers/england and holland tops (if any at all) whilst waxing lyrical about politics, religion and most everything and anything NOT to do with the fitba.

...that said, you may want to wander past there around 3pm with a great big ghettoblaster and a crew of locals who you can encourage to join your singsong of all things Proclaimers and Hibbyish, by telling said locals the rangers fans are there to overthrow the FC Mallorca massefff and think they are better at fitba than the Spaniards.
...or any other lies/pish you think could generate you a big possee to watch the game :greengrin

Alternatively, there's a wee place called the Star Bar near the beach that shows the fitba, beer is cheap and not likely to be full of hunnish ones. Near Torrenova and a big hotel on the beach that looks more like an office block and (I think) has a full on glass facade with no front balconies. :aok:

I think the new Linfield away strip will be the top of choice for the hard of thinking bigoted peepul next season.

http://superstore.linfieldfc.com/online/product-info.php?pid379.html

R'Albin
06-07-2015, 10:13 PM

:greengrin

Aside from all the locals that I'm now planning on duping into watching, I'm hoping there'll be enough Hun-loathing Scottish 'tourists' I can persuade along.

Bronze Bar is usually a good mix, watched a derby there a couple years back and there was a few hibs fans there, even put SOL on for us.

Went there one night last year and really enjoyed it, I'd be more than happy to head along there again.

Me and 8 others are over for a stag do!  find a bar and paint it green?

Exactly what I'm planning:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers for all the suggestions all :aok:

Jones28
07-07-2015, 05:03 PM
:greengrin

Aside from all the locals that I'm now planning on duping into watching, I'm hoping there'll be enough Hun-loathing Scottish 'tourists' I can persuade along.

Went there one night last year and really enjoyed it, I'd be more than happy to head along there again.

Exactly what I'm planning:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers for all the suggestions all :aok:

Unfortunately unfortunately I may only make the second half as we do to arrive until 11:30!

Jay
07-07-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm just back from palmanova and on a visit to magaluf I found it was full of Irish guys wearing Celtic strips and Celtic flip flops. I only saw one other Scottish football strip and that was a mcewan Fraser hibs one. :)

they are having a major heatwave out there at the moment, 39 degrees by the pool yesterday. Wasn't pleasant.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Who goes to Majorca during the Glasgae Fair, my wee Auntie Sara

Bronson
07-07-2015, 07:35 PM

There's a few Rangers pubs near the strip in maga, not ideal, but an option should worst come to worst.

Barney McGrew
07-07-2015, 07:38 PM

Great wee boozer, run by Dunfermline fans :agree:

Carheenlea
07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I think the new Linfield away strip will be the top of choice for the hard of thinking bigoted peepul next season.

http://superstore.linfieldfc.com/online/product-info.php?pid379.html

That must be the dullest, least imaginative strip I`ve ever seen. I`m sure those buying this to wear with slazenger tracksuit trousers will disagree.

HibbyAndy
07-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Pub called Wullies.

Scottish pub but run by English folk who are Spanish :hilarious

anon1875
08-07-2015, 01:51 AM
Just back from Magaluf a few weeks ago. Get yourself down to santa ponsa for the game, you will find plenty of tims supporting the mighty cabbage on that day.