PDA

View Full Version : La Manga

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Is it really necessary? Is there any benefit taking the squad over there when we have a state of the art training facility.

Supporters are being urged to buy seasons tickets and donate to HSL to enable us to strengthen the squad so why waste money on La Manga. It didn't help us before the play offs.

SteveHFC
05-07-2015, 08:09 PM
This. Waste of money going to Spain where could be staying at home playing a couple of extra games.

3pm
05-07-2015, 08:11 PM
If we win the league, nobody will care.

fishybeaver
05-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Stubbs knows best

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:16 PM
If we win the league, nobody will care.

And if we don't ? We spent all that money last season on the La Manga trip and couldn't even beat a crap Sevco.

Lucius Apuleius
05-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Gets them all together for a few days to ram home expectations. No problem in my opinion.

3pm
05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
And if we don't ? We spent all that money last season on the La Manga trip and couldn't even beat a crap Sevco.

Then you question the merit of it.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Stubbs knows best

Does he ?

Chuck Rhoades
05-07-2015, 08:20 PM

I recall beating them multiple times last season.

adhibs
05-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Because the weather over there will be alot better for training in than what weve had today/the week to follow.

Because it'll help the players bond

major european clubs with far better facilities than us still see the benefit of going abroad for a training camp, just need to look at barca coming here two years in a row

Its hardly going to cost a fortune in football money, seems to be a big overaaction as there was before the play offs

Chuck Rhoades
05-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Does he ?

Who do you suggest makes the decision? Tam McCourt? Petrie?

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:25 PM

All before the La Manga trip.

Big_Franck
05-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Is it really necessary? Is there any benefit taking the squad over there when we have a state of the art training facility.

Supporters are being urged to buy seasons tickets and donate to HSL to enable us to strengthen the squad so why waste money on La Manga. It didn't help us before the play offs.

Good question. Anyone have any idea roughly how much this trip would cost us? If it's not going to cost us a huge amount and Stubbs thinks it's going to be of benefit to our preparations for the season then I'm not going to argue. I think maybe we are starting to look for something to talk/moan about since there's been no signings or rumours for a while.

superfurryhibby
05-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Unfortunately, not when it really mattered.

Given that we are lower league and cash is vital, can't see the point, How many people travelling and at what cost? Surely Money better spent on players wages?

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Its hardly going to cost a fortune in football money, seems to be a big overaaction as there was before the play offs
Who knows how much it costs but for arguments sake let's say £20000 then thats at least 50 season tickets. I would rather see my £400 invested in the playing squad than squandered on yet another trip abroad.

frazeHFC
05-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Might also be a wee morale builder as well as the training side of it. Stubbs is a clever coach, he'll be doing what is right.

heretoday
05-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Last time I went to Gullane I noticed they still have sand dunes. They could always pretend it's La Manga.

hibs0666
Who knows how much it costs but for arguments sake let's say £20000 then thats at least 50 season tickets. I would rather see my £400 invested in the playing squad than squandered on yet another trip abroad.

How do you know that your money hasn't been invested in the squad?

Jonnyboy

You/we already have assurances from the club that all season ticket/shares/HSL income goes to the manager for his player budget. The money for this trip will come from other parts of the overall budget.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Might also be a wee morale builder as well as the training side of it. Stubbs is a clever coach, he'll be doing what is right.

Why do we need to go to Spain for a morale booster? Surely we can do morale boosting and team building excersises in Scotland.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:50 PM
You/we already have assurances from the club that all season ticket/shares/HSL income goes to the manager for his player budget. The money for this trip will come from other parts of the overall budget.

And that's the point of my thread. Any spare cash should be invested in the squad and not spent on a trip abroad which might or might not benefit the team.

Golden Bear
05-07-2015, 08:51 PM
I heard that Mr Petrie kindly funded the trip from his personal finances.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 08:52 PM
How do you know that your money hasn't been invested in the squad?

My point is that all monies should be invested in the team and not spent taking them to Spain.

green day
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Hindsight is magic. Suggest we save this brilliant thread til next may, then some people can say "telt ye so" and be dead happy.

.......or we can just take the view Stubbs is in charge instead of questioning every frigging decision Hibs make.

Jonnyboy
05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
And that's the point of my thread. Any spare cash should be invested in the squad and not spent on a trip abroad which might or might not benefit the team.

My point is that all monies should be invested in the team and not spent taking them to Spain.

That's not really how a business is run though. I fully take your point but feel you are missing mine!

superfurryhibby
05-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Hindsight is magic. Suggest we save this brilliant thread til next may, then some people can say "telt ye so" and be dead happy.

.......or we can just take the view Stubbs is in charge instead of questioning every frigging decision Hibs make.

There is no hindsight required. The OP has made a point, why can't it the value of a training camp ( in, no doubt , sweltering heat) be questioned. Is this not the point of a forum!

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:01 PM
It is an investment in the squad as such.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:01 PM

I think I'm quite entitled to ask why we are spending money on this trip. The board have had the begging bowl out trying to encourage fans to buy season tickets and invest in HSL yet spend thousands of pound on two trips abroad.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM

And add in the money we are squandering on women's football and it all adds upup.

Pete
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
It is an investment in the squad as such.

Indeed. Why do multi national companies spend thousands on bonding trips for their staff when they could do something that's maybe similar (to the untrained eye) in their own office?

I trust Stubbs and this is a bit picky. Will people next be questioning the club for hiring a coach for away games when they could go by megabus?

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I think I'm quite entitled to ask why we are spending money on this trip. The board have had the begging bowl out trying to encourage fans to buy season tickets and invest in HSL yet spend thousands of pound on two trips abroad.

Of course you are entitled to ask....if the answer is the manager thinks it will serve as the best possible preparation for the season ahead, would you accept that?

superfurryhibby
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Indeed. Why do multi national companies spend thousands on bonding trips for their staff when they could do something that's maybe similar (to the untrained eye) in their own office?

I trust Stubbs and this is a bit picky. Will people next be questioning the club for hiring a coach for away games when they could go by megabus?

Not sure multi-national companies and a lower tier Scottish football team makes for a good comparison Peter.

I wonder what they do at La Manga in the middle of summer. Is it not rather warm to be playing outside?

KirkyK
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
And add in the money we are squandering on women's football and it all adds upup.

What money would that be exactly?

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:12 PM
I get where you are coming from though,I often used to wonder why Rangers had to spend the night before a game in Edinburgh staying at the Caley.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:15 PM

How many companies take their workforce on a weeks all expenses trip abroad?

brog
05-07-2015, 09:16 PM
The first thing Tom Hart did when he took over Hibs was to kit everyone out in smart suits, bring in a chef for lunch & generally ensure Hibs players felt they were part of a major club. I see our trip to La Manga in the same mode & if small things like this help us attract & retain players like Allan & Fyvie then IMO it's money well spent.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Of course you are entitled to ask....if the answer is the manager thinks it will serve as the best possible preparation for the season ahead, would you accept that?

Probably not as I don't see the benefits of spending all that money going abroad to a training camp when we have superb trading facilities at East Mains.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM

Mine :-)

Unseen work
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
All before the La Manga trip.

Except the 1-0 win in the second leg of the play off.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Probably not as I don't see the benefits of spending all that money going abroad to a training camp when we have superb trading facilities at East Mains.

Yes but we are giong to train not trade.;-)

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:22 PM
The first thing Tom Hart did when he took over Hibs was to kit everyone out in smart suits, bring in a chef for lunch & generally ensure Hibs players felt they were part of a major club. I see our trip to La Manga in the same mode & if small things like this help us attract & retain players like Allan & Fyvie then IMO it's money well spent.

If we can't attract players with our training facilities and our stadium I hardly think a weeks trip to Spain would be a clincher.

brog
05-07-2015, 09:22 PM

I would suggest thousands do exactly that for some of their workforce. I, with up to 100 others was fortunate enough to do this twice a year for over 20 years.

Matty_Jack04
05-07-2015, 09:24 PM

We're forecast for a week of rain, let's take yesterday and today as an example of what's to come...how much training would they do at East mains? When they go out to train on the wet parks how much more likely are slips accidental bad tackles? Also training in hotter temperatures is harder work with it being pre season and the main focus being fitness isn't hard work the main idea? Also getting them away as a unit will help the 2 new boys settle in and also whoever the trialists are as there with each other for the whole time.

Can hibs do anything without someone finding something to moan about?

green day
05-07-2015, 09:24 PM

.....and that's why you do your job and those in charge of our team do theirs.

I.e.they (the people we trust to do the job) think it's the right thing.

You are entitled to your opinion, but what is it you want? A veto on club decisions?

J-C
05-07-2015, 09:26 PM

To get away from the media, have a look at other players on trial without the glare of the press and to allow the new/any future new players to bond with their new team mates.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Last I heard Hibs Ladies (from an employee dealing with the Foundation) were not funded at all by Hibs and they paid their own way and this was unlikely to happen as priority was funding of the first team.

Three words re the La Manga trip :

Psychological contract.

bigwheel
dear oh dear...now people are analysing how the management team choose to spend their pre season...why don't we simply judge them on results...if we go up, no one will care where we went...if Stubbs and co feel it's the right thing to do, then I'm a supporter....

Kojock
.....and that's why you do your job and those in charge of our team do theirs.

I.e.they (the people we trust to do the job) think it's the right thing.

You are entitled to your opinion, but what is it you want? A veto on club decisions?
They thought it was the right thing to do prior to the play offs and we know how that turned out.

Ronniekirk
05-07-2015, 09:31 PM

Think you have missed out a double C from up up

J-C
05-07-2015, 09:32 PM
They thought it was the right thing prior to the play offs and we know how that turned out.

Did they go away to La Manga prior to getting beat by Rangers at ER, I don't see your point.

green day
05-07-2015, 09:33 PM
They thought it was the right thing to do prior to the play offs and we know how that turned out.

Yes we do - and unless this is deliberate trolling you are conflating squad trips to the sun and strengthen morale with what happened in the playoffs?

So, in your mind la manga caused the loss to rangers?

Genius!

Jonnyboy
05-07-2015, 09:35 PM

I'm happy that this trip will have no detrimental effect on the player budget. Surely that's the crux of the matter?

Chibs
05-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Last I heard Hibs Ladies (from an employee dealing with the Foundation) were not funded at all by Hibs and they paid their own way and this was unlikely to happen as priority was funding of the first team.

Three words re the La Manga trip :

Psychological contract.
Think that's only two and what is a psychological contract?:confused:

Jack
05-07-2015, 09:39 PM

If you think you're entitled to ask why don't you email the club and get the definitive answer?

Let us know what the reply says :-)

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Yes we do - and unless this is deliberate trolling you are conflating squad trips to the sun and strengthen morale with what happened in the playoffs?

So, in your mind la manga caused the loss to rangers?

Genius!

Where did I say La Manga was the reason we lost the play offs??? We went to La Manga in the hope it would give us an edge over Sevco, that unfortunately didn't happen. How do we know it will be beneficial this time round.

3pm
05-07-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm happy that this trip will have no detrimental effect on the player budget. Surely that's the crux of the matter?

The player budget or you being happy?! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Where did I say La Manga was the reason we lost the play offs??? We went to La Manga in the hope it would give us an edge over Sevco, that unfortunately didn't happen. How do we know it will be beneficial this time round.

Obviously the management saw the benefits of it or they wouldn't waste money on returning.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:44 PM

The crux of the matter is the money spent on La Manga should also be spent on the player budget.

J-C
05-07-2015, 09:44 PM

In the quote above

Jonnyboy
05-07-2015, 09:45 PM
The player budget or you being happy?! :greengrin

:greengrin

It seems the OP was worried that share/HSL/season ticket money was being used for this trip.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:45 PM
The crux of the matter is the money spent on La Manga should also be spent on the player budget.

Do you not get that "the player budget" is exactly that for spending on players not just buying them.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Obviously the management saw the benefits of it or they wouldn't waste money on returning.

Must be like the Emperors New Clothes

Boris
05-07-2015, 09:49 PM
The "Press" are there. Or at least the Evening News is. David Hardie travelled for the duration of the trip. Queen of South at La Manga this week too. Wouldn't surprise me if Hibs fit in a bounce game against them in addition to the already scheduled game against Wigan Athletic on Saturday evening.

Kojock
05-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Do you not get that "the player budget" is exactly that for spending on players not just buying them.

I'm perfectly aware what the "players budget" is, I just think a trip to La Manga is money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm perfectly aware what the "players budget" is, I just think a trip to La Manga is money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Where?

3pm
05-07-2015, 09:52 PM

How much is it anyway?!

Matty_Jack04
05-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Where?

We could bring back malpass

PatHead
05-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I doubt the cost of going to La Manga would be more than a trip away to England or Ireland for a pre season friendly. Stubbs obviously feels the money is better spent going to Spain than playing friendlies in UK especially as we are seemingly playing a friendly against Wigan whilst we are away.

Would anyone be complaining if we were away to the North West of England/Ireland/Highlands for a few days?

Wonder if QoS supporters are moaning about the cost

O'Rourke3
05-07-2015, 10:25 PM

On what? Catering, Ticket Office, Security, Video, Contracts, Printing, Hospitality, Waste collection, Stewarding, Behind the goals. At some point all the money can't simply go into the squad and then depend on volunteers and amateurs running the actual business. Potentially the trip might be costing us one players salary of around £300ppw. That's before signing on/development or transfer fees and no inclusion of bonus or appearance.
Alternatively we could increase one player's salary - seems fair until that player gets injured or turns out to be a wage thief. Hang on we've re-signed everyone that we thought was worth signing......

Can we just let the professionals get on with running the club? There's another thread moaning about 8 signings by the start of July not being good enough when the last 4 or 5 seasons have had us bringing in players on the last day of the window,

matty_f
05-07-2015, 10:31 PM
So, missing out on twenty grand by refusing The Rangers more tickets for the play-offs to keep the fans happy is fine, spending a similar amount on the recommendation of Stubbs for the benefit of the team is bad?

Vault Boy
05-07-2015, 10:39 PM
There is absolutely no chance the board would allocate funding to a trip that would be of no benefit to the team, nor would the staff spend money on such a thing if it meant losing out on a player/depleating squad resources. There isn't even a hint of logic in negating this - if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't do it.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-07-2015, 10:49 PM
This thread is symptomatic of the internet....moaning over absolutely nothing. Wow. Just, wow.

SlickShoes
05-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Usually we go away and play some friendlies, no one cares about that, now we go away for a week to train and have friendlies at home. Don't see what the fuss is about.

tamig
05-07-2015, 11:12 PM
This thread is symptomatic of the internet....moaning over absolutely nothing. Wow. Just, wow.

Indeed. And none of them even know if it's the club who are actually paying for this trip. Crazy stuff.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2015, 11:26 PM

If we hadn't gone we might have lost the tie by more than 1 goal.

The_Sauz
06-07-2015, 12:26 AM
Yes you are , but why ask on here? Would it not be better if you phoned or emailed LD :confused:

Mibbes Aye
06-07-2015, 12:48 AM
On what? Catering, Ticket Office, Security, Video, Contracts, Printing, Hospitality, Waste collection, Stewarding, Behind the goals. At some point all the money can't simply go into the squad and then depend on volunteers and amateurs running the actual business. Potentially the trip might be costing us one players salary of around £300ppw. That's before signing on/development or transfer fees and no inclusion of bonus or appearance.
Alternatively we could increase one player's salary - seems fair until that player gets injured or turns out to be a wage thief. Hang on we've re-signed everyone that we thought was worth signing......

Can we just let the professionals get on with running the club? There's another thread moaning about 8 signings by the start of July not being good enough when the last 4 or 5 seasons have had us bringing in players on the last day of the window,

So, missing out on twenty grand by refusing The Rangers more tickets for the play-offs to keep the fans happy is fine, spending a similar amount on the recommendation of Stubbs for the benefit of the team is bad?

:agree:

Course if Petrie and Farmer hadn't pocketed the car park money, our pre-season would be Bayern Munich. Real Madrid c.1960, the New York Yankees and then The Marvel Avengers, all at home and we would be sitting in hollow glass thrones filled with unicorn tears, sipping exquisite champagne.

Just saying, like :agree:

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2015, 02:08 AM
Of all the things we could complain about at ER we chose this is the best we could do?

I trust Alan Stubbs, a guy with nearly 500 league games and 7 years coaching experience to make the right decision.

I also trust his the input of his coaching staff

Andy Holden - 19 years coaching at Everton
John Doolan - 7 years at Everton

and both our sports scientist and fitness coaches Craig Flanagan and Paul Green. Do you guys seriously think you know better than these people?

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 04:48 AM
I may be wrong, but I would suggest the fact we are returning to the exact same place within such a short space of time means it really isn't that expensive for us to go. We won't be spending what we can't afford.

IanM
06-07-2015, 05:14 AM
whats the difference between going to train abroad and (from what I've been told) a few competitive matches than say going to Gibralter a few seasons back for a pre season tour? Is it because that fans haven't been invited?

Doesn't bother me what they do mind, I remember Stubbs said the last time he was able to keep an eye on what they were all eating so if we have that early in the season rather than before our biggest game, surely that's a good thing?

Gatecrasher
06-07-2015, 05:44 AM

:agree: the boredom must be strong this summer.

Jack
06-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Bogof ;-)

poolman
06-07-2015, 07:23 AM

Could not agree more

Bloody drama Queens moaning about a five day trip to La Manga

Mind boggling :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2015, 07:32 AM
I doubt the cost of going to La Manga would be more than a trip away to England or Ireland for a pre season friendly. Stubbs obviously feels the money is better spent going to Spain than playing friendlies in UK especially as we are seemingly playing a friendly against Wigan whilst we are away.

Would anyone be complaining if we were away to the North West of England/Ireland/Highlands for a few days?

Wonder if QoS supporters are moaning about the cost

I wouldnt have thought so, especially if Hibs are picking up that tab too? :wink:

lord bunberry
06-07-2015, 07:46 AM
I heard the players chipped in for it as long as they could go out on the lash every night after training

hibs0666
06-07-2015, 07:50 AM

The trip is an investment in the team.

jdships
06-07-2015, 08:11 AM

Message No 30 and a reasonably objective/ sensible post at last !!!! :greengrin:thumbsup:

Arch Stanton
06-07-2015, 08:24 AM
I would question the assumption the a get-together would be cheaper in Scotland than Spain - unless they were taken youth hostelling maybe.

Kojock
06-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Oh dear some touchy wee souls on here. I merely posed the question that as we have a state of the art training centre is there any benefit in spending money going abroad to another training camp. It not a moan or a dig at Stubbsy, just an observation.

CapitalGreen
06-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Oh dear some touchy wee souls on here. I merely posed the question that as we have a state of the art training centre is there any benefit in spending money going abroad to another training camp. It not a moan or a dig at Stubbsy, just an observation.

Stubbs knows bestDoes he ?

That's a dig

Kojock
06-07-2015, 08:39 AM
That's a dig

Again was asking a question. We dont know for sure if Stubbs knows best !! If its such a great idea why is every team not doing the same especially the ones with crap training facilities ?

CapitalGreen
06-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Again was asking a question. We dont know for sure if Stubbs knows best !! If its such a great idea why is every team not doing the same especially the ones with crap training facilities ?

Possibly not but I would hazard a guess that he knows significantly more about Pro squad team building than you do.

lord bunberry
06-07-2015, 08:59 AM
I would question the assumption the a get-together would be cheaper in Scotland than Spain - unless they were taken youth hostelling maybe.
Or they just stayed in their own houses. The fact that so many teams seem to head out to La Manga suggests it isn't that expensive.

Kojock
06-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Possibly not but I would hazard a guess that he knows significantly more about Pro squad team building than you do.

Yes and Cameron knows more about running the country than me but it won't stop me questioning some of his decisions.

bigwheel
06-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Yes and Cameron knows more about running the country than me but it won't stop me questioning some of his decisions.

Jeez, I guarantee there is not one other thread in the rest of European football from fans questioning why their team is going away to have some proper pre season preparation time together......only some Hibs fans....

Alex Trager
06-07-2015, 09:06 AM
The thing with a trip like this is it gives Stubbs a brilliant chance to push players to their full.
It gives him and his team complete and utter control over the players.

Over their lifestyle.

Over their training.

Over their eating habits.

Even if it is only for a week/4 days whatever it is.

It gives them a chance to push the players to the full and make sure they are abiding by eating well etc.

That was one of the things I pulled from the last trip. That the food was very healthy and controlled.

At this pivotal point in the preseason something like that is ideal.

I find it funny that we all know better than a football coach and his team who have been involved in football their entire adult life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
06-07-2015, 09:14 AM
The thing with a trip like this is it gives Stubbs a brilliant chance to push players to their full.

Over their lifestyle.

Over their training.

It gives them a chance to push the players to the full and make sure they are abiding by eating well etc.

That was one of the things I pulled from the last trip. That the food was very healthy and controlled.

I find it funny that we all know better than a football coach and his team who have been involved in football their entire adult life

This.

In La Manga the team will be together for 6 days from when they wake to when they go to bed. That's a lot of time bonding and working on things. There is a lot more to preseason than fitness and ball work. Could the management get the same from spending 16 hours a day at East Mains for 6 days in a row?

JimBHibees
06-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Over their lifestyle.

Over their training.

Completely agree it is a chance to develop the culture of the team, integrate the new players in and also put in key physical work prior to the start of the season. Saw the presentation Craig Flanagan did at one of the Hibs net visits to East Mains and he put great emphasis on the key physical work for the season is done during pre-season. He said there wasn't a real pre-season last year as the players were so out of shape. A great idea to get the team away prior to the new season.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 09:23 AM
This trip as probably planned and budgeted a few months ago. The one in May was a last minute one due to the games in the play offs being moved, without much warning. Can hardly blame Hibs for going away in May, when we didn't have a game for over 2 1/2 weeks

Jack
06-07-2015, 09:29 AM

Over their lifestyle.

Over their training.

Good points, it's about time Football Manager gave teams a boost for doing this, then maybe some of the whingers on here would be more appreciative of the benefits.

ancient hibee
06-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but it seems obvious to me that if you take players somewhere to get fit and it is very hot they will have to work harder and will get fitter quicker.

--------
06-07-2015, 09:48 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but it seems obvious to me that if you take players somewhere to get fit and it is very hot they will have to work harder and will get fitter quicker.

But you could achieve exactly the same ends by hiring a squad of goons with machine guns and bull-whips and making the players do a week's forced labour at East Mains, surely? Or Gullane, come to that. (Jock Wallace couldn't be wrong, now, could he?)

I'm sure there must be unemployed guards from the Gulag available over the Internet?

Ancient, there are those among us who truly believe that Hibs players must be made to suffer for the sins of their predecessors.

And I mean SUFFER.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2015, 10:01 AM
:agree: the boredom must be strong this summer.

School holidays - coincidence? The force is strong in this one - Duracell perhaps? Maybe things will Petrie out in a few days ;)

Forza Fred
06-07-2015, 10:33 AM

All to do with team building and morale.

Money we'll spent.

Keith_M
06-07-2015, 10:49 AM
You can just imagine the headlines in tomorrow's papers...

"Hibs Fans In Open Revolt Over Team Trip To La Manga"

Never mind the fact that it's actually just one guy with a Bee in his Bonnet...

fishybeaver
06-07-2015, 10:51 AM
You can just imagine the headlines in tomorrow's papers...

"Hibs Fans In Open Revolt Over Team Trip To La Manga"

Never mind the fact that it's actually just one guy with a Bee in his Bonnet...

Anyone got any idea of who has actually travelled?

SaulGoodman
06-07-2015, 11:01 AM

QoS are in La Manga too.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2015, 11:21 AM
QoS are in La Manga too.

Round robin tournament with Wigan ?
Wigan actually asked to relocate to Gullane but realised The Open meant accommodation would be a 'mare.

Bad Martini
06-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Where?

Somewhere warmer and further away :greengrin:stirrer:

I read on the BBC website Strachan will be over there too...then again, and moreover, the King is heading over there.

Clearly, they all want his autograph and as long as I get a signed shirt and a photo, they can go to La Peeveup as much as they like :greengrin

(thats my **** stirring over, as ye were) :aok:

Theinsider
06-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Round robin tournament with Wigan ?
Wigan actually asked to relocate to Gullane but realised The Open meant accommodation would be a 'mare.

Man an city only 20 mins away at my boys training complex of the Piñatar arena. :flag:

Gordy M
06-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Surely its no more expensive than going on a pre season tour to europe? Not as many teams seem to do this anymore, remember it was quite a common thing to do?

percy veer
06-07-2015, 11:32 AM

you seem to have a bee in your bonnet on this one, how much is it actually costing?? we could go to Trinidad and Tobago again. get a grip its a training week together bonds the team.

if we want to save even more money lets get rid of east mains and head down porty beach

Kojock
06-07-2015, 11:39 AM
you seem to have a bee in your bonnet on this one, how much is it actually costing?? we could go to Trinidad and Tobago again. get a grip its a training week together bonds the team.

if we want to save even more money lets get rid of east mains and head down porty beach

I can assure you my bonnet is completely bee free. No idea how much it is costing but I can bet that its a lot more than spending a week at our state of the art training center. How do you know it will bond the team ? could be that after a week together living in each others pockets they might all fall out :na na:

Bad Martini
06-07-2015, 11:43 AM
I can assure you my bonnet is completely bee free. No idea how much it is costing but I can bet that its a lot more than spending a week at our state of the art training center. How do you know it will bond the team ? could be that after a week together living in each others pockets they might all fall out :na na:

What??? Wth all that cooled lager, chips and hamburgers? Sounds pretty vintagely braw to me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CapitalGreen
06-07-2015, 11:48 AM

Do you know what Alan and his team have planned for the team this week? If so, does East Mains have the full facilities to meet the plans?

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2015, 11:53 AM

Would doubt that. Would rather have you running the country than that rick.

Keith_M
06-07-2015, 11:55 AM

That's why we appoint a Manager, to make the right decisions for the team according to his skills and experience.

Either you trust his judgement or you don't, that's your choice.

For one, I'm happy to go with what AS thinks is best.

brog
06-07-2015, 11:58 AM
To save costs we could always do the same as our illustrious neighbours & just not pay the bill when we stay at a foreign location. One of the Yam creditors who was stiffed was Il Ciocco, a hotel complex near Barga, Tuscany where Hawrts stayed 5 years ago this month. They racked up a bill of £11,469 & never paid a penny! This was extremely embarrassing for the large Scottish community in Barga but of zero concern to our (dis) honourable neighbours. Maybe someone could mention this to Geo Foulkes next time he mouths off.
​Never let them forget!!

Kojock
06-07-2015, 12:04 PM
That's why we appoint a Manager, to make the right decisions for the team according to his skills and experience.

Either you trust his judgement or you don't, that's your choice.

For one, I'm happy to go with what AS thinks is best.

And we have been really lucky there over the past 10 years.

percy veer
06-07-2015, 12:06 PM

relation to Petrie?? 1 serious bean counter here

Keith_M
06-07-2015, 12:56 PM
And we have been really lucky there over the past 10 years.

Well, it's entirely up to you if you want to judge Stubbs by our previous failures.

I'd rather give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

J-C
06-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Dear god man give it a rest, you are the only person on here still bloody moaning about this, when everyone else is saying it's a good thing they're doing this, enough already. :rolleyes:

tamig
06-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Dear god man give it a rest, you are the only person on here still bloody moaning about this, when everyone else is saying it's a good thing they're doing this, enough already. :rolleyes:

Touch of the trolls methinks. Best ignored.