04-07-2015, 06:44 PM
What's everyone's view on him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33391205

04-07-2015, 06:48 PM
What's everyone's view on him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33391205

He was on sportsound today. I like McCall regardless of his Rangers connections. Said Hibs were the better team against Rangers, and think he was treated shabbily by Rangers

04-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Dare I say it because he played for and managed Rangers but I quite like the guy. Always seems to be an honest and passionate type of character.

04-07-2015, 06:57 PM
I've always quite liked him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and accept that the ***** he spouted at ibrox was scripted for him to appeal to the hordes and he didn't really believe it.

04-07-2015, 07:26 PM
He was on sportsound today. I like McCall regardless of his Rangers connections. Said Hibs were the better team against Rangers, and think he was treated shabbily by Rangers

Exactly i'm glad he's away to be honest

Wally Carew
04-07-2015, 07:40 PM
One of those guys that you look at and know that he's going to bore you to tears, then he talks and bores you to tears, then you start thinking about that awful hairstyle he's had for 20 odd years and the fact that he's a Hun, a ginger, and an Englishman that played for Scotland.

A wrong un but he just makes me want turn the telly off and do something else, he doesn't make me want to throw my TV at the wall like most Huns.

04-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Listened to him sport sound today whilst out on a wee walk...

Decent listen to be honest. One of these guys who you hate when he's up against you but would be happy if he was fighting your corner. I guess that's a compliment.

Seemed open and honest during the interview.

Funny story about bringing players in at Motherwell. Couldn't take them to the training ground, Fir Park wasn't a deal maker, so a wee trip to M&D's on the roller coaster... :tee hee:

04-07-2015, 07:57 PM
One of those guys that you look at and know that he's going to bore you to tears, then he talks and bores you to tears, then you start thinking about that awful hairstyle he's had for 20 odd years and the fact that he's a Hun, a ginger, and an Englishman that played for Scotland.

A wrong un but he just makes me want turn the telly off and do something else, he doesn't make me want to throw my TV at the wall like most Huns.

A carefully constructed opinion. :rolleyes:

04-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Wally................:agree:

04-07-2015, 08:03 PM
He's a the rangers man. Bound to pop up as some sort of blether to give a bit of balance to the legion of strangely yammish types who have seeped into BBC Scotland sport at every level.

04-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Never really had any reason to dislike him. His car antics post-Bradford promotion topped up the Sweden goal goodwill I had for him. Manager of the New Rangers? Everyone makes a mistake!

04-07-2015, 08:47 PM
He's a the rangers man. Bound to pop up as some sort of blether to give a bit of balance to the legion of strangely yammish types who have seeped into BBC Scotland sport at every level.

Thankfully that makes no sense at all. Makes it all the easier to ignore.

I guess I am a the Hibs man who enjoyed some sort of blether on a programme hosted by an Aberdeen supporter and contained an ex- Celtic player...

Scary stuff

04-07-2015, 08:59 PM

I guess I am a the Hibs man who enjoyed some sort of blether on a programme hosted by an Aberdeen supporter and contained an ex- Celtic player...

Scary stuff
Let me explain. I think he is one of them. Just my opinion.

I also think I am right about the beeb and their general bias. I don't think I'm alone. Sportsound is an example I feel.

Not that frightening really 😉

04-07-2015, 09:11 PM

I also think I am right about the beeb and their general bias. I don't think I'm alone. Sportsound is an example I feel.

Not that frightening really 

Fair enough.

You 'think' he is one of them? One of who? There can't be any opinion here. Whatever you 'think' he is then surely he either is or isn't?

BBC will always be construed as biased by someone. Fact of life that they can't be all things to all people. I know Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd fans who think the BBC are biased.

Maybe not frightening, but your initial point (which even brought in 'ginger' as a derogatory term) was poorly made. Just my opinion.

04-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Fair enough.

You 'think' he is one of them? One of who? There can't be any opinion here. Whatever you 'think' he is then surely he either is or isn't?

BBC will always be construed as biased by someone. Fact of life that they can't be all things to all people. I know Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd fans who think the BBC are biased.

Maybe not frightening, but your initial point (which even brought in 'ginger' as a derogatory term) was poorly made. Just my opinion.

You're not making much of a fist at ignoring this are you?

04-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Fair enough.

Not guilty your honour.

I always thought he was more of a Sandy blonde. Would never categorise anyone by hair colour alone.

"Them" on this occasion is huns and I think he leans that way.

04-07-2015, 09:17 PM

Simply replying to the chaps post. Is that not the basis of a forum?

E10 Rifle
04-07-2015, 09:19 PM
If he can help take Scotland to the Euros with Strachan, he's a good guy - if he can't, he's a total bawbag.

04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Which chap? The one using Ginger as a derogatory term?

04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Not guilty your honour.

I always thought he was more of a Sandy blonde. Would never categorise anyone by hair colour alone.

"Them" on this occasion is huns and I think he leans that way.

I'm glad hair colour doesn't come into this as I'm rapidly heading towards silvery brown :agree:

I guess it's fair to disagree on this. As huns go, he's not high on my list of hated ones I suppose.

04-07-2015, 09:22 PM

Scary stuff

Not that frightening really 

Fair enough.

Just saying.

04-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Which chap? The one using Ginger as a derogatory term?

This is getting scarier by the second. Is it tag-team responses?:greengrin

04-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Just saying.

Oh dear:cb

04-07-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm glad hair colour doesn't come into this as I'm rapidly heading towards silvery brown :agree:

I guess it's fair to disagree on this. As huns go, he's not high on my list of hated ones I suppose.
Said he was a the rangers man.didn't call him ginger and didn't mention any particular feeling about him at all.

You probably need to start at post six again

04-07-2015, 09:27 PM
For what it's worth Stuart McCall gets on my tits and he always has.
So does Sportsound and if he ends up there I'll enjoy hating it even more!

04-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Never been able to take him seriously since this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryKBnRP4Xlg) :faf:

04-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Said he was a the rangers man.didn't call him ginger and didn't mention any particular feeling about him at all.

You probably need to start at post six again

Fair do's BH. Crossed wires (I'll blame posting via mobile on this occasion). Not adverse to holding my hands up. :agree:

04-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Oh dear:cb

Think maybe ol' Boston there has offered you some good advice Froggy!

04-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Fair do's BH. Crossed wires (I'll blame posting via mobile on this occasion). Not adverse to holding my hands up. :agree:
Nae problem at all. I think I mixed up my Stuart mccalls.[emoji1]

I now realise we are talking about the magnificently auburn maned the Motherwell man.

[emoji106]

04-07-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't mind him. Think he's a decent guy and normally tells it as it is.

04-07-2015, 10:26 PM
He talks a lot of sense, I like him. Personally think Rangers missed a trick not keeping him on, he got a tune out of a really shocking team. They'd also have been much better prepared for the new season in terms of signings, probably worked in favour that they punted him.

04-07-2015, 10:41 PM
He walked out on his country to manage the Huns. He should not have been asked back, he can **** off

Wally Carew
04-07-2015, 11:36 PM
What does he actually do for Scotland anyway?

He probably just fills in for Strachan when he fancies a sly afternoon pint, by fluffing up his fringe, sucking on a lemon to get those thin, pinched lips and giving shan patter in a dodgy Edinburgh accent.

He's a number 2 alright.

05-07-2015, 06:13 AM
What does he actually do for Scotland anyway?

He probably just fills in for Strachan when he fancies a sly afternoon pint, by fluffing up his fringe, sucking on a lemon to get those thin, pinched lips and giving shan patter in a dodgy Edinburgh accent.

He's a number 2 alright.

Some amount of shan patter from you an aw.

Have a word with yourself - disliking someone because they're ginger. Toe curling stuff...

05-07-2015, 07:40 AM
.....and the fact that he's..... a ginger

Racist.

05-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Gingers I wouldn't kick out of Bed......

Number 1: Karen Gillan

05-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't mind him. Think he's a decent guy and normally tells it as it is.

Would agree with that .
As a Manager , like many before him, he has had his " good days and not so good days " but can't see him making it at the very top - say English Premier league .

05-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Really decent guy and wouldn't be against him perhaps managing us one day. After Stubbs gets the Barca job obviously :greengrin

06-07-2015, 05:02 AM

If he was black instead of 'a ginger' would you have added that in as a reason to dislike him?

"The fact that he's a Hun, a black, and an Englishman that played for Scotland."

Just curious.

06-07-2015, 06:51 AM
SMC seems a decent enough bloke for a hun.

06-07-2015, 07:51 AM
I've never liked him and I don't rate him as a manager either.

06-07-2015, 11:36 AM
So, I neither like or dislike him. Nothing to do with the fact he's got a ropey ginger hair doo (and thats not ****ing racist unless there is a race on the earth known as "the gingers" :greengrin) and the fact he is clearly, a hun.

Granted, he breaks the mould of being hunnish as he has on occassion been fair minded, talk (some) sense and not be a complete prick which, rules out around 99% of hunish ones.

Given he wont be in our way next season, I dont really give a toss about him.

Sorted. Another less worry in the world where folk love to create worries to worry over, never happy unless they are worrying (or worrying about worrying) :rolleyes::greengrin:aok:)

HappyHanlon
06-07-2015, 04:52 PM
McCall's a arrogant, bitter twat of a man.

Wouldn't want that hun in charge of us ever.

06-07-2015, 06:18 PM
I don't know the man personally, but just based on footballing matters here's my view on McCall:

1) he played for the Huns, 2) he manged the Huns, and 3) he walked out on his job with the Scotland team after touting himself for the Huns job.

I wouldn't have thought he's got much love for Hibs, therefore he can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Wally Carew
07-07-2015, 01:59 AM
If he was black instead of 'a ginger' would you have added that in as a reason to dislike him?

"The fact that he's a Hun, a black, and an Englishman that played for Scotland."

Just curious.

Of course not - and the ginger thing was just a bit of silly banter of course. I'm part ginger myself. 🐯

07-07-2015, 02:08 AM
Of course not - and the ginger thing was just a bit of silly banter of course. I'm part ginger myself. [emoji197]

[emoji106]