PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Hibs Supporters Club

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Anyone interested in joining me start a Club if there isn't already one?

Mon the Weegie Hibees 😂😂 👍

Iceman1875
01-07-2015, 06:31 PM
I live in cambuslang and might be interested [emoji106]🏻

At Easter Road we play...

Ronniekirk
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Anyone interested in joining me start a Club if there isn't already one?

Mon the Weegie Hibees  

Are you talking about with a view to seeing if enough interest to run a bus to games ,or just gauging interest in who is out there .iether way me and my son could be interested There was an active branch years ago but am sure someone else can provide an update if it still exists and if still meet in Sloans the pub That's last meeting place I can remember

Waxy
01-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Before The afterbirth of Celtic, there where thousands of Hibbys in Glasgow.

Hannah_hfc
01-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I stay in the Southside of Glasgow so would certainly be interested in being part of a supporters branch :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

hibs0666
01-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Giffnock Hibs ya bas.

Ronniekirk
01-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Giffnock Hibs ya bas.

Meetings in the Orchard Park then :thumbsup:

hibs0666
01-07-2015, 07:12 PM

Nae bother, but mind and bring a decent wedge - it's not the cheapest. :)

weedgiehibbie
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM
There has been a Glasgow branch on the go for some time in some format, back in the early 90's when it was affiliated with the supporters club it was only me and the old man that used the club as being a kid I could get in :greengrin We merged with the East Kilbride supporters in 2006(ish) to form the west of Scotland hibs supporters, due to us pretty much doing our own thing - especially for home games - and some of the folk whom had been going for decades going less now or not at all it has died away slightly, we did use to run some buses for long distance away games or arrange meet-ups for more "local" away games, seems to be a few smaller groups now whom make it up - heres the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/ - the more the merrier :agree:

Vini1875
01-07-2015, 08:53 PM
There are still some funds etc from the West of Scotland Branch. Certainly the last few years have seen a drop off in branch activity, but there are still a few boys who go to games. I'm in.

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I live in cambuslang and might be interested [emoji106]

Cambuslang ! That counts :aok:

1875Sean
01-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Stay in Motherwell, right across from a pub called the hibs club! Alto no Hibs fans their that I know of ...

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Are you talking about with a view to seeing if enough interest to run a bus to games ,or just gauging interest in who is out there .iether way me and my son could be interested There was an active branch years ago but am sure someone else can provide an update if it still exists and if still meet in Sloans the pub That's last meeting place I can remember

Gauging interest. If there was enough, I'd be happy to organise a bus. If not enough we could meet up travel through, car share, beers etc/..

I remember there was a branch - quite a few members. I can remember playing football for them too ( Sunday League) . Good times :agree:

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Before The afterbirth of Celtic, there where thousands of Hibbys in Glasgow.

Still out out there Waxy I hope :thumbsup:

Greencore
01-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I live in Irvine (Ayrshire) 45 mins away from Glasgow. I would have joined. Can't stand the the rangers fans around ayrshire. I am moving to Dalkeith in around two weeks so....:: I will need to change my username...

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
There has been a Glasgow branch on the go for some time in some format, back in the early 90's when it was affiliated with the supporters club it was only me and the old man that used the club as being a kid I could get in :greengrin We merged with the East Kilbride supporters in 2006(ish) to form the west of Scotland hibs supporters, due to us pretty much doing our own thing - especially for home games - and some of the folk whom had been going for decades going less now or not at all it has died away slightly, we did use to run some buses for long distance away games or arrange meet-ups for more "local" away games, seems to be a few smaller groups now whom make it up - heres the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/ - the more the merrier :agree:

Fantastic. So we have a branch ! Great stuff

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Orchard Park ? Prawn sandwishes for you in the West next season Ronnie then ? :na na:

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
I live in Irvine (Ayrshire) 45 mins away from Glasgow. I would have joined. Can't stand the the rangers fans around ayrshire. I am moving to Dalkeith in around two weeks so....:: I will need to change my username...

I feel your pain EdinAyr. :wink:

Greencore
01-07-2015, 09:08 PM
I feel your pain EdinAyr. :wink:

Changing username or are you in Ayrshire lol?

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Changing username or are you in Ayrshire lol?

Im in South Glasgow but worked in Killie for 6 years! Painful that was

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Would be good to organise a meet : original and interested newbies :agree:

Ronniekirk
01-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Orchard Park ? Prawn sandwishes for you in the West next season Ronnie then ? :na na:
Nope I sit in section 44 in the East .Could afford the West but choose not to go there Still meet up with friends from Fife that I went to games with as a Teenager Am 58 now but a Teenager at Heart:agree: So am up for joining in but not on Facebook

mca
01-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Stay in Motherwell, right across from a pub called the hibs club! Alto no Hibs fans their that I know of ...

I'm Sure I once Drunkenly seen that !! full o Rangers supporters when we went it.. If I can remember :greengrin

1875Sean
01-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm Sure I once Drunkenly seen that !! full o Rangers supporters when we went it.. If I can remember :greengrin

The few times I've been in its full of Celtic fans - think they have a supports bus running from it!

Wouldnt surprise me about rangers fans tho, there's a few in the area

James.
01-07-2015, 09:46 PM

Wow

So there's at least two of us in the town :agree:

ALF TUPPER
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Seems there are a few of us.
Maybe the original guys might like to organise a wee meet ( if you're up for it) and we can get things up n running for the new season. :greengrin

TheSouthMoroccan
01-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Bearsden x 2

Iceman1875
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Cambuslang ! That counts :aok:

Aye, I proudly rock my hibs tap often in cambuslang get some weird looks [emoji23]

Greencore
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Wow

Most certainly! I remember walking down to the green, in Irvine. Some lad blasting penny arcade from his car. I was tempted to start singing "the cry was no promotion!!!!' But I'm not sure the locals would have liked this

When I first came here found it shocking that there are not many killie or Ayr United fans.

Was thinking of going to a few ayr games but to be honest I'm from Edinburgh my team is hibs, if that means traveling through every sat so be it

I've done my time in Ayrshire I'm free!!!!

Coults1875
01-07-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm from Hamilton :flag: rarely see any fellow hibees around my way! Good to know there's others near by!

Stantons Angel
01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
There used to be a branch of the association from Glasgow who used to travel to a lot of the games home and away.

Im sure if you check the Hibs club facebook page there is a page of branches and contact numbers on that that may assist you.

Im sure there is also information on supporters groups on the main Hibs site too.

I hope you find this helpful.

DirtyDeeds
01-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Moving to Mt Florida in a months time, would be interested in any goings on surrounding this. Have mate in Partick area who would no doubt get involved too.

Mikey

The Harp
01-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Can remember meeting up with several members of the Glasgow branch at home and away games in the mid to late 60's. Among their number was Jim Hossack who at the time was a cameraman with STV (IIRC). Good bunch of guys they were.
Some time after that there was also the 'Hibees Glasgow Gossip' fanzine which was a pretty good read back in the day.

Partick Hibee
01-07-2015, 11:24 PM
There's a few of us around that arrange meeting up pre-match etc on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/?fref=ts Be good to getsome more stuff on the go, seems like some folk are keen.

Hannah_hfc
01-07-2015, 11:46 PM
There's a few of us around that arrange meeting up pre-match etc on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/?fref=ts Be good to getsome more stuff on the go, seems like some folk are keen.
Sent a wee join request to the fb group, thanks for the link!

Matty_Jack04
02-07-2015, 04:31 AM
I'm from Hamilton :flag: rarely see any fellow hibees around my way! Good to know there's others near by!

I'm moving to bothwell in a couple months time not too far from hamilton so the numbers will swell to 2 :greengrin

i might be be interested in joining...never been involved in a supporters branch what does it include?

Iceman1875
02-07-2015, 05:34 AM
Sent a wee join request to the fb group, thanks for the link!

Me too, thanks for the heads-up [emoji106]🏻

DH1875
02-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Would be good to organise a meet : original and interested newbies :agree:

Last 2 cup finals I've tried to organise a meet. Last one I had between 20-30 guys confirm they were all gonna turn up. Everyone of them were given either my mobile number or another poster on here's mobile number. Despite all the effort I put in only 3 of us turned up and only one guy was good enough to text and say soz they couldn't make it. Was still a good night though.
Now that I've got that out the way, I'd be up for it. Bit of a glory hunter now as work most saturdays and had to give up the season ticket. Only managed 7 games last season but went to all of them bar one on my own :(

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 07:36 AM
There used to be a branch of the association from Glasgow who used to travel to a lot of the games home and away.

Im sure if you check the Hibs club facebook page there is a page of branches and contact numbers on that that may assist you.

Im sure there is also information on supporters groups on the main Hibs site too.

I hope you find this helpful.

Thanks 👍

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm moving to bothwell in a couple months time not too far from hamilton so the numbers will swell to 2 :greengrin

i might be be interested in joining...never been involved in a supporters branch what does it include?

Neither have I. So, not got a scooby. There seems to be a few of us out West including some who organised the SC. Looking good 👍

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Last 2 cup finals I've tried to organise a meet. Last one I had between 20-30 guys confirm they were all gonna turn up. Everyone of them were given either my mobile number or another poster on here's mobile number. Despite all the effort I put in only 3 of us turned up and only one guy was good enough to text and say soz they couldn't make it. Was still a good night though.
Now that I've got that out the way, I'd be up for it. Bit of a glory hunter now as work most saturdays and had to give up the season ticket. Only managed 7 games last season but went to all of them bar one on my own :(

Poor show.
Fancy trying it again?

liamh2202
02-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Me and my son travel from helensburgh. Not got Facebook though so will keep an eye out for any progress on here. Or if someone could pm me if anything gets organized that would be ideal

Renfrew_Hibby
02-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Don't forget me! I'm a rare breed, that is I'm indigenous to the west. Grew up in Ayr and now live in Renfrew (clue's in the name) Just a handful of miles from castle greyskull.
Had a season ticket from my teens until quite recently but family life and work restrict me at the moment however I will try for 6 or 7 home games this coming season + away days at St.Mirren (in-laws team)

HibsEK
02-07-2015, 08:19 AM
I'm in East Kilbride and would be interested. I've sent a request to the Facebook group 👍

Keith_M
02-07-2015, 08:22 AM
If you start a new Club, I'd be interested in joining, as we're hoping to move back to Glasgow next year (Mount Florida, probably)

GreenOnions
02-07-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm in Clarkston in south Glasgow and would be interested too. I wouldn't do facebook though I'm afraid so hopefully some other options

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Seems there are lots of us. Rather than start a new Branch it may be best to join the WoScotland and get the membership up.
Wouldn't want to tread on toes either.
Existing W of S Branchers .... any thoughts? Meetings planned etc/.... we can come along to ?

hibee_nation
02-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Sent a request to FB page,be good to meet up in Glasgow and travel through to ER together GGTTH

Keith_M
02-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Seems there are lots of us. Rather than start a new Branch it may be best to join the WoScotland and get the membership up.
Wouldn't want to tread on toes either.
Existing W of S Branchers .... any thoughts? Meetings planned etc/.... we can come along to ?

IIRC, the WoS Branch guys used to mostly use the Hibees Bounce web-site.

Have you posted on there?

Ronniekirk
02-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Looks like we are up to over 20 already ,a few like me not on Facebook ,so if something being arranged could someone take responsibility for posting on here or pm everyone The proof of continued interest is always who turns up for meetings or when travelling to game and it takes a lot of time for one person to organise so messages on this thread to start with probably as good as anything for us non face book folk

Nutmegged
02-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Don't forget me! I'm a rare breed, that is I'm indigenous to the west. Grew up in Ayr and now live in Renfrew (clue's in the name) Just a handful of miles from castle greyskull.
Had a season ticket from my teens until quite recently but family life and work restrict me at the moment however I will try for 6 or 7 home games this coming season + away days at St.Mirren (in-laws team)

You'll be handy for Morton away and Sevco away too, pretty decent location for Away Days

Greencore
02-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I used to live in Ayr, near Wellington square. Would say Ayr is the one of the classy parts in Ayrshire.

brog
02-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Can remember meeting up with several members of the Glasgow branch at home and away games in the mid to late 60's. Among their number was Jim Hossack who at the time was a cameraman with STV (IIRC). Good bunch of guys they were.
Some time after that there was also the 'Hibees Glasgow Gossip' fanzine which was a pretty good read back in the day.

You're spot on, in the 70's I always had a drink or 3 with the Glasgow boys after the game. I remember Ally was the organiser in chief & although Jim Hossack, best known for " The Team That Wouldn't Die " was with STV I think he was a producer & Jimmy Stewart IIRC was the cameraman. Looks like things may take off for you again & I wish you all well.

Renfrew_Hibby
02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I used to live in Ayr, near Wellington square. Would say Ayr is the one of the classy parts in Ayrshire.

Don't know if you're taking the pee or not as there are loads of ****my parts in Ayr. Having said that there are loads of very well heeled areas too like Alloway where it's all millionaires.
I grew up just down from Belmont Academy in the St.Leonards Road area. Quite middle class there (we weren't though!) so much so that Lord pishey breeks himself lived just round the corner when he was MP for Carrick & Cummnock and his wife Liz was Provist for South Ayrshire.

I'm glad I'm away though as overall Ayr is a pretty soulless and tired, drab place just like many UK seaside towns.

Bad Martini
02-07-2015, 11:39 AM
I feel pangs of awful guilt.

Never again will I hurl indiscriminate pelters at EVERY wedgie...for my past sins, I am sorry :not worth:aok:

I will now look out for the believers, scattered aroond the west (all youse) and except youse when I hurl pelters, now far more disriminately, at non-Hibbyish wedgie bassas.

And for your support to the cause, born here or not (which is even better) an even bigger salute to ye aw.

...just think, you could've been huns or tic fans...(shudders, as per Homer when Marge's sisters come roond).

GGTTH.

STAND FREE WHEREREVER YE MAY BE <<< thieved from the sheep, another reason for them to hate us, even more than normal. :flag:

ENDOF :thumbsup:

liamh2202
02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I feel pangs of awful guilt.

Never again will I hurl indiscriminate pelters at EVERY wedgie...for my past sins, I am sorry :not worth:aok:

I will now look out for the believers, scattered aroond the west (all youse) and except youse when I hurl pelters, now far more disriminately, at non-Hibbyish wedgie bassas.

And for your support to the cause, born here or not (which is even better) an even bigger salute to ye aw.

...just think, you could've been huns or tic fans...(shudders, as per Homer when Marge's sisters come roond).

GGTTH.

STAND FREE WHEREREVER YE MAY BE <<< thieved from the sheep, another reason for them to hate us, even more than normal. :flag:

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Don't know about the rest of the lads but I for one am not , never have been and never will be any form of a weedgie

Bad Martini
02-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Don't know about the rest of the lads but I for one am not , never have been and never will be any form of a weedgie

(in yer best Mrs Doyle accent from Father Ted) Ahhh ye weeeel, ye weeeeel, ye weeeel, ye weeeel, ye weeeel.

OK, fair dues, here is the disclaimer:

* If you are not a weedgie, but live in the weej and follow the Hibs, all the above respect applies.
* If you are a a weedgie and live in the weej and follow the Hibs, all the above respect still applies.
* In fact, not to give a **** where you live, if you follow the hibs, all the above respect still applies, with no geographic bias against anyone, anwyhere at any time (at least not on the grounds of where ye live :greengrin)

In addition, I should add the obvious from Wikipedia, Magnacarta and Doomsday book:

* Everything west of Ingilston is "weedgie land"
* Everyone north of the Forth are Fifers or Highlanders (lovingly known as sheep)
* Everyone south of Edinburgh are English :na na::greengrin

I fear, I shant be giving any more compliments agian. It only leads to trouble.

Ya bunch of non-Edinburgh, weedgie/sheep/english *******s :greengrin:thumbsup:

Hannah_hfc
02-07-2015, 12:15 PM
I'm in Clarkston in south Glasgow and would be interested too. I wouldn't do facebook though I'm afraid so hopefully some other options
Small world! Grew up in Clarkston [emoji106]

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Looks like we are up to over 20 already ,a few like me not on Facebook ,so if something being arranged could someone take responsibility for posting on here or pm everyone The proof of continued interest is always who turns up for meetings or when travelling to game and it takes a lot of time for one person to organise so messages on this thread to start with probably as good as anything for us non face book folk

I agree. I'll do it ! 👍 #GGTTH

1875Sean
02-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Not on facebook like a few folk here but i am on twitter, found a glasgow hibs page on that, does anyone know if it gets updated as much as the facebook page? :confused:

kennyh
02-07-2015, 02:43 PM

That'll bring the Hamilton posse up to at least four of us. There is another Hibee over here too called Ian, and I've seen a few kids wearing Hibs tops that caught me by surprise so there are others.

I've been a lapsed Hibee over last two seasons but plan to make it to a few games this season and as I have just cancelled SKY Sports so any Live games I am forced to go out and have a beer.
Tap Room was where I'd go but they pissed me off last season by not putting on the second half of a Hibs Huns Game. had to watch it with 20 Huns across in Bar West.
Any suggestions welcome for meeting in the area if Hibs are on TV and we aren't going

DH1875
02-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Poor show.
Fancy trying it again?

Like I said, I'm a bit of a part timer these days but would defo join if something gts up and running. Don't have facebook though.

I think the logistics of everyone makes it a bit difficult to run a bus every week and don't think its cost effective for a lot of us. A bus would need to leave say glasgow city centre every week, are folk from EK, hamilton, Ayr etc...gonna travel into Glasgow when they can jump the train or drive from where they live? I'm not so sure.

Ayrshire Hibee
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Wow

Ronniekirk
02-07-2015, 05:19 PM
I agree. I'll do it !  #GGTTH

Great :thumbsup:.

Matty_Jack04
02-07-2015, 05:28 PM
That'll bring the Hamilton posse up to at least four of us. There is another Hibee over here too called Ian, and I've seen a few kids wearing Hibs tops that caught me by surprise so there are others.

I've been a lapsed Hibee over last two seasons but plan to make it to a few games this season and as I have just cancelled SKY Sports so any Live games I am forced to go out and have a beer.
Tap Room was where I'd go but they pissed me off last season by not putting on the second half of a Hibs Huns Game. had to watch it with 20 Huns across in Bar West.
Any suggestions welcome for meeting in the area if Hibs are on TV and we aren't going

I've only been to Hamilton once for a beer and football with the bro in law can't even mind the boozers name somewhere near the high school, oh and my bus went to the palace for 'that' final so il never be there again, I'd be up for meeting up a few times for the games tho either going or pubbing it not much use round my way especially if Celtic are playing I went into a pub once think it was Spurs v arsenal I was after, first pub had 4 TVs..all on Celtic v Dundee! I can barely find a boozer for soccer Saturday because they all have some kind of feeds to the games on Saturday's, angels in uddingston has a small old school TV tucked away in the corner with the scores on I learned about 2 weeks from the end of the season...it's gonna be great fun....

DH1875
02-07-2015, 06:26 PM
IIRC, the WoS Branch guys used to mostly use the Hibees Bounce web-site.

Have you posted on there?

Think I spent about 2 years on there talking to myself lol.

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Think I spent about 2 years on there talking to myself lol.

Hahahaha Sorry bout the delay in replying. Hope you didn't think you were talking to yourself. 😉

I'll give it a try , thanks 👍

FranckSuzy
02-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Good luck in your endeavours guys :thumbsup:

Just a thought, since a fair few of you don't have Pusbook, why not set up a group? if you go to Community ^, click on the drop-down menu, you'll see 'groups'. Then there is an option to 'create a group' where you could set-up a WoS Hibs one and chat away all you want :aok:

Alternatively, just ignore me and as you were :greengrin

Ronniekirk
02-07-2015, 08:51 PM

Just a thought, since a fair few of you don't have Pusbook, why not set up a group? if you go to Community ^, click on the drop-down menu, you'll see 'groups'. Then there is an option to 'create a group' where you could set-up a WoS Hibs one and chat away all you want :aok:

If I can't pm you what chance have I got of negotiating yon :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
02-07-2015, 08:58 PM
If I can't pm you what chance have I got of negotiating yon :rolleyes:

:tee hee: You can text though :agree: :greengrin Still OK for the 25th? :aok:

Ronniekirk
02-07-2015, 09:04 PM
:tee hee: You can text though :agree: :greengrin Still OK for the 25th? :aok:

Am on holiday but hoping to be back for that one Will confirm nearer time but if not defo next home game after that or am through for the fringe a couple of days early August so can arrange something then at latest :aok:

FranckSuzy
02-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Am on holiday but hoping to be back for that one Will confirm nearer time but if not defo next home game after that or am through for the fringe a couple of days early August so can arrange something then at latest :aok:

No probs :thumbsup:

Juice-Terry
02-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Sorry if posted already, but this might help: http://hibsclub.co.uk/branches/

:flag:

DH1875
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM

If that's in the regional supporter, clubs section then, it does sound like a good idea.

Ronniekirk
04-07-2015, 08:29 AM
If that's in the regional supporter, clubs section then, it does sound like a good idea.

Think you need to take over from Alf Tupper to get us organised ,as it stands there is plenty expression of interest but apart from a couple who have responded to the original branch on Facebook the rest of us are waiting on something being organised .

When is the friendly at Ayr that might be a potential game to try get a few to meet up and gomto

ian cruise
04-07-2015, 09:04 AM

Kenny how you doing? I'm not in Hamilton anymore, in East Kilbride so not too far away.

Like the others, I'd be keen for more info. Maybe get a sticky post for updates on meeting for games, travel, etc?

ALF TUPPER
04-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Think you need to take over from Alf Tupper to get us organised ,as it stands there is plenty expression of interest but apart from a couple who have responded to the original branch on Facebook the rest of us are waiting on something being organised .

When is the friendly at Ayr that might be a potential game to try get a few to meet up and gomto

Crikey... I only put the thread up on Weds evening and there's a coup already. 😂 No worries. Crack on Ronnie 👍

Best Wishes

Ronniekirk
04-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Crikey... I only put the thread up on Weds evening and there's a coup already.  No worries. Crack on Ronnie 

Best Wishes

Bit of banter :wink: Alf .I am relying on you to organise us :aok:

ALF TUPPER
05-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Thanks Ronnie. ( for the pm too)
Apologies. I think I had a sense of humour bypass yesterday. 😳.
I should try hold onto that - need it being a Hibby !!
I'll give it a go - but will need the guys to give me hand.
#GGTTH

Be in touch

DH1875
05-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Not for me. I work most saturdays so don't get to as many games as I used to, would like to. Think "the leader" should be someone who will be at most of our games so I'll leave that to you & Alf. There are other weegie based fans who haven't posted on this thread so would be good to get them on board as well.

DH1875
05-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks Ronnie. ( for the pm too)
Apologies. I think I had a sense of humour bypass yesterday. 😳.
I should try hold onto that - need it being a Hibby !!
I'll give it a go - but will need the guys to give me hand.
#GGTTH

Be in touch

Baby steps mate. Think it'll take a bit of time to get everything up and running and you won't see the benefits until we're well into the season. Think maybe the first thing would be to get the sub forum on the go and that way others can help and band some ideas about to help you out so that your not left doing it all on your own.

hibs0666
06-07-2015, 03:09 PM
We had a cracking poty in Glasgow the night of Ivans hat trick (i think). A good target for the season would be to get a planned and supported by the club.

Ronniekirk
06-07-2015, 06:04 PM
We had a cracking poty in Glasgow the night of Ivans hat trick (i think). A good target for the season would be to get a planned and supported by the club.
A planned what ? supported by the club :confused:

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 06:22 PM
A planned what ? supported by the club :confused:

Ronnie, poty = Player of the Year

Ronniekirk
06-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Ronnie, poty = Player of the Year

Cheers billy should of been able to work that out for myself but had a long day

ALF TUPPER
06-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Hi All. I'm going to be in London next week. So, If anyone fancies a pub meet in Glasgow City Centre on Friday of this week for a beer and some good old Hibs chat can you let me know and I'll organise a venue. (Apologies for short notice)
Maybe we can discuss travel to games, joining an existing supporters Club ...... or creating a new one?

If you can't manage, I'll make sure you are all kept in the loop . :aok:

Thanks everyone one for all your encouragement and suggestions.

GGTTH

DH1875
07-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Can't make it this weekend. Travel the country for work and need at least 2 weeks notice so that I can switch dates and stuff. Anyone who can't make it but is still keen should post their thoughts and ideas on here. I'll post/share mine when I get back home.

DH1875
07-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Quick question, did we establish if the west of scotland club were still active or not.

Ronniekirk
07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Quick question, did we establish if the west of scotland club were still active or not.

Got my son to go onto their face book page and he said looks like they aren't but if that's not the case would be good if someone involved with it currently can let us know
Checked Hibees Bounce and you were last to post on west of Scotland site back in 2014 unless as I am not a member it isn't giving r access to up to date posts
Think Hannahj and someone else said they had joined the W of S Facebook page so would be good to hear from them what outcome was
So think there is work to be done to get intest going again

ALF TUPPER
07-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks DH & Ronnie for the update.
Totally agree, a bit of work required but I'm confident we'll get there tho'

Mon the Hibees ! 😊

Ronniekirk
07-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks DH & Ronnie for the update.
Totally agree, a bit of work required but I'm confident we'll get there tho'

Mon the Hibees ! 
Just bAck from doing Ben Lomond got caught in downpour and mist at the top.if my legs recover I can make it on Friday for a wee while :party::no way:

ALF TUPPER
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM

I tried to contact them last week but no response so far.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 05:48 PM
I tried to contact them last week but no response so far.

What are you going to call the club?

ALF TUPPER
07-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Was hoping not to have to start a new one Billy as there is already one in our area.

Hadn't given thought to it but once we all get together , and if we do start up a new Branch, I'm sure we'll think of a suitable name. 😉 👍

ALF TUPPER
07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Just bAck from doing Ben Lomond got caught in downpour and mist at the top.if my legs recover I can make it on Friday for a wee while :party::no way:

Hahaha I reckon your due a beer or 2 after your exertions today Ronnie. 🍻

Keith_M
07-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Was hoping not to have to start a new one Billy as there is already one in our area.

Hadn't given thought to it but once we all get together , and if we do start up a new Branch, I'm sure we'll think of a suitable name.  

The Weegie Branch?

:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
07-07-2015, 07:19 PM
The Weegie Branch?

Hahahaha Keekaboo
Can picture the Sevcos faces when if we unfurled a huge banner at ER with that on it 👍

DH1875
07-07-2015, 08:42 PM
The Weegie Branch?

The weegie bunch has a nice ring about it :)

DH1875
11-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Hi All. I'm going to be in London next week. So, If anyone fancies a pub meet in Glasgow City Centre on Friday of this week for a beer and some good old Hibs chat can you let me know and I'll organise a venue. (Apologies for short notice)
Maybe we can discuss travel to games, joining an existing supporters Club ...... or creating a new one?

If you can't manage, I'll make sure you are all kept in the loop . :aok:

Thanks everyone one for all your encouragement and suggestions.

GGTTH

Did you get out last night. How many bodies turned up?

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Hi DH. Yes we met up for the inaugural meeting. 😊

There were 2 of us. Myself and Ronnie. Had a good laugh comparing Hibs' disasters and glorious victories we had witnessed over the years. Judging by the response to the thread I'm sure we can get more folk on board.

I'll organise more meets (social nights). Thinking of aiming towards travelling to ER together for the Petrofac SevcoZombie game on the supporter's tandem.

I'll update this thread and PM everyone who has shown interest so far with details. ( Probably a convoy of cars )

GGTTH

Vini1875
11-07-2015, 07:53 AM

On route to Aberdeen 2004

Essen Germany

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Fantastic !! 👍

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Hi DH. Yes we met up for the inaugural meeting. 

There were 2 of us. Myself and Ronnie. Had a good laugh comparing Hibs' disasters and glorious victories we had witnessed over the years. Judging by the response to the thread I'm sure we can get more folk on board.

I'll organise more meets (social nights). Thinking of aiming towards travelling to ER together for the Petrofac SevcoZombie game on the supporter's tandem.

I'll update this thread and PM everyone who has shown interest so far with details. ( Probably a convoy of cars )

GGTTH

sent you a pm Hannah is keen to get involved so with D H 1875 looks like we have doubled the new recruits . Let's keep the momentum going :aok:

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks Ronnie. DH 1875

Mon the Hibees !!! Mon the Westies!! 😃

southsider
11-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks Ronnie. DH 1875

Mon the Hibees !!! Mon the Westies!! 

I guys/gals took my new g/f to her first ever Hibs game last season (in fact, her first ever game !) and she totally loved it. I still live in Edinburgh but travel to Glasgow every weekend as she lives in Bishopbriggs. Keen to meet up with fellow Hibbies when games are through the west. Pub in city centre ? The Iron Horse ?

DH1875
11-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I guys/gals took my new g/f to her first ever Hibs game last season (in fact, her first ever game !) and she totally loved it. I still live in Edinburgh but travel to Glasgow every weekend as she lives in Bishopbriggs. Keen to meet up with fellow Hibbies when games are through the west. Pub in city centre ? The Iron Horse ?

Madhibby and his 3 lads (all 18+) live in Bishopbriggs so should be able to point you in the right direction. Season ticket holders though so probably be at the games lol. Iron horse aint the best place (IMO of course) to be running a Hibs supporters out off.

Just heading back home from work. Been a long week so will post my thoughts on things on here later tonight or tomorrow.

Keith_M
11-07-2015, 05:10 PM
...... Iron horse aint the best place (IMO of course) to be running a Hibs supporters out off.......

Didn't the Westies used to meet at McConnel's, in Hope Street?

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Good to have so much interest from West supporters. Looking very positive.
Please, everyone - let's have your thoughts.

#GGTTH

Mr White
11-07-2015, 07:33 PM
What are you going to call the club?

Cabbage & Chibs?

:devil:

Vini1875
11-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Branch meetings were held in MacConnells, Hope Street and the bus ran from The Station Bar on Port Dundas Road (easy access to M8). POTY do was held in MacConnells.

DH1875
11-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Branch meetings were held in MacConnells, Hope Street and the bus ran from The Station Bar on Port Dundas Road (easy access to M8). POTY do was held in MacConnells.

MacConnells is pretty much near the motorway as well. Not sure about parking though. Did someone have a tie in with the owner/manager or was it just a turn up on the day and hope for the best type thing?

On a side note, what happened to the flag Vini?

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Cabbage & Chibs?

:devil:

Steady !! 😳

😉

ALF TUPPER
12-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone for contacting me. Great response !!:thumbsup:
So far , I've sent 24 PMs to everyone who responded on the thread. ( sorry if i missed anyone - please let me know if i have and i'll add you) I was given email addresses of the WoS Branch membership. I have fired off emails to them tonight too.
I'll continue to use this thread to update everyone and will post up another update in a day or so to let you all know whats happening.

GGTTH

madhibby
12-07-2015, 10:27 PM
So far , I've sent 24 PMs to everyone who responded on the thread. ( sorry if i missed anyone - please let me know if i have and i'll add you) I was given email addresses of the WoS Branch membership. I have fired off emails to them tonight too.
I'll continue to use this thread to update everyone and will post up another update in a day or so to let you all know whats happening.

GGTTH

I have replied to your e mail as a previous/current West of Scotland Branch member. It is a long time since I paid any subscription. I’m sure we would all support the reviving of the Branch - plenty still attend Hibs games but nothing is organised via the Branch.

DH1875
13-07-2015, 11:13 AM

GGTTH

Erm..........hiya pal :I'm waiti.

ALF TUPPER
13-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Sorry DH !! Thought I had emailed or PM everyone. 😱Sorry
I'll send a wee update to you this eve. 😊

SouthEnglandHib
13-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I've just moved to Easterhouse from London so i'm interested.

Change of username now required!

monktonharp
13-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I guys/gals took my new g/f to her first ever Hibs game last season (in fact, her first ever game !) and she totally loved it. I still live in Edinburgh but travel to Glasgow every weekend as she lives in Bishopbriggs. Keen to meet up with fellow Hibbies when games are through the west. Pub in city centre ? The Iron Horse ? Don't miss the Alamo bar, when we play the buddies.:wink:

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Don't miss the Alamo bar, when we play the buddies.:wink:

And for a lot of the drinkers in there it literally is The Last Stand ,and a few don't even manage that .:wink:

ALF TUPPER
16-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Wee update folks. I've been trying to book the function room at McConnells for a wee Hibby night in the West. Despite several calls they won't confirm the booking.
It's officially a Celtc pub now and they have supporters coaches leaving from there. ( they've even nicked our pub !! )

Looks like Hibbies aren't welcome or wanted. McConnells don't seem to want our money. So, .... any thoughts of an alternative pub in the Weege City Centre. I'll contact them on my return from London.

Pencil in Friday 31 July in your diaries everyone. I'll confirm the venue soon. Please spread the word!

GGTTH

hibs0666
16-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Wee update folks. I've been trying to book the function room at McConnells for a wee Hibby night in the West. Despite several calls they won't confirm the booking.
It's officially a Celtc pub now and they have supporters coaches leaving from there. ( they've even nicked our pub !! )

Looks like Hibbies aren't welcome or wanted. McConnells don't seem to want our money. So, .... any thoughts of an alternative pub in the Weege City Centre. I'll contact them on my return from London.

Pencil in Friday 31 July in your diaries everyone. I'll confirm the venue soon. Please spread the word!

GGTTH

The Admiral on Waterloo Street has tables and booths you can book. Three minutes walk to Glasgow Central - Magic tunes too.

DH1875
16-07-2015, 04:53 PM

GGTTH

Here's the thing, McConnells is to far out the way if your expecting folk to travel from places like Ayr,Killie,Irvine etc.....your looking at somewhere close enough to Glasgow Central as it is to Glasgow Queen Street (problem with that is the ICF drink in 2 bars near queen st station on match days). I'm not sure about numbers for a bus so think to start with train could be an option which is another reason to meet near/between the stations. Rem that kids travel free with an adult on the trains and you can get the group saver if 4 or more people are travelling together. If we did end up with enough bodies to be running a bus every week then could always get it to pick up, drop off at george square.
You should look to get as many folk on board as possible. Even the guys who cant/wont be travelling with you every week. Get them all clubed together on the database network and that way if someone isn't using their ST then another branch member can use it. Also helps with away tickets in that if a member isn't taking up their option of a ticket for say Ibrox, then a branch member could take it. Also, set aside 3 dates, say the 2 Livi away games and the last home game against the Hun. Call them branch days out and insist that as many branch members travel to these 3 games as possible together as a branch. We can all travel in our smaller groups for most of the season but these 3 games will defo have a bus running type of thing and your starting to take names and numbers now. You've also got to have the christmas party and end of season party where again you try and get as many people as possible involved, even the guys who don't go every week. Like I've said before in other posts, baby steps but you will get there.

I'm not gonna make the 31st and won't be at a lot of matches because I work saturdays but I'll defo sign up and travel with you guys to the games I can make. If you take up the 3 game idea I'd try and make them as well if I've got enough notice :)

ALF TUPPER
16-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Sounds good. I picked McConnells as that's where the WoS have met in the past it seems. Open to all suggestions and support :)

SouthEnglandHib
16-07-2015, 07:38 PM
How about dow's?
Welcomed hibs fans last season before the rangers game.

DH1875
16-07-2015, 07:50 PM
How about dow's?

They always welcome us in there. Couldn't run a bus from there though as sevco fans use it as well on match days.

Ronniekirk
16-07-2015, 07:51 PM
How about dow's?
Are you talking about the one opposite Queen Street Station ,i if so it's usually busy so might be difficult to accommodate us all On the other hand if only two of us turn up the next time a phone box wil be fine :wink::wink:

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Okay folks .

I've booked Sammy Dows (next to Queen Street Station) for next Friday.:cheers:

The pub may be quite busy so I booked the function room for the evening. I'm going along to pay a £50.00 deposit to them this week. So, please come along, meet fellow Hibbies, have a laugh and a beer and hopefully we can get fired up for the season starting.

Before then ...... I hope we all enjoy this Saturday :gwa:

Thanks

Alf :wink:

ps .... can you spread the word please everyone

GGTTH

DH1875
22-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Okay folks .

The pub may be quite busy so I booked the function room for the evening. I'm going along to pay a £50.00 deposit to them this week. So, please come along, meet fellow Hibbies, have a laugh and a beer and hopefully we can get fired up for the season starting.

Thanks

GGTTH

You should post this on th tread about travelling through on Saturday ;)

Hannah_hfc
22-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Okay folks .

Thanks

GGTTH
Sounds good! Will be along!

Ronniekirk
22-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Still on holiday the now but will pick you up on the Tandem Alf :wink:

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Still on holiday the now but will pick you up on the Tandem Alf :wink:

Hahahaha Good man Ronnie. :aok:

(Hope you're enjoying your holiday - see you when you get back.)

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Sounds good! Will be along!

Thanks Hannah - see you next week :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
22-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Thanks Hannah - see you next week :thumbsup:

Will pm you tomorrow when will be in Arran

Ayrshire Hibee
23-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Okay folks .

Thanks

GGTTH

Think i will nip along and ask my son.

Train up from irvine and he will be coming up via killie

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2015, 05:10 AM
Fantastic. Will be great to meet everyone. Mon the Ayrshire Hibees ! 👍

SouthEnglandHib
23-07-2015, 07:41 AM
See you then 😀

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2015, 09:08 AM
See you then 😀

Thanks SE Hib ... see you next week. GGTTH 👍

Keith_M
23-07-2015, 01:08 PM

You know, I was gonna suggest Dows but I always thought it was a Celtc Pub, as well as always being too busy.

My Missus used to work in Queen St Stn and would meet up there with her mates (almost all Celtc minded).

p.s. If you get chatted up by a girl called Mary Jane, from Coatbrig' .... I recommend an emergency exit via the toilet windows! :wink:

Ronniekirk
23-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Just to confirm I got your pm

thebrighibs
24-07-2015, 06:09 PM
This is a great idea, always commented on the amount of Hibees who stay in Central/W of Scotland. Aim to be there!

ALF TUPPER
24-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Brighibs ! See you next week

Hannah_hfc
26-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Thought I would bump this up and say I've got possibly 2 more coming along, ones a definite. Looking forward to it!

ekhibee
26-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm in East Kilbride and have been for 22 years now. Seems there are a lot of Lanarkshire Hibees out there too, and I've seen plenty of Hibs strips around EK in the last few years.

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2015, 03:47 PM
I have had a phone call from staff at Sammy Dows. They don't want us. They don't want our £dosh.
Reason when I asked ..... They don't do football clubs. Which I know is nonsense.

So with McConnells and Sammy Dows both officially boycotted by the Tupper family, I have another venue. Its booked under a pseudonym (Phil Smith - Daft name but i think I got away with it) :greengrin
It was probably unwise to say there was a football connection in the first place - especially in the Weege. (shoolboy error)

Anyhoo, fellow Hibbies .................................. A table booked for 15- 20 (might be amibtious) now at :

Waxy O'Connors
44 West George Street
Glasgow
G2 1DH

Friday 31 July, from 7:30 - Midnight !

I'll have "WoS" notices on the table so you can find us.

Please pass on the word....................... Thanks

ps ................I'm still recovering from yesterdays performance. So, its over and out from me until Friday.

Alf (Phil)

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Thought I would bump this up and say I've got possibly 2 more coming along, ones a definite. Looking forward to it!

Great Hannah :aok:. See you on Friday:agree:

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2015, 07:28 PM
:greengrin Bump .................. :greengrin

A few Hibbies coming along on Friday. Just sayin like :thumbsup:

thebrighibs
26-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Still aiming to be there. Keep the good work going; I brought another £200 of Hibs shares after the result yesterday. Sheer defiance.

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Still aiming to be there. Keep the good work going; I brought another £200 of Hibs shares after the result yesterday. Sheer defiance.

:top marks Good Stuff BrigHibs. Buying shares was furthest from my mind on Saturday :greengrin

cleanyman
27-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Waxy's is a rugby bar.

Expensive for a drink as well.

I may pop along.

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Well done to the west coast Hibees on this, and be sure to tell all the Huns you know, Scott Allan cannae go!

bigwheel
27-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Well done to the west coast Hibees on this, and be sure to tell all the Huns you know, Scott Allan cannae go!

Maybe Hibs could send Scott Allan as a players rep to your get together?

:)

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Maybe Hibs could send Scott Allan as a players rep to your get together?

:)

Good idea. Why don't you, Alf? Photies on Twitter etc ;-)

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 12:51 PM

:tee hee: We'll take a pic of the group on Friday and maybe someone who is clever with photoshop can be creative in the event Scott A cannae make it. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Alf, have you considered sending a formal request to Hibs for Allan to turn up at your function?

southsider
27-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Alf, have you considered sending a formal request to Hibs for Allan to turn up at your function?

He will be in bed. Game next day. lol

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 01:38 PM

hahahaha
Will do it now Keekaboo :greengrin

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:39 PM
He will be in bed. Game next day. lol

Well, he told me he's at the Orange Lodge in Brigton that day anyway, so he might be able to make it on the way home

:wink:

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Okay. :thumbsup:

Ive sent a formal email request to Hibernian inviting a player along on Friday night to help promote the Supporters Group. Ive specifically requested Scott Allan.

I'll put up the response ( if i get one )

:aok:

DH1875
27-07-2015, 03:44 PM

Ive sent a formal email request to Hibernian inviting a player along on Friday night to help promote the Supporters Group. Ive specifically requested Scott Allan.

Will he no be at the rangers game?
Remember guys, plenty of orcs will be hanging round because of the links to the subway and queen street station. Maybe why Dows cancelled at late notice? Last time we were in there a group of the hun basa turned up and starting singing yams songs. Defo looking for trouble but didn't get any. The barmaid had a body to die for though :). Gutted I'm missing out this time round :(

stewa429
27-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Very pleased to see hibs fans in the west getting together always been a passionate support I will be there if possible ggtth

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Didn't the Rangers Casuals used to hang about at Waxy O'Connors?

I definitely remember lamping one of them outside there a few years ago, on the way back from ER. Wasn't my fault, we got beat and I was still grumpy.

Matty_Jack04
27-07-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm gonna miss this! Already got a night out on Friday, Alf could u keep me posted for future get togetherness I'd be right up for this not too certain how many games il make a year tho

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm gonna miss this! Already got a night out on Friday, Alf could u keep me posted for future get togetherness I'd be right up for this not too certain how many games il make a year tho

Sure Matty. I'll keep you in the loop 👍

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Very pleased to see hibs fans in the west getting together always been a passionate support I will be there if possible ggtth

Hey Stewa429. Will be good to see you along if you can manage.
#GGTTH :)

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Didn't the Rangers Casuals used to hang about at Waxy O'Connors?

I definitely remember lamping one of them outside there a few years ago, on the way back from ER. Wasn't my fault, we got beat and I was still grumpy.

Course it wasn't your fault. Innocent in my book ! I hope you didn't damage your fist. Hahahahaha 😂

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Will he no be at the rangers game?
Remember guys, plenty of orcs will be hanging round because of the links to the subway and queen street station. Maybe why Dows cancelled at late notice? Last time we were in there a group of the hun basa turned up and starting singing yams songs. Defo looking for trouble but didn't get any. The barmaid had a body to die for though :). Gutted I'm missing out this time round :(

We'll be fine if Keekaboo is goin. He'll sort them out 😉 Hahahaha

Matty_Jack04
27-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Alf can you keep me posted on any future meets please mate I can't make this one but would be interested for any others 👍

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Alf can you keep me posted on any future meets please mate I can't make this one but would be interested for any others 👍

Sure Matty - no problem . I'll keep you in the loop. 👍

Keith_M
28-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Course it wasn't your fault. Innocent in my book ! I hope you didn't damage your fist. Hahahahaha 

Thanks, if it ever comes to court, you'll be called up as my defence.

southsider
28-07-2015, 02:11 PM
My misses and I will see you all Friday. Any other girls going ?

Hibernia&Alba
28-07-2015, 05:03 PM

I think we can guess Scott Allan's response........

ALF TUPPER
31-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Final rallying call (and reminder) to WoS folks.

Booked a table for 20 tonight from 7:30pm. (We might surpass that figure - which would be great).

Anyhoo, looking forward to meeting fellow Hibbies tonight in Waxys

Remember, .... the booking is under the pseudonym of 'Phil Smith' .

#GGTTH

DH1875
31-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Hope it all goes well and you get good numbers. Gutted to miss out hopefully the next one will be a saturday night.

ALF TUPPER
31-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Thanks DH1875. Judging by the response there may be quite a few coming along. I'm sure we'll be organising more events. I'll be sure to let you know 👍

GGTTH

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks DH1875. Judging by the response there may be quite a few coming along. I'm sure we'll be organising more events. I'll be sure to let you know 👍

GGTTH

As I mentioned on another thread earlier Alf I'm on babysitting duties tonight so can't make it. Looks like its going to be good numbers. All the best tonight and look forward to being involved in the future

WHAM
31-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Evening folks.

I'm also a West Coast based Hibby. Grew up in Haddington but been through here since 2004 and currently live in Robroyston.

Tbh I normally meet up with mates from East Lothian before matches but good to see something getting organised in Glasgow and would be good to have company travelling to games. I would have attended tonight but unfortunately having to sit in with the wife and our newborn son (who WILL be following in his old man's and forefather's footsteps' in supporting the famous Edinburgh green and white).

Hopefully tonight goes well and I'll definitely keep an eye out for future events. 👍

GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
31-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Evening folks.

I'm also a West Coast based Hibby. Grew up in Haddington but been through here since 2004 and currently live in Robroyston.

Tbh I normally meet up with mates from East Lothian before matches but good to see something getting organised in Glasgow and would be good to have company travelling to games. I would have attended tonight but unfortunately having to sit in with the wife and our newborn son (who WILL be following in his old man's and forefather's footsteps' in supporting the famous Edinburgh green and white).

Hopefully tonight goes well and I'll definitely keep an eye out for future events. 

GGTTH

Thanks WHAM. Hopefully you'll be able to join us in the future! # GGTTH

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 09:19 PM
How did/is it going Alf?

Billy Whizz
31-07-2015, 09:29 PM
How did/is it going Alf?

Probably too sizzled to post

Ronniekirk
31-07-2015, 09:30 PM
How did/is it going Alf?

He will still be at the event and will post something when back or first thing tomorrow knowing Alf .

i could not go but he was hoping to get around 20 plus attending tonight ,with at least another ten who would of liked to go but couldn't ?
Miserable weather but hopefully a good turn out .The main objective was to test whether there were numbers of hibees in the west out there that would be willing to start meeting up,and then take things from there .
Initial signs are there is support and folk are willing to get involved and see where this takes us :wink:

hibee_nation
31-07-2015, 09:31 PM
If you are meeting in Glasgow tomorrow, i'll be getting the Gourock train to the central about lunch time, normally stop for a drink in counting house or auctioneers. Hope tonight was a roaring success. GGTTH

Ronniekirk
31-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Probably too sizzled to post

He doesn't drink alcohol ,unlike me:agree:

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 09:37 PM
He will still be at the event and will post something when back or first thing tomorrow knowing Alf .

i could not go but he was hoping to get around 20 plus attending tonight ,with at least another ten who would of liked to go but couldn't ?
Miserable weather but hopefully a good turn out .The main objective was to test whether there were numbers of hibees in the west out there that would be willing to start meeting up,and then take things from there .
Initial signs are there is support and folk are willing to get involved and see where this takes us :wink:

Thanks Ronnie . yeh sounds like it could take off which would be great news for us all

FranckSuzy
31-07-2015, 11:06 PM
How did/is it going Alf?

A friend who was there said about 20 folk made it and it was a great night :aok:

DH1875
01-08-2015, 06:57 AM
A friend who was there said about 20 folk made it and it was a great night :aok:

Magic :)

James.
01-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Good to hear. Well done Alf. Hopefully will be able to join you guys soon :aok:

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 07:27 AM

Good News.

southsider
01-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Really sorry we could not make it last night. Looking forward to the next time. GGTTH.

ALF TUPPER
01-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Big thank you to everyone who managed along last night.
There were 16 of us in Waxys last night. From.... the Weege, Bishopbriggs, Wishaw and Ayrshire (was particularly well represented) . Brilliant effort guys! Thanks
I think it's fair to say we all had a good time. :greengrin

We'll defo be organising more events, in particular, of course, trips to see the Hibees.

With the "Westies" growing in numbers again .... we're definitely back !! :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Dinkydoo
26-09-2015, 01:22 PM
So I've recently moved to Glasgow and I'd quite like to meet up with some hibbys/arrange to go to games/grab a few beers in the pub to watch any televised games.

October is looking like a pretty busy month for me but none-the-less, I'd be happy to swap mobile numbers via pm if anyone is interested.

SouthEnglandHib
26-09-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm in easterhouse and will be at the dumbarton game if you fancy a beer or two

DH1875
26-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Could we not maybe arrange a bus or something for the rangers game? Plenty of notice and while everyone wont make it I'm sure that most could given its already gonna be a massive game. Even if we cant get a bus, arrange for those travelling through on the train to travel together and maybe have a branch meet after it.

SouthEnglandHib
12-10-2015, 01:20 AM
Would take a lot of organising but if someone has the time?

Train/lifts to home games would probably be easier way to start, get people going on the same trains

southsider
13-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Would take a lot of organising but if someone has the time?

Train/lifts to home games would probably be easier way to start, get people going on the same trains

I plan to stay in Glasgow on the Saturday night. My misses and I plan to get the 10am train from Queen St to Edinburgh on the Sunday morning. I expect the train will be full of crème buns so any other Hibs fans are welcome.

Vini1875
14-10-2015, 09:05 PM
What about meeting up/ bus for the Raith game in Kirkcaldy? Away games make easier meet ups/buses. There was a load of westies down at Dumfries, good wee day out. Kirkcaldy is another decent wee trip.