PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the TV rights to Hibs games?

Dan Sarf
01-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Got a horrible feeling it's BT, just when I was hoping to cancel my broadband with them. Please tell me it ain't so?

Centre Hawf
01-07-2015, 01:25 PM
The sad thing is I think there's a deal for both Sky and BT to have them. Just depends on who has first choice. So the nature of it is we won't know what channel we're on but it'll most likely be BT as they seem to have taken a lot of our games over the past 2 seasons.

dangermouse
01-07-2015, 01:33 PM
We only have 5 to worry about and they're all against The Rangers 2 of which are away from home. Doubt Sky or BT will be interested in any of the other games. BBC Alba may want a couple for a Friday night though.

I'd expect maximum of 32 of our league games to be Saturday at 3PM

Billy Whizz
01-07-2015, 02:22 PM
We only have 5 to worry about and they're all against The Rangers 2 of which are away from home. Doubt Sky or BT will be interested in any of the other games. BBC Alba may want a couple for a Friday night though.

Alba is usually a Saturday at 5.30 I think

Dan Sarf
01-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for info!

Looks like I will have to stay with xxxxxxx BT
:bsod:

hfc rd
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM

I'm sure a couple of midweek games will be happening.

DavieRoy
03-07-2015, 10:14 AM
In terms of Scottish Championship rights;

Sky Sports have 5 Rangers games (two of which can be at Ibrox)

BT Sport have 10 Rangers games (three of which can be at Ibrox)

BBC Alba have 16 live games from the bottom three leagues but not Rangers games. They can show maximum of two games at any one ground per season.

Highlights - there is no agreement on Scottish Championship highlights it is more on an ad hoc basis. By the end of last season, Sky and BBC were regularly sending to the big three anyway.

So basically, all 4 Rangers games will be on TV either on Sky or BT while BBC Alba will take two home games and maybe a few away.

Dan Sarf
03-07-2015, 10:37 AM
In terms of Scottish Championship rights;

Sky Sports have 5 Rangers games (two of which can be at Ibrox)

BT Sport have 10 Rangers games (three of which can be at Ibrox)

BBC Alba have 16 live games from the bottom three leagues but not Rangers games. They can show maximum of two games at any one ground per season.

Highlights - there is no agreement on Scottish Championship highlights it is more on an ad hoc basis. By the end of last season, Sky and BBC were regularly sending to the big three anyway.

So basically, all 4 Rangers games will be on TV either on Sky or BT while BBC Alba will take two home games and maybe a few away.

Thanks for info! Profoundly hate BT but may have to keep them.

DavieRoy
03-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks for info! Profoundly hate BT but may have to keep them.

Makes a change from Sky!!!

I reckons it will be two games on each. Given the rights, BT are more likely to have the Ibrox games but I could be wrong.

KWJ
03-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Cancel BT and head to the pub for those games.

Or a wee trip up to the 'Burgh

:thumbsup:

Dan Sarf
03-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Cancel BT and head to the pub for those games.

Or a wee trip up to the 'Burgh

:thumbsup:

I'd come home in a heartbeat but my wife can't stand the cold and refuses to come with me. So obviously it's out the question.

Oh wait...

:flag:

LancashireHibby
03-07-2015, 09:53 PM
In the process of changing our broadband to BT and it comes with BT Sport free of charge so I'm hoping they get the lion's share of our games!

Galahibby
04-07-2015, 09:22 AM
In the process of changing our broadband to BT and it comes with BT Sport free of charge so I'm hoping they get the lion's share of our games!

I just changed to BT, and that was a factor. Got an email a couple of days later saying they were going to start charging for it. Conning gits! :fuming:

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
I just changed to BT, and that was a factor. Got an email a couple of days later saying they were going to start charging for it. Conning gits! :fuming:

I've been with BT for a while and there's been no word from them that I'm going to start getting charged. If they do I will leave through contract breach

w pilton hibby
04-07-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm with BT for broadband and also get the free BT Sports pack. They are proposing to charge me £5 per month for the Champions League games.

This charge would be waived if I take their TV package or if I opt for BT Spot Lie.

As per email below:

This season BT Sport is the only place you'll be able to watch the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League live. They're no longer on Sky Sports or ITV.

Your BT Sport Pack

You'll find both competitions on BT Sport Europe. It's a brand new channel in your BT Sport Pack, which already includes Barclays Premier League football, The FA Cup, MotoGP™ and European rugby.

If you do nothing, your BT Sport Pack will cost £5 a month from 1 August 2015.

But you can get the BT Sport Pack for free by taking BT TV. You can keep it on your app and online player and watch it on your big screen as well. BT TV is available subscription-free for 12 months and comes with a YouView box.

BT Sport Pack

BT Sport 1, BT Sport Europe, BT Sport 2 and BT Sport ESPN

All this and more:

UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup, European rugby, MotoGP™ and much more

BT Sport Lite

If you want to continue watching BT Sport for free without taking BT TV, you can downgrade to BT Sport Lite – our basic pack with access to BT Sport 1 only. But you would miss out on the UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup, European rugby, MotoGP™ and much more. Click here to downgrade.

BT Sport Lite

BT Sport 1

Includes:

Barclays Premier League, Aviva Premiership Rugby and SPFL

Galahibby
04-07-2015, 10:43 AM
I've been with BT for a while and there's been no word from them that I'm going to start getting charged. If they do I will leave through contract breach

Not sure how to screenshot the email, but this explains the various changes. There seems to be different price changes depending on what package you have. I just have the broadband so it would be a fiver a month if I hadn't cancelled it. It's not the price so much as the moving of the goalposts that's hacked me off.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2015/06/beat-bt-sports-price-rise

Billy Whizz
09-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Thought we might have heard something about TV games for August and September. The only league games announced for TV so far are the opening week in the Premiership

liamh2202
09-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Not sure how to screenshot the email, but this explains the various changes. There seems to be different price changes depending on what package you have. I just have the broadband so it would be a fiver a month if I hadn't cancelled it. It's not the price so much as the moving of the goalposts that's hacked me off.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2015/06/beat-bt-sports-price-rise

I have BT TV as well although I still need to watch BT through the app as I don't have infinity broadband so it seems I won't have to pay reading that email above