PDA

View Full Version : Trip Advisor

maturehibby
30-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Was on it today and was asked to give a report on a visit to Tynecastle Stadium .
Resisted the callas I have only been in it once since Mercer and that was for the semi -final against St Johnstone,
So dont feel I can give a honest appraisal as its 8 years on and I am sure that they will have spruced it up considerably and modernised it from my visit .
can someone who has been there recently may feel that they can put a post about it :wink::wink::aok:

Baldy Foghorn
30-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Was on it today and was asked to give a report on a visit to Tynecastle Stadium .
Resisted the callas I have only been in it once since Mercer and that was for the semi -final against St Johnstone,
So dont feel I can give a honest appraisal as its 8 years on and I am sure that they will have spruced it up considerably and modernised it from my visit .
can someone who has been there recently may feel that they can put a post about it :wink::wink::aok:

Ramshackle substandard arena in the Edinburgh ghettos

3pm
30-06-2015, 05:23 PM
It's a ****hole. So is Gorgie.

MSK
30-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Flea ridden, rodent infested toilet, populated by six fingered banjo plucking neanderthals

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Believe it or not, that cesspit actually won an award from Trip Advisor recently due to positive reviews. Genuinely one of the saddest things I've ever heard as it can only be hearts fans going on and giving it positive reviews for that to happen. Absolute losers.

Hannah_hfc
30-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Believe it or not, that cesspit actually won an award from Trip Advisor recently due to positive reviews. Genuinely one of the saddest things I've ever heard as it can only be hearts fans going on and giving it positive reviews for that to happen. Absolute losers.

Even more sad is their reviews of Easter Road...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Even more sad is their reviews of Easter Road...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Their obsession knows no bounds sadly

givescotlandfreedom
30-06-2015, 06:36 PM

It's even better now. Charming antique dust has formed on the twinkling asbestos, dark, beast loitering areas around the lavatory have formed more discreet shadows with dispensable sweets more accessible and the prevalent shade of pink has now merged into a more beautiful 'mould pink' shade. A real treat for the sex offender/charity thief in your life.

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Tynecastle stadium can be found to the west of Edinburgh's magnificent world heritage site Georgian New Town. Unfortunately any comparison between the two ends there.

As you leave the west end and head into the run down Gorgie area the feeling grows that you must keep a tight grip on your belongings, it is recommended that this trip is not made on foot, but if you do want to do so you will feel safer as part of a large group during the day. Due to its location off the main ( Gorgie ) road the stadium can be hard to locate, however if you look down each road as you walk along you will eventually see a large maroon and white sign with 'Tynecastle Stadium' written on it ..... The style of the writing would be more appropriate over a run down saloon in a spaghetti western, however do not be confused, this is indeed the home of Heart of Midlothian FC.

On the day we visited the club were at home in a Scottish Championship game. Entering the stadium we were surprised to note that the concourse of the end stand we were in was open to the elements and there was a strange smell which couldn't be ignored. We eventually found our way through the poorly lit concourse ( only some bulbs appeared to be working ) to our seats, they were very cramped and of a pink colour, the original maroon having long since faded. We were still grateful not to be sitting in the rickety looking and optimistically titled 'main stand' which horrifyingly appeared to have netting slung from the roof to stop bits falling off it and hitting the patrons below.

By about half way through the game several of our party were pretty keen to leave, being less than impressed by the home teams agricultural approach to the beautiful game ...... we did manage to make them stay until half way through the second half, however one of our party pointed out whisps of smoke coming from one of the floodlight pylons and we decided that it was time to go.

Overall a depressing stadium in a run down area, we were surprised later on to see in the paper that the crowd was 15,000 it looked a lot less than that to us. We cannot comment on the catering as we felt it would not be wise to try any of the fare on offer as we still had 3 days of our holiday to go.

Not recommended !

iwasthere1972
30-06-2015, 07:56 PM

The stadium is a midden but the adjoining 5 star luxury hotel is absolutely fantastic. Eh haud oan a minute.

Cod Boy
30-06-2015, 07:58 PM
The facilties for the champions league winners are second to none.

Aldo
30-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Asbestos ridden *****hole with a main stand that wouldn't be amiss in junior football from the dark ages!

In a word a total ****ing dump full of ****ing grade a yam roasters!

There that's better.

Chibs
30-06-2015, 08:15 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.
My advice avoid at all cost.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIxHgxoVXhsZy8ZHFTQ67DaKIt9HGua TQp53ytDLH3ylUYBFy5MA

SteveHFC
30-06-2015, 08:25 PM
The facilties for the champions league winners are second to none.

Their £51M main stand is the best for atmosphere and to parade their world cup signings.

Bostonhibby
30-06-2015, 08:27 PM
John Robertson suite. British football's only dual purpose calor gas facility for cooking and heating. Closed on really warm days as the flat roof starts melting.