PDA

View Full Version : Subthread: 'Fans' - hypothetically...

TheFamous1875
30-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Just had a wee glimpse at the 'Fans' thread and it got me thinking: if we were in, say, Aberdeen's position (upward trajectory that shows no signs of slowing down), how would you think our attendances would fair if it was us in that position? What's you're reasons for your answer and how'd you think we could achieve this/improve upon it?

:gwa:GGTTH.

bill the hibby
30-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Near sellouts for cat A games, 15k-ish for games against others...when a team are in a high position in the top division and are playing well it's only natural that it attracts more fans...I believe we are in the process of trying to achieve this goal. Although Cat A games weren't near sellouts in the mowbray era I do believe that was because we were an established spl side who were never really in danger of relegation at that time however I think if we were to be promoted less fans would take being an spl (spfl) team for granted. I hope this makes sense as it did in my head haha

GreenArmyyy!
01-07-2015, 08:05 PM
No way, the Mowbray era were the highest crowds we will get to consistently in my opinion. Our fans are poor at home unless it is a 'big game'.

bill the hibby
01-07-2015, 08:42 PM
No way, the Mowbray era were the highest crowds we will get to consistently in my opinion. Our fans are poor at home unless it is a 'big game'.

That's fair enough, hard to know unless we manage to get ourselves in that position, which I hope we eventually can

jacomo
02-07-2015, 08:42 PM
That's fair enough, hard to know unless we manage to get ourselves in that position, which I hope we eventually can

You never know, we might actually fulfil our potential one day.

Just imagine if Pat had stayed on til the end of the season, we'd have finished in our customary 7 or 8 position, LD had come in and then she had made the changes she has. Sigh...