PDA

View Full Version : Sleaford Mods

Northernhibee
29-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Most important band in years and years. Why has it taken two 40-somethings with a laptop and a microphone to finally create some proper angry music?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02v3gfw/glastonbury-2015-sleaford-mods

Aldo
30-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Outstanding. Highlight of Glastonbury for me!!

The_Horde
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM
What a load of ****.

Carheenlea
02-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Love 'em.
Seen them twice - Electric Circus and over in Amsterdam, both last November. Have tickets for their gig at La Belle Angel later in year (October I think).

Northernhibee
15-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Just been to see them live, the most punk thing I've seen in ten years. Outstanding.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Mary from Eastenders is the most punk thing I've seen in the last 30 odd years, I don't feel I'm missing anything.

stevie-bee
16-10-2015, 09:44 PM
They remind of a band can't think of who ,

Northernhibee
16-10-2015, 10:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NF-Y9JP0o

IMO the highlight of the new album and sounded great last night.

stevie-bee
16-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Got it the streets

Moulin Yarns
17-10-2015, 08:15 AM
What were they doing on a music show is the main question, as there was no music from them, just shouting.

CropleyWasGod
17-10-2015, 10:50 AM
What were they doing on a music show is the main question, as there was no music from them, just shouting.
Are you my Dad? 😊

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
17-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Are you my Dad? 

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:dunno:

If pressing the spacebar on a laptop and then drinking a pint for the next 4 minutes is what is now classed as music then I give up going to live gigs.

patch1875
17-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I like to listen to lots of different types of music but they are awful.

Northernhibee
17-10-2015, 05:19 PM
The single most important band in the last ten years IMO. All we've seen in the last decade is ****s with haircuts and a Topman loyalty card pretend they know what a Les Paul is and sing songs about drinking lemonade and **** all else, this is real angry music with something to say and takes out of the landfill indie era.

Moulin Yarns
17-10-2015, 05:30 PM
The single most important band in the last ten years IMO. All we've seen in the last decade is ****s with haircuts and a Topman loyalty card pretend they know what a Les Paul is and sing songs about drinking lemonade and **** all else, this is real angry music with something to say and takes out of the landfill indie era.

I heard something about them on the radio this morning and they were described as marmite. I also think marmite is *****.

patch1875
17-10-2015, 06:06 PM

You've not been looking very hard then! They come across as one of those bands that people say they like but probably really don't, not sure they are going to be remembered in 10 years time.

Suppose they are good in the fact they are causing lots of discussion.

Hiber-nation
17-10-2015, 06:43 PM

Agree that British indie music has been utter pish for years. But I'm glad I'm 57 and don't have to even try and like them. Unlistenable as far as I'm concerned.

Mr White
17-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Unlistenable as far as I'm concerned.

:agree:

Carheenlea
13-11-2015, 09:17 PM
:dunno:

If pressing the spacebar on a laptop and then drinking a pint for the next 4 minutes is what is now classed as music then I give up going to live gigs.

The man who compiles the loops and beats is Andrew Fearn, and he has done all his work beforehand so why go through the pretence of appearing to do it live like so many acts do - he is entitled to enjoy his pint and nod along while Jason Williamson spits out his lyrics to the backing tracks IMO :greengrin Call it anti-music if you like.

Not everyone`s cup of tea but I am a big admirer of their work. Interesting to see the difference a year made as in November last year I saw them in The Electric Circus for a blistering show that was far from sold out, then a few weeks ago saw them again in La Belle Angel where a considerably larger crowd was in attendance at what was quite an impressive sized venue. Can`t remember La Belle Angel being as big pre fire?

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2015, 10:30 PM
The man who compiles the loops and beats is Andrew Fearn, and he has done all his work beforehand so why go through the pretence of appearing to do it live like so many acts do - he is entitled to enjoy his pint and nod along while Jason Williamson spits out his lyrics to the backing tracks IMO :greengrin Call it anti-music if you like.

Not everyone`s cup of tea but I am a big admirer of their work. Interesting to see the difference a year made as in November last year I saw them in The Electric Circus for a blistering show that was far from sold out, then a few weeks ago saw them again in La Belle Angel where a considerably larger crowd was in attendance at what was quite an impressive sized venue. Can`t remember La Belle Angel being as big pre fire?

Did La Belle Angel go on fire? I thought it was the Liquid Rooms that had the fire?

Scouse Hibee
14-11-2015, 12:24 AM
Did La Belle Angel go on fire? I thought it was the Liquid Rooms that had the fire?

Yeah it suffered huge damage in the Cowgate fire.

Carheenlea
14-11-2015, 09:33 AM

Yes, the big fire in 2002 that destroyed also The Gilded Ballon and other properties in the Cowgate. The venue now holds 600 which is a decent enough size. It looked like it could take a bigger capacity than that to be fair.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2015, 12:34 PM

Yes, the big fire in 2002 that destroyed also The Gilded Ballon and other properties in the Cowgate. The venue now holds 600 which is a decent enough size. It looked like it could take a bigger capacity than that to be fair.

Of course, had forgotten all about that..............

Loopz
03-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Stocking filler for Xmas. Look at the price it was meant to be :wink:

http://www.alice-wonderland.net/bracketpress/BOOKS/sleaford_mods_BOOK.htm

Carheenlea
04-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Their Jools Holland debut makes it into Jools' top ten memorable "Later" performances in it's 23 year run.
http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/oasis-amy-winehouse-paul-mccartney-jools-holland-picks-his-10-most-memorable-later-performances