PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam

ekhibee
27-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Just been listening to him on Sportsound. Very honest, despite his success in the game, not a Billy Bigtime at all IMO. Didn't know he was a St Mirren fan, and pointed out how glad he was to get out of the goldfish bowl and Rangers.

bod
27-06-2015, 02:57 PM
never heard it but it thought he was a Dundee fan ? turned out for them down at crystal palace for that testimonial for their goalie a few weeks back

Onceinawhile
27-06-2015, 04:11 PM
never heard it but it thought he was a Dundee fan ? turned out for them down at crystal palace for that testimonial for their goalie a few weeks back

Think him and speroni played together at Dundee?

hfc rd
27-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Think him and speroni played together at Dundee?

I'm sure he only played for rangers. Or unless Speroni asked him to play in the testimonial. Just like how Ian Murray got both Patrick Viera & Robert Pires to play in his.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm sure he only played for rangers. Or unless Speroni asked him to play in the testimonial. Just like how Ian Murray got both Patrick Viera & Robert Pires to play in his.

He played for Dundee as a youth before he signed for Rangers, around the time Speroni was there. He was brought up in Fintry so every chance he's a Dundee fan.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2015, 04:37 PM
He still ha a house in Blackpool by all accounts, and he certainly was a Billy big baws when he played for them. Maybe he's a bit different now he's earnt his life changing signing on fee and wages, but when he was at Blackpool believe me he was an erse.

Mind you he's nowhere near as bad as that complete bellend Paul Stewart formally of Blackpool Tottenham and Man City. :rolleyes:

Lago
27-06-2015, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4404128 still ha a house in Blackpool by all accounts, and he certainly was a Billy big baws when he played for them. Maybe he's a bit different now he's earnt his life changing signing on fee and wages, but when he was at Blackpool believe me he was an erse.

Mind you he's nowhere near as bad as that complete bellend Paul Stewart formally of Blackpool Tottenham and Man City. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Paul Stewart, so well known I've never heard of him.

3pm
27-06-2015, 04:55 PM
He still ha a house in Blackpool by all accounts, and he certainly was a Billy big baws when he played for them. Maybe he's a bit different now he's earnt his life changing signing on fee and wages, but when he was at Blackpool believe me he was an erse.

Mind you he's nowhere near as bad as that complete bellend Paul Stewart formally of Blackpool Tottenham and Man City. :rolleyes:

There's a name of the past. Liverpool and Spurs if I recall.

Did he play for Citeh as well?!

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2015, 05:27 PM
There's a name of the past. Liverpool and Spurs if I recall.

Did he play for Citeh as well?!

Aye City too, i'd actually forgotten he played for Liverpool. He's well known round these parts for having the same problems as a recent ex Hibs centre forward.

His behavior when playing behind us he other week was abysmal, we were being held up by a couple of 4 balls in front who were both playing in a comp, the 4 ball behind us kept shouting for us to hurry up and were firing balls up to and past us before we'd taken our 2nd and 3rd shots.

My mate had enough after it happened for the 3d time, and walked back and gave them a bollocking. He also waited for them at the 18th to do it again right in front of a big crowd sitting on the outside bar.

Apparently he has a habit of annoying folk at that course, and had been warned about his behavior before, and he's been requested to appear in front of the committee again.

He's a dick.:rolleyes:

DH1875
27-06-2015, 05:28 PM
He played for Dundee as a youth before he signed for Rangers, around the time Speroni was there. He was brought up in Fintry so every chance he's a Dundee fan.

Why would growing up in Fintry make you a Dundee fan? Unless there's another place called Fintry, it miles away.

Ray_
27-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Paul Stewart, so well known I've never heard of him.

here's some help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stewart_(footballer,_born_1964)

Famous Fiver
27-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Off topic but highlight of the programme was when Chick Young took a cheap shot at Ian Murray because he was not at a pre arranged free transfer match at Braidwood.

Quick as a flash Ian replied 'Chick, I thought you were at Ibrox'.

Silence from BBC's finest!!!

micka_weer
27-06-2015, 05:53 PM
My mates a Blackpool fan and was down there for a special memorial lunch or something like that. He spent some time talking to Adam, said he was an absolute tool. Ruined it for him apparently

LancsHibs
27-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Aye City too, i'd actually forgotten he played for Liverpool. He's well known round these parts for having the same problems as a recent ex Hibs centre forward.

His behavior when playing behind us he other week was abysmal, we were being held up by a couple of 4 balls in front who were both playing in a comp, the 4 ball behind us kept shouting for us to hurry up and were firing balls up to and past us before we'd taken our 2nd and 3rd shots.

My mate had enough after it happened for the 3d time, and walked back and gave them a bollocking. He also waited for them at the 18th to do it again right in front of a big crowd sitting on the outside bar.

Apparently he has a habit of annoying folk at that course, and had been warned about his behavior before, and he's been requested to appear in front of the committee again.

He's a dick.:rolleyes:

Paul Stewart lived in Poulton G, remember seeing him and Gascoigne out drinking in the Thatched back in the day they were at Spurs together.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Why would growing up in Fintry make you a Dundee fan? Unless there's another place called Fintry, it miles away.

There's a scheme called Fintry in Dundee.

It's produced a few footballers down the years: Derek Johnstone, Stephen Glass, Scott Robertson and Charlies senior and junior.

DH1875
27-06-2015, 06:18 PM
There's a scheme called Fintry in Dundee.

It's produced a few footballers down the years: Derek Johnstone, Stephen Glass, Scott Robertson and Charlies senior and junior.

My bad, but could you no have just said Dundee :)

Lago
27-06-2015, 06:35 PM
here's some help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stewart_(footballer,_born_1964)
Really going back in time with this guy, still don't remember him but I did spend the majority of the 1960s in the merchant navy.

Mcpakeisgod
27-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Off topic but highlight of the programme was when Chick Young took a cheap shot at Ian Murray because he was not at a pre arranged free transfer match at Braidwood.

Quick as a flash Ian replied 'Chick, I thought you were at Ibrox'.

Silence from BBC's finest!!!

What programme mate ?

IWasThere2016
27-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Charlie is a great guy. Kindly, got me a signed Rangers top for a dying pal. Dundee diehard.

RIP Bestie
27-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Spent time on loan with St Mirren when at Rangers

IWasThere2016
27-06-2015, 08:32 PM
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/05/28/life-long-dundee-fan-charlie-adam-dedicates-speroni-goal-to-late-father/

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Really going back in time with this guy, still don't remember him but I did spend the majority of the 1960s in the merchant navy.

:confused: Do you mean the 80's?

WellingtonHibby
28-06-2015, 04:55 AM

Read he was a dundee fanatic. He contacted dundee to play as he wanted to play for them

Lago
28-06-2015, 09:45 AM
:confused: Do you mean the 80's?
My bad, read It as having played in the 60's, shows the impression he made on me.:agree:

johnbc70
28-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Sure Stewart is an answer to a quiz question as he played in London Derby, Merseyside Derby, Manchester Derby and Glasgow Derby. Maybe another as well.

Smartie
28-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Sure Stewart is an answer to a quiz question as he played in London Derby, Merseyside Derby, Manchester Derby and Glasgow Derby. Maybe another as well.

Paul Stewart didn't play in the Glasgow one did he?

I know what you mean though, he is a popular quiz answer for his derby participation. The other one is (I think) Andrei Kanchelskis.

I love info about obscure footballers either being billy big-baws bampots or total gentlemen.

johnbc70
28-06-2015, 01:03 PM

I know what you mean though, he is a popular quiz answer for his derby participation. The other one is (I think) Andrei Kanchelskis.

I love info about obscure footballers either being billy big-baws bampots or total gentlemen.

Your right he never played in the Glasgow Derby!

Eyrie
28-06-2015, 03:30 PM

I don't think Kanchelskis played in the London derby, but he did play in derbies for Everton, Man United and Huns RIP.

Famous Fiver
28-06-2015, 04:24 PM
McPakeisgod

Saturday afternoon Sports programme on Radio Scotland. Don't know it's name but was on from 2 til 5.
Most of the usual suspects featured. Some terrible dross Was gardening and had it on in the background. Would have been better listening to the weeds growing!!

Mr White
28-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think Kanchelskis played in the London derby, but he did play in derbies for Everton, Man United and Huns RIP.

Michael ball played in those 3 too but for city instead of utd of course.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Michael ball played in those 3 too but for city instead of utd of course.

Craig Bellamy may have played in all three too.

Mr White
28-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Craig Bellamy may have played in all three too.

Aye he probably did :agree: