PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Purple.

HappyHibby93
27-06-2015, 11:35 AM
A purple away kit is long over due, the green and purple striped kit is personnel favourite. Bring Back Purple!

scuttle
27-06-2015, 11:39 AM
A purple away kit is long over due, the green and purple striped kit is personnel favourite. Bring Back Purple!

Rumour has it its on its way

HappyHibby93
27-06-2015, 11:41 AM
fingers crossed!

scoopyboy
27-06-2015, 11:43 AM
fingers crossed!

You're a bit late with your plea to bring back purple, you really need to do it before they make them.

Fortunately for you it is purple.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Purple is on the way. About time too.

ads913
27-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Yip and with some yellow stripes on the shoulders

Haymaker
27-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Yas! :hyper

3pm
27-06-2015, 06:05 PM
I always prefer a white away top.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2015, 06:07 PM

I'd expect us still to use the white top from this season as well. The bottle green will be an issue against the likes of Raith and Falkirk and purple probably won't be much better.

scoopyboy
27-06-2015, 06:18 PM
I'd expect us still to use the white top from this season as well. The bottle green will be an issue against the likes of Raith and Falkirk and purple probably won't be much better.

IIRC it's a pale purple so might get away with two strips.

S4uzee
27-06-2015, 10:17 PM
IIRC it's a pale purple so might get away with two strips.

Hopefully not similar to the thistle kit

Purple & Green
27-06-2015, 10:19 PM

Heretic

Brightside
27-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Wont be far off this... http://www.teamsportdirect.co.uk/products/Nike-Challenge-Jersey-LS-%252d-Court-Purple%7B47%7DWhite.html

monktonharp
27-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Wont be far off this... http://www.teamsportdirect.co.uk/products/Nike-Challenge-Jersey-LS-%252d-Court-Purple%7B47%7DWhite.htmlYuk !

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-06-2015, 11:17 PM
http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15074&stc=1&d=1435446971

Think it'll be this, if not very similar.

ads913
27-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Wont be far off this... http://www.teamsportdirect.co.uk/products/Nike-Challenge-Jersey-LS-%252d-Court-Purple%7B47%7DWhite.html

yep thats pretty much what it is.

sadtom
28-06-2015, 12:03 AM

Personally i think that looks very poor. Had seen some purple and green mock ups on here before that look good but not that one unfortunately.
However, did you see how much they are selling that top for in the link you posted? - if that's not an omen...:wink: (bet the shop wont be selling it for that price!).

California-Hibs
28-06-2015, 12:21 AM

Picturing it short sleeved and with the Hibs badge and Marathon Bet, I think that would be pretty nice!

Bristolhibby
28-06-2015, 07:04 AM

Invalid link there mate.

J

Yuillsy
28-06-2015, 11:08 AM

I'm with you on that. I've never been a fan of the purple kits.

ManBearPig
28-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Purple and green stripes please!!!

Thecat23
28-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Out of interest would anyone mind if Hibs went for a totally different away strip like an all red or all blue? Im tired of the same old away tops I'd like to see one season of total change!!

Oh and yes my tin hat is firmly on 😁

TowerHibs
28-06-2015, 12:35 PM
I love simple white kits...They look smart and compliment our home kits well.

I also like yellow or black to be fair, had the bright bright yellow one years ago, that faded into black with black shorts and socks.

Septimus
28-06-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm with you on that. I've never been a fan of the purple kits.

Me too

ads913
28-06-2015, 12:46 PM
yep thats pretty much what it is.
i am trying to say somthing without saying somthing if you know what i mean

Smartie
28-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Out of interest would anyone mind if Hibs went for a totally different away strip like an all red or all blue? Im tired of the same old away tops I'd like to see one season of total change!!

Oh and yes my tin hat is firmly on 

Are you Vincent Tan?

Nah, fwiw I agree with you.

I think the home shirt should be sacrosanct - green body and white sleeves although the trim and shade of green can be played with a bit.

The away shirt should be an experiment and anything goes.

I'd quite like a dark blue one. We had some training gear a few years ago that was mainly dark blue with a bit of green and white trim - I'd like to see something like that on an away shirt.

I'm not so keen on red/royal blue/maroon etc. They are colours associated with other teams and don't really look right with green so I wouldn't want them.

I quite like adventurous away strips in general though. The Morton tartan ones were cool, I like the pink Partick Thistle ones, that old brown Coventry one was class.

I really didn't like our home top last year but loved the away one.

I've liked lots of our away tops but tend to hate anything yellow.

SteveHFC
28-06-2015, 01:26 PM
http://cdn.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Frankfurt15.jpg Can we have this design in purple with green stripes :hyper

heretoday
28-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Anything but black.

Hibs teams have enough difficulty finding each other with the ball.

Deek9
28-06-2015, 01:45 PM

It appears to be happening but can't say I'm happy about it as my recollections of us playing in purple are that we never won wearing it. This season should change that of course being in 2nd tier.

chasitup
28-06-2015, 02:03 PM

Oh and yes my tin hat is firmly on 

I've thought the same for a few years now. Just something completely different. I hated the green and purple stripes though. I thought that was hideous.

scoopyboy
28-06-2015, 02:13 PM
It appears to be happening but can't say I'm happy about it as my recollections of us playing in purple are that we never won wearing it. This season should change that of course being in 2nd tier.

We won 3-2 once wearin purple at Parkhead, Gareth Evans got the winner. Darren Jackson scored as well IIRC.

Pretty Boy
28-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Oh and yes my tin hat is firmly on 😁

Black and white would be good as a one off wee change.

Hark back to the days when we borrowed Leith Athletics tops as an away kit and a wee nod to the flag of Edinburgh as well.

Deek9
28-06-2015, 02:41 PM
We won 3-2 once wearin purple at Parkhead, Gareth Evans got the winner. Darren Jackson scored as well IIRC.
Vaguely remember that but forgot we were wearing purple. One of the few wins then, but a good one.

Bristolhibby
28-06-2015, 03:33 PM

That was the most cheap looking shan-est jersey we ever had. Made from uber shiny material. One of Le Coqs worst kits IMHO.

J

Pretty Boy
28-06-2015, 03:39 PM
That was the most cheap looking shan-est jersey we ever had. Made from uber shiny material. One of Le Coqs worst kits IMHO.

J

I'm sure the game Scoopyboy is referring to is from the early 90s when Bukta made the kits.

LCS didn't come on the scene until 1998, after Darren Jackson and Gareth Evans had departed.

Edit - highlights here:

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw

2nd edit - How bad is the goalkeeping in those highlights? Maybe they should have considered making the goals smaller?

nonshinyfinish
28-06-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm sure the game Scoopyboy is referring to is from the early 90s when Bukta made the kits.

LCS didn't come on the scene until 1998, after Darren Jackson and Gareth Evans had departed.

Edit - highlights here:

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw

Indeed, the old all-purple one was Bukta and the (legendary) green and purple striped one was Mitre.

Bristolhibby
28-06-2015, 04:10 PM
What was the all purple LCS strip? Early Naughties?

Tam McManus modelled it IIRC.

Edit, here it is. Bogging.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m3d_yiYuuMxRbGf3GobtzSg.jpg

J

nonshinyfinish
28-06-2015, 04:32 PM

J

Ah, forgotten all about that.

Aye, the shiny/stripy material was horrible.

Pretty Boy
28-06-2015, 04:32 PM

J

2002 I think.

Replaced the white 2001 cup final strip. Only memory if that one is losing 4 goals, including 2 in a minute, in the 1st half v Celtic at ER.

California-Hibs
28-06-2015, 05:09 PM
So I think the most popular purple strip from our past seems to be this one. I suspect because of the stripes. This new away kit from what I gather, definitely won't have any stripes, and Is probably going to look like the pale purple top we had a few seasons back. I for one am not a fan of that shade of purple in the slightest and I really hope we go a bit darker than that! The top that Yogi has on here is a slightly better shade of purple though.

Anyway, I think people will be let down because they have their hearts set on something in the Darren Jackson era (which would be great!!)

nonshinyfinish
28-06-2015, 05:16 PM
So I think the most popular purple strip from our past seems to be this one. I suspect because of the stripes. This new away kit from what I gather, definitely won't have any stripes, and Is probably going to look like the pale purple top we had a few seasons back. I for one am not a fan of that shade of purple in the slightest and I really hope we go a bit darker than that! The top that Yogi has on here is a slightly better shade of purple though.

Anyway, I think people will be let down because they have their hearts set on something in the Darren Jackson era (which would be great!!)

If it's like the purple in the Nike template linked above, then it's significantly darker than the (awful) 'thistle' kit.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Smartie
28-06-2015, 06:31 PM
The striped one is the best away strip we've had.

Up there with the home (no sponsor) kit we won the 1991 league cup in and the "Le God" kit.

Or maybe I just like these ones because they had decent teams playing in them?

Mibbes Aye
28-06-2015, 06:56 PM
If it's like the purple in the Nike template linked above, then it's significantly darker than the (awful) 'thistle' kit.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

:agree:

I want a purple kit but the shade is critical, 'good' purple is fantastic, 'bad' purple is an abomination.

I'd like a top, similar in colour to the Nike template, with a broad diagonal stripe either in green or white. Looks like it's straight out of a South American league.

Failing that, something along the lines of the Borussia Monchengladbach shirt from a couple of years ago. White body with two thin vertical stripes beside each other on the left, running down across the heart. One stripe green, the other stripe black. or a similar version from the 70s with thicker vertical stripes.

Vini1875
28-06-2015, 08:42 PM
No thanks. Purple strips have been minging IMHO.

heretoday
28-06-2015, 10:32 PM
No thanks. Purple strips have been minging IMHO.

I have to agree. Tom Hart started it in the early 70s saying purple was the "trendy" colour to wear and it all grew from there.

The green and purple stripe was the worst in my opinion but then I don't like teams who play in stripes (or hoops).

Greencore
28-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Yellow or purple !

LaMotta
29-06-2015, 12:18 AM
I have to agree. Tom Hart started it in the early 70s saying purple was the "trendy" colour to wear and it all grew from there.

The green and purple stripe was the worst in my opinion but then I don't like teams who play in stripes (or hoops).

Also agreed. Strange obsession with purple on here, a colour that is far too close to maroon for comfort. And as history dictates a purple strip is a horrible strip, as evidenced clearly in the pictures above!

DH1875
29-06-2015, 06:28 AM
Purple is my favourite colour :)

RoxburghHibs
29-06-2015, 08:45 AM
White with green trim is without question the best Hibs away colour choice. Yellow being the third choice strip colour for me.

Not sure where the purple and black colours come from (although I do think we have had a couple smart black away strips :greengrin) not Hibs colours IMHO.

Bristolhibby
29-06-2015, 10:03 AM
White with green trim is without question the best Hibs away colour choice. Yellow being the third choice strip colour for me.

Not sure where the purple and black colours come from (although I do think we have had a couple smart black away strips :greengrin) not Hibs colours IMHO.

Purple seems to be in our Tartan. Now I'm not sure if the purple is in there because of the purple away strip at the time, or the away strip was purple because of the tartan purple.

Was a Bukta away shirt not the first Purple top sometime in the 70's?

This boy here.

http://www.toffs.com/content/images/thumbs/0013365_hibernian-1977-1978-bukta-away-retro-football-shirt.jpeg

Edit - in fact, this is the exact colour we should be aiming for.
J

allezsauzee
29-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Purple seems to be in our Tartan. Now I'm not sure if the purple is in there because of the purple away strip at the time, or the away strip was purple because of the tartan purple.

This boy here.

http://www.toffs.com/content/images/thumbs/0013365_hibernian-1977-1978-bukta-away-retro-football-shirt.jpeg

J

I have one of these. it is a thing of beauty. I got the purple bukta tracksuit for my christmas in the late 70s. Probably my favourite present from my childhood.

southsider
29-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Also agreed. Strange obsession with purple on here, a colour that is far too close to maroon for comfort. And as history dictates a purple strip is a horrible strip, as evidenced clearly in the pictures above!

Agreed. Green with white sleeves (home) and white with green sleeves (away). Sorted.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Any word on when the away kit will be available?

woodythehibee
29-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Any word on when the away kit will be available?
Mid July so would expect it to be unveiled soon

weecounty hibby
29-06-2015, 09:38 PM

This boy here.

J
For me if it's not white with green shorts and trim, then we should go for an exact replica of this. The most beautiful 2nd strip ever.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2015, 03:13 AM
Mid July so would expect it to be unveiled soon

Cheers.

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2015, 03:10 PM

I had a Purple Hibs top which I presume was the first away strip we had ... the same style as the home top circa the 1972 League cup final. As far as I'm concerned Purple is Hibs second colour, the shade used in the 70s Bukta top is perfect ..... Though I fall into the camp that thinks the striped one was gantin' and I think the shade used in the 'Thistle' strip was too wishy washy.

For those who think it looks too much like maroon ...... no it dusnae http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2015, 03:13 PM

This boy here.

J

I owned a Purple away top before this came out........ nice though.

Thecat23
30-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Are you Vincent Tan?

Nah, fwiw I agree with you.

I think the home shirt should be sacrosanct - green body and white sleeves although the trim and shade of green can be played with a bit.

The away shirt should be an experiment and anything goes.

I'd quite like a dark blue one. We had some training gear a few years ago that was mainly dark blue with a bit of green and white trim - I'd like to see something like that on an away shirt.

I'm not so keen on red/royal blue/maroon etc. They are colours associated with other teams and don't really look right with green so I wouldn't want them.

I quite like adventurous away strips in general though. The Morton tartan ones were cool, I like the pink Partick Thistle ones, that old brown Coventry one was class.

I really didn't like our home top last year but loved the away one.

I've liked lots of our away tops but tend to hate anything yellow.

Yeah dark blue with the White Hibs crest would look good imo. Just seems we are stuck with White/Black/purple or yellow. What about going back to our very first strip... HOOPS!!!!!

SteveHFC
30-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Yeah dark blue with the White Hibs crest would look good imo. Just seems we are stuck with White/Black/purple or yellow. What about going back to our very first strip... HOOPS!!!!!

You would suit it tbf. :wink:

Thecat23
01-07-2015, 05:27 AM
You would suit it tbf. :wink:

😁

Steve-O
01-07-2015, 08:39 AM

I seem to recall beating Aberdeen at home wearing the purple and green, as well as a 2-2 draw v them too.

Here's the 2-2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sw0ICjWTl8

Can't find the 4-2 win later that season unfortunately.

Keith_M
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM

I would love a Dark Blue away strip as well but was told it's just not 'a Hibs Colour'.

Neither was yellow (luminous or otherwise), purple or lilac.... until we wore those as change strips.

Bristolhibby
01-07-2015, 02:46 PM
I would love a Dark Blue away strip as well but was told it's just not 'a Hibs Colour'.

Neither was yellow (luminous or otherwise), purple or lilac.... until we wore those as change strips.

Staggering logic.

Would love to see a red or navy blue (or Royal Blue) away shirt. That's what they are for. Draw the line at a maroon away shirt though.

Black and red stripes like Bournemouth or yellow and red hoops, let's be adventurous!

J

liamh2202
01-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Staggering logic.

Would love to see a red or navy blue (or Royal Blue) away shirt. That's what they are for. Draw the line at a maroon away shirt though.

Black and red stripes like Bournemouth or yellow and red hoops, let's be adventurous!

J

What about a silver number.. Used to like the silver goalie tops

Mibbes Aye
01-07-2015, 10:59 PM
For all that the purple and green away top is taking a slagging, it was nowhere near as bad as the home top from that period, with the green and white stripes down the sleeves. It looked like you were wearing Pacers on both arms.

I say that as someone who had the top and wore it faithfully :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-07-2015, 04:37 AM
For all that the purple and green away top is taking a slagging, it was nowhere near as bad as the home top from that period, with the green and white stripes down the sleeves. It looked like you were wearing Pacers on both arms.

I say that as someone who had the top and wore it faithfully :greengrin

Loved the home top as well. Had it in short sleeve and it looked quality. Remember Michael O Neill wearing it regularly in long sleeve and it not looking as good though. The purple and green stripe is still the ultimate away top.