PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Wimbledon

Sir David Gray
26-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Andy Murray faces a tough end to the tournament this year if he's to win Wimbledon for a second time.

He faces Mikhail Kukushkin in round one then probably Robin Haase in the second round, Andreas Seppi in the third round, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the last 16, Rafael Nadal in the quarter finals, Roger Federer in the semis and Novak Djokovic in the final.

Murray will play his first match on Tuesday, whilst Djokovic kicks things off on Monday against Philipp Kohlschreiber. Federer plays Damir Dzumhur and Nadal plays Thomaz Bellucci.

Looking forward to the best two weeks in the tennis calendar. :thumbsup:

3pm
27-06-2015, 09:55 AM
£2 on Djokovic to beat Nadal in the final. 25/1.

Sore one for Murray but he's in the form to do it. Surprised Wawrinka doesn't get more of a mention!

3pm
27-06-2015, 10:03 AM
And on that note, my Skybet account has been emptied on both Djokovic and Stan.

If Murray wins it, I won't care about the money!

Future17
27-06-2015, 10:06 AM

Sore one for Murray but he's in the form to do it. Surprised Wawrinka doesn't get more of a mention!

Wawrinka has never performed particularly well at Wimbledon and was poor at Queen's this year.

Sir David Gray
27-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Wawrinka's record on grass is crap.

He got to the quarter finals at Wimbledon last year, which is his best performance so far. In the four years prior to last year, he only managed one victory.

I wouldn't consider him to be among the favourites for Wimbledon. I can't see past Djokovic again this year although it will be interesting to see if his lack of grass court action, leading up to Wimbledon, does him any harm.

Only other real contender is Murray although Milos Raonic may also be worth a shout after his run to the semis last year.

3pm
27-06-2015, 01:17 PM

He got to the quarter finals at Wimbledon last year, which is his best performance so far. In the four years prior to last year, he only managed one victory.

I wouldn't consider him to be among the favourites for Wimbledon. I can't see past Djokovic again this year although it will be interesting to see if his lack of grass court action, leading up to Wimbledon, does him any harm.

Only other real contender is Murray although Milos Raonic may also be worth a shout after his run to the semis last year.

He might be worth backing in the 'who'll win their quarter' market. He may have been in there with Stan.

PatHead
27-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Said for a couple of years Raonic was one to watch but not sure if he has the fitness in a slam event. Kevin Anderson might shock someone.

Murray and Djokavic final for me.

Which woman are worth watching?

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2015, 09:07 AM

I've always enjoyed watching Ana Ivanovic.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Said for a couple of years Raonic was one to watch but not sure if he has the fitness in a slam event. Kevin Anderson might shock someone.

Murray and Djokavic final for me.

Raonic is a danger due to his serve but I would still fancy Djokovic or Murray to beat him over five sets.

I don't see Kevin Anderson being in contention.

As for the women, I can't see past Serena Williams but it's a bit harder to predict so there could be a dark horse in there.

BroxburnHibee
28-06-2015, 01:20 PM

How many times has he played Wimbledon? Quite a few champions struggled in their first few years including a certain Roger Federer.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2015, 02:25 PM
How many times has he played Wimbledon? Quite a few champions struggled in their first few years including a certain Roger Federer.

This will be Wawrinka's 11th Wimbledon.

His record so far is;

Quarter finals - 1
Last 16 - 2
3rd round - 1
2nd round - 1
1st round - 5

It's fair to say that grass isn't his surface.

PatHead
28-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Raonic is a danger due to his serve but I would still fancy Djokovic or Murray to beat him over five sets.

I don't see Kevin Anderson being in contention.

As for the women, I can't see past Serena Williams but it's a bit harder to predict so there could be a dark horse in there.

Didn't say Anderson would be a contender but could cause an upset.

With you that I wonder about Raonic's fitness over 5 sets. He struggles due to giving all his power on each and every point.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Didn't say Anderson would be a contender but could cause an upset.

With you that I wonder about Raonic's fitness over 5 sets. He struggles due to giving all his power on each and every point.

I would be surprised if Anderson got past the last 16 to be honest.

Danderhall Hibs
29-06-2015, 06:48 AM
I would be surprised if Anderson got past the last 16 to be honest.

Is he the guy that got to the Queens Final? Big massive serve can get you far at Wimbledon usually can't it?

Unless he's due to meet Djokivic or someone early doors he could get by?

Future17
29-06-2015, 10:24 AM
After my French Open success (and the shock in the final) I'm going to stick to betting on individual matches rather than outright winner I reckon.

Mainly out of interest today I've taken Djokovic to win 3-1 (10/3) or 3-2 (10/1). Fancy Kohlschreiber to cause him a few problems and, as Trig alluded to, I think Djokovic's lack of grass court action might cause him to start slowly.

Also looking for potential shocks on the opening day, have stuck a couple of quid on Johanna Konta against Sharapova. Konta looked good at Eastbourne and hammered Bencic (eventual winner) in the first set of their match before apparently suffering the effects of an illness she's been carrying. Sharapova has apparently also been unwell recently and I think she's lacked concentration and consistency at times when I've seen her recently. The Centre Court crowd could be a factor and if Konta can harness it, I reckon she's in with a chance. In any event, 13/2 was too tempting! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
29-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Is he the guy that got to the Queens Final? Big massive serve can get you far at Wimbledon usually can't it?

Unless he's due to meet Djokivic or someone early doors he could get by?

He is due to play Djokovic in the last 16.

After my French Open success (and the shock in the final) I'm going to stick to betting on individual matches rather than outright winner I reckon.

Mainly out of interest today I've taken Djokovic to win 3-1 (10/3) or 3-2 (10/1). Fancy Kohlschreiber to cause him a few problems and, as Trig alluded to, I think Djokovic's lack of grass court action might cause him to start slowly.

Also looking for potential shocks on the opening day, have stuck a couple of quid on Johanna Konta against Sharapova. Konta looked good at Eastbourne and hammered Bencic (eventual winner) in the first set of their match before apparently suffering the effects of an illness she's been carrying. Sharapova has apparently also been unwell recently and I think she's lacked concentration and consistency at times when I've seen her recently. The Centre Court crowd could be a factor and if Konta can harness it, I reckon she's in with a chance. In any event, 13/2 was too tempting! :greengrin

Sharapova to win in straight sets. :greengrin

Although I do fancy your Djokovic bet. I can't see Kohlschreiber beating him but he is a very decent player and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a set.

Future17
29-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Sharapova to win in straight sets. :greengrin

We'll see. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
29-06-2015, 12:27 PM
We'll see. :greengrin

Check my edited post, i'm not completely dismissing your bet! :wink:

PatHead
29-06-2015, 04:08 PM

Hope your luck improves or it could be an expensive fortnight!

Good game between Hewitt and Nieminen just now

Future17
29-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Hope your luck improves or it could be an expensive fortnight!

Good game between Hewitt and Nieminen just now

Ha ha! Yeah, not a great start! :greengrin

Looked at Broady before his match but was only 4s and didn't think there was enough value in it! :rolleyes: I wonder what odds he was at 2 sets down...

PatHead
29-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Easy to be wise after the event!

Shame Hewitt is out of his last Wimbledon. Always enjoyed his matches.

hibsbollah
29-06-2015, 08:05 PM

its all about Serena really. The chance to be the first woman since Steffi Graf to win a calendar slam. If she's in the right mood she'll be too good for everyone else. A total phenomenon.

PatHead
29-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Murray in the tea time match tomorrow. Anyone know much about his opponent?

Gutted I am missing it as am on Hibs missionary work tomorrow.

Speedy
29-06-2015, 08:51 PM
£10 accumulator tomorrow:

Ward, Duckworth, Mannarino, Haase & Pospisil.

Chances?

Mikey09
30-06-2015, 12:55 PM
I've always enjoyed watching Ana Ivanovic.

Was she playing Tennis??! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Murray in the tea time match tomorrow. Anyone know much about his opponent?

Gutted I am missing it as am on Hibs missionary work tomorrow.

He's ok but Murray should beat him easily.

He doesn't have much of a record on grass and won for the first time at Wimbledon last year and won the first set against Nadal in the third round before losing in four sets.

I don't see anything other than a straights win for Murray tonight.

I'll probably miss it as well, i'm currently on holiday in Portugal and i've yet to find the channel showing Wimbledon.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 02:24 PM
He's ok but Murray should beat him easily.

He doesn't have much of a record on grass and won for the first time at Wimbledon last year and won the first set against Nadal in the third round before losing in four sets.

I don't see anything other than a straights win for Murray tonight.

I'll probably miss it as well, i'm currently on holiday in Portugal and i've yet to find the channel showing Wimbledon.

Not making Wimbledon this year then?

Mikey09
30-06-2015, 02:25 PM
COME ON ANDY!!!! :saltireflag

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Was she playing Tennis??! :greengrin

Nah, she was making my breakfast! :-)

Mikey09
30-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Nah, she was making my breakfast! :-)

Did she serve it up to you in bed?! Oh dear... That's a brutal attempt at a joke. :rolleyes:

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Has Murray started ? Can't find a foreign channel showing any tennis whatsoever.

Radium
30-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Has Murray started ? Can't find a foreign channel showing any tennis whatsoever.

Broke in the 10th game to win the first set 6-4

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Yes, won first set 6-4. Federer, Nadal & Heather Watson also won today.

Where are you? I will look up internet to find a channel.

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Broke in the 10th game to win the first set 6-4

Cheers mate

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Yes, won first set 6-4. Federer, Nadal & Heather Watson also won today.

Where are you? I will look up internet to find a channel.

Lanzerote, good man thanks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Aye, it was ace! blah, blah, blah ...! I'll leave it at that :-)

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:29 PM
No luck finding a channel so far, assume you will need to find a pub with BBC.

Murray 3-1 up in 2nd so you better hurry!

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Spoke too soon. Kukushkin broken back. 3-2 Murray in 2nd set

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 03:32 PM
No luck finding a channel so far, assume you will need to find a pub with BBC.

Murray 3-1 up in 2nd so you better hurry!

Thanks for trying. Appreciate the updates.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Murray breaks again to lead 4-2.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Murray comes back from 15-40 to go 5-2 up.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Kukushkin breaks back now 5-4 Murray. He is making heavy work of it with only 42% first serves in.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Kukushkin holds 5 5

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Kukushkin gets to 0 30, then 15 40, takes first opportunity and 6-5 Kukushkin, Murray up against it in the 2nd set.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Kukushkin 30 -0 Murray gets back to 30 30 but scrappy, Murray gets break point, breaks back - so tie break.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Murray 2 mini breaks now 3-0 Murray

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Murray now won 10 of last 11 points 5 1 in tie break

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:14 PM
2nd set to Murray 7-3, still scrappy though

PatHead
30-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Afraid I have to go now, hopefully someone else can keep you up to date

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Afraid I have to go now, hopefully someone else can keep you up to date

First class on the updates, cheers.

Radium
30-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Murray breaks to go 3-2 up in the third

Radium
30-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Both hold. Murray 4-3 with the break

Radium
30-06-2015, 04:42 PM
5-3 Murray in third

Radium
30-06-2015, 04:45 PM
5-4 Murray to serve for match

Radium
30-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Murray comes back from 15-40 to win 6-4, 7-6 (7-3), 6-4

stoneyburn hibs
30-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Cheers, by the scoreline was Murray not at his best ?

Speedy
30-06-2015, 08:27 PM
£10 accumulator tomorrow:

Ward, Duckworth, Mannarino, Haase & Pospisil.

Chances?

Well that made up for getting horsed at bowls tonight.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Cheers, by the scoreline was Murray not at his best ?

Never got out of 2nd gear. Poor 1st serve cost him.

The important thing is he is through.

Speedy
30-06-2015, 11:03 PM
£10 accumulator for tomorrow and Thursday:

Zverev, Karlovic, Vesely, Begu, Svitolina

Edit: Baw's burst on that already

Squealing pig
01-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Got 25 double on from thw start serena and novak . Obvious favourites but 5/1 worth a punt . Formidable

PatHead
01-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Murray first on Court 1 tomorrow. Should be at 1pm then?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Enjoyed watching Watson earlier, good entertainment. Venus v the Hungarian lassie was good too, probably the shorts that held my interest though.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Not making Wimbledon this year then?

Nah I wasn't there last year either. Had enough of first round Wimbledon for now. Still love watching it though and plan to return at some point.

Murray first on Court 1 tomorrow. Should be at 1pm then?

It will indeed start at 1pm.

Should be slightly cooler today as well which will hopefully help.

Again I don't see anything other than a straight sets win for Murray. Haase is another decent player but he doesn't have a great record at Wimbledon. I don't see him causing Murray many issues.

Off the bar
02-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Murray with a double break in the first set v Haas has raced to a 4-1 lead

Off the bar
02-07-2015, 12:38 PM
6-1 first set in just over 20 minutes, great start from Murray

Off the bar
02-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Already broken him in the second set, Haase is going to have to get himself together or this one will be done pretty quickly

McSwanky
02-07-2015, 12:49 PM
That game (2nd set, 3rd game) is a good example of why Murray's not quite going all the way in the majors just now. Cruising against a guy who's hitting nothing, he conspires to lose loads of points on his serve and can't win anything on his second serve. He needs to cut out dips like that if he's going to challenge Djokovic. You could argue that he found enough to win the game, but he would have been murdered by any half decent player there.

Off the bar
02-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Got distracted at work, flick back and it's all over, good performance from Murray

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Love watching Lisicki play, the epitome of someone happy at their work! She loves the Wimbledon crowd as much as they love her.

Squealing pig
02-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Best game so far nadal v brown . That brown is some player

stoneyburn hibs
02-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Nadal gone ! It's not really that much of a shock though. I think he is about done.

PatHead
02-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Didn't see much tennis today but saw the end of Nadal. That is 4 years in a row he has lost to someone outside the top 100.

Time to get rid of Uncle Tony?

Sir David Gray
02-07-2015, 10:59 PM
I didn't see any of the match but it's really quite sad to see someone like Nadal, who has achieved so much in the last 10 years, losing to someone like Dustin Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a day in the next year or so.

Good result for Murray though. Andreas Seppi next in the third round on Saturday. Can't see too many issues for Murray there.

Sergey
02-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Didn't see much tennis today but saw the end of Nadal. That is 4 years in a row he has lost to someone outside the top 100.

Time to get rid of Uncle Tony?

I didn't see any of the match but it's really quite sad to see someone like Nadal, who has achieved so much in the last 10 years, losing to someone like Dustin Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a day in the next year or so.

Good result for Murray though. Andreas Seppi next in the third round on Saturday. Can't see too many issues for Murray there.

Is it? The guy is a known blood doper who has openly flouted the drug-testing system for years.

The fact that his Dr got busted 5 years ago sort of coincides with his dip in form since then.

heretoday
03-07-2015, 01:12 PM
I want Andy to win strongly but just in case I have Wawrinka at 12/1 to win Wimbledon. He's doing ok.

McSwanky
03-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Raonic in trouble in the "battle of the pretentious sleeves" over on court 2....

PatHead
03-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Couple of seeds fallen today - Raonic who I thought might be a threat and Dimitrov.

This half opening up for Djokavic.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Couple of seeds fallen today - Raonic who I thought might be a threat and Dimitrov.

This half opening up for Djokavic.

I'm not overly surprised that Gasquet beat Dimitrov as Gasquet is a decent grass court player. However Kyrgios beating Raonic is a bit of a shock.

If Djokovic doesn't get to the final there's something wrong.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Heather Watson takes the 2nd set against Serena Williams.

She's played absolutely brilliant stuff in the 2nd set, trading blows with Williams and often coming out on top.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 05:31 PM
And breaks the 1st game in the 3rd. Atmosphere is amazing.

What a chance she has now.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Breaks again after 2 consecutive double faults by Williams. 3 games up in the 3rd.

This is one of the best sporting performances by a Brit in a long time, she's won 5 games in a row against a player nigh on unbeatable for a year and a bit.

Venus waiting in the next round as it stands.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2015, 05:42 PM
You have to imagine Serena is gonna get her act together

Sir David Gray
03-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Wish I could watch this, still haven't got the tennis in my hotel.

Watson goes two breaks up in the final set, 3-0.

This would be a huge win for her.

Sergey
03-07-2015, 05:46 PM
This is f'in brilliant stuff.

Twiglet
03-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Breaks again after 2 consecutive double faults by Williams. 3 games up in the 3rd.

This is one of the best sporting performances by a Brit in a long time, she's won 5 games in a row against a player nigh on unbeatable for a year and a bit.

Venus waiting in the next round as it stands.

Really really good from Heather Watson, but she needs to sort out that first serve. The stats can't be good on that. She could make it so much easier on herself if she got that sorted.

Some of Williams shots are awful. Her head is in a mess and for once she's letting the crowd get to her.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Make no mistake Serena is having to play to her best just to keep in touch!

If Watson holds here that might be enough

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Uh oh.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Not to be. Hopefully she doesn't crumble here

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Increasing signs this isn't going to be.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:11 PM
That's more like it

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:12 PM
That rally was utterly ridiculous. Brilliant defence by Watson.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Serving for the match.

You still feel there's a long way to go though.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Can't do it. Back on serve.

Danderhall Hibs
03-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Why does Serena wear a nappy?

Pretty Boy
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
That's the difference.

Williams plays poorly by her standards and grinds out a win, Watson plays the match of her life and just can't do it.

Thought she was going to do it but Williams dug deep when she had to.

seanshow
03-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Andy Murray is now a Arsenal supporter according to James Ward and Sue Barker :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Fantastic performance by Watson, I suppose thats why Serena is no.1 though.

JimBHibees
03-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Personally hugely sceptical of Serena's power.

Sergey
03-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Personally hugely sceptical of Serena's power.

Never failed a drugs test :blah::blah::blah:

Stoked to high-heaven with PED's IMHO.

That game was Man vs Woman.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Managed to catch the last couple of games down at a restaurant and it looks like Watson was just overcome by experience in the end.

The writing was probably on the wall when Watson failed to go 4-0 up in the final set.

It should be interesting to see Venus v Serena in the next round.

Also potentially another epic brewing tomorrow when Marin Cilic and John Isner resume at 10-10 in the final set. They still have some way to go before Isner matches the 70-68 marathon he had with Nicolas Mahut a few years back but still some match.

JimBHibees
04-07-2015, 06:12 AM

That's certainly what it looked like.

hibsbollah
04-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Well done Williams, an absolute legend.

a bit pathetic when any athletic achievement is put down to drug taking. It seems to be particularly prevalent when the loser is British and the winner doesn't confirm to the waif little girl SW19 stereotype.

bigwheel
04-07-2015, 07:50 AM

So that's Nadal and Williams now...you seem to have a view that all high performance athletes are on performance enhancing drugs... The fact that Murray likes and respects Nadal tells me that he doesn't think so...that's good enough for me....

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 08:57 AM
What time is Murray scheduled to play today?

Danderhall Hibs
04-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Well done Williams, an absolute legend.

a bit pathetic when any athletic achievement is put down to drug taking. It seems to be particularly prevalent when the loser is British and the winner doesn't confirm to the waif little girl SW19 stereotype.

She's hardly a waif.

Williams is one of those size 16 girls that squeeze into a 10 which obviously exaggerates her "assets".

Sir David Gray
04-07-2015, 09:07 AM
What time is Murray scheduled to play today?

He's the third match on Centre Court today so probably around 4pm.

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 09:08 AM
He's the third match on Centre Court today so probably around 4pm.

:aok:

hibsbollah
04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
She's hardly a waif.

Williams is one of those size 16 girls that squeeze into a 10 which obviously exaggerates her "assets".

Thats what I said, she's not confirming to the waif stereotype. She's always been a big girl with big curves.

anyone remember when Andy was breaking through as a teenager? He had massive talent but was built like a skinny schoolboy and used to collapse in the 4th sets because he had no stamina? I remember the commentator at the time complaining that he shouldn't be cramping up and retiring late on and needed to work on his fitness. Fast forward ten years and he's a phenomenal athlete, and this is put down to a crazy work ethic, long morning runs, warm weather winter training in Miami, ice plunge baths and weight work. The physical transformation Murray has undergone is totally extreme, more so than any comparable athlete I can think of. But no finger pointing at Andy, which is how it should be.

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 11:42 AM
I wish that the Scottish media would leave Andy Murray alone and let the guy get on with the job. Their expectations are only heaping extra pressure on the guy.

I remember the days when we used to criticise the English media for their over the top coverage of all things Tim Henman but it's now time for the Scottish press to look at themselves in the mirror.

We/they can't have it both ways.

Mikey09
04-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Federer v Groth on just now. Groth has just served at 147mph!! :duck:

Haymaker
04-07-2015, 06:57 PM
I aint a tennis man but Murray is looking ****ed!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2015, 06:59 PM
He certainly needs to get his act together pronto.

stoneyburn hibs
04-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Murray has played the same card as Seppi, getting the trainer on during a hard time.

Gamesmanship straight back at you !
It's to easy to get the trainer on but whats good for the goose...

Murray coasting now.

Haymaker
04-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Murray is battering him now.

HibbyAndy
04-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Murray has played the same card as Seppi, getting the trainer on during a hard time.

Gamesmanship straight back at you !
It's to easy to get the trainer on but whats good for the goose...

Murray coasting now.

:agree:

Nae luck Seppi ya prick!! You reap what you sow!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Yip, well timed injury break from Andy, onwards and upwards into week 2.

PatHead
04-07-2015, 08:47 PM
That was a strange game. Well done Murray

Sir David Gray
04-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Glad to see Murray safely into the last 16.

Personally don't see Karlovic causing him too many issues on Monday.

Unlucky for James Ward today against Vasek Pospisil. He's getting closer to that sort of level and I would like to see him reach the top 80 by the end of this year. It's certainly achievable.

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm no expert in tennis but one thing I gave noticed this week is that there is a huge gulf in ability and athleticism between your 4 or 5 top players and the journeyman professionals.

Haymaker
04-07-2015, 10:59 PM
That was a strange game. Well done Murray

:agree: very strange

--------
04-07-2015, 11:58 PM
She's hardly a waif.

Serena Williams ain't a 'girl'.

Serena Williams is a WOMAN. ALL WOMAN.

Oh Mama .... :devil:

Pete
05-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Serena Williams ain't a 'girl'.

Serena Williams is a WOMAN. ALL WOMAN.

Oh Mama .... :devil:

....and she certainly doesn't have to squeeze into anything to exaggerate her assets. A quick image google when the wife isn't looking will confirm this.

Glad I'm not alone in appreciating her talents. The things I would do to that...

Sorry, yes the tennis was also good today..Some , erm, great matches?

--------
05-07-2015, 08:16 AM
....and she certainly doesn't have to squeeze into anything to exaggerate her assets. A quick image google when the wife isn't looking will confirm this.

Glad I'm not alone in appreciating her talents. The things I would do to that...

Sorry, yes the tennis was also good today..Some , erm, great matches?

Peter, BEHAVE YOURSELF - she'd eat you ALIVE. :devil:

On a more serious subject - I think Andy explained well enough after the game what happened - he was warmed up and going well and Seppi called for the trainer (which he's perfectly entitled to do, though I did wonder at the time).

The long interruption meant that AM cooled down and the niggle in his shoulder stiffened. Maybe Seppi was at it when he called for the coach, but if he was AM got him back when he called for a time out in his turn.

Andy's shoulder certainly seemed to be working OK in the fourth set - he just blew the guy away.

Onwards and upwards!

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Controversial.

Murray challenges, ball checked like it hit the line, Hawkeye called it out by 2mm but the margin of error is 3mm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Glad the tennis player won instead of the one trick pony, well played Andy!

Jim44
06-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Glad the tennis player won instead of the one trick pony, well played Andy!

Some his lobs over the giant were superb.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Indeed, leaving the ball at the big guys feet turned him into a big dope too.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Another good result for Murray, managed to catch the final game after work.

Excellent tie in the quarter finals as well against Vasek Pospisil. Can't see Murray losing too much sleep ahead of that one.

Novak Djokovic has just lost the first set to Kevin Anderson on a tiebreak.

Still fancy him to come through and win though.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Anderson playing superbly at the moment. If he can keep this up Djokovic is in for a tough night.

snooky
06-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Controversial.

Murray challenges, ball checked like it hit the line, Hawkeye called it out by 2mm but the margin of error is 3mm.

Margin of error at Hampden is 2m according to SFA & CT.

snooky
06-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Quote of the day (or as close as I can remember it)

"Must be hard playing against a man with a weapon like that" - Sue Barker (at the end of Andy M's game).

Gaun yersel, hen :greengrin

ps: when did Wombles adopt the Hibs green & purple colours?

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Novak Djokovic has to produce his very best there after saving two set points. Still faces another tiebreak though.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Djokovic on the brink as Anderson comes back from 4-0 down in the tiebreak and goes two sets up!

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Anderson takes the 2nd set in the breaker. Chances of this going over to tomorrow must be high, no?

Still at least a set to go and 8pm in London, can't be too much playable light left. I think Djokovic would be quite happy if that happened.

Sergey
06-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Anderson takes the 2nd set in the breaker. Chances of this going over to tomorrow must be high, no?

Still at least a set to go and 8pm in London, can't be too much playable light left. I think Djokovic would be quite happy if that happened.

Not a cloud in the sky where I'm sat. They should be good for another hour.

3pm
06-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Djokovic only 9/4 to win Wimbledon!

Hibee87
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM

Im prob wrong here, but does the centre court not have lights when roof is closed for playing after daylight? Surely the could move and finish it there if that what im thinking is correct :-/

3pm
06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Im prob wrong here, but does the centre court not have lights when roof is closed for playing after daylight? Surely the could move and finish it there if that what im thinking is correct :-/

The spectators mate. Can't do it.

Hibee87
06-07-2015, 07:15 PM

Valid point, but the commentators just said that was a possibility. I hope soz enjoying this game so far

Speedy
06-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Valid point, but the commentators just said that was a possibility. I hope soz enjoying this game so far

Were they saying it was done the other night or just that it was discussed the other night?

Edit: Just said it was done on Saturday. Likely a much smaller crowd though.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Yes they can, they did it only two days ago to allow Simon-Monfils to finish their match.

If required, they will move the match onto Centre Court.

3pm
06-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Yes they can, they did it only two days ago to allow Simon-Monfils to finish their match.

If required, they will move the match onto Centre Court.

Yes, my mistake. :aok: Apols to H87.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Is it just me or does the umpire seem to lose interest in what he's saying about half way through.

'Anderson has two.....challenges .......re........'

'Advantage.......Djokov.....'

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Djokovic goes a break up in the fourth set.

I have to say that I would put Djokovic as the slight favourite right now.

Can't see him losing if it goes to a fifth set.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Djokovic levels the match after winning the fourth set 6-4.

I reckon they have about 30 minutes left before the light goes.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Going to be finished tomorrow.

Think, contrary to my earlier post, Anderson will be the one happier with that.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
The match has been suspended!

The crowd's going mental.

I can understand the decision but I wouldn't be happy if I had a ticket.

Sir David Gray
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Novak Djokovic finally came through his last 16 match against Kevin Anderson after winning 7-5 in the fifth set today.

He will now play the current US Open champion, Marin Cilic tomorrow in the quarter finals.

Andy Murray plays the last remaining unseeded player in the draw, Vasek Pospisil, tomorrow. He is first up on Centre Court and the match will begin at 1pm. Sadly I won't see this match due to work. :boo hoo:

The other two quarter finals see Roger Federer playing Gilles Simon and Stan Wawrinka playing Richard Gasquet. Both matches are on Court One and both see France taking on Switzerland.

In the women's draw, Serena Williams came back from a set down to beat Victoria Azarenka. She will now play Maria Sharapova in the semis on Thursday and in the other semi, Garbine Muguruza plays Agnieszka Radwanska.

Looks like it will be a Williams v Radwanska final, which would be a repeat of the 2012 final which Williams won in three sets. Williams has not lost to Sharapova for 11 years and has also never lost to Radwanska. It will take a brave betting man to bet against her from this point.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Murray goes up 2 sets to nil, 6-4, 7-5.

Golden Bear
08-07-2015, 03:28 PM
It's hard work watching Andy's game. Somehow there's no spark and the crowd seemed to have fallen asleep.

Wakey, Wakey!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Murray takes the 3rd set 6-4 and now plays Federer in The Semis on Friday.

Sylar
08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Djokovic has probably had his scare for the tournament - expect him to blow Cilic away here and he's already a break up!

Sir David Gray
08-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Good result for Murray and also for Federer, should be a cracking semi on Friday.

Djokovic comfortably beat Marin Cilic and he now plays the winner of Stan Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet, who are currently playing a brilliant match. Gasquet served for the match earlier but it's now 9-9 in the final set.

You really can't beat men's Grand Slam tennis.

Sir David Gray
08-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Gasquet wins 11-9 in the fifth set.

Semi final line up complete;

Andy Murray v Roger Federer
Novak Djokovic v Richard Gasquet

heretoday
08-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Andy must do something about that serve. If Federer plays like he did today he'll be all over it.

Mikey09
09-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Andy must do something about that serve. If Federer plays like he did today he'll be all over it.

Murray must up his 1st serve percentage against Federer as his 2nd serve is pretty slow. Your right, Federer will crucify that second serve.

Sir David Gray
09-07-2015, 11:34 AM
I think Murray will win tomorrow. I think both he and Djokovic have too much for Federer over five sets now but I think it will be close.

Sir David Gray
09-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Jamie Murray and his partner John Peers are close to making the men's doubles final. They are two sets to one up and 4-1 up in the fourth set.

Sir David Gray
09-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Jamie Murray and John Peers are through to the final in four sets.

Could it be a Murray double this weekend?

snooky
09-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Jamie Murray and John Peers are through to the final in four sets.

Could it be a Murray double this weekend?

Aye, but win or loss? :wink:

C'mon the Murrays :scarf:

Sir David Gray
09-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Aye, but win or loss? :wink:

C'mon the Murrays :scarf:

I'm actually a bit more confident of Jamie winning to be honest. Andy's obviously not even in the final yet and to get there he'll need to beat someone who's not only the greatest player of all time and the seven times champion but Federer is also arguably playing the best tennis he's played for many years.

As I said earlier though, I do fancy Murray to come through tomorrow but then he's probably going to face the world number one and defending champion on Sunday.

If Andy wins from here, it will be a great achievement.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2015, 11:25 PM
I'm actually a bit more confident of Jamie winning to be honest.

I concur, cannae see Andy's second serve win him through the business end of the tournament, Novak for me, hope I'm wrong though.

CallumLaidlaw
10-07-2015, 11:58 AM
So, semi final day. Can't see anything but Novak in the first one.

Murray v Federer - Both playing very well, and I really hope Andy does it, but I have a niggly feeling that Federer will have the measure of him today.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Murray just can't get near the Federer serve here.

He's not playing badly but Federer is sublime on serve at the moment.

CallumLaidlaw
10-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Murray just can't get near the Federer serve here.

He's not playing badly but Federer is sublime on serve at the moment.

Scary how well Federer is playing. Superb from Murray there just to save 3 break points

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 04:43 PM
That was some game.

Utterly outstanding tennis by both players and Murray may well have just kept any chance he has alive. You feel if he goes 2 sets down today then it's over.

CallumLaidlaw
10-07-2015, 04:46 PM
That was some game.

Utterly outstanding tennis by both players and Murray may well have just kept any chance he has alive. You feel if he goes 2 sets down today then it's over.

The last 2 games says it all. Murray giving everything to scrape the game after umpteen deuces, then Fed serves out to love. :rolleyes:

Sylar
10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
The last 2 games says it all. Murray giving everything to scrape the game after umpteen deuces, then Fed serves out to love. :rolleyes:

Murray has such a knack for finding the net when it matters - much more so than any of the other top players.

Federer is playing some imperious tennis here - so is Murray in fairness but Roger looks much more commanding.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 04:52 PM
This is over.

No way is Murray winning 3 unanswered sets with Federer in this form.

lyonhibs
10-07-2015, 04:53 PM
That will be that then. Not on your life is Murray coming back from 2 sets down.

Utterly imperious from Federer.

Sir David Gray
10-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Just in from work and have only seen two games and it's quite apparent that Federer's miles ahead today in both mind and body.

This will be over quite soon I feel.

Quite surprised by the scoreline so far.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 05:05 PM
What was that game all about.?

Murray looked totally disinterested.

lyonhibs
10-07-2015, 05:09 PM

He's getting pumped something rotten. There could be a 5 a-side team of Murrays out there and the way Federer is playing, and especially serving, he'd still be winning.

No wonder he's a touch miffed.

Diclonius
10-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Why is it that Federer always brings out his "play-like-a-man-possessed" game against ****ing Murray?

stoneyburn hibs
10-07-2015, 05:15 PM

Murray will never be disinterested.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Federers a dick.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Murray will never be disinterested.

I'm not saying he was disinterested but he looked it.

He left a ball that was never going out in a month of Sundays, pushed a forehand mid court and just stood and watched it then tried a lob that was never on.

I think it was more desperation than disinterest but it was all a bit strange.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 05:25 PM
That's that.

Superb stuff from Federer, hope he wins it.

stoneyburn hibs
10-07-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm not saying he was disinterested but he looked it.

He left a ball that was never going out in a month of Sundays, pushed a forehand mid court and just stood and watched it then tried a lob that was never on.

I think it was more desperation than disinterest but it was all a bit strange.

Of course it's easy for us to try and read it from our armchair. Fed has just blown Murray away, I'm not that gutted as he lost to a legend, Fed would have defeated ND today the way he played. Hope Roger wins the final.

Sir David Gray
10-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Game, set and match Federer, 7-5 7-5 6-4.

Bit of an anti-climax to be honest but that's a big compliment to Federer. Murray was never really given a chance.

Hope Federer goes on to win his 8th Wimbledon on Sunday. It will be tough against Djokovic but if he plays as well as he did today then Federer has every chance.

God Petrie
10-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Federers a dick.

This. A smug arrogant arse without a single ounce of humility.

Sir David Gray
10-07-2015, 07:46 PM

I think that's very unfair.

I don't even think Federer's all that arrogant to be honest. He's supremely confident in his own abilities but I think that's normal when you've won what he's won over the last 10 years or so.

If he is so arrogant and lacking in humility then why don't you hear any player, either past or present, say anything bad about him?

I've never heard anything negative said about Roger Federer.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2015, 07:46 PM

Roddick found it really difficult to say a good word about the smug arrogant prick during commentary.

God Petrie
10-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I think that's very unfair.

I don't even think Federer's all that arrogant to be honest. He's supremely confident in his own abilities but I think that's normal when you've won what he's won over the last 10 years or so.

If he is so arrogant and lacking in humility then why don't you hear any player, either past or present, say anything bad about him?

I've never heard anything negative said about Roger Federer.

I've heard multiple negatives things about Federer and every public appearance of his seems to back it up. It's always about him never about anything or anyone else. It's nauseating and even more nauseating is the wimbledon establishments love in for him.

Sir David Gray
10-07-2015, 07:54 PM
I've heard multiple negatives things about Federer and every public appearance of his seems to back it up. It's always about him never about anything or anyone else. It's nauseating and even more nauseating is the wimbledon establishments love in for him.

A wee read through this may change your mind.

http://www.rogerfedererfoundation.org/en/home/

God Petrie
10-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Not really.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2015, 08:04 PM

He's the best ever at what he does, why shouldn't it be all about him?

For the record I think that's nonsense. He's usually very complimentary about his opponents win or lose. As has been pointed out above he takes on his fair share of his charity commitments as well.

Then again the only thing people hate more than a loser is a winner.

stoneyburn hibs
10-07-2015, 10:07 PM

I'll give you the Wimbledon establishment, as for the rest of your post....what a load of pish. Any public appearance I've ever seen of him is match related. Always gracious in victory or defeat. What have you heard ?

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2015, 10:43 PM
He's the best ever at what he does, why shouldn't it be all about him?

For the record I think that's nonsense. He's usually very complimentary about his opponents win or lose. As has been pointed out above he takes on his fair share of his charity commitments as well.

Then again the only thing people hate more than a loser is a winner.

I usually love a sportsman with an arrogant swagger: Eubank, Prince Naseem, Haye etc but Federer just doesn't do it in the same way.

His after match interview when he beat Roddick at Wimbledon a few years ago should blow the myth about him being gracious win or lose. Patronising is the word I'd use. I'd prefer **** but that gets blocked on here.

lord bunberry
10-07-2015, 11:44 PM
I usually love a sportsman with an arrogant swagger: Eubank, Prince Naseem, Haye etc but Federer just doesn't do it in the same way.

His after match interview when he beat Roddick at Wimbledon a few years ago should blow the myth about him being gracious win or lose. Patronising is the word I'd use. I'd prefer **** but that gets blocked on here.

I agree. I usually hate the British habit of backing the underdog and hating the winner. Federer is the most unlikable tennis player I've ever seen. I remember guys like Sampras who won all the time, but always remained humble. I personally think it's a Swiss thing, they're all like that.

stoneyburn hibs
11-07-2015, 12:05 AM
I really don't get this dislike of Federer, what has the guy done wrong ? I think I can see ok, never have I seen him being arrogant, and as an avid tennis fan I have seen most of his professional career.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 01:22 AM
I really don't get this dislike of Federer, what has the guy done wrong ? I think I can see ok, never have I seen him being arrogant, and as an avid tennis fan I have seen most of his professional career.

:agree: Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player who has ever lived and I doubt his records will be broken any time soon. His attitude is not in any doubt in my opinion and I sincerely hope he wins Grand Slam title number 18 on Sunday.

McSwanky
11-07-2015, 06:31 AM
I agree. I usually hate the British habit of backing the underdog and hating the winner. Federer is the most unlikable tennis player I've ever seen. I remember guys like Sampras who won all the time, but always remained humble. I personally think it's a Swiss thing, they're all like that.
Classy. Know everyone from Switzerland, do you?

Mon Dieu4
11-07-2015, 06:56 AM

I'm with you, I can't take to Federer or Djokavic at all, I love arrogance if done in a wayward genius sense like O'sullivan or Zlatan but these two are the Ronaldo of tennis, impeccable at what they do and admire the work they put in but zero personality at all

Betty Boop
11-07-2015, 07:22 AM
:agree: Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player who has ever lived and I doubt his records will be broken any time soon. His attitude is not in any doubt in my opinion and I sincerely hope he wins Grand Slam title number 18 on Sunday.
:top marks

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Serena Williams rattles off three games in a row and comes from a break down to take the first set 6-4 against Garbine Muguruza in the women's final.

I can't see her losing it from here.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 02:32 PM
What a comeback from Muguruza!

I had everything prepared for what I was going to say about Serena winning yet another Grand Slam title but she has just broken Serena twice to come back from 5-1 down and it is now back on serve in the second set, with Muguruza to serve at 4-5.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 02:35 PM
But the comeback is shortlived.

Serena Williams wins 6-4 6-4 for her 21st Grand Slam title and her 6th Wimbledon title.

The 'Serena Slam' is complete as she now holds all four Grand Slam titles and if she can defend her US Open title in a couple of months then she'll achieve the Calendar Year Grand Slam, which is something that hasn't been done for almost 30 years when Steffi Graf won all four titles in 1988.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2015, 02:50 PM

I agree, enjoyed his masterclass against Murray.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 02:54 PM

I didn't particularly enjoy the result yesterday and wanted Murray to be in the final but now that Federer is in the final, I want him to win.

weecounty hibby
11-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Serena Williams wins 6-4 6-4 for her 21st Grand Slam title and her 6th Wimbledon title.

The 'Serena Slam' is complete as she now holds all four Grand Slam titles and if she can defend her US Open title in a couple of months then she'll achieve the Calendar Year Grand Slam, which is something that hasn't been done for almost 30 years when Steffi Graf won all four titles in 1988.

Steffi Graf😍😍😘💜. The most amazingly sexy long legs. And a great tennis player

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Things aren't looking great for Jamie Murray in the men's doubles final just now.

He and partner John Peers are a set and a break down against Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau.

--------
11-07-2015, 04:46 PM

Andy Murray is a very gifted tennis player - the best Britain has produced in 70-plus years, but when Federer is at top form as he has been this Wimbledon he's almost unbeatable.

He and Djokovic are the Big Two right now and there's not a lot of point in complaining about it. They just are.

I think that sometimes in his interviews Federer plays mind-games with his upcoming opponents but he's a truly great player whom it's a joy to watch.

Just a pity it was at Andy Murray's expense, I agree, but there are a lot of sour grapes flying around here, IMO.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Jamie Murray and John Peers lose the men's doubles final in straight sets.

heretoday
12-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Andy needs to get that serve sorted. It's the weak part of his game. He didn't do much else wrong against Federer really.

heretoday
12-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Roddick found it really difficult to say a good word about the smug arrogant prick during commentary.

I think you'll find most of the top players are pretty arrogant including Andy. They have to have an unswerving belief in themselves to win.

Federer is quite simply the complete tennis player. If he comes across as arrogant then it's too bad.

Danderhall Hibs
12-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I think you'll find most of the top players are pretty arrogant including Andy. They have to have an unswerving belief in themselves to win.

Federer is quite simply the complete tennis player. If he comes across as arrogant then it's too bad.

As I said I like an arrogance in a top sportsman but I really don't like his type of arrogance. And it's nothing to do with him beating Murray either.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 01:40 PM
One break apiece so far in the final. Federer broke first to lead 4-2 but Djokovic broke straight back.

Currently 5-5.

Well done as well to Jordanne Whiley on winning the ladies' doubles wheelchair final with partner Yui Kamiji.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 01:54 PM
First set to Djokovic on a tiebreak.

You have to fancy Djokovic from here.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 02:52 PM
What a point that was!

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 02:54 PM
What a backhand that was by Roger!

He's just saved three set points.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Make that four set points!

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Unbelievable one each

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Federer levels it up at one set all after saving six set points.

This could be one of the all time great finals.

Come on Roger!

Betty Boop
12-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Federer levels it up at one set all after saving six set points.

This could be one of the all time great finals.

Come on Roger!

What a match, fantastic entertainment ! Mon the Fed express !

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Match suspended with Djokovic a break up in the third set.

Could that help Federer like it did in 2012 when the final against Murray was suspended and the remainder of the match was played under the roof?

Mr White
12-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Does it take an hour or so to get the roof closed and ready?

Mr White
12-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Covers coming off. Excellent, just sat down with some crisps cheese and a glass of beer to see the rain delay!

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Does it take an hour or so to get the roof closed and ready?

Around 40 minutes.

It takes around 10 minutes to close the roof and then around 30 minutes to get the air temperature correct.

Apparently they are expecting the rain to start again shortly.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Meanwhile Djokovic takes the third set 6-4.

Obviously the delay didn't affect him!

Mr White
12-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Around 40 minutes.

It takes around 10 minutes to close the roof and then around 30 minutes to get the air temperature correct.

Apparently they are expecting the rain to start again shortly.

Cheers. I would have thought it would make more sense to close the thing for a final if rain is forecast. I heard what tim henman said about it being an outdoor tournament but if the roof is there and can provide an unbroken final seems odd to take the risk of multiple rain stoppages.

Mr White
12-07-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't see roger lasting much longer here.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Federer on the brink.

He's just saved two break points at 4-2 down to hold his serve but Djokovic is still a break up and serving at 4-3.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Cheers. I would have thought it would make more sense to close the thing for a final if rain is forecast. I heard what tim henman said about it being an outdoor tournament but if the roof is there and can provide an unbroken final seems odd to take the risk of multiple rain stoppages.

I would never start a match with the roof closed unless it was obvious that rain was forecast from the start.

I do agree with Henman that they should have the roof open whenever possible and only close it as a last resort.

Mr White
12-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I would never start a match with the roof closed unless it was obvious that rain was forecast from the start.

I do agree with Henman that they should have the roof open whenever possible and only close it as a last resort.
Fair enough. Doesn't look like it's going to matter much today!

Mr White
12-07-2015, 04:26 PM
2 championship points...

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Djokovic wins 7-6 6-7 6-4 6-3.

Decent match in the end but not quite the classic I thought it might have been.

Mr White
12-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Well played novak

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Solid title defence by Djokovic, nice one.

Mr White
12-07-2015, 04:53 PM
It's great to see the sportsmanship that exists in tennis where the losing finalist can talk so genuinely and graciously in defeat into a microphone in front of the victor, the crowd and the tv audience. However, maybe it's the football fan in me that would chuckle if there was a real toys out the pram moment with a few expletives thrown in "that ****s a cheating ******* I was robbed **** youse all" before barging past Sue Barker and storming off in a huff. Maybe if sparky had picked up a racquet instead of a football... :greengrin

3pm
12-07-2015, 05:59 PM
And on that note, my Skybet account has been emptied on both Djokovic and Stan.

If Murray wins it, I won't care about the money!

Ker-Ching!

(((Fergus)))
13-07-2015, 07:23 AM
It's great to see the sportsmanship that exists in tennis where the losing finalist can talk so genuinely and graciously in defeat into a microphone in front of the victor, the crowd and the tv audience. However, maybe it's the football fan in me that would chuckle if there was a real toys out the pram moment with a few expletives thrown in "that ****s a cheating ******* I was robbed **** youse all" before barging past Sue Barker and storming off in a huff. Maybe if sparky had picked up a racquet instead of a football... :greengrin

:thumbsup:Now THAT would make that tournament a bit more watchable.

On the other hand, there's not much room for cheating in tennis during matches. Even if the ref's a mason - or a Knight of Columbus - he/she can always be overruled by the video. Maybe if the same thing applied in football we'd see the same impeccable manners from Scottish footballers. OK maybe not.

hibsbollah
13-07-2015, 08:26 AM

wasnt it '85?

Danderhall Hibs
13-07-2015, 11:59 AM
wasnt it '85?

No - she won the Olympic Gold as welll in that year.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2015, 08:59 PM
wasnt it '85?

Nope, she didn't win her first Grand Slam title until the French Open in 1987.