PDA

View Full Version : 6 Match Ticket

Since90+2
26-06-2015, 11:29 AM
A colleague of mine who is a Sheep fan just mentioned he had purchased a 6 match ticket and it sounds like a good idea.

Basically you purchase an open ended 6 match ticket for the season and this can be used to attend any 6 matches of your choosing. Does anyone else agree this could be a good idea to bridge the gap between people who cant commit to a full season ticket but would like to support the club in this way instead of the odd walk up?

Keith_M
26-06-2015, 11:34 AM
What happens if it is a sell out?

Since the new East Stand was built, how many times have we sold out ER?

WeeRussell
26-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Absolutely.

Although if you book a specific seat (like season tickets) without knowing which games you are going to attend then it poses issues if lots of people take up the offer... not that we are close to selling out or anything.

Could work if they are not for specific seats and you can go on and choose your seat up until matchday to confirm you are using your ticket for that week :confused:

Like the idea - wonder how Aberdeen work it.

Future17
26-06-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm assuming you still have to collect individual match tickets for each game in advance?

What is the main advantage for the purchaser? Potentially lower cost?

Do they have any distinction between Category A, B etc. games?

Steve-O
26-06-2015, 11:37 AM
If it's an all ticket match you could just go and show your 6 match pass and get a ticket. Easy.

Wellington Phoenix manage it here so am sure Hibs can.

scoopyboy
26-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Since the new East Stand was built, how many times have we sold out ER?

I deleted the post as I thought twice about it.

However it could sell out though, couldn't it?

Since90+2
26-06-2015, 11:38 AM
I'm assuming you still have to collect individual match tickets for each game in advance? What is the main advantage for the purchaser? Potentially lower cost? Do they have any distinction between Category A, B etc. games? I would imagine you get a discount for purchasing the 6 games but no idea how Aberdeen work it. There is no restriction on the games you can attend as far as I am aware.

scoopyboy
If it's an all ticket match you could just go and show your 6 match pass and get a ticket. Easy.

Wellington Phoenix manage it here so am sure Hibs can.

Is it for a specific seat?

WeeRussell

Nope - not if it hasn't since the East stand was built. :greengrin

scoopyboy
Nope - not if it hasn't since the East stand was built. :greengrin

it has though.

WeeRussell
26-06-2015, 11:41 AM
it has though.

I'm sure it has bound to. I was actually meaning that post to be a mock of the previous one to you suggesting that we shouldn't even consider a sell-out because it hasn't done so much over the past few years!

Steve-O
26-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Is it for a specific seat?

They do give you an exact seat, however it never gets near a sellout.

matty_f
26-06-2015, 11:48 AM
I like the idea of these things as well.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-06-2015, 11:50 AM

If the theory about there being an infinite number of universes is correct, then hell, YES! :greengrin

3pm
26-06-2015, 11:51 AM
it has though.

On more than one occasion.

Benefit is it that you'd have the money in the bank up front.

marinello59
26-06-2015, 11:56 AM
If buying a six match ticket gives you a guaranteed saving given as unlike a ST you run no risk of missing a game it would have to be priced very carefully.

E10 Rifle
26-06-2015, 12:02 PM
It's a great idea. You wouldn't be guaranteed a seat for your match, you'd just have a credit to purchase 6 match tickets if available and you just purchase a ticket for a seat online in the same way you would for any match using this system. If it's sold out and you're too late - then too bad, you just have to wait until the next game. :aok:

Franck Stanton
26-06-2015, 12:03 PM
This would be a great idea, especially for me as I am out of the country for 6 weeks from Jan 3rd to Feb 14th every year so a S/T for me isn't good value [although still get one], this idea would certainly work for me as I could buy one every 6 home games and just miss out for the times I am away. Just for info - I have contacted the ticket office recently enquiring if it was possible to purchase a 1st half of season ticket but they said it wasn't possible, 2nd half or full season only.

thebakerboy
26-06-2015, 12:09 PM
If you used up all six tickets could you buy another six , which would probably suit me as I have a season but miss a few games every season. Would mean I could plan my games better. Therefore better for me but better for the club I think maybe not.

Since90+2
26-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Seems like a few people like the sound of the idea.

I have dropped Hibs an email to get their thoughts and will pass on once I hear back :aok:

E10 Rifle
26-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Most important thing for the club would be cash in the bank up front and I would reckon a certain % would pay but not use all six, perhaps realising a very small additional profit. I have three folk in the office (occasional walk-ups) that would purchase this product if it was a reality. Good luck with it.

heretoday
26-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Sounds a great idea. Allows those of us who can't commit to a full season the feeling that we're contributing something.

patlowe
26-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Much as I want the fans to have as much flexibility as possible in buying tickets, I think the club would be apprehensive about releasing anything that has the potential to undermine the season ticket. I look forward to seeing how it goes at Aberdeen - how it's priced, how they settled on the figure of six games etc. You have to think that the future of football attendance in this country has to be built on innovation around ticketing as the current model is very stale.

iwasthere1972
26-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Is it valid for any category game?

Anything to get more bums on seats is a good thing. Can't see there be a huge saving, if any, in purchasing a six match pass.

erin go bragh
26-06-2015, 01:52 PM

No chance . We didn't sell out against sevco in the play off semi .

GGTTH

E10 Rifle
26-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Much as I want the fans to have as much flexibility as possible in buying tickets, I think the club would be apprehensive about releasing anything that has the potential to undermine the season ticket. I look forward to seeing how it goes at Aberdeen - how it's priced, how they settled on the figure of six games etc. You have to think that the future of football attendance in this country has to be built on innovation around ticketing as the current model is very stale.

Probably done using the stats on their database - 6 being the number they arrived at based non ST sales per person registered

Keith_M
26-06-2015, 01:56 PM

Oops, didn't see that.

....and to answer your question: Theoretically but I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

:wink:

Since90+2
26-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Aberdeen are doing the package for £119. Seems like decent value.

hfc rd
26-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Think this is a brilliant idea.

Golden Bear
26-06-2015, 04:12 PM
On the surface of it, this seems an excellent idea. It would be interesting to find out more regarding pricing, match availability etc.

Kavinho
26-06-2015, 04:40 PM
No.
Speaking as someone who attends about that many games a year, it would instantly limit me (psychologically at least) to choosing the 6 and not attending other games.

What benefit to the club? Particularly if you are then also applying a discount..

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2015, 04:56 PM
No.
Speaking as someone who attends about that many games a year, it would instantly limit me (psychologically at least) to choosing the 6 and not attending other games.

What benefit to the club? Particularly if you are then also applying a discount..

I think you can pick and choose which games you watch (a bit like what you do now). You can always attend the other games? It doesn't ban you from attending the other games?

I think the benefit to the club is they get more 'guaranteed' cash up-front whilst the fan gets a little discount. Everyone's a winner...

You say you watch about 6 matches but if you happen to miss a match and only see 5, then they lose money.

I think it's a good idea. As mentioned previously, any new and innovative ideas should be explored.

lord bunberry
26-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't think it's something we would do, the saving would have to be pretty small so that it wouldn't upset season ticket holders. If you want to go to 6 games then just go to 6 games, I don't see the point of it myself.

1875godsgift
26-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't think it's something we would do, the saving would have to be pretty small so that it wouldn't upset season ticket holders. If you want to go to 6 games then just go to 6 games, I don't see the point of it myself.

Might make a nice birthday / Christmas present to give to someone? 🌟

lord bunberry
26-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Might make a nice birthday / Christmas present to give to someone? 🌟

I hadn't really considered that. It wouldn't really work as a Christmas present as we'd be into half season ticket territory.

emerald green
26-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Anything that might get people back to attending matches at ER, as well as generating income for the club (no matter how much), can only be a good thing.

It would be interesting to know exactly how this works at Aberdeen. They must think it's worthwhile doing.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Did we not do something similar with a membership card, a couple of years ago?

DH1875
26-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I tend to go to more away games than going to ER these days. Sounds good to me, I'd probably buy one.

Frazerbob
26-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Aberdeen do this due to the number of supporters who are offshore workers who can't manage most weeks due to being, well, offshore.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2015, 07:48 PM
I'd get one of these, especially if they gave it first dibs on cup final tickets.

PatHead
26-06-2015, 08:32 PM
This has been discussed before by Hibs when looking at ways of increasing turnouts at matches.

The fear was that it would lead to a large reduction in the number of season tickets as a lot of season ticket holders cannot make all games. They might go for the cheaper option and if we were having a bad season just not bother getting more 6 match packs. This could affect budgeting for the season.

It was also considered as a way of service men/woman to buy tickets if they knew they were going away. It would work for offshore or shift workers as well.

I will raise it next month and see how it flies.

Just out of interest do people think it would be worthwhile making tickets slightly cheaper if they were purchased prior to matchday. printed by purchaser and not collected from the ticket office or would that be unfair on folk without a computer?

LancashireHibby
26-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Personally I'd suggest (and prefer) a membership scheme whereby you pay £30 and save £3-£5 per home game.

Bridges the gap between ST holders and walk up which is handy for priorities for away games, gives a saving if you commit to attend a significant number of games but does so without undermining either the savings offered to season ticket holders nor the security of having your own seat guaranteed.

E10 Rifle
05-07-2015, 11:07 AM
This has been discussed before by Hibs when looking at ways of increasing turnouts at matches.

The fear was that it would lead to a large reduction in the number of season tickets as a lot of season ticket holders cannot make all games. They might go for the cheaper option and if we were having a bad season just not bother getting more 6 match packs. This could affect budgeting for the season.

It was also considered as a way of service men/woman to buy tickets if they knew they were going away. It would work for offshore or shift workers as well.

Just out of interest do people think it would be worthwhile making tickets slightly cheaper if they were purchased prior to matchday. printed by purchaser and not collected from the ticket office or would that be unfair on folk without a computer?

The only additional point I'd make it they've got to make kids tickets cheaper for the majority of matches too (obviously not the bigger ones) but for me this scheme is a flyer (however they decide to cut it)

Speedy
05-07-2015, 11:35 AM
We need to make season tickets better value.

Once we've done that we can offer other schemes that are better value than individual tickets but not risk the take up of season tickets (as much).

Gerard
05-07-2015, 12:15 PM
I think this issue needs discussion. It will be raised at the next WT meeting.

TowerHibs
05-07-2015, 01:03 PM
People looking for problems here - the people who will use this will be those used to sitting in different seats or moving during he game to get closer to ST friends.

We will not sell out once this season so don't see the issue here. Get it done

Billy Whizz
05-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I think this issue needs discussion. It will be raised at the next WT meeting.

Gerard, a season ticket in the east costs £360, £20 per game
Suggest around £126 for a 6 game one. What do you think? Think we'll only have 2 Category a games this Season in the league

Golden Bear
05-07-2015, 01:22 PM
People looking for problems here - the people who will use this will be those used to sitting in different seats or moving during he game to get closer to ST friends.

We will not sell out once this season so don't see the issue here. Get it done

Well said.

The 6 match Ticket is a great idea and offers the flexibility which I'd guess many fans are after.

E10 Rifle
05-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Well said.

The 6 match Ticket is a great idea and offers the flexibility which I'd guess many fans are after.

:aok:

Jack
06-07-2015, 07:34 AM

Well, while you're chatting about that can you add in a deal for students at universities in Edinburgh?

Normal student price is £160.

Thing is by the time these students start, in October, we'll have already played 4 games then they'll go home at Christmas and Easter maybe another 4 games. That's almost half a seasons worth.

Not to mention the number of 12 o'clock ish kick offs on a Sunday they've nae chance of making!

MB62
06-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Many years ago I suggested we should sell 3 game packages, one of which would include Cat A games. The thinking behind it was to save us getting ripped off paying £28 for a game that was live on T.V. and it also got round the rule of charging fans the same with like for like stands (or whatever the rule is).
At £22 for a normal game and £28 for Cat A games, if you sell 3 game packages for say £65, we could still charge the Yams, dodgers & current buns their £28 in the knowledge they nearly always fill their stand anyway. It also gave PAYG Hibs fans a wee bit of a bonus and might entice those who refused to pay £28 to drag themselves away from the telly, and not upset S.T. holders too much (hopefully).

Gerard
06-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Gerard, a season ticket in the east costs £360, £20 per game
Suggest around £126 for a 6 game one. What do you think? Think we'll only have 2 Category a games this Season in the league

thanks

Gerard
06-07-2015, 05:05 PM
thanks Will discuss at next WT meeting.

Hibbyradge
06-07-2015, 05:32 PM
I've been calling for something like this, for years.

A season ticket doesn't add up for me just now, but I'd happily buy a half season every May if I could choose my games.

HibeeHutch
06-07-2015, 06:36 PM
The Whitecaps offer a similar pre-selected games pack here in Vancouver, which is very popular.

You select 9 games and buy your pack of tickets.

The club still has around 14,000+ season ticket holders and averages about 19-20,000 a game.

Good idea in my opinion.

Hibbyradge
06-07-2015, 06:47 PM
The Whitecaps offer a similar pre-selected games pack here in Vancouver, which is very popular.

You select 9 games and buy your pack of tickets.

The club still has around 14,000+ season ticket holders and averages about 19-20,000 a game.

Good idea in my opinion.

I've got tickets to see the Whitecaps v Real Salt Lake on 8 Aug!

Amit
06-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Some good points made here. During this evening's Telethon at the ticket office, a supporter also mentioned this idea to me. They are moving overseas but wouldn't mind pre-purchasing a number of tickets as they could then book tickets for games when they are back in Edinburgh.

However, we need to be careful here with respect to pricing as some have already pointed out it could devalue full ST holders.

How about a package which is valid from the start of the season to just before we launch half STs? Make the pricing point per game better value than walk-up but not vs full ST or Half ST (in terms of price per game).

Also, package to include or exclude Category A? I would suggest exclude as it would make the package cheaper overall.

Thoughts? [emoji106]

Ronniekirk
06-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Some good points made here. During this evening's Telethon at the ticket office, a supporter also mentioned this idea to me. They are moving overseas but wouldn't mind pre-purchasing a number of tickets as they could then book tickets for games when they are back in Edinburgh.

However, we need to be careful here with respect to pricing as some have already pointed out it could devalue full ST holders.

How about a package which is valid from the start of the season to just before we launch half STs? Make the pricing point per game better value than walk-up but not vs full ST or Half ST (in terms of price per game).

Also, package to include or exclude Category A? I would suggest exclude as it would make the package cheaper overall.

Thoughts? [emoji106]

If we are struggling to shift 7 000 Season Tickets it has to be worth Trying it out to see what uptake is you would have thought ,and between now and when half seasons go on sale would be ideal time to try it Agree needs to exclude category A games
You enjoying your role and is it turning out how you thought it would ?

Amit
06-07-2015, 11:21 PM
If we are struggling to shift 7 000 Season Tickets it has to be worth Trying it out to see what uptake is you would have thought ,and between now and when half seasons go on sale would be ideal time to try it Agree needs to exclude category A games
You enjoying your role and is it turning out how you thought it would ?

It's been great and an absolute honour, so thanks again to everyone who voted for me. Both myself and Frank actively participate in all meetings and also help out with other tasks at the club (anywhere we can help). It is hard work at times with everything else that's going on but I'm not shy when it comes to that (I'm doing 3 jobs at the moment - the 9 to 5, which pays the bills academy recruitment and the board - the latter two purely out of my love for the club). It's all good though. [emoji106]

I'm hoping the re-vamped Working Together meetings, which all supporters will hear far more about, will provide the platform for more people to get involved with the club or at the very least hear what's happening and provide some valuable views and feedback.

[emoji106]

hongkonghibee
07-07-2015, 03:25 AM
I would like to see more benefits added to the season ticket. eg. 10% off everything in club shop 10% off all catering food and drinks free tour of training centre/meet players free tour of Easter Rd
that kind of added benefits for season ticket holders would mean other options for walk -up fans like 6 match tickets could be offered without benefits.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-07-2015, 04:25 AM
I would like to see more benefits added to the season ticket. eg. 10% off everything in club shop 10% off all catering food and drinks free tour of training centre/meet players free tour of Easter Rd
that kind of added benefits for season ticket holders would mean other options for walk -up fans like 6 match tickets could be offered without benefits.

Agreed. Did we not receive a voucher for a free(half price?) strip a few seasons ago? I still get my season ticket each season purely to give the manager the funds when they are most needed. A season ticket makes no economic sense to me though as I miss, on average, 6 home games every season through holidays etc.
There definitely needs to be a fresh approach to ticketing because the status quo isn't working. 6 game packages would worry be slightly in the sense that someone like me, who makes about 12 games per season, could just buy two packages at approx £125 each. This would lose the club £110 on their normal season ticket. For the record, I would continue to buy my season ticket for the reason mentioned above. I'm sure there would those that wouldn't though. Definitely worth discussing though.

Jack
07-07-2015, 06:36 AM

Thoughts? [emoji106]

Why not just do a half season ticket for the first half of the season?

Amit
07-07-2015, 06:40 AM
Why not just do a half season ticket for the first half of the season?

This is only my opinion, not sure if it's shared with anyone else, but there would be a risk that 1st Half STs cannibalise Full ST sales. Is there a guarantee that 1st Half ST holders would renew for the 2nd Half? Not so sure. It would also means less in the player budget for the manager.

MB62
07-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Thoughts? [emoji106]

I have always had a big problem with Cat A games and the increase in prices for them. I can understand why the club does it, to try and screw the captive audience of the away fans who generally fill that end. However, as a home supporter, I object to paying £28 to watch a game that is normally live on T.V. and at a time and date that is unsuitable.
These days, I very much decide late on whether I am going to bother or not and given the amount of spaces seen in the home stands at these games, there are plenty more like me.
Wee packages like what has been mentioned might just be the difference between dragging myself out the house away from the telly or not and I think they are worth a try.

Mr White
07-07-2015, 11:40 AM

Thoughts? [emoji106]

I think that was me Amit, good talking to you last night albeit briefly and it's good to hear you're enjoying the role, having guys like you involved at the club can only help things progress imo. Hope you got a few lapsed season ticket holders back into the fold too :thumbsup:

Amit
07-07-2015, 12:19 PM
I think that was me Amit, good talking to you last night albeit briefly and it's good to hear you're enjoying the role, having guys like you involved at the club can only help things progress imo. Hope you got a few lapsed season ticket holders back into the fold too :thumbsup:

It was indeed. Same here, it was good chatting to you last night [emoji106]

All the best for the house move!

Eyrie
07-07-2015, 08:03 PM

I think there is something in this. Maybe have a club membership scheme for say £25 per season but free to season ticket holders, and allows various benefits as described above. It could also allow a £1 saving on the purchase of one match ticket for each home game if you don't have a season ticket.

Not so keen on the idea of a six game ticket though as there is a risk that fans will buy one for the first six games to see how things go rather than buy a proper season ticket.