PDA

View Full Version : Tam Mcmanus

mjhibby
26-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Really pleasde to see him helping youngsters with gordon dalziel.Always thought he could have achieved more if he could have applied himself but still couldnt help but like his wee cheeky chappie outlook.His superb volley at ibrox ranks as one of my favourite ever hibs goals.Good luck with the coaching tam.

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-06-2015, 07:52 AM
What club is he at?

Hamish
26-06-2015, 07:55 AM
What club is he at?

Gartcairn in Airdrie.

CraigHibee
26-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Really pleasde to see him helping youngsters with gordon dalziel.Always thought he could have achieved more if he could have applied himself but still couldnt help but like his wee cheeky chappie outlook.His superb volley at ibrox ranks as one of my favourite ever hibs goals.Good luck with the coaching tam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

and what a cracking goal that was!

Keith_M
26-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Tam was just a young laddie doing what every young laddie does at his age, etc.

flash
26-06-2015, 08:58 AM
What a goal that was. Zidane scored one of them at hampden and the whole world raved about it.

bigwheel
26-06-2015, 08:59 AM
What a goal that was. Zidane scored one of them at hampden and the whole world raved about it.

indeed, did he score a scorcher at Parkhead as well...or is my memory deceiving me??

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2015, 09:09 AM
indeed, did he score a scorcher at Parkhead as well...or is my memory deceiving me??

Sure I remember that as well but think it was further out. He scored a few great goals in his time.

jane_says
26-06-2015, 09:16 AM

Other side of the box, on the floor. Curled it high and it dipped right into the postage stamp. Braw goal.

mjhibby
26-06-2015, 09:50 AM
What club is he at?

The article in the paper said he was currently playing with Limerick. A truly brilliant goal and one I think klos in Rangers goal admitted afterwards.

.Sean.
26-06-2015, 11:24 AM
I remember him scoring an absolute raker of a free kick against Aberdeen aswell.

heretoday
26-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Not the brainiest of strikers who would run about up front to little effect, it was hard not to like Tam of the choirboy looks. Wasn't he involved in some pole-dancing high jinks up town one night?

iwasthere1972
26-06-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that he scored in about the last minute of a cup tie at Killie about 12 years ago. Wasn't a cracker but an important goal nonetheless.

bigwheel
26-06-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that he scored in about the last minute of a cup tie at Killie about 12 years ago. Wasn't a cracker but an important goal nonetheless.

I seem to remember him getting up so high and hanging there so long to score that goal! Great Hibs support and great scenes that day...

Dashing Bob S
26-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Without reading the other posts is this an:

a) in a heartbeat
b) leave well alone
c) never fulfilled his potential, but best of luck in his new venture
or d) tragic waste

ex-Hibs striker's thread?

liamh2202
26-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Not the brainiest of strikers who would run about up front to little effect, it was hard not to like Tam of the choirboy looks. Wasn't he involved in some pole-dancing high jinks up town one night?

He sure was, he got slated in the press so the week after he scored at easter road... Against rangers iirc and celebrated by pole dancing round the stantion 😀

Pretty Boy
26-06-2015, 01:44 PM

Great scenes that day.

The bounce after that goal was unbelievable, the stand was properly shaking and bouncing with us.

Keith_M
26-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Without reading the other posts is this an:

a) in a heartbeat
b) leave well alone
c) never fulfilled his potential, but best of luck in his new venture
or d) tragic waste

ex-Hibs striker's thread?

I'll go with C, though I honestly couldn't give a toss what he's up to nowadays.

When he broke through into the first team, I thought he'd go on to have a great career. I was obviously wrong.

Iceman1875
26-06-2015, 02:02 PM
I'll go with C, though I honestly couldn't give a toss what he's up to nowadays.

When he broke through into the first team, I thought he'd go on to have a great career. I was obviously wrong.

Follow him on Twitter... Now playing part time for some Airdrie team.

Often posts positively about Hibs.

At Easter Road we play...

KWJ
26-06-2015, 02:23 PM
He sure was, he got slated in the press so the week after he scored at easter road... Against rangers iirc and celebrated by pole dancing round the stantion 

Was up at Tannadice.

He scored that winning goal in the cup v Killie and had also scored a important one in the fog at Stirling Albion. Was very unlucky not to make the bench v Celtic in the final, he's said this was one of the toughest moments in his career.

Was a really good interview with him on MNF.

He scored a right raker in the MLS too, beat Beckham to goal of the week when he scored from half way.

Craig_HFC
26-06-2015, 02:42 PM
My Grandad always called him (and still calls him) 'Wee Shiny Face'.

Always loved that nickname.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 03:13 PM
A loved TM!

The goal at Tannadice ( 1 week after ****ing hearts 6-2!! and it was Sauzee's birthday) Where he scored late on at the hibs end and proceeded to lap dance round the pole :greengrin

BTW that goal at Ibrox was outrageous!

Future17
26-06-2015, 03:51 PM
A loved TM!

The goal at Tannadice ( 1 week after ****ing hearts 6-2!! and it was Sauzee's birthday) Where he scored late on at the hibs end and proceeded to lap dance round the pole :greengrin

BTW that goal at Ibrox was outrageous!

Or pole dance round the pole even? :greengrin

You can't lap dance on a pole unless...on second thoughts, never mind...

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 04:04 PM

:hilarious you ken what a ment :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2015, 05:01 PM

:faf:

SouthMoroccoStu
26-06-2015, 05:23 PM
I'll always remember his goal against killie in the Scottish cup quarter final

Couldn't make the game so 'watched' on ceefax

Celebrated like I was there.

That's when I knew I had a problem, a problem called Hibs

McD
26-06-2015, 05:26 PM

A pastime that that had to be experienced to be appreciated :greengrin

Broken Gnome
26-06-2015, 06:05 PM
A loved TM!

Goal and celebration were YEARS apart FFS :greengrin

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Goal and celebration were YEARS apart FFS :greengrin

Am lost ?

Broken Gnome
26-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Am lost ?

The late winner after 6-2 must have been 2000. STRIPCLUBGATE wasn't until Williamson had been there for a good while. Unless he did the pole dance twice, in which case he loses points for lack of originality.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 06:32 PM
The late winner after 6-2 must have been 2000. STRIPCLUBGATE wasn't until Williamson had been there for a good while. Unless he did the pole dance twice, in which case he loses points for lack of originality.

Hibs beat Hearts 6-2 22nd October 2000..Hibs beat Dundee utd 1-0 at Tannadice 28th October exactly 6 days later Tam Mcamanus got a later winner and proceeded to slide down the pole, That's a fact :greengrin

Broken Gnome
26-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Hibs beat Hearts 6-2 22nd October 2000..Hibs beat Dundee utd 1-0 at Tannadice 28th October exactly 6 days later Tam Mcamanus got a later winner and proceeded to slide down the pole, That's a fact :greengrin

I wasn't aware he had such a back catalogue of pole dancery, apologies :greengrin

trev the hat
26-06-2015, 07:34 PM

Pinnacle of TM career that goal & a topper to boot.
Well respected from me anyway 👍

My_Wife_Camille
26-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Andy, we discussed this years ago in the pub:greengrin Tam McManus pole dance incident was May 2003!

Jonnyboy
26-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I had the good fortune to meet and speak with Tam a number of times and he's a top bloke. I always thought he was often his own worst enemy at times as he went into daft challenges and invariably ended up injured as a result.

Still very fond of the Hibees and I know that he loved his time with us :agree:

Bostonhibby
26-06-2015, 09:16 PM
I had the good fortune to meet and speak with Tam a number of times and he's a top bloke. I always thought he was often his own worst enemy at times as he went into daft challenges and invariably ended up injured as a result.

Still very fond of the Hibees and I know that he loved his time with us :agree:

Had a wee exchange with him when he was a sub warming up for Boston Utd some years ago - think he was a bit surprised to hear Hibs mentioned way down here. Good player with hell of a lot of unrealised potential.

liamh2202
26-06-2015, 10:22 PM

The pole dance after the town incident was definitely in front of the ff. I was sitting with my old man after selling happy hibby tickets. I remember being in the dressing room afterwards

KWJ
26-06-2015, 10:29 PM
The pole dance after the town incident was definitely in front of the ff. I was sitting with my old man after selling happy hibby tickets. I remember being in the dressing room afterwards

So he did it more than once?

The one that made the papers and got Bobby to fine him was at Tannadice.

Andy74
26-06-2015, 10:30 PM
So he did it more than once?

The one that made the papers and got Bobby to fine him was at Tannadice.

It was at Tannadice. Don't think it was the Sauzee birthday game though.

high bee
26-06-2015, 11:16 PM

26th April 2013 away at Tannadice is a confirmed occurrence.

Forza Fred
27-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Good luck to Tam, and he's lucky that he can still do what he loves....play fitba.....

Does not matter at what level....as long as you enjoy it keep playing, and for as long as you can.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2015, 08:11 AM

What was that in relation too? Was there more than one incident involving pole dancing? Genuine question because the high profile pole dancing incident was 3 years later.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibernian-fine-players-involved-in-lap-dance-revelations-1-644813

JimBHibees
27-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Agree different games I think. Tam scored a late winner at Tannadice in a 1 0 and jumped the wall into the crowd behind the goal. Pole dancing goal was different match.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2015, 12:20 PM
What was that in relation too? Was there more than one incident involving pole dancing? Genuine question because the high profile pole dancing incident was 3 years later.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibernian-fine-players-involved-in-lap-dance-revelations-1-644813

Andy, we discussed this years ago in the pub:greengrin Tam McManus pole dance incident was May 2003!

Could have sworn it was after the 6-2 game! Must be getting old :greengrin

It was defo at Tannadice the pole sliding bit though.

givescotlandfreedom
28-06-2015, 03:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

and what a cracking goal that was!

The best Hibs goal I've seen in the flesh.

anon1875
29-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Seen him training up at petershill juniors ground one day, was absolutely star struck and none of my mates even knew who he was.

E10 Rifle
29-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Had a wee exchange with him when he was a sub warming up for Boston Utd some years ago - think he was a bit surprised to hear Hibs mentioned way down here. Good player with hell of a lot of unrealised potential.

Unfortunately he was so far up Gazzas backside during his stint there that he found it difficult to play football