PDA

View Full Version : S.A on sky sports

Torto7062
25-06-2015, 10:27 AM
He's staying ....end of

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9894681/scott-allan-is-committed-to-hibs-despite-interest-from-others

Salt N Sauzee
25-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Here's the Video Link for those of you who couldn't be ersed reading the article either:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9894683/allan-committed-to-hibs

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-06-2015, 10:44 AM
The Famous must have knocked Allan and Fontaine back at the last minute then for some reason!

I just hope their careers can get back on track after that major setback.

:giruy2:

As for Allan - seems to have his head screwed on and refreshing that he wants to see out his contract and help Hibs.

matty_f
25-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Good for Allan, I'd be delighted for him if he went on to have a great season with us and got the move he hopes for. That's a win/win for both Hibs and Scott.

One thing though, as a support lets stay right behind him and let him know how highly we regard him - make his decision to leave at the end of next season a very tough one to make.

SaulGoodman
25-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Rangers still think he's going to them :hilarious

lyonhibs
25-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Words are cheap although I've no reason to doubt him.

Suffice to say, once the transfer window "slams shut " with Allan still a Hibs player, I'll relax.

Frazerbob
25-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Am I the only one that didn't read it as a total commitment to be here until the end of the season?

IMO he was just answering the same question reworded a few times the only way he could without saying himself that he will remain here for the duration of his contract. The old "I'm just concentrating on the doing the best for Hibs line" we've heard a thousand times. He also kind of avoided the the question about his NEXT move being to England by saying he wants another crack down south AT SOME POINT. I think he'll end up in Glasgow sooner or later. Hopefully it's not this season.

Maybe I'm just cynical after decades of watching our best players leave.

Mathias Jack
25-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Regardless of what Scott says, if we got a silly offer, it'd be accepted and he'd be away.

Fingers crossed, he pens that new deal though! :agree:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-confident-scott-allan-will-stay-at-club-1-3811774?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

TheFamous1875
25-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Am I the only one that didn't read it as a total commitment to be here until the end of the season?

IMO he was just answering the same question reworded a few times the only way he could without saying himself that he will remain here for the duration of his contract. The old "I'm just concentrating on the doing the best for Hibs line" we've heard a thousand times. He also kind of avoided the the question about his NEXT move being to England by saying he wants another crack down south AT SOME POINT. I think he'll end up in Glasgow sooner or later. Hopefully it's not this season.

I get ye. If it transpires that he wants a move, or hands in a transfer request or whatever, I'd be happier to have him rot in the reserves than to go elsewhere and be a threat to our promotion hopes. As brutal as that may sound, that's the toughness that Hibs have been missing for many, many years and that's gotten us the reputation amongst opposition players and, even our own players of being a 'soft' touch.

It's Hibs' interests that matter above any other players interests and that's the way it should always be.

FWIW Of course I hope he stays and does well this season; ideally with a promotion, a contract extension, another good season in the premiership with us and then sold to the highest bidder down in England! He has the potential to become a very good player (he already is, IMO) and could be a Scotland starter for many years to come if he plays his cards right. And I'm not just saying this because it's Hibs, but there's nowhere else in the country that he could be that would help him achieve this more than at Easter Road with Hibs under Alan Stubbs.

macca70
25-06-2015, 11:44 AM
He is contracted to Hibs for 1 more season, even if he wanted to leave, we should just knock it back.

The few hundred thousand we would get for him would no way outweigh the benefit and income we would get from holding onto him for next season and massively enhancing our chances of promotion.

Beefster
25-06-2015, 11:52 AM

Agreed. He just answered the questions the same way as most players. Only a complete bawbag would give it "aye, its highly unlikely that I'll be here in two months".

Lee Marvin
25-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Playing devils advocate, would running his contract down be that great for hibs? Lets assume he does and signs a precontract with rangers in the winter. We woukd then be forced to accept buttons for him (as the conflict of interest would be too strong for him to stay).

I'd rather he went to Celtic for good money now, or signed another year with guarantee he can leave next summer if certain clubs bid.

Fwiw, I reckon the latter will happen

Onion
25-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Even the thickos at Hunbrox and in the media must realise that this is more than just the sale of our best player to the OF. We're going to be competing with Sevco for the title and promotion and can only do that if were avoid handing them extra advantages for a few hundred grand. This is not the same as accepting £4m for Scott Brown from Celtic. Sevco are a mediocre club with limited resources, trying to act like Billy Bigbaws.

FWIW, Scott's reluctant 'I'm seeing my contract out" wasn't exactly the "I'm enjoying my football here and considering a longer term deal that's on the table. Looked very reluctant.

TheFamous1875
25-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Even the thickos at Hunbrox and in the media must realise that this is more than just the sale of our best player to the OF. We're going to be competing with Sevco for the title and promotion and can only do that if were avoid handing them extra advantages for a few hundred grand. This is not the same as accepting £4m for Scott Brown from Celtic. Sevco are a mediocre club with limited resources, trying to act like Billy Bigbaws.

FWIW, Scott's reluctant 'I'm seeing my contract out" wasn't exactly the "I'm enjoying my football here and considering a longer term deal that's on the table. Looked very reluctant.

Spot on. Brown for £4.5 million is one thing, selling our best player for a tenth of that to anyone when we NEED promotion? **** right off. Either he stays here and gives it his all, or he does a Danny Galbraith and is 'uninvited' to training. Hibs should be saying to him: "Stay here, Scott. We're building something good here, and you're the main man. Things are only going to get better, and when a decent move comes in for you from England, which it will, with the way Hibs are going, you can go with the club and the fans' blessing" leaving him with eternal hero status, possibly a medal, and us with a few extra million in the bank to replace him. CAMAN!!!

California-Hibs
25-06-2015, 03:27 PM
What I don't understand is why he just doesn't sign a 1 year extension? Ok so he wants to see out his contract and is happy. Probably feels he owes Stubbs and wants to honer his deal. Well what's wrong with a mutual understanding being established between Scott, Stubbs and the board that he signs an extended 1 year deal, but at the end of this coming season he is free to join another team. That way he does the bigger honorable thing and sees that we also get a fee for him!

Vini1875
25-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Part of the problem as I see it is what is on the table for Scott? Have Hibs given him an improved contract? Has there been any offers from elsewhere? According to AS there has not. Given no offers then it makes the most sense for the player to improve this year, see out his contract at Hibs and see what offers there are next year. From our point of view having him signed longer term will help settle and concentrate on his game and when the time comes gain some cash.

I think the player and Hibs have yet to be tested with an offer. I pray to God that if it comes from the huns, Hibs will stand strong and tell them to bolt.

B.H.F.C
25-06-2015, 03:58 PM
What I don't understand is why he just doesn't sign a 1 year extension? Ok so he wants to see out his contract and is happy. Probably feels he owes Stubbs and wants to honer his deal. Well what's wrong with a mutual understanding being established between Scott, Stubbs and the board that he signs an extended 1 year deal, but at the end of this coming season he is free to join another team. That way he does the bigger honorable thing and sees that we also get a fee for him!

He'll just be looking after himself if he doesn't sign. If he signs for another year then he could only go to whoever pays what we want for him. If he's a free agent he'll have more options. And as teams won't have to shell out a transfer fee he'd probably be able to negotiate a nice signing on fee as well.

lyonhibs
25-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Because being under contract would mean we'd be justified in demanding a decent wedge for him, in theory putting off potential suitors, depending upon how stern Petrie's Tache is these days at the negotiating table.

Especially if - god ******g forbid - we're still in the Championship, that would leave Scott Allan in a considerably worse position than just turning in a diamond season for us in his last year and then taking stock of his options at the end of next season.

Unless a 1 year extension was to include some sort of clause like "if a club offers GBP XXX,XXX in summer 2016 for you we must allow you to talk terms with them".

theonlywayisup
25-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Rangers still think he's going to them :hilarious

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9895105/rangers-vice-chairman-paul-murray-keen-on-scott-allan

matty_f
25-06-2015, 04:22 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9895105/rangers-vice-chairman-paul-murray-keen-on-scott-allan

He can **** right off.

Hannah_hfc
25-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Still the same old arrogance from them then. Hibs / SA have both spoken so they should really bolt and focus on their own squad.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Platinum Scotty
25-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Still the same old arrogance from them then. Hibs / SA have both spoken so they should really bolt and focus on their own squad.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Totally agree

Dan Sarf
25-06-2015, 04:59 PM
"Murray is keen on Allan and he told The Times: “He’s obviously under contract with someone else so we can’t talk about him in too much detail.
“But we should be seeking to identify players to our team and our squad and bring them in and add further value to them through what we do here.
“It’s like manufacturing where you take the raw material in, add value to it and get a finished product."

:rolleyes:

emerald green
25-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Paul Murray - smug, arrogant Hun ****. Typical of the bigots in suits and ties that inhabit Ibrox. The worst kind.

SunshineOnLeith
25-06-2015, 08:24 PM
What I don't understand is why he just doesn't sign a 1 year extension?

Because money.

Smartie
25-06-2015, 08:37 PM

I don't see why he would.

He owes us nothing beyond the end of the deal he signed last summer.

He needed games of football - we have given them to him.

We needed a committed, talented player to give his all for the period he signed up for - so far he has done that.

He doesn't need to restrict his options next summer by ensuring that we get some kind of a fee for him, we've given him a platform but it's not like we spent years and fortunes bringing him through the ranks.

I think it is in everyone's interests for him to stay another year. He gets more football in a good team with a good atmosphere, we get an excellent player playing to earn another opportunity down South, hopefully leading us to promotion.

I don't think we should get greedy or expect too much from him other than another year's worth of excellent performances.

If a big, tempting offer comes in before then then there might be a conversation to be had, but I'd rather keep the player.

I think it would be good for us, as a club, to get a reputation amongst players as being a good place to play your football and further your career. Then we might get more Scott Allans pitching up.

Better that than getting a reputation as a club who try to wring every last drop out of you and treat you like a commodity,

CorrieHibs
25-06-2015, 08:47 PM

Make a bid then instead of just talking about it. They're just appeasing the fans. They don't have the money to bid for Allan.

high bee
25-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Make a bid then instead of just talking about it. They're just appeasing the fans. They don't have the money to bid for Allan.

I think they're bound to make a bid, surely they're making a rod for their own backs if they don't. Their fans wouldn't be happy if they don't try.

Jim44
26-06-2015, 08:17 AM

I think they're bound to make a bid, surely they're making a rod for their own backs if they don't. Their fans wouldn't be happy if they don't try.

They'll be making a substantial bid which they can't afford towards the end of the window in the knowledge that it will be knocked back. They can then tell the fans 'Well we tried'.

Greenworld
26-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Chapionship bound not a scottish team would be my guess

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

monktonharp
26-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Playing devils advocate, would running his contract down be that great for hibs? Lets assume he does and signs a precontract with rangers in the winter. We woukd then be forced to accept buttons for him (as the conflict of interest would be too strong for him to stay).

I'd rather he went to Celtic for good money now, or signed another year with guarantee he can leave next summer if certain clubs bid.

Fwiw, I reckon the latter will happensorry to disagree. If he has 1 year on his contract, with no exemptions as such, EG:can leave if more than x amount is offered, then we need to keep him, especially if der hun want him! If he gets to the stage of a pre-contract, and he gets tied to der hun, simply drop him for any game(s) against them. the Interview with Luke Shanley does not really tell the real story, by the look of Scott Allan's face, imho but it may mean rather that he has been told he's gaun naewhere. hope it is that.