PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Unseen work
24-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Seen a couple of people say they think he will play a big part this season for us, what can we expect from him? What type of player is he?

Cheers

Diclonius
24-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Heard he's a very similar player to Scott Brown.

Michael
24-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Can't be worse than Martin Scott.

Fergus52
24-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Could explain why we've not been linked with many defensive midfielders if Stubbs wants him to play a part this year

Centre Hawf
24-06-2015, 04:43 PM
I remember watching him play in that shield that Hibs and Hearts U17s play in each year. I remember watching him and thinking he looked a player, was head and shoulders above the other players on the park and it was confirmed to me when he played in Under 20 games beside Kevin Thomson and outplayed even him, although I don't think that was difficult to do.

Really hope we see more of him this season. Was quite gutted he didn't get much game time last time round but maybe Stubbs felt he wasn't ready yet.

oconnors_strip
24-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Scotty is not the tallest lad but he has pace, always looking for the ball and to make the pass, always nipping at the oppositions heels, not scared to get in their faces and talks well with his team mates. He sits in the defensive midfield but can be played elsewhere if asked, a versatile player which Stubbs likes. Also has been in the Scotland set up recently :thumbsup:

Hopefully Stubbs gives him more game time this season or even a few months loan to get experience

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Very guilty these days of not being up to date of our younger players but it would be great if we could introduce a couple this season. It's obviously an important season but if we could it would be very interesting.

I'll still advocate, that whilst promotion is the main aim, the future of our club is far more important. Foundations, building blocks etc

TV figures prove that the SPL is dying.... Maybe this is the best time to grow again as a club