PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Boards are ER (Subbuteo Content)

sambajustice
23-06-2015, 03:56 PM
PM's will already have seen this as I posted a couple of weeks ago and got a few good ideas from there but thought I'd post on here as well now. Since the PM Board post, we've actually been in contact with someone at the club and should be getting a HibsTV slot that will help promote ourselves a wee bit!

I've posted this before a few years ago but i'm looking to find out if anyone knows off the top their heads any of the companies that advertise at Easter Road on the pitch surrounds or elsewhere? Suppose I could just trawl through pictures of matches this season to find the info but if anyone can think of any it would save me some time and be a good help!

Its more or less for the same reasons before that i am wanting this info. Basically what it is, and this is totally random, "We", the Scottish Subbuteo Team (seriously), have qualified for the Subbuteo World Cup in September in Italy for the first time in a few years and it just so happens that the 5 members of the squad are all from Edinburgh and all Hibs fans!! A Hibernian Subbuteo Famous Five if you will... In a nutshell, what we're looking for is a "sponsor" to help subsidise some of the kit we'll be wearing there, obviously in return for shirt sponsorship along with website/social media plugs. Of course the kit with the sponsor would be worn in any media coverage we get, of which there is absolutely guaranteed to be some because of the total random nature and novelty factor of this. We have a match against Brazil lined up and we're actually the favourites!!! :faf:

When I say "sponsor", its probably more likely to be a donation as I can't see a company in Edinburgh having much relevance to a sports hall in Italy with 250 Subbuteo players! We basically pay for everything ourselves, flights, accommodation, kits etc, its most definitely a hobby so if we can get anything for our kits then it alleviates some of the financial burden.

I'm pretty realistic and know that it will be a shot in the dark trying to get someone/a company to do this and I wouldn't be planning on contacting these companies unless that Hibs link with the 5 of us was there, we'll be playing on the Hibs connection here. Some of the guys have other ideas they're exploring but I said i'd try this again as I had some success with it a few years ago when we held a tournament at Easter Road.

Went off a bit there, if anyone knows off the top of their heads some companies that advertise at ER and can tell me that would be a great help!

cheers!

BTW, here's a link to the WC website just in case you think i've totally lost the plot...

http://www.italiasubbuteo.it/worldcup/en/

http://www.italiasubbuteo.it/worldcup/en/news/33-proudly-flowers-of-scotland

:faf: :faf: :faf:

JAY-ESS GREEN
23-06-2015, 06:35 PM
PM's will already have seen this as I posted a couple of weeks ago and got a few good ideas from there but thought I'd post on here as well now. Since the PM Board post, we've actually been in contact with someone at the club and should be getting a HibsTV slot that will help promote ourselves a wee bit!

I've posted this before a few years ago but i'm looking to find out if anyone knows off the top their heads any of the companies that advertise at Easter Road on the pitch surrounds or elsewhere? Suppose I could just trawl through pictures of matches this season to find the info but if anyone can think of any it would save me some time and be a good help!

Its more or less for the same reasons before that i am wanting this info. Basically what it is, and this is totally random, "We", the Scottish Subbuteo Team (seriously), have qualified for the Subbuteo World Cup in September in Italy for the first time in a few years and it just so happens that the 5 members of the squad are all from Edinburgh and all Hibs fans!! A Hibernian Subbuteo Famous Five if you will... In a nutshell, what we're looking for is a "sponsor" to help subsidise some of the kit we'll be wearing there, obviously in return for shirt sponsorship along with website/social media plugs. Of course the kit with the sponsor would be worn in any media coverage we get, of which there is absolutely guaranteed to be some because of the total random nature and novelty factor of this. We have a match against Brazil lined up and we're actually the favourites!!! :faf:

When I say "sponsor", its probably more likely to be a donation as I can't see a company in Edinburgh having much relevance to a sports hall in Italy with 250 Subbuteo players! We basically pay for everything ourselves, flights, accommodation, kits etc, its most definitely a hobby so if we can get anything for our kits then it alleviates some of the financial burden.

I'm pretty realistic and know that it will be a shot in the dark trying to get someone/a company to do this and I wouldn't be planning on contacting these companies unless that Hibs link with the 5 of us was there, we'll be playing on the Hibs connection here. Some of the guys have other ideas they're exploring but I said i'd try this again as I had some success with it a few years ago when we held a tournament at Easter Road.

Went off a bit there, if anyone knows off the top of their heads some companies that advertise at ER and can tell me that would be a great help!

cheers!

BTW, here's a link to the WC website just in case you think i've totally lost the plot...

http://www.italiasubbuteo.it/worldcup/en/

http://www.italiasubbuteo.it/worldcu...rs-of-scotland

:faf: :faf: :faf:

That you davy

E10 Rifle
23-06-2015, 07:39 PM
If this is serious it's a good media story. Contact EEN, Daily Record and possibly STV local with the story. Failing that get yourself a mascot and you'll be an internet sensation over night.

sambajustice
23-06-2015, 09:03 PM
That you davy

Not quite but I have him on the other end of a Whatsapp message if you want to reveal your identity to me! :greengrin I'll tell him you're asking for him!

sambajustice
23-06-2015, 09:11 PM
If this is serious it's a good media story. Contact EEN, Daily Record and possibly STV local with the story. Failing that get yourself a mascot and you'll be an internet sensation over night.

Oh yeah, it serious. Did you click the links?

We'll contact the various media outlets a week or two beforehand and will get some coverage i'd imagine. Random nature and novelty factor of this means its a stick on to get some coverage. This is basically going to be our sell to any potential sponsor, that its practically guaranteed we'll get media coverage. We also already have the HibsTV thing in the pipeline so there are a few things that we have lined up

Glasgow Hibee
24-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah, it serious. Did you click the links?

We'll contact the various media outlets a week or two beforehand and will get some coverage i'd imagine. Random nature and novelty factor of this means its a stick on to get some coverage. This is basically going to be our sell to any potential sponsor, that its practically guaranteed we'll get media coverage. We also already have the HibsTV thing in the pipeline so there are a few things that we have lined up

Sounds like fun. Sure the lads will do Scotland and Hibs proud.

But your second link is not working. I think this is the page you might have been trying to point people towards

leggeto
24-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I love subbuteo,good luck and hope you win it :)

sambajustice
24-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Sounds like fun. Sure the lads will do Scotland and Hibs proud.

But your second link is not working. I think this is the page you might have been trying to point people towards

Cheers!

Strange one that, changed it now! :aok: