PDA

View Full Version : Eng v Nor WWC

Brightside
22-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Prime example why you don't make a sub at a corner! England coach being found out again against stronger teams.

iwasthere1972
22-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Don't normally watch wimmen's fitba but not much else on. Watched the last twenty minutes and England now 2-1 up.

Come on Norway.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Some strike from Bronze...getting the manager out of jail.

WeeRussell
23-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Some strike from Bronze...getting the manager out of jail.

Is that the RB with the dark hair? Thought she looked one of the better players - proper attacking full-back.

Although think it was also her that made a t1t of a back pass and nearly gave away a penalty/goal.

Went to sleep after the 1st half so never seen any of goals. Norway looked on top from after the first 15 mins though!

proud_and_green
23-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Is that the RB with the dark hair? Thought she looked one of the better players - proper attacking full-back.

Although think it was also her that made a t1t of a back pass and nearly gave away a penalty/goal.

Went to sleep after the 1st half so never seen any of goals. Norway looked on top from after the first 15 mins though!

Aye, Bronze was quick going forward with good control, England were definitely not the best team though

Have to say, that should have been a penalty. All the comments of 'if she had gone down it would have been..' bug me. If its a foul, its a foul and the fact is the foul put her off her shot and as a direct result of the foul she fluffed it therefore a penalty.

JimBHibees
23-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Prime example why you don't make a sub at a corner! England coach being found out again against stronger teams.

I can remember when I played this was kind of a mantra however you do seem to see more teams doing this than you did before.

Brightside
23-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Aye, Bronze was quick going forward with good control, England were definitely not the best team though

Have to say, that should have been a penalty. All the comments of 'if she had gone down it would have been..' bug me. If its a foul, its a foul and the fact is the foul put her off her shot and as a direct result of the foul she fluffed it therefore a penalty.

The setup from England (esp in the first half) was crazy. Toni Duggan is a quality footballer but shoving upfront on her own was a waste. She normally plays behind a forward and doesn't have the pass to run the channels.