PDA

View Full Version : What would make you buy a season ticket?

matty_f
22-06-2015, 06:29 PM
This is a question to everyone that could (financially /geographically/no time limitations) buy a season ticket but hasn't done so already.

What would get you to buy one for this season?

Michael
22-06-2015, 06:43 PM
I live too far away...otherwise I would. :boo hoo:

Golden Bear
22-06-2015, 06:52 PM
No TV coverage and every game kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday.

Eyrie
22-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Time.

I had a season ticket throughout the 90s and used to plan my weekends around home games. But life changes and my commitments and other interests mean it wouldn't be worthwhile for the few games that I can make.

That said, my intention is to go more often as I enjoyed the games that I did get to last season.

bigwheel
22-06-2015, 07:11 PM
No TV coverage and every game kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday.

let's be honest..... you don't really want to get one do you ....:greengrin

Brightside
22-06-2015, 07:12 PM
IF you can afford it. You should get a season ticket. Even if you know you will miss a fair few games, and it doesn't make financial sense in your head, it will make a difference to the team on the park. Its the only way to guarantee more investment in the playing squad. :flag:

Greencore
22-06-2015, 07:13 PM
I want my team to get money to spend on new and better players. I want to be there for Hibernian.

Eyrie
22-06-2015, 07:14 PM
IF you can afford it. You should get a season ticket. Even if you know you will miss a fair few games, and it doesn't make financial sense in your head, it will make a difference to the team on the park. Its the only way to guarantee more investment in the playing squad. :flag:

That depends on how many games someone can make. I can see your point for someone who can attend fifteen games, but not if it's only five.

Wembley67
22-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Having a kid and them wanting to go regularly. As much as I still love the club and will fight tooth and nail for them I no longer have the time and unfortunately the draw is no longer there anymore.

bigwheel
22-06-2015, 07:19 PM
That depends on how many games someone can make. I can see your point for someone who can attend fifteen games, but not if it's only five.

well, thats a very individual choice...if they can afford too, I'd urge anyone to get a ticket even if they can make few games - it's an investment in the club...if you can't, then fair enough....

Golden Bear
22-06-2015, 07:20 PM
let's be honest..... you don't really want to get one do you ....:greengrin

As things stand, looks like I'm destined to remain a " pay as you go customer" and thus keep my options very much open.

Eyrie
22-06-2015, 07:24 PM
well, thats a very individual choice...if they can afford too, I'd urge anyone to get a ticket even if they can make few games - it's an investment in the club...if you can't, then fair enough....

I can afford the season ticket, but I can't justify it when I'll probably make half a dozen games. There are more deserving charities than a football club if I want to just give money away to make the world a better place.

I have however invested through both HSL and shares in my own name.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Agreed... I wasn't having a dig at any supporters. Its a tough call...but short term getting a season ticket will bring more to the club than HSL....in the short term.

Jonnyboy
22-06-2015, 07:26 PM
I can afford the season ticket, but I can't justify it when I'll probably make half a dozen games. There are more deserving charities than a football club if I want to just give money away to make the world a better place.

:aok:

bigwheel
22-06-2015, 07:28 PM

cool. sounds like you are dong good things to support your club...everyone has their own way...and just now, we need as much support as people are willing to give...

lugz
22-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Value for money, sorry but I'm not paying £380 to watch hibs play livi/raith etc.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Value for money, sorry but I'm not paying £380 to watch hibs play livi/raith etc.

But it won't change without people buying STs...

Salt N Sauzee
22-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Too expensive. Can't justify spending just about 400 on a season ticket to watch us play part timers.

I'll remain as a "pay as you go" customer for now I think.

Smartie
22-06-2015, 07:45 PM
There being about 2 weeks to go until the start of the season, seeing the team taking shape and getting excited about the start of the season.

It will happen but I've not renewed yet.

Actually, last season it was Scott Allan signing. Renewed the same day as we clearly meant business at that point.

And the 2 years before I renewed early to get cup final tickets.

But normally I do it just before the start of the season.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Promotion and games that are a bit better than training matches.

SkintHibby
22-06-2015, 08:05 PM
The only thing that would make me buy a season ticket is if RP announced he was leaving the club with immediate effect.

Newhaven
22-06-2015, 08:10 PM
The only thing that would make me buy a season ticket is if RP announced he was leaving the club with immediate effect.

Not going to be popular but I agree 100% with your statement. Rod goes and I'll buy two right away.

As much as I applaud the club for a change in communications and direction the architect of who got us here in the first place still lurks in the corridor of Easter Road.

Andy74
22-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Not going to be popular but I agree 100% with your statement. Rod goes and I'll buy two right away.

As much as I applaud the club for a change in communications and direction the architect of who got us here in the first place still lurks in the corridor of Easter Road.

Pish.

3pm
22-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Pish.

You can't just say pish. He's entitled an opinion even if you disagree.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 08:32 PM
You can't just say pish. He's entitled an opinion even if you disagree.

It's an opinion I don't get though.

You dislike someone yet allow them to dictate what you do in your free time? Doesn't make sense to me.

Newhaven
22-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Pish.

Given some of the garbage you come out with ill take that as a compliment.

3pm
22-06-2015, 08:37 PM

You dislike someone yet allow them to dictate what you do in your free time? Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't disagree. He's still allowed an opinion though.

Newhaven
22-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Don't except many to agree with me PB but it's how I feel. Not saying thousands are like me but the question was asked and I answered.

Ringothedog
22-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I support Hibernian not Rod Petrie. This "I would buy a season ticket if rod petrie leaves" is just another excuse not to buy one. When he leaves another excuse will be found and so it will go on.

Andy74
22-06-2015, 08:45 PM
I don't disagree. He's still allowed an opinion though.

It's my opinion that it's pish.

3pm
22-06-2015, 08:49 PM
It's my opinion that it's pish.

Just as well you are here to keep us all right then. :aok:

PiemanP
22-06-2015, 08:50 PM
It's value of a ST v pay at the gate tickets for me. I'm likely to miss a handful of games a season and on a per-game cost basis i'm cheaper not having one. Unfortunatly having such a big stadium and the ease of getting tickets for big games makes my decision easier.

If I had quite a bit more disposable income i'd have a ST but got to watch the pennies at the moment.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Don't except many to agree with me PB but it's how I feel. Not saying thousands are like me but the question was asked and I answered.

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their view.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Just as well you are here to keep us all right then. :aok:

tbf it is just an excuse not to go. He is not running the club. And i doubt he is "lurking" in corridors either.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Whether anyone likes it or not, Petrie still at the club does have a negative effect and is probably the one main reason there is still apathy around the club for some.

matty_f
22-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Whether anyone likes it or not, Petrie still at the club does have a negative effect and is probably the one main reason there is still apathy around the club for some.

You're right, but how many people fall into that category? From this thread only one so far.(unless I've missed a post or two!).

The purpose of this thread wasn't to have a go at people, it was to get an idea of what people are seeing as a barrier to buying a season ticket.

Everyone is entitled to their view, it's their money after all! I am just curious about what Hibs still need to tackle to win fans back.

CallumLaidlaw
22-06-2015, 09:30 PM
It's all down to opinion, but I don't understand the standard of opponent argument. Are people saying they would buy a season ticket if we were in the premier league, but had a worse team than we currently had?
I buy my season ticket to watch Hibs 18 times a season.

As I say Tho, each to their own

3pm
22-06-2015, 09:33 PM
tbf it is just an excuse not to go. He is not running the club. And i doubt he is "lurking" in corridors either.

I agree with you. :aok:

To be fair, I should have just left it.

Diclonius
22-06-2015, 09:40 PM
I think some people have just fallen into habits. It's a habit to renew every year and it's a habit not to renew.

The only thing that will bring people back is a long, uninterrupted period of success, i.e. winning the division this year and top 3/4 next year. Some people have been stung one too many times.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 09:41 PM
You're right, but how many people fall into that category? From this thread only one so far.(unless I've missed a post or two!).

The purpose of this thread wasn't to have a go at people, it was to get an idea of what people are seeing as a barrier to buying a season ticket.

Everyone is entitled to their view, it's their money after all! I am just curious about what Hibs still need to tackle to win fans back.

So people aren't buying mainly due to the league we are in...but without the investment we won't get the players in to get out of the league. Someone best win the Lotto soon!

TheCabbage
22-06-2015, 09:53 PM
a more disposable income than I currently have and a babysitter for the toddlers so I can go!!

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2015, 09:54 PM
So people aren't buying mainly due to the league we are in...but without the investment we won't get the players in to get out of the league. Someone best win the Lotto soon!

I am not buying one BECAUSE of the league we play in. I will get one when we are promoted and playing decent stuff thats worthwhile making the effort to attend.

I gave up my season ticket during Fenlons football, eye bleeding stuff that bored the **** out of me. And if i'm honest its been a lot easier to stay away and do other things with my time and money.

And thats a problem the club has, trying to entice people like myself who have lapsed. Once you stop it does seem easier every week to not attend, and more difficult to get those people back.

matty_f
22-06-2015, 09:55 PM

:agree:

The Scott Allan situation is one that highlights the importance of fans putting the money in via season tickets.

We all (at least, from what I've read on here) want Scott Allan to stay and extend his deal. We could make that happen if enough people bought a season ticket. Or if that still left us short then Stubbs would have that money to replace him with real quality.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 09:57 PM
I am not buying one BECAUSE of the league we play in. I will get one when we are promoted and playing decent stuff thats worthwhile making the effort to attend.

I gave up my season ticket during Fenlons football, eye bleeding stuff that bored the **** out of me. And if i'm honest its been a lot easier to stay away and do other things with my time and money.

And thats a problem the club has, trying to entice people like myself who have lapsed. Once you stop it does seem easier every week to not attend, and more difficult to get those people back.

But without the investment from STs they'll struggle to get more players to ensure we get back up again... tough call for both sides.

B.H.F.C
22-06-2015, 09:58 PM
I think some people have just fallen into habits. It's a habit to renew every year and it's a habit not to renew.

The only thing that will bring people back is a long, uninterrupted period of success, i.e. winning the division this year and top 3/4 next year. Some people have been stung one too many times.

That's it in a nutshell for me.

I buy mines when they are released every year out of habit. It's just what I do.

Regardless of how much progress some people say we made last year, it ultimately wasn't a successful season. Every year we hear that we need to sell season tickets to allow us to invest in the team. And that is right. But I think there is just a lot of people who want the success to come before investing this time.

All in all I don't think our sales are too bad considering the position we are in. Still a chance to sell a good number more if transfer activity picks up again soon.

Eyrie
22-06-2015, 10:00 PM
cool. sounds like you are dong good things to support your club...everyone has their own way...and just now, we need as much support as people are willing to give...

Agreed, and I should have included Leith Links (http://leithlinks4kids.com/) as another way to support the club financially.

IberianHibernian
22-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Interesting answers so far ( Petrie , prices, poor quality of league etc ) . Distance means I contribute in other ways but I`d say one thing that would put me off buying a ST even if I lived in Easter Road is having numbered seats . Lots of people who might buy a ST probably often go to matches alone or with different people over the season ( it`s obvious work , money , family , distance , other commitments , etc restrict many fans to between 1 and say 12 home matches a season ) so would be good to have some parts of ground without numbered seats ( if allowed by police ) so STHs and walkups can sit together without hassle of contacting ticket office . Would also make it easier to offer STHs offers like cheap ticket for friend / relative so noone worries about non STHs being offered cheap tickets for crucial matches . Half the South could immediately become such a zone for all games except v Rangers .
In general I think more should be done to increase number of walk ups rather than obsession with STs ( questionable decision not to reduce prices after relegation was made knowing it would alienate a lot of fans which it has so having made the financial decision to charge top league prices for second league football , club`s marketing team are obliged to do more to increase income in other ways ) .

portyhibernian
22-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Due to not being able to afford it I didn't renew mine, however I've just had a 500 quid tax rebate...

Boris
22-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Going off on a slight tangent but can anyone pinpoint when season tickets became seen as so important in how a club or indeed individual supporters are measured? I've recently retired & spent most of my working life away from Edinburgh, mostly south of the border. But before I left Edinburgh, in the early 80's, I had a season ticket for a couple of years so I reckon I must have bought my first one roughly 1978 at which time I'd been working for a few years & could, just, afford the up-front cost. At that time the only part of Easter Road that you could get a season ticket for was the Centre Stand & I'd estimate there were no more than a few hundred. I'm pretty sure it was the same at most Scottish clubs. Basically, clubs relied on performing on the pitch to keep the punters turning up.

Now I know its a whole different game now - budgets, transfer windows, etc & the whole price-structure is very different but I'm struggling to recall when it all changed. I'm not saying one way is right or better I'm just genuinely curious as to when things changed to make a season ticket a "must have" both for clubs & punters? I suspect it probably started in the "Souness era" although I read recently that Celtic never had huge numbers of season ticket holders until wee Fergus came on the scene.

So, any fellow "auld yins" out there who can remember when Hibs started offering season tickets for anywhere but the Centre Stand?

Speedy
22-06-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't go enough to justify one.

And apart from time and clashes with other commitments I don't go enough because I struggle to enjoy it at times. Too many moaners and slavers for my liking.

Edit: to answer the question, a more enjoyable experience.

Cameron1875
22-06-2015, 11:02 PM
I'll probably go to more aways and buy a bit more merchandise this season.

Can't justify paying over £400 to watch 5-4-1 hoofball though. Some games last year we'd win 5-0 and it would seem like ER was bored to tears.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 11:16 PM
I'll probably go to more aways and buy a bit more merchandise this season.

Can't justify paying over £400 to watch 5-4-1 hoofball though. Some games last year we'd win 5-0 and it would seem like ER was bored to tears.

When did we play 541 hoof? Btw merchandise doesn't bring money into the playing squad.

FranckSuzy
22-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Agreed, and I should have included Leith Links (http://leithlinks4kids.com/) as another way to support the club financially.

Good man :aok: Even if you're not buying a ST, for whatever reason, you could still help children less fortunate attend games AND boost the transfer kitty AS has access to :wink:

matty_f
22-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Going off on a slight tangent but can anyone pinpoint when season tickets became seen as so important in how a club or indeed individual supporters are measured? I've recently retired & spent most of my working life away from Edinburgh, mostly south of the border. But before I left Edinburgh, in the early 80's, I had a season ticket for a couple of years so I reckon I must have bought my first one roughly 1978 at which time I'd been working for a few years & could, just, afford the up-front cost. At that time the only part of Easter Road that you could get a season ticket for was the Centre Stand & I'd estimate there were no more than a few hundred. I'm pretty sure it was the same at most Scottish clubs. Basically, clubs relied on performing on the pitch to keep the punters turning up.

Now I know its a whole different game now - budgets, transfer windows, etc & the whole price-structure is very different but I'm struggling to recall when it all changed. I'm not saying one way is right or better I'm just genuinely curious as to when things changed to make a season ticket a "must have" both for clubs & punters? I suspect it probably started in the "Souness era" although I read recently that Celtic never had huge numbers of season ticket holders until wee Fergus came on the scene.

So, any fellow "auld yins" out there who can remember when Hibs started offering season tickets for anywhere but the Centre Stand?

The club needs season ticket holders because they represent guaranteed income, so we can safely sign players without worrying that we won't be able to pay them.

iwasthere1972
22-06-2015, 11:24 PM

I think Johnnyboy and Doddie had season tickets in 1901 and had enough loyalty points to get tickets for the 1902 Scottish Cup Final.

Seriously. I started watching Hibs in 1967 and I didn't even know that season tickets were about then. I've just assumed that everybody paid at the gates. Maybe they weren't so important back then as the wages weren't much more than the average wage.

Billychaotic182
22-06-2015, 11:32 PM
I'm hoping to get a season ticket before the season starts but I start my new job on the 2nd of July and have no idea what my rota is going to be so if they have me working Saturdays I won't be about to get one. So fingers crossed I have it off.

Stonewall
23-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Had a Season ticket for many years but now work Saturdays so gave it up last season: missed it like hell. Meant I didn't have to decide whether to renew or not, probably would have but some of the behaviour of people around where I sat made watching the games even less enjoyable.

Trying to get my shifts changed so I can get STs for me and the wee man but contributing to HSL instead at the moment.

Canon Hannan
23-06-2015, 07:45 AM

I used to be of this attitude and was kicked off the Bounce along with 4 or 5 others for this reason 3 or 4 years ago. But Leanne has been allowed to change the club from top to bottom and I know because I am in the football scene. Rod is there yes, but Leanne makes the decisions too.

Personally the quality and cost would prevent me from renewing and also personal football involvement. Marseille and Nice charge between £10-30 for an adult and £5-20 for kids. Their season tickets span a wide cost structure. This allows everyone the opportunity to buy. We over price behind the goals. The French have their ultras behind one goal and family the other. Maybe we could open up standing in the FF lower and family at the top. Tickets £10 adults and £5 kids. I mean we are playing Raith Rocers and Morton not Lyon and PSG at similar prices.

Steve20
23-06-2015, 07:54 AM
I support Hibernian not Rod Petrie. This "I would buy a season ticket if rod petrie leaves" is just another excuse not to buy one. When he leaves another excuse will be found and so it will go on.

Not true. I know half a dozen people who would buy a season ticket today if Rod Petrie announced he was leaving Hibs.

People don't have to like it, but that's the way it is. There's no reason for him to still be there. He's the main reason for the decline in our club. Yet still people on here can't see it.

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2015, 07:58 AM

My "guess" on the importance of season tickets being sold would be when the transfer windows were brought in. Previously clubs could add to their squad at any point, so could adjust their budget accordingly throughout the season. Now with having to have players in for the next 4 months by the end of August, clubs need to know what money is guaranteed for the season.

Andy74
23-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Not true. I know half a dozen people who would buy a season ticket today if Rod Petrie announced he was leaving Hibs.

People don't have to like it, but that's the way it is. There's no reason for him to still be there. He's the main reason for the decline in our club. Yet still people on here can't see it.

We can see it but that's the past. It's not relevant. You know half a dozen people who won't go to watch a game of football due to a guy now in the background? I'm sure those people would have another reason if he left.

bigwheel
23-06-2015, 08:29 AM
We can see it but that's the past. It's not relevant. You know half a dozen people who won't go to watch a game of football due to a guy now in the background? I'm sure those people would have another reason if he left.

I'm with you on this...whilst there is understandable resentment...it feels like an excuse rather than a real reason for not getting an ST.

marinello59
23-06-2015, 08:29 AM

I can't believe that anybody could hate Petrie more than they love Hibs and boycott because he is still in the background. Not if they are grown ups.

MKHIBEE
23-06-2015, 08:33 AM

I will be delighted if I can make 5 games this season, I bought my ticket to help my club not to make it easier/cheaper/ better for me. I understand that not all fans will be able or want to do the same and thats fine, I am lucky enough to be able to afford it.

matty_f
23-06-2015, 08:34 AM
I can't believe that anybody could hate Petrie more than they love Hibs and boycott because he is still in the background. Not if they are grown ups.

I think some people, at the point where we were relegated, would justifiably have seen boycotting as the only option to make their feelings known in an effective way.

Petrie was in charge during a horrendous time for the club, and it's understandable why people would feel that resentment towards him.

I think, though, that if the people who took that stance where to step back and take an objective look at how the club is being run and the direction we're headed, they would be prepared to overlook Petrie's presence at the club and recognise that things have changed and improved.

There is a stubbornness that comes into play, people were very vocal about not going back until Petrie leaves and they don't want to lose face.

It is, IMHO, a stance that is now at odds with the reality at the club, and one that is doing far more harm than good.

marinello59
23-06-2015, 08:43 AM
I think some people, at the point where we were relegated, would justifiably have seen boycotting as the only option to make their feelings known in an effective way.

Petrie was in charge during a horrendous time for the club, and it's understandable why people would feel that resentment towards him.

I think, though, that if the people who took that stance where to step back and take an objective look at how the club is being run and the direction we're headed, they would be prepared to overlook Petrie's presence at the club and recognise that things have changed and improved.

There is a stubbornness that comes into play, people were very vocal about not going back until Petrie leaves and they don't want to lose face.

It is, IMHO, a stance that is now at odds with the reality at the club, and one that is doing far more harm than good.

I agree with all of that.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I Personally don't think its a stubbornness, or even folk worried about losing face. Its more they have found other things to do, and other things to spend their money on.

Its also easier not to attend once you have stopped, i mean who in their right mind would bother about someone saying i saw you at the football today, i thought you'd not be back until Petrie had gone?

In fact who'd even know? :confused:

Ross4356
23-06-2015, 09:02 AM
If we are challenging for the league I'm going to get a half season ticket

matty_f
23-06-2015, 09:11 AM
I Personally don't think its a stubbornness, or even folk worried about losing face. Its more they have found other things to do, and other things to spend their money on.

Its also easier not to attend once you have stopped, i mean who in their right mind would bother about someone saying i saw you at the football today, i thought you'd not be back until Petrie had gone?

In fact who'd even know? :confused:

I'd have thought you of all folk would know that someone who was very vocal about not going back until Petrie was away might get some stick if they then went back? :confused:

Ozyhibby
23-06-2015, 09:48 AM

At least you recognise it exists. The normal response on here when you say Petrie is keeping people away is that it's nonsense and why would one man stop someone from watching their club.
I know two people who I used to attend with who won't go till he is gone, both former season ticket holders. One of them has been to a couple of away games last season and caved and accepted free hospitality at Xmas time for a match but justified it to himself by saying he wasn't giving him money.
Now people can come on here and say their position is ridiculous and is hurting the club, that they are looking for an excuse not to go etc. but these people do exist and there is only one thing that will get them back at Easter road regularly.

Brightside
23-06-2015, 09:51 AM
At least you recognise it exists. The normal response on here when you say Petrie is keeping people away is that it's nonsense and why would one man stop someone from watching their club.
I know two people who I used to attend with who won't go till he is gone, both former season ticket holders. One of them has been to a couple of away games last season and caved and accepted free hospitality at Xmas time for a match but justified it to himself by saying he wasn't giving him money.
Now people can come on here and say their position is ridiculous and is hurting the club, that they are looking for an excuse not to go etc. but these people do exist and there is only one thing that will get them back at Easter road regularly.

So he'll take a freebie but wont invest in the club? You wonder why we struggle!

Bobby's Cinema
23-06-2015, 09:52 AM

:top marks

GreenCastle
23-06-2015, 10:02 AM
I have a ST but I know people who will return..if one of the following or combination are met.

1 - if we are regularly winning - don't even need to play good football but that's a bonus.

2 - cheaper - they can't afford it - big jump from student to adult pricing.

3 - While RP may be in background - he is still here. They don't hate RP more than Hibs but they have taken a stance for a while they won't go as he's been in charge when we have been a failure over the years.

LD and her support team having showing in 12 months how a club should be run - this probably makes it more frustrating that we were poorly run for so long.

We are making up for lost ground but this season is crucial as we need to return to main league.

If we do get promoted ST sales will grown again but we have some catching up to do to get us back to where we should be.

Ozyhibby
23-06-2015, 10:36 AM
So he'll take a freebie but wont invest in the club? You wonder why we struggle!

Yes, indeed. It did not go unremarked on.
The madness of it does not take away from the fact that Petrie is still harming our club by keeping people away.

SON OF PADDY
23-06-2015, 02:07 PM
I'd have thought you of all folk would know that someone who was very vocal about not going back until Petrie was away might get some stick if they then went back? :confused:

We could try " no ripping the pish oot of anyone " that said, I'm no going back till he's gone.
ggtth

matty_f
23-06-2015, 02:12 PM
We could try " no ripping the pish oot of anyone " that said, I'm on going back till he's gone.
ggtth

That sounds like a great approach! :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
23-06-2015, 02:17 PM
That sounds like a great approach! :greengrin

Cheers mate 👍

Franck Stanton
23-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Spend our cold winters in sunny Spain, so can't go to the games during Jan and first two weeks in Feb. However, having seen this seasons fixtures, I will only be missing two home games during this period, so, getting mine soon, [S/T as well, boom-boom]. Would help if the Club announced SA has signed a contract extension though.

basehibby
23-06-2015, 03:04 PM

Have a look around you on match day - there are plenty football fans who choose not to be very sensible or grown up as far as football's concerned. I certainly know more than one Hibby who claims to be on some sort of Petrie related boycott - maybe it's just an excuse cos they're actually lazy *******s but that's what they claim!

Me? I don't have a ST cos it's not cost effective for me and I'm not affluent enough to just look on any excess as a "donation". I would maybe change that stance if the club was totally in **** street a'la Heart of SkintLothian - but we're not - and I for one am glad about that!

Killiehibbie
23-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Getting a divorce and moving back home. I could always buy a season ticket, go to every game and that would probably happen.

Stonewall
23-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Very ordinary.

heretoday
23-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Can you lend the ticket to other folk if you can't make the match?

It used to be against the regulations.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Can you lend the ticket to other folk if you can't make the match?

It used to be against the regulations.

It happens all the time, there is no way of stopping it even if it's not allowed. Unless we start issuing photo cards or asking for ID on entry or some other sophisticated biometrics entry system.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 06:09 PM

I never said that though, i said i wouldn't be back while Fenlon was in charge? :confused: And that only lasted a couple of games too, and did i feel embarrassed, did i ****?

matty_f
23-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I never said that though, i said i wouldn't be back while Fenlon was in charge? :confused: And that only lasted a couple of games too, and did i feel embarrassed, did i ****?

I didn't realise you had said that, I was more testing to your uncanny ability to bring up other people's opinions on here.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I didn't realise you had said that, I was more testing to your uncanny ability to bring up other people's opinions on here.

Well maybe you should get a better memory.

bod
23-06-2015, 07:16 PM
If we are challenging for the league I'm going to get a half season ticket

we're challenging now,buy up till christmas

matty_f
23-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Well maybe you should get a better memory.

Why? I hadn't forgotten that you'd said it, just didn't realise you had.

Not that it makes any difference to the original point which is that there would be people happy to give it the 'told you so' if folk went back after saying they wouldn't, which might put those people off of going back.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Why? I hadn't forgotten that you'd said it, just didn't realise you had.

Not that it makes any difference to the original point which is that there would be people happy to give it the 'told you so' if folk went back after saying they wouldn't, which might put those people off of going back.

Ah trolling, i get it now one rule for some eh?

matty_f
23-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Ah trolling, i get it now one rule for some eh?

You've lost me now, how's that trolling?

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2015, 06:57 AM
You've lost me now, how's that trolling?

You posted a blatant lie about something i never said, but i suppose an admin can get away with this without having to answer for it?

matty_f
24-06-2015, 07:09 AM
You posted a blatant lie about something i never said, but i suppose an admin can get away with this without having to answer for it?

Where did I do that?! I think you've totally missed the point that I was making.

I wasn't posting about you saying you wouldn't go back, I had no idea you'd ever said that. I've no idea wtf you're on about, to be honest.

Top Pans Hibby
24-06-2015, 07:19 AM
So getting back to the original question.... What would make me buy a season ticket?

1. Playing in Premier League. I didn't renew after Hamilton game last year and haven't renewed this year. This goes for the 3 of us who go together. We now PATG if and when we go.
2. The Petrie / Farmer situation. I'd still prefer both to be away.
3. I'd prefer if Hibs didn't send me an email with Kenny MacAskill encouring me to buy a ST. His opinion Ican do completely without.
A mixed bag of reasons but my honest opinion!!

bobbyhibs1983
24-06-2015, 08:17 AM
So getting back to the original question.... What would make me buy a season ticket?

3. I'd prefer if Hibs didn't send me an email with Kenny MacAskill encouring me to buy a ST. His opinion Ican do completely without.

I wish i had gotten an email from hibs with kenny masAskill encouring me to buy a st, mostly to find out who the heck the person is!!!:confused:

For myself,I think it comes down to value for money, for myself personally,I bought a st last season, at the last moment and well i felt i did not get value for money then.
I dont feel I will buy one for the season coming.If this makes me less a supporter than anyone else then fine.
It might also just be where i am in life as well.It just feels like i am in the middle of the road in guess life. i.e i am not a kid, i am not an oap, i am not a student.It seems hibs, rightly or wrongly want to appeal to families,young kids, and well i do not fall into none of those catergories,(a bit of a moaner i am though!!)

I can understand peoples view in regards helping hibs build a team, but how much is too much?
i mean if a season ticket was £380 should you pay £500 cos you wanna help hibs build a better team?

green&left
24-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Its a cop out. If it wasn't Petrie it would be the lack of 3pm's. If it wasn't the lack of 3pm's it would be the weather. If it wasn't the weather it would be the cost etc etc.

I'd have more respect for people just said they can't be arsed or would rather do something else than the usual BS excuses.

Anyhoo, speaking of ST's, anyone know how many we've sold? Think the last figure released was 6500 a few weeks back?

Ozyhibby
24-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Its a cop out. If it wasn't Petrie it would be the lack of 3pm's. If it wasn't the lack of 3pm's it would be the weather. If it wasn't the weather it would be the cost etc etc.

I'd have more respect for people just said they can't be arsed or would rather do something else than the usual BS excuses.

Anyhoo, speaking of ST's, anyone know how many we've sold? Think the last figure released was 6500 a few weeks back?

We are down about 2000 fans on recents seasons. Lack of 3pm's etc were not a problem before. A lot of people came away from the Hamilton game with the view that they would not be back till he was gone. Some of them have stuck to that and we are suffering for it.
Imo, there are only three possible explanations for the drop in attendances.
1. Petrie boycott
2. Poor quality and style of football being played.
3. The league we are in.

I think that number 2 has been dealt with but 3 and 1 need dealt with sooner rather than later.

marinello59
24-06-2015, 10:46 AM
We are down about 2000 fans on recents seasons. Lack of 3pm's etc were not a problem before. A lot of people came away from the Hamilton game with the view that they would not be back till he was gone. Some of them have stuck to that and we are suffering for it.
1. Petrie boycott
3. The league we are in.

I think that number 2 has been dealt with but 3 and 1 need dealt with sooner rather than later.

Where is the voice of this mass of Petrie boycotters then? If their principles are that strong surely they are doing something more than just staying away. They are silent and the only reason we know they exist is because a few posters on here say they have mates who are not attending just because of Petrie.

Calum68
24-06-2015, 10:51 AM
I bought my season ticket because I love Hibs and spending time with my boy watching them. Petrie, or anyone else for that matter, didn't enter the equation

Smartie
24-06-2015, 10:53 AM
1. Petrie boycott
3. The league we are in.

I think that in the 2 seasons prior to last season our season tickets sales were swollen to false levels by some clever manoeuvring relating to the cup final tickets (every season ticket holder for last season and next season gets a cup final ticket) and more than anything that will have contributed to why we had more season tickets sold over those seasons.

If we had been promoted we would have sold a few more.

We are playing some decent stuff and signed some decent players so that will have contributed to us selling a few more.

The Petrie situation doesn't concern me personally. He's presided over some decent times, some average, some awful. It happens. But I'm happy that his influence at the club is currently minor, I'm far more interested in the effect that Dempster and Stubbs have - they are the main figures now, they are doing well and 100% have my support.

The only thing that really matters to me is whether or not I enjoy going to see Hibs play. I wasn't for a while but got my arm twisted into renewing (when I wasn't going to) by the cup final tickets. Then I happily renewed again last summer when we signed Scott Allan (the first bit of ambition we'd showed in years) as well as watching Stubbs' team actually passing the ball during pre-season. Ok, we didn't go up or get to a cup final but I was pleased that I did renew and I actually thought it was an enjoyable season of football in spite of it ending in disappointing fashion.

As regards the Petrie stuff - I totally disagree with the sentiment but there enough people out there saying it that I think we should at least take it seriously. To write off all of those people who are saying this is foolish in the extreme. Sure there will be some using this as a convenient excuse and there may be a wee "bounce" in ticket sales if/when he chooses to leave but that alone will not see thousands of missing fans return.

If we make a good start to the season and lead the league from the front, that will see many return. If we go up, that will see more. These are more important factors than anything to do with Petrie.

HappyHanlon
24-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I bought my season ticket because I love Hibs and spending time with my boy watching them. Petrie, or anyone else for that matter, didn't enter the equation

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Absolute cop out to blame Petrie for not getting a ST.

Club get to a final (with Petrie behind the scenes), those people will demand a fair share of tickets. BOLT!

Ozyhibby
24-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Btw, I'm not boycotting because of Petrie in case people thought I was. I'm only making the case that there are people who are and that ignoring them is foolish. It would all be much easier if he went.

PeeJay
24-06-2015, 11:08 AM
The season ticket/attendance issue IMO is down to:

- Failure to get promoted
- Failure to get to any cup final
- Lack of exciting/quality football on offer at ER (incl. opponents)
- Poor management of the club - it has been shocking for many years (everyone knows who the culprits are, no reason not to: they're still here)
- A lack of belief that we will make it this season

None of this can be washed away by claims that everything at ER is changing and improving - last season was anything but a success.

I think everything I have mentioned has to change for season ticket sales to go up.

I won't be buying a season ticket myself, but I will be buying another Hibs TV season ticket as that service at least has definitely changed and improved, and I'd like to support it to keep it going.

Golden Bear
24-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Btw, I'm not boycotting because of Petrie in case people thought I was. I'm only making the case that there are people who are and that ignoring them is foolish. It would all be much easier if he went.

Who knows, there might be fans out there who only go to the games because they have trust in Petrie's stewardship.

That's an equally bizarre argument as suggesting that Petrie's continued presence is preventing some fans from attending matches.

Bad Martini
24-06-2015, 11:16 AM

"pish" to quote you.

I know plenty (and that's more than 2 or 3) who are abstaining from Easter Road because of Petrie. Who are you to judge people's Hibbyness? Incidentally, I know (personally) people who WILL be back WHEN Petrie goes and these folk are home/away fans or rather, were home and away fans, season in and out for many years.

My personal reason for not renewing (last season or this season) is time. I went the butcher season and often went on a sense of duty. There was little pleasure. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Try telling a 9 year old and an 11 year old, when faced with questions that we support a team that (was) **** and a regime that we hated because it's the "right thing" to do and "thats just what we do". Isnt that hypocritical though Dad? Yes kids, but dont let my double standards confuse you!

Fact. People dont stop loving their team. Fact. People never lose affection for such a tribal thing as football. Fact. Most all the folks who are abstaining due to Petrie, WILL, be back.

And final fact, whether they do or they dont, it's nobodies place (On here or offline) to judge other Hibs fans. I think we've all got the same common goal, internet trolls aside and nobody is here for the "glory".

What our club needs, in addition to money, is a ****ing riddance of the uber fans and judgemental mob who think they have every answer as to why folk dont go to football (and consequently moan like **** when some folk DO go to games such as bigger games in isolation) and then also moan at everything in between from the pies, the team, the manager, the stand, the toilets, the strip, the effort of the team and whatever the **** else is popular to moan about.

:rolleyes:

Big_Franck
24-06-2015, 11:20 AM
1. Petrie boycott
3. The league we are in.

Agreed. I know of 3 people that are still refusing to go back while Petrie is there. They had season tickets for years until the hamilton game. The number of people that are not attending because he is still involved is not insignificant IMO.

matty_f
24-06-2015, 11:24 AM
"pish" to quote you.

I know plenty (and that's more than 2 or 3) who are abstaining from Easter Road because of Petrie. Who are you to judge people's Hibbyness? Incidentally, I know (personally) people who WILL be back WHEN Petrie goes and these folk are home/away fans or rather, were home and away fans, season in and out for many years.

My personal reason for not renewing (last season or this season) is time. I went the butcher season and often went on a sense of duty. There was little pleasure. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Try telling a 9 year old and an 11 year old, when faced with questions that we support a team that (was) **** and a regime that we hated because it's the "right thing" to do and "thats just what we do". Isnt that hypocritical though Dad? Yes kids, but dont let my double standards confuse you!

Fact. People dont stop loving their team. Fact. People never lose affection for such a tribal thing as football. Fact. Most all the folks who are abstaining due to Petrie, WILL, be back.

And final fact, whether they do or they dont, it's nobodies place (On here or offline) to judge other Hibs fans. I think we've all got the same common goal, internet trolls aside and nobody is here for the "glory".

What our club needs, in addition to money, is a ****ing riddance of the uber fans and judgemental mob who think they have every answer as to why folk dont go to football (and consequently moan like **** when some folk DO go to games such as bigger games in isolation) and then also moan at everything in between from the pies, the team, the manager, the stand, the toilets, the strip, the effort of the team and whatever the **** else is popular to moan about.

:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone is being judgmental on this thread, it genuinely wasn't posted to be like that or to make out any one fan was better than another.

Bad Martini
24-06-2015, 11:33 AM
I don't think anyone is being judgmental on this thread, it genuinely wasn't posted to be like that or to make out any one fan was better than another.

I suspect the thread started with good intentions and I can see why folks would want to know and applaud wholeheartedly the efforts many are making (in their free time) to help this situation, calling up Hibs fans and generally making positive attempts to change things.

That, I can understand and agree with. But, there is a significant number of people who are dyed in the wool Hibs fans, who attended home and away and who (for their reasons, which I respect) aren't going back to Easter Road til Petrie pisses of completely. Personally, I'm done with him; he's insignificant and will be gone sooner rather than later but I can understand some folks not seeing things that way and I know many who will be seething and pissed off they feel they have to do that. It's not a decision many will be taking lightly either.

As in most things and aspects of life, it's rarely black and white......

Fat Stu
24-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Been a while since I posted on here but i'll confess to being another who refuses to attend ER until he who shall not be named buggers off. I attended a few away games but none at home.

Even then i've found better things to do with my saturday afternoon/sunday afternoon or monday night, so I might go back when it suits me rather than have a season ticket..

Petrie has done irreversible damage to this club and it would stick in my throat to give to this club whilst he's still involved, behind the scenes or not.

He is the reason I stopped attending and whilst he may be an excuse to stop attending, remove him and I will sincerely reconsider.

southsider
24-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Been a while since I posted on here but i'll confess to being another who refuses to attend ER until he who shall not be named buggers off. I attended a few away games but none at home.

Even then i've found better things to do with my saturday afternoon/sunday afternoon or monday night, so I might go back when it suits me rather than have a season ticket..

Petrie has done irreversible damage to this club and it would stick in my throat to give to this club whilst he's still involved, behind the scenes or not.

He is the reason I stopped attending and whilst he may be an excuse to stop attending, remove him and I will sincerely reconsider.

Well Stu, IMHO there are NO better things to do come Saturday afternoons than support Alan Stubbs' Hibs team. Forget Petrie he is yesterday's man and get yourself back to ER. In fact so pleased I am I with the present management team I am going to buy an extra S/T as a spare for family members, g/f or whoever can make it along on match day. Not really allowed but that is our secret. GGTTH.

Ozyhibby
24-06-2015, 01:18 PM

This can't be right? I read on here, people like you don't exist?

matty_f
24-06-2015, 01:19 PM
This can't be right? I read on here, people like you don't exist?

Can you point to one single post that says that there is nobody like Stu?

Fat Stu
24-06-2015, 01:40 PM

Trust me, there is no-one quite like me!:na na:

Ozyhibby
24-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Apologies, I'll rephrase that. People on here don't believe you Fat Stu. They think you are lying about you reason for not attending. They think you were looking for an excuse anyway and Petrie is just your scapegoat.
Seriously though, we want as many people as possible to attend Hibs games. That's why we have a big stadium.
The club need to listen to the reasons people are not attending Easter road and eliminate as many as possible. If it's the pies, then we look to see where improvements can be made. If it's kick off times then we look at that as well.
And if it's Rod Petrie then we need to deal with that. He should be easy to replace now that he has no day to day involvement and also the fact that he was no good at his job anyway. This is a case now where the man is actively hurting the club to preserve his own position. He is an absolute disgrace.

matty_f
24-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Trust me, there is no-one quite like me!:na na:

:thumbsup: Nowt wrong with that, pal!!

Gatecrasher
24-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Remember the chicken and egg argument regarding season ticket sales and transfers? well the club have certainly made the first move this year.

Fat Stu
24-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Well Stu, IMHO there are NO better things to do come Saturday afternoons than support Alan Stubbs' Hibs team. Forget Petrie he is yesterday's man and get yourself back to ER. In fact so pleased I am I with the present management team I am going to buy an extra S/T as a spare for family members, g/f or whoever can make it along on match day. Not really allowed but that is our secret. GGTTH.

Ah but there is, having a daughter who despite my best efforts doesn’t like football and who can blame her having, being forced to watch post mogga Hibernian. I now have a little one who will be ready to suffer like his dad and granddad before him in about a years time.

The thing is because of Rod I found other things I enjoyed doing (at a cheaper cost)as have numerous others and no amount of good football or improved league will change that now for some.

Ozyhibby
24-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Remember the chicken and egg argument regarding season ticket sales and transferstransfers? well the club have certainly made the first move this year.

Good business so far. Would like to see a real exciting signing now. A signing that would have the fans desperate for the season to start for.

southsider
24-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Good business so far. Would like to see a real exciting signing now. A signing that would have the fans desperate for the season to start for.

I am already. Summers a bummer (eh Bill) !

matty_f
24-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Remember the chicken and egg argument regarding season ticket sales and transferstransfers? well the club have certainly made the first move this year.

This is certainly true!

Here's what I think about it, FWIW.

I am a great believer in the saying "what you've got is what you want" - it basically means that if you wanted something better you'd do what it takes to get it.

For me, that means influencing what I can to help get what I want. Now, unfortunately I was never good enough at football to get out on the pitch and be able to directly help Hibs, and when I could have worked hard enough to get better at football, I didn't want it enough to put the work in. Too late to do anything about that now.

So I want a successful Hibs side. There are few better feelings than watching the Hibs play well and win. Weekends are made or broken on a Hibs result sometimes. I want us to be the best in Edinburgh, the best in Scotland.

There are only a handful of ways that I can influence it, if I put my hand on my heart and say I want Hibs to do well, I know that I have some (albeit small) say in how successful we can be.

That influence comes through buying season tickets, shares, supporting the team, and getting involved hands-on with things like Working Together.

That's the bottom line, really. Aside from the fact I love going to the games- it's time I wouldn't normally have with my Dad and my son - I want Hibs to do well enough that I'll do my bit to make it happen.

I don't care if that's an overly simplistic view to take, and I fully accept that everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money without having to feel like they should answer to someone. Each to their own, that's fine with me.

PatHead
24-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I can understand people not buying after the Hamilton game due to RP's involvement. I pretty much felt the same but had already renewed on the payment plan so was stuck with my ticket as was my son but I do know others who didn't and I fully respect their decision.

I have renewed for this season and have found a new "love" for the club. This is primarily because it is being run properly for the first time in ages and is providing football which I really enjoy again.

Can I appeal to anyone (and I do believe they exist as I spoke to quite a few when doing tele-canvassing to get season tickets last year) who hasn't renewed because of RP to think again. He has little to do with the day to day running of the club and Leeann definitely runs the show these days.

If you know anyone who is in that boat, please tell them how different the place is now and that we need their support to take us on to the next level. The club is changing for the better and will continue to change off the field.

The priority has to be to get a winning team on the park though and we are back to the chicken and egg situation..............we need money to buy better players to get us out the league to attract fans back.

emerald green
24-06-2015, 05:48 PM

The bit in bold - that's the category into which the majority of lapsed supporters fall into IMO.

I was speaking to a couple of blokes just recently who used to go regularly to ER, one a former season ticket holder. We got talking about this subject, and one said words to the effect that he didn't want to put himself through the stuff the Hibs support has had to suffer in recent seasons any longer. He was referring in particular to that cup final, the Malmo debacle, and the truly shocking manner in which the club was relegated. They both seemed very disillusioned, despite my saying that things have improved at ER both on and off the pitch.

The impression I got was that it's going to take an awful lot to get these guys back at ER, let alone get them to buy a season ticket. How typical they are, and how many there are out there like them I don't really know.

GreenLake
24-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Introduction of a hypersonic flight between LAX and EDI

silverhibee
24-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Where is the voice of this mass of Petrie boycotters then? If their principles are that strong surely they are doing something more than just staying away. They are silent and the only reason we know they exist is because a few posters on here say they have mates who are not attending just because of Petrie.

Simple question.

Should Petrie step down and leave the club. :aok:

marinello59
24-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Simple question.

Yes he should. Simple enough answer? I look forward to your follow ups.

silverhibee
24-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Who knows, there might be fans out there who only go to the games because they have trust in Petrie's stewardship.

That's an equally bizarre argument as suggesting that Petrie's continued presence is preventing some fans from attending matches.

15% according to a poll done on here a while back.

iwasthere1972
24-06-2015, 06:47 PM
The bit in bold - that's the category into which the majority of lapsed supporters fall into IMO.

I was speaking to a couple of blokes just recently who used to go regularly to ER, one a former season ticket holder. We got talking about this subject, and one said words to the effect that he didn't want to put himself through the stuff the Hibs support has had to suffer in recent seasons any longer. He was referring in particular to that cup final, the Malmo debacle, and the truly shocking manner in which the club was relegated. They both seemed very disillusioned, despite my saying that things have improved at ER both on and off the pitch.

The impression I got was that it's going to take an awful lot to get these guys back at ER, let alone get them to buy a season ticket. How typical they are, and how many there are out there like them I don't really know.

Hibs are for life. You don't just jump off the merry go round when the going gets tough then jump back on when the good times are back. You hang on in there hoping that Petrie will be the first to fall off.

silverhibee
24-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Apologies, I'll rephrase that. People on here don't believe you Fat Stu. They think you are lying about you reason for not attending. They think you were looking for an excuse anyway and Petrie is just your scapegoat.
Seriously though, we want as many people as possible to attend Hibs games. That's why we have a big stadium.
The club need to listen to the reasons people are not attending Easter road and eliminate as many as possible. If it's the pies, then we look to see where improvements can be made. If it's kick off times then we look at that as well.
And if it's Rod Petrie then we need to deal with that. He should be easy to replace now that he has no day to day involvement and also the fact that he was no good at his job anyway. This is a case now where the man is actively hurting the club to preserve his own position. He is an absolute disgrace.

It was getting that bad Hibs.net Admin team responded with a statement to the club regards the damage Petrie was doing to the club and wanted him removed.

hibs.net response to the club's statement of 29th May

Published on 29-05-2014 10:15 PM 14 Comments Comments
In response to the club's statement on Thursday 29th May the Hibs.net Admin team would like to reiterate the point made regarding Rod Petrie's continued involvement at board level. We are in no doubt that his presence will hamper Leeann Dempster's attempts to engage with the support when she takes up the role of CEO next week. It doesn't matter how many times she tells us that she has full control, and that Rod Petrie is not offering any guidance, as a large section of the support simply won't believe that.

While Rod Petrie remains on the board it will be extremely difficult for Leeann to achieve the season ticket sales and sponsorships required to fund the club's push to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking, and that has to be the number one priority for everyone connected with Hibernian FC. Rod Petrie should recognise this himself and step down with immediate effect.

The admin team is confident that the vast majority of the site's users agree with this view.

The admin team did not receive a reply to the e-mail sent to the club on 27th May. We will write to Leann Dempster when she starts on Monday to make the same point and will ask for her reply.

silverhibee
24-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Yes he should. Simple enough answer? I look forward to your follow ups.

Hope it happens soon. My follow up.

Brooster
24-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Its amazing how touchy some folk can get when thier love of Hibs/non attendance at ER is called in to question.

greenginger
24-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Simple question.

He should step down as Chairman immediately.

If the major share holder of the club wants him on the board , he stays.

Judging by the share issue take-up, there does not seem to be an overwhelming drive by the mass Hibs support to purchase a majority share holding and force Petrie out.

Ronniekirk
24-06-2015, 07:11 PM

It was getting that bad Hibs.net Admin team responded with a statement to the club regards the damage Petrie was doing to the club and wanted him removed.

hibs.net response to the club's statement of 29th May

Published on 29-05-2014 10:15 PM 14 Comments Comments
In response to the club's statement on Thursday 29th May the Hibs.net Admin team would like to reiterate the point made regarding Rod Petrie's continued involvement at board level. We are in no doubt that his presence will hamper Leeann Dempster's attempts to engage with the support when she takes up the role of CEO next week. It doesn't matter how many times she tells us that she has full control, and that Rod Petrie is not offering any guidance, as a large section of the support simply won't believe that.

While Rod Petrie remains on the board it will be extremely difficult for Leeann to achieve the season ticket sales and sponsorships required to fund the club's push to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking, and that has to be the number one priority for everyone connected with Hibernian FC. Rod Petrie should recognise this himself and step down with immediate effect.

The admin team is confident that the vast majority of the site's users agree with this view.

The admin team did not receive a reply to the e-mail sent to the club on 27th May. We will write to Leann Dempster when she starts on Monday to make the same point and will ask for her reply.

Opening up old wounds Silver ,at point when Club under Leeanns Stewardship are doing their best to move us forward and be positive . I think she has made her position clear she now calls the shots on a day to day basis ,And whether we ,or she likes it ,Petrie will hang about like a bad smell .Whether that bad smell still permeates every nook and cranny of the place is debatable ,but I genuinely don't think he will now be interfering in the way he used to or S A would have been sold by now and we would still be waiting on new signings ,and contact extensions being negotiated .
Yep I signed up to get rid of him and would rather he had moved on ,but I am prepared to accept the Club is changing for the better and in that respect his continued presence doesn't appear to now be holding us back ,apart from an unspecified number of lapsed fans who may or may not return to supporting the club by attending if he did walk away .

marinello59
24-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Hope it happens soon. My follow up.

Me too. But I was with Paul Kane and co on boycotts, they aren't the way to go about things.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2015, 08:17 PM

Sorry Stu, but the damage is not irreversible otherwise we'd have gone down the tubes. I'd argue that LD and her team have addressed this and that we are heading back to where we belong

green day
24-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Simple question.

The answer is a clear yes from me.

But its counter productive for people to state "I will support Hibs at away games but not at Easter road".

Going to livi/Falkirk/St mirren etc, pay your cash to them......but not to Hibs? Aye right, that's helping Hibs big style.

I have a mate that's in that camp, and don't believe he will suddenly turn into a season ticket holder if rod leaves.

IMO its an easy excuse.

emerald green
25-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Hibs are for life. You don't just jump off the merry go round when the going gets tough then jump back on when the good times are back. You hang on in there hoping that Petrie will be the first to fall off.

Not for everyone though, it would appear.

Gatecrasher
25-06-2015, 07:29 PM
http://youtu.be/-GO9khBP4sM

Stubbs talks about ST sales and the share issue during this interview.

PatHead
25-06-2015, 07:45 PM
http://youtu.be/-GO9khBP4sM

Stubbs talks about ST sales and the share issue during this interview.

...................and has a go at certain other clubs for trying to get our players