PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wilson at murray park

Lago
22-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Under going medical with 3 year deal on the table. Does this mean ranger's in the championship pay better that heeart's in the premiership?

SunshineOnLeith
22-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Rangers in the third division pay was better than Hearts (or Hibs) in the SPL.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2015, 04:53 PM
What an erse, could have got decent money and played at a higher level down south as he intimated to other Hearts players well before the news came out he was leaving. Instead took the easy payday.

Lago
22-06-2015, 04:56 PM
What an erse, could have got decent money and played at a higher level down south as he intimated to other Hearts players well before the news came out he was leaving. Instead took the easy payday.
Totally agree, serious lack of ambition.

Greencore
22-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Good move for him regarding wages, still a p***k though.

bingo70
22-06-2015, 04:57 PM
I never thought he was that good

Onceinawhile
22-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Where did you see this?

It would be quite funny if he left hearts for a new challenge, which turns out to be on playing in the league he just won, with a former club.

Lago
22-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Where did you see this?

It would be quite funny if he left hearts for a new challenge, which turns out to be on playing in the league he just won, with a former club.
Reported on BBC Radio Scotl. as breaking news.

Spike Mandela
22-06-2015, 05:04 PM
What a loser. Deserves all he gets going to that madhouse at this time. Yet another signing that shouldn't strike fear into other teams in Championship either imo.

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Totally agree, serious lack of ambition.

He had ambition previously and got burnt.

Andy74
22-06-2015, 05:11 PM

Perhaps he just didn't like his working conditions or team mates?

Or maybe he really just wanted a few more quid every week and was offered it?

I'm sure I, like many others, could make more cash moving to London for example but I've no intention of doing so as I quite like where I live and being near family and friends.

Rangers are a big club, paying good wages and have good facilities for players and its close to home, seesm fair enough to me to make that sort of decision.

GreenArmyyy!
22-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Strange strange move, mind you to play for either of those teams you need your head looking at.

Godsahibby
22-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Here comes the lack of ambition chat!!!! Could have said the same about Allan or Fyvie at Hibs.

Did he not already make that move and it didn't turn out the best for him. He will be on decent and maybe bought into the management team.

easty
22-06-2015, 05:35 PM
He knows his level. He wouldn't have got a move to anyone any good down south now anyway.

stoneyburn hibs
22-06-2015, 06:01 PM
If that's one of their big signings this season, then it's a bit meh. Bring on the The Rangers.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 06:09 PM
8k per week - rising to 10 if they get promoted. That lot never learn do they!

Hamish
22-06-2015, 06:17 PM
How can they possibly pay 8k a week?

Brightside
22-06-2015, 06:18 PM

The guy from derby is supposed to be 10k per week too. I think they are going to struggle to find the talent to compete.

KWJ
22-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Not terrifying news but I'd rather they didn't sign him.

King has said that they'll use all their ST money on new signings, and while they won't get his desired 45,000 they will bring in enough to sign a few 8k a week players. They upped their prices 5% too. At a low average of 400 pound , selling 35,000 would mean over 20k a week.

If they want to buy someone for a few hundred k + however then they need investment.

Hamish
22-06-2015, 06:23 PM
The guy from derby is supposed to be 10k per week too. I think they are going to struggle to find the talent to compete.

Unbelievable. In fact, it's them so no it's not. Hopefully more comedy from them this season

weonlywon6-2
22-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Never thought he was any good, another donkey in the ranks is not a bad thing

Aldo
22-06-2015, 07:44 PM
8 grand a week for Wilson, dear o dear. Will they never learn.

The boy isn't worth 8 Bob a week let alone 8k.

ballengeich
22-06-2015, 08:17 PM

For the past three seasons the only team they could afford to compete with for players has been Queens Park.

Whether the 8k a week is true or not, unless there's fresh money coming in from King or some other source they'll struggle to make it into 2016.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Decent enough move for him.

Not really good enough for a much higher level and he'll earn more, train at better facilities, play at a better stadium and arguably have a better chance of winning something than he would have at the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or in League 1 down south.

Kavinho
22-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Surely the Davie Weir connection made the difference in this one

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Perhaps he just didn't like his working conditions or team mates?

Or maybe he really just wanted a few more quid every week and was offered it?

I'm sure I, like many others, could make more cash moving to London for example but I've no intention of doing so as I quite like where I live and being near family and friends.

Rangers are a big club, paying good wages and have good facilities for players and its close to home, seesm fair enough to me to make that sort of decision.

Yes, yes I know all that, it still doesn't alter my opinion and sentinent of my post.......next!

Leithenhibby
22-06-2015, 08:55 PM
8 grand a week for Wilson, dear o dear. Will they never learn.

The boy isn't worth 8 Bob a week let alone 8k.

THIS :agree:

Never rated him that highly to be honest :cb

SlickShoes
22-06-2015, 09:01 PM
My Rangers mate is messaging me the now and can't believe they are paying him 8 grand a week.

Same old Rangers then, throwing imaginary money about.

Nutmegged
23-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Tell Ian Black its imaginary money, they paid him ovet a million quid in wages over his 3 year stint in Sevconia and I'm pretty certain they didn't default in one payment

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 07:33 AM
How many folk would say Leigh Griffiths had no ambition if he was to leave Celtic and come to Hibs in the Championship on a 3 year contract?

allezsauzee
23-06-2015, 07:39 AM
I suspect Wilson knows his limitations and if he's really getting 8 grand a week then it's great opportunity for him to get financial security. I'll be quite happy if this is the standard of player that The Rangers will be signing to try and blow us out the water.

Ronniekirk
23-06-2015, 07:49 AM
They have freed up lots of wages in getting rid of the old guard who were all on that sort of wage so it doesn't surprise me if they are paying this out for what they would see as a few key signings at this early stage given the rebuilding job ahead .they know they are playing catch up and they won't want us to do a hearts and get too far out of sight given the recent playoff experience

king was originally talking of putting £30 million into the club ,but that's dropped to £10 million and to date not sure what he has actually put in ,so he could personally finance some deals but he will clearly be working behind the scenes to look at investment options and did I not see a Richard Gough Article in last few days talking about fund for fans to pay into for Transfers .

Sadly I don't think anyone in the Governing Body will be looking to scrutinise them so am sure they will find ways to pick up players and pay over the odds The real issue will be can new Manager gell the Team quickly ,because as we saw last season if they aren't doing well fans quickly turn and if King hasn't put his money where his mouth is ,he will be no different .
However the word from most Rangers fans I speak to is that they are content with what is happening to date so assume Season Ticket a Sales will be doing well
I won't be underestimating them this season at this stage .

Spike Mandela
23-06-2015, 08:08 AM
How many folk would say Leigh Griffiths had no ambition if he was to leave Celtic and come to Hibs in the Championship on a 3 year contract?

Probably everybody to be honest.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Probably everybody to be honest.

I doubt that.

nellio
23-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Money grabbing simple as that.

I said in another thread when this roumour came up that it was a crazy move. Unbelivable really. Shows what we're up against that were playing against a team paying players 8K a week (which they most likley dont have). Hope they go bust again.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Paddy Power ‏@paddypower (https://twitter.com/paddypower) 17 mins (https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/613285068442836992)17 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/613285068442836992)
Rangers have confirmed the signing of Danny Wilson. "Everything is wonderful," the defender said in a statement. "Being here is heavenly."

:tee hee:

Hibernia&Alba
23-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Paddy Power ‏@paddypower (https://twitter.com/paddypower) 17 mins (https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/613285068442836992)17 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/613285068442836992)
Rangers have confirmed the signing of Danny Wilson. "Everything is wonderful," the defender said in a statement. "Being here is heavenly."

:tee hee:

You're not allowed to recite Mary's Prayer at Rangers ;-)

Bad Martini
23-06-2015, 11:05 AM
What is ambition? Surely it is to play at the highest level, in the top league/cups/competitions and go as far as you can as a football player? That would be a footballing ambition one would assume any right minded and serious FOOTBALL player would have no?

If your "ambition" is to go down a league and play for a club who have a chance, but by no means guaranteed chance, to reach the top league, compos etc, then Wilson has made the correct move in terms of ambition.

If he just wanted money, fair dues. Doesn't show "ambition" though does it?

And to answer the Sparky question someone posed ; yes, if he went backwards, you could definitely say he lacked ambition. However, if his ambition is to play at Hibs forever more, then he'd surely be achieving that.

Suppose it depends 100% on your definition of "ambition" ???

Either way, who gives a **** about him or the huns? They've both met a match in eachother - mediocre and of no significance to the Hibee machine's plans this season.

ENDOF :na na::thumbsup:

Andy74
23-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Me

Lago
23-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Every one who looked at it objectively rather than through hibs green tinted glasses.

calumhibee1
23-06-2015, 12:09 PM
At the level of football we're at you can't blame people for chasing the cash. Different when you're in the EPL earning 80k a week and go chasing or 150k but him going there for 8k a week could be the difference between him retiring after football or staying at Hearts on 2k a week and having to drive taxis or something after football.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2015, 12:20 PM
You're not allowed to recite Mary's Prayer at Rangers ;-)

:top marks

liamh2202
23-06-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't think its lack of ambition. Like it or not rangers are a bigger club than hearts.. And if his ambition is to make a better living for himself and his family then what's wrong with that? If a smaller company offered me more wages I'd be there. I think people forget these guys do this for a living

Either way I'm happy as he is murder

Lago
23-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think its lack of ambition. Like it or not rangers are a bigger club than hearts.. And if his ambition is to make a better living for himself and his family then what's wrong with that? If a smaller company offered me more wages I'd be there. I think people forget these guys do this for a living

Either way I'm happy as he is murder
I think most on here are looking at it in terms of sporting ambition, after all Andy Murray could have hung around Scotland and probably made a living coaching etc but he was ambitious to win top tournaments.

liamh2202
23-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I think most on here are looking at it in terms of sporting ambition, after all Andy Murray could have hung around Scotland and probably made a living coaching etc but he was ambitious to win top tournaments.

I don't think that's comparing as he would have made less being a coach than a player. At the end of the day in the long run he probably has more chance of success , cups etc with rangers anyway.

Andy74
23-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Just learned there is a bit more to him in staying in Scotland. Personal family stuff so the money grabbing and ambition comments are a bit off the mark.

green day
23-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Just learned there is a bit more to him in staying in Scotland. Personal family stuff so the money grabbing and ambition comments are a bit off the mark.

I hear his other half is preggers, so staying here is a personal issue - it was either squad player at celtic or first teamer at rangers.

Lago
23-06-2015, 04:56 PM
I hear his other half is preggers, so staying here is a personal issue - it was either squad player at celtic or first teamer at rangers.
Fair do to him, she will want to be near her family.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Anyone have any credible source for the 8k a week?

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Me

Every one who looked at it objectively rather than through hibs green tinted glasses.

But you wouldn't give a toss about it when he was banging them in for us.

Lago
23-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Totally different argument. Certainly nothing to do with ambition.

Andy74
23-06-2015, 06:31 PM

Correct.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Totally different argument. Certainly nothing to do with ambition.

I personally couldnt give a toss about any players ambition, if Pirlo and half the Barca team all wanted to play for us i'd not question their ambition, i'd by two season tickets just in case one was not enough to watch a good Hibs team.

Lago
23-06-2015, 06:56 PM
:zzzzz!:
I personally couldnt give a toss about any players ambition, if Pirlo and half the Barca team all wanted to play for us i'd not question their ambition, i'd by two season tickets just in case one was not enough to watch a good Hibs team.

stantonhibby
23-06-2015, 07:00 PM

Only if Petrie had left surely?