PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell

Torto7062
22-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Being reported this morning Scott Allan to Smellic for 500k.

Does anyone think we should sell?
,I personally think keeping him is worth knocking it back if we win the league

easty
22-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Of course we shouldn't sell him.

matty_f
22-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Of course we shouldn't sell him.

Totally agree.

Scottie
22-06-2015, 08:09 AM

Sell but nothing less than £1.5 million to that heinous club.

AS will find another gem of a midfielder to replace Scott.

Kojock
22-06-2015, 08:17 AM
If the Hibs Board want to ruin everything they have worked so hard to build over the past year or so and totally kill the feelgood factor amongst the Hibs support then sell him.

If the Hibs Board want to show the fans they are prepared to practice what they have preached to us over the past year or so and show everyone they have the ambition to win the Championship then dont sell him.

Ozyhibby
22-06-2015, 08:18 AM
If we sell it will be yet another kick in the teeth for the fans from this board, which has now brought us a second season in the championship.

Brightside
22-06-2015, 08:22 AM
this is getting boring now.

Simkin911
22-06-2015, 08:24 AM
All players in the squad should be available for sale at the correct price. I'd have thought £1m would be reasonable. That kind of money would provide a massive boost to strengthen the team in many more areas. Personally, I think Stubbs would invest it wisely.

Forza Fred
22-06-2015, 08:24 AM
If we sell it will be yet another kick in the teeth for the fans from this board, which has now brought us a second season in the championship.

Sell and we are making a statement that we expect to be a championship side for years to come

Torto7062
22-06-2015, 08:25 AM

All it takes is the board and Scotty to release a statement saying he's going nowhere unless Griffiths is part of the deal 😊

Hamish
22-06-2015, 08:26 AM
IF this is true and I am sceptical, then I cannot see how the board could turn down that sort of money. Yes he is a good player, too good for the Championship, but he is replaceable and perhaps McGeouch could then step up and take over the role SA has been doing.

mentalhibee
22-06-2015, 08:27 AM

It's been boring for weeks now, let's worry about it when there's been an actual bid.

jdships
22-06-2015, 08:28 AM
What we are looking at here is a " balancing act" by the board
Do they take money and help the economy of the club or do they show ambition and keep the player
In all the years I have supported Hibs I reckon the same question has been asked many many times and would suggest the take is 60/40% in favour of taking the money .
It's easy to criticise and I was one of those who really got upset a number of times over the years but to no avail
Hibs is a " business" and has to be run as such and given we are in the " 2ndDiv" must " cut our cloth to suit our pockets "

DH1875
22-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Said this on another thread but would take £500k from celtic over £1 million from rangers for him every day of the week.
A good offer for him and he'll be away. No problem with that so long as we get the money and it isn't rangers. Selling to rangers would be a massive balls up.

Stokesy's on fire
22-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Na don't get like that. Allan's a good player but the Fraser Fyvie signing for me was more important. Allan won't be going anyway so chill. The board want us back up as much as we fans do.

StevieC
22-06-2015, 08:44 AM
We are a selling club, always will be. That's not a slight on the club, or the board, it's reality.
Even £500k could fund 5 first team players for a season.

Andy74
22-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Sell and we are making a statement that we expect to be a championship side for years to come

I think this is a bit simplistic. However, let's wait and see if we get any bids and take it from there.

McKenzie
22-06-2015, 08:57 AM
750k should be absolute minimum to anyone. Unless there's players coming the other way

lucky
22-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Scott Allen's views on a move to Celtic must also be taken on board. If he wants to move the champions and play in the champions league on more money then he may down tools at Hibs. So the board may decide to sell. If SA does want to go then I hope he puts in a transfer request so that the club can move on

J-C
22-06-2015, 09:03 AM
This really all depends on the player, if we keep him and he then becomes unhappy then that's no good for us as his form will dip, if we sell and the money is reinvested, then Allan can be replaced as there are good players like him out there. As yet we haven't heard what Allan wants and this is the most important thing, is he money orientated etc and sees a move like this to Celtic as his big move, or does he feel a move south after helping us get promotion is better.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 09:04 AM
If the Hibs Board want to ruin everything they have worked so hard to build over the past year or so and totally kill the feelgood factor amongst the Hibs support then sell him.

If the Hibs Board want to show the fans they are prepared to practice what they have preached to us over the past year or so and show everyone they have the ambition to win the Championship then dont sell him.

Or the Board take c750k, plus two of their players, and use the money to enhance the squad? Would people be happy with that?

J-C
22-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Or the Board take c750k, plus two of their players, and use the money to enhance the squad? Would people be happy with that?

As good a player as he is, Scott is not irreplaceable and the main thing is he won't be going to Rangers, that money plus say Dylan would ease the worries and the Fyvie signing also makes up for it.

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2015, 09:09 AM
We don't know enough to say, eg.

- does he have a didn't-get-promoted-you-can-leave clause?
- does he have an anyone-offers-500k clause?
- does Stubbs think he could get a couple of players in with the money that would strengthen us overall?

Taz_hibee
22-06-2015, 09:11 AM

I would take that, SA has been a great player for us but as with past great players is not irreplaceable and if Stubbs got money & player to enhance the squad it would help our push for the title.

scoopyboy
22-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Said this on another thread but would take £500k from celtic over £1 million from rangers for him every day of the week.
A good offer for him and he'll be away. No problem with that so long as we get the money and it isn't rangers. Selling to rangers would be a massive balls up.

I would take the million.

22-06-2015, 09:35 AM
As i mentioned on another thread, theres a great feel good factor around the club atm and a belief that we have a good, strong squad that are more than capable of challenging for the title. The club has to be very careful that they don't go and undo some of the good they have done in repairing years worth of damage.

To sell to the huns would IMO be suicide and would just be reminiscent of the old hibs way where we let go of our most important players to the OF at crucial times. I'd like to think Dempster and co. will take a much harder stance. Huns are our main rivals this years. I reckon the title race will be very tight so it would be a disaster to go and hand them our best player. The club has made it clear that the aim for this season is 1st spot and the fact they have made key signings early shows their statement of intent. We have began preparing our team for next season whilst rangers have been pissing about letting players go and trying to find a manager - that SHOULD give us a slight advantage in terms of preparation but selling them Allan would lose us that advantage IMO.

jacomo
22-06-2015, 09:39 AM
What we are looking at here is a " balancing act" by the board
Do they take money and help the economy of the club or do they show ambition and keep the player
In all the years I have supported Hibs I reckon the same question has been asked many many times and would suggest the take is 60/40% in favour of taking the money .
It's easy to criticise and I was one of those who really got upset a number of times over the years but to no avail
Hibs is a " business" and has to be run as such and given we are in the " 2ndDiv" must " cut our cloth to suit our pockets "

Being in this division is costing Hibs perhaps £1m a season. We need to get promoted above all else, and any offers for players should be seen in this context.

jacomo
22-06-2015, 09:43 AM
As good a player as he is, Scott is not irreplaceable and the main thing is he won't be going to Rangers, that money plus say Dylan would ease the worries and the Fyvie signing also makes up for it.

Fyvie signing doesn't make us a stronger squad than last season though. We need to improve, not be weakened.

allezsauzee
22-06-2015, 09:44 AM

Yes, if one of those two players is Leigh :greengrin

erin go bragh
22-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Be crazy to sell SA to sevco . Makes no sense . Fwiw I think SA will sign an extension to his contract .

GGTTH

J-C
22-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Fyvie signing doesn't make us a stronger squad than last season though. We need to improve, not be weakened.

I never said it made us stronger, I said it helps that he has and makes Allan's loss if he goes a wee bit easier, I'm sure if he goes Stubbs will find someone else and having money there will help.

Thecat23
22-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Scott is a fantastic player. But sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. If he now says he'd be interested in playing for Celtic and who can blame him CL football and chance of winning the league.

Hibs should and I expect will seriously consider any offer if it's what he's worth. He can sign a pre contract come Jan if he doesn't go ahead and signs an extension. Hibs will then lose out on a lot of money that could get a couple of players.

Other hand you can't put a price on promotion and Allan for me would be our key player for winning the league. So I hope he stays myself but won't hold it against the club or him if he wants to move on.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Scott is a fantastic player. But sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. If he now says he'd be interested in playing for Celtic and who can blame him CL football and chance of winning the league.

Hibs should and I expect will seriously consider any offer if it's what he's worth. He can sign a pre contract come Jan if he doesn't go ahead and signs an extension. Hibs will then lose out on a lot of money that could get a couple of players.

Other hand you can't put a price on promotion and Allan for me would be our key player for winning the league. So I hope he stays myself but won't hold it against the club or him if he wants to move on.

Agree, if we get money that allows us to bring in 2 or 3, then I don't have an issue with that

DH1875
22-06-2015, 10:02 AM

What if its rangers?
I think the question isn't sell or not to sell. The question should be, sell or not to sell to rangers.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 10:04 AM
What if its rangers?
I think the question isn't sell or not to sell. The question should be, sell or not to sell to rangers.

We won't sell to Derhun

high bee
22-06-2015, 10:06 AM
In order from most ideal to least.

1. He signs an extension and leaves next summer for a decent fee once we hopefully get promotion.

2. He leaves for Celtic/anyone but Rangers for a decent fee and we reinvest to get a few good players with that cash. Would still be better quality players than we have now, may not be as good as him but we would have a stronger squad.

3. He stays but ends up leaving next summer for free, I honestly believe we would be better with the cash now to increase the squad depth and quality.

4. He signs for Rangers, couldn't care less what the fee is as this would be madness to massively weaken us and strengthen our biggest rival in one swoop.

snooky
22-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I'd be greatly disappointed if Scott moved on to further his career however, I would accept and understand it if he moves south.
If we sell him to one of the Scottish Football hoovers who suck up all the talent and complain that there's no competition I think that could instigate a lot of towels being thrown into the ring.

I despise the OF more with every day I live. Bloodsuckers, past & present.

The NHL have a fair system where the weakest team gets first choice of the draft (and so on up). This ensures that honours are more evenly shared and everybody gets their chance to 'give it a real go'.

ancient hibee
22-06-2015, 10:11 AM
If he goes to Celtic he'll have to get used to being a bit part player unless he gets properly fit(if diabetes allows it).Incidentally is this another example of what John Collins described as other Scottish clubs not being good enough to help Celtic in Europe?

GreenArmyyy!
22-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Would be absolute lunacy to sell a player of his ability if we want to challenge for the title. I do not care what anybody says, Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget. We simply must keep him.

Thecat23
22-06-2015, 10:20 AM
What if its rangers?

Sorry I'm only talking about Celtic, I'd be raging if Hibs sold him to The Rangers. I want him to stay though but it's a tough one for the club.

Row H
22-06-2015, 10:43 AM
I'd be greatly disappointed if Scott moved on to further his career however, I would accept and understand it if he moves south.

If we sell him to one of the Scottish Football hoovers who suck up all the talent and complain that there's no competition I think that could instigate a lot of towels being thrown into the ring.

The NHL have a fair system where the weakest team gets first choice of the draft (and so on up). This ensures that honours are more evenly shared and everybody gets their chance to 'give it a real go'.

From the multitude of posts and threads on Scott Allan potentially staying/going, this post sums it all up perfectly.

Canon Hannan
22-06-2015, 10:52 AM

Snooky the Old Firm do not exist. Sevco are a new club te he.

we buy up players similar to celtic from smaller clubs, that's football mate.

Hibbyradge
22-06-2015, 10:52 AM
£500k plus Scott Brown.

The Leith Dutch
22-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget.

So I sort of get your point on a like for like replacement (though I'd argue that we could possibly manage it via a combination of good scouting and some luck).

What I do think it's worth mentioning is that we may well do better (especially in the Championship) with replacing him with 2 or possibly even 3 attacking players with some set up ability that may be less good. There was a sense last season that good as he was you shut Scott Allan down and we looked a little impotent.

The yams strolled the league last year without the sense of them having any one stand out attacker.

Andy74
22-06-2015, 10:54 AM
From the multitude of posts and threads on Scott Allan potentially staying/going, this post sums it all up perfectly.

It dosn't really, because most people are either saying wait and see or that it would need to be judged on what the deal would be if it did happen. I don't see many people threatening to walk away.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2015, 10:54 AM
We are a selling club, always will be. That's not a slight on the club, or the board, it's reality.
Even £500k could fund 5 first team players for a season.

If the board can treat £.5m as a starting off point and end up with say £.75m from Celtic, that would be much better and I for one would be willing to put my trust in Stubbs to re-invest wisely.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2015, 10:56 AM

Just read this after my post, great minds think alike BF! :thumbsup:

Kojock
22-06-2015, 10:57 AM

If what you quote was the deal then the board would be daft not to accept it, however the money being quoted is 500k which will realistically be around 250k. I for one would not be happy with that.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 11:00 AM
If what you quote was the deal then the board would be daft not to accept it, however the money being quoted is 500k which will realistically be around 250k. I for one would not be happy with that.

Wait and see, Hibs won't be selling on the cheap

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Just read this after my post post, great minds think alike BF! :thumbsup:

You have a great mind, not so sure about mine:greengrin

jacomo
22-06-2015, 11:02 AM
If he goes to Celtic he'll have to get used to being a bit part player unless he gets properly fit(if diabetes allows it).Incidentally is this another example of what John Collins described as other Scottish clubs not being good enough to help Celtic in Europe?

Nah, they'll just loan him to Sevco to help their bigot brothers get back up. :wink:

Bad Martini
22-06-2015, 11:13 AM
This one is VERY simple as far as I can see.

There are no conditions/grounds or price that we can or should sell him to rangers. They are our closest rival. He will come back to bite us and will help them. You do not strengthen your next rivals in business. Or in sport. Or in anything else unless you are actually, certifiably and diagnosed stone radge. NO to the huns. For any price.

BUT...

To the sellick? For any price? No. For £500k and Sparky on loan, all season, no clauses and we dont pay close to his usual wage on the basis of the £500k transfer fee....
Or outright to the manky second to wear the green for £850k and we strengthen our team.

Anything else, tell them to **** off.

ENDOF

22-06-2015, 11:26 AM
This one is VERY simple as far as I can see.

There are no conditions/grounds or price that we can or should sell him to rangers. They are our closest rival. He will come back to bite us and will help them. You do not strengthen your next rivals in business. Or in sport. Or in anything else unless you are actually, certifiably and diagnosed stone radge. NO to the huns. For any price.

Exactly. Would be absolute madness to sell him to the huns. Unless they offered something absolutely crazy like £1.5m+ (which they absolutely wont do) then it has to be a stone cold NO to them.

Platinum Scotty
22-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Don't do FB....and this might be mince but...

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/06/scott-allan-drops-major-hint.html

Row H
22-06-2015, 11:27 AM
It dosn't really, because most people are either saying wait and see or that it would need to be judged on what the deal would be if it did happen. I don't see many people threatening to walk away.

Yes, it does.

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Scott Allan has today dropped the biggest hint yet that he is no longer a Hibernian player by removing the club’s name from his official Twitter account.

As is well known he is under massive interest from Rangers and Celtic, and Ibroxnoise.co.uk sources have confirmed that Hibs tried to offer him a substantial wage increase and two-year extension.

Today’s developments suggest he has rejected that, and it now comes down to a straight choice between the two Old Firm clubs.

One source claimed he made a verbal agreement with Celtic manager Ronny Deila a week or so ago, but has yet to agree terms or finalise the deal (this information supposedly came from a current Rangers player), while others have confirmed the asking price has increased to £1.2M and Rangers may be priced out.

Rangers have reportedly initiated contact with Hibernian, and with Allan a boyhood fan, he will hope the Ibrox men can stump up enough cash and offer an incentive to make him choose the Championship for another year over the SPL and guaranteed European football with Celtic.

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.

Waxy
22-06-2015, 11:33 AM
No deal. Unless they swap LG. They're due us a few hundred favours.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Scott Allan has today dropped the biggest hint yet that he is no longer a Hibernian player by removing the club’s name from his official Twitter account.

As is well known he is under massive interest from Rangers and Celtic, and Ibroxnoise.co.uk sources have confirmed that Hibs tried to offer him a substantial wage increase and two-year extension.

Today’s developments suggest he has rejected that, and it now comes down to a straight choice between the two Old Firm clubs.

One source claimed he made a verbal agreement with Celtic manager Ronny Deila a week or so ago, but has yet to agree terms or finalise the deal (this information supposedly came from a current Rangers player), while others have confirmed the asking price has increased to £1.2M and Rangers may be priced out.

Rangers have reportedly initiated contact with Hibernian, and with Allan a boyhood fan, he will hope the Ibrox men can stump up enough cash and offer an incentive to make him choose the Championship for another year over the SPL and guaranteed European football with Celtic.

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.

Yet his profile picture on twitter has him in a Hibs strip?

MrSmith
22-06-2015, 11:35 AM

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.

Surely if he is still under contract to us, he can't nor no-one on his behalf can talk about transferring him without our permission, or am I missing the point? Not liking the cloak and dagger stuff!

Waxy
22-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Would be absolute lunacy to sell a player of his ability if we want to challenge for the title. I do not care what anybody says, Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget. We simply must keep him.Doubt we need to sell anyway. We'll have budgeted so as not to have to rely on selling anyone.

Chibs
22-06-2015, 11:41 AM
If there is any REAL bid for SA then it is up to him whether he wants stay or move.

As for the thought of selling him and bringing in three new players reminds of selling Durie.

Stuart fxxxxxxg Beedie was one if memory is correct.

Lago
22-06-2015, 12:07 PM

Unfortunately if the player wants to go the decision will not be hibs to take. Player power rules these days.

SunshineOnLeith
22-06-2015, 12:09 PM
I wonder how many pre prepared headlines and stories written by tabloid journos have had the old 'ctrl-f' done on them to replace 'Rangers' with 'Celtic' after motherwell won the playoff.

snooky
22-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Snooky the Old Firm do not exist. Sevco are a new club te he.

we buy up players similar to celtic from smaller clubs, that's football mate.

They once did and that's why I said 'past & present'

Spike Mandela
22-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Failure to get promotion this year would be unacceptable, would knock back the club's development and Stubbs would lose his job. Sell Allan this summer and it makes the task a great deal tougher. You might replace him but run the risk of purely ending up with journeymen like Craig, Robertson and Taiwo.

For me we have the best playerin the league and selling him whilst under contract would be dereliction of duty.

inglisavhibs
22-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately if the player wants to go the decision will not be hibs to take. Player power rules these days.

Yes if he wants to go and there is genuine interest it will happen. I doubt very much if he is good enough yet to play regularly in the Celtic team and he would spend a lot of time on the bench which arguably could hinder his career long term. We all want him to stay, help us get promotion and then pick his club at the end of next season should his form continue to improve. He is one of few players in our team capable of beating a man and our team would lack attacking options without him.

scottish_sleepy
22-06-2015, 01:01 PM
If we sell SA for half a million or 1.2 million it will make no difference to the budget at all if the past is anything to go by. When Scott Brown was sold did we go out and spend the 4 million on players? Did we heck. The majority of any funds raised will go back into the club to service the debt. I'd be surprised if AS was allowed to spend any more than SA's wage. Would love to be proved wrong though .

marinello59
22-06-2015, 01:02 PM
This is one season when Hibs have to say that normal rules do not apply and we will not be a selling club. We are going for a title rather than just making up the numbers in a league. We have to be the strongest we can be and Scott Allan leaving would weaken us.

Turkish Green
22-06-2015, 01:14 PM
The question for me is what is the Board's goal for 2015-2016.

I can accept that the start of last season was hindered due to Butcher leaving and Leeann / Stubbs coming in but Hibs should have beaten Sevco (easily) in the Play-offs - they may not have beaten Motherwell in the final but they should have put Sevco to bed.

If the Board's goal is automatic promotion then they have to attempt to keep SA. If the Board are already conceding the title to Sevco then it's the Play-offs again.

If SA is to be sold then not to a competitor as that would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

JimBHibees
22-06-2015, 01:23 PM
If we sell SA for half a million or 1.2 million it will make no difference to the budget at all if the past is anything to go by. When Scott Brown was sold did we go out and spend the 4 million on players? Did we heck. The majority of any funds raised will go back into the club to service the debt. I'd be surprised if AS was allowed to spend any more than SA's wage. Would love to be proved wrong though .

Scott Brown money would have been put towards the training centre and also new East.

jdships
22-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Being in this division is costing Hibs perhaps £1m a season. We need to get promoted above all else, and any offers for players should be seen in this context.

:thumbsup::agree:

scottish_sleepy
22-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Scott Brown money would have been put towards the training centre and also new East.

Infrastructure or debt (which we still have enough of) but definitely not for going crazy on players.

I can't see that day coming until we're debt free.

Pat 0-7
22-06-2015, 02:44 PM
If the board can treat £.5m as a starting off point and end up with say £.75m from Celtic, that would be much better and I for one would be willing to put my trust in Stubbs to re-invest wisely.

This. I doubt if we'll get the £1.2m thats being quoted.

As long as Stubbs gets the money to re-invest and we dont sell to Sevco.

The team will survive without him, and there's no point keeping him if he wants to go.

Maybe we might even be stronger, depending on the new signings that the fee could pay for, and be less reliant on one player.

Because as good as he is, its frustrating watching attacks break down because he's played an amazing pass that no-one else has the ability to be on the end of, when a simple pass would have kept the attack going.

Big L
22-06-2015, 08:35 PM
All it takes is the board and Scotty to release a statement saying he's going nowhere unless Griffiths is part of the deal 😊 if celts get the striker they are after then griff could be surplus , I would be delighted if we got him for a year, it would ease the pain of losing Allan.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 08:38 PM
I just can't wait until this is all over one way or another.

The increasingly outlandish hypothetical scenarios are ridiculously boring.

bigwheel
22-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I just can't wait until this is all over one way or another.

The increasingly outlandish hypothetical scenarios are ridiculously boring.

If we have any ambition this season...we will not sell him to sevco at any price !

Basildon Hibs
22-06-2015, 09:27 PM
If we have any ambition this season...we will not sell him to sevco at any price !

Sevco are skint and don't have a pot to piss in. So I don't know why people are getting all worried about him going there. :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
23-06-2015, 06:14 AM
I would like him to stay but players come and go so hey ho just make the decision soon so we can get in a replacement in plenty time for the start of the season.

Onion
23-06-2015, 06:27 AM

:agree: Totally agree. It would be madness to sell our best player to our main competitor and seen as capitulation. Sevco are in no position to offer silly money and there are other clubs interested. Hibs need to tell Scott and his agent that we'll not sell him to Sevco under any circumstances. If he's determined to leave, he can go for a price but not to Sevco.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2015, 07:31 AM
We are a selling club, the trick is to get the best deal possible and then invest it back in the team and strengthen. Petrie was good at doing the first bit, but poor at the 2nd.

Dempster hopefully has the power to change this scenario, and if Allan went then we do much better with recruitment than before.

Stubbs does seem to have an eye for a player, with a bit more money maybe he'd be even better?

And remember we are in this division as a direct result of Petrie's decisions, i hope he keeps his nose right out of any of this, better still just bugger off and leave the club in the capable hands of LD.

Sir David Gray
23-06-2015, 07:38 AM
All depends on Scott Allan's frame of mind. If he's happy to stay with us for the next 12 months then there really is no decision to make as his presence next season in a Hibs shirt could be priceless in terms of whether or not we'll go up.

However if he wants a move and he suddenly becomes very unsettled then Hibs need to do what's best for the club. If his head is not in the right place then keeping him could do more damage to the club.

If the main choice is Sevco then we need to make it as difficult as possible for them to sign him. I would tell them the fee is nothing less than £1.5 million which would hopefully scare them off. Losing Scott Allan to them would be sickening.

Waxy
23-06-2015, 07:49 AM
If we have any ambition this season...we will not sell him to sevco at any price !Cant happen wont happen.Hibs are not daft.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2015, 08:03 AM
if celts get the striker they are after then griff could be surplus , I would be delighted if we got him for a year, it would ease the pain of losing Allan.

Leigh won't be playing for Hibs anytime soon, time to let it go.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Leigh won't be playing for Hibs anytime soon, time to let it go.

Leeds sniffing around with possibility of £3m offer, quite why some still believe he will come back anytime soon is beyond me?

percy veer
23-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Some people need a reality check on here, jibs can't afford to knock back 500,000 for a player with 1 year left when was the last time we got money for a player? Also 1.2 million get a grip and talk of Leigh coming back is verging on jambo talk

Andy74
23-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Some people need a reality check on here, jibs can't afford to knock back 500,000 for a player with 1 year left when was the last time we got money for a player? Also 1.2 million get a grip and talk of Leigh coming back is verging on jambo talk

If it's from Rangers we can't afford to accept 500k.

GreenArmy1875
23-06-2015, 09:36 AM
If Dempster or any fans representatives on the board are reading this thread. If we sell SA to Rankers you will lose all hibs fans respect and feel good factor surrounding our club will go. If he goes elsewhere for decent cash then so be it as other posters have said we will always be a selling club.

Also noticed SA posted on his Instagram a picture of him and Jason Cummings hugging on the pitch. The 13 year olds are going mental at the thought of both them leaving now! Jeeso

scoopyboy
23-06-2015, 10:06 AM
If Dempster or any fans representatives on the board are reading this thread. If we sell SA to Rankers you will lose all hibs fans respect and feel good factor surrounding our club will go. If he goes elsewhere for decent cash then so be it as other posters have said we will always be a selling club.

Also noticed SA posted on his Instagram a picture of him and Jason Cummings hugging on the pitch. The 13 year olds are going mental at the thought of both them leaving now! Jeeso

Speak for yourself and not all Hibs fans.

I will not lose respect for anything Hibs if this happens. I don't want it to happen and I don't think anyone on the Hibs board does either but sometimes things do and occasionally it is for the best.

Bad Martini
23-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Speak for yourself and not all Hibs fans.

I will not lose respect for anything Hibs if this happens. I don't want it to happen and I don't think anyone on the Hibs board does either but sometimes things do and occasionally it is for the best.

I will.

It's a kick in the balls and we would be shooting ourselves in both feet and the heid.

He is pivotal to our team. Yes, we would carry on without him but if he went to (any) of our direct rivals this season, this would definitely strengthen them AND weaken us....combined means, we'd be losing out big time.

So, sell to anyone else (if we HAVE to) - I think what's been lost here is we dont HAVE to sell anyone!
But, sell to the huns and expect a huge backlash. And rightly so. It says - **** it, have one of our best players and use him against us and we'll take the cash and not replace like for like and thus be weaker.

Not good football. Not good business. Just plain old not good at all.

That said, I would be very surprised if Dempster and co are so stupid so as to not know this themselves....:agree:

scoopyboy
23-06-2015, 11:31 AM
I will.

It's a kick in the balls and we would be shooting ourselves in both feet and the heid.

He is pivotal to our team. Yes, we would carry on without him but if he went to (any) of our direct rivals this season, this would definitely strengthen them AND weaken us....combined means, we'd be losing out big time.

So, sell to anyone else (if we HAVE to) - I think what's been lost here is we dont HAVE to sell anyone!
But, sell to the huns and expect a huge backlash. And rightly so. It says - **** it, have one of our best players and use him against us and we'll take the cash and not replace like for like and thus be weaker.

Not good football. Not good business. Just plain old not good at all.

That said, I would be very surprised if Dempster and co are so stupid so as to not know this themselves....:agree:

Your choice obviously if you lose respect or not and I have no issue with that, what my gripe was somebody claiming they were speaking for all Hibs fans when quite clearly they are not.

Regarding Scott going to Ibrox I don't want him to go there but if it happens we have to move on. What I would try to do is bleed Rangers for as much as possible and give AS all money raised from the sale.

I would rather we lost Scott Allan and got promoted than kept him and failed.

If we get a high price for him it would then curtail Rangers getting more quality players in but more importantly it would give AS more scope to make us even better.

If AS is given the choice and he decides to go with it then I'm fine with it too.

Hamish
23-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Exactly. There has been a lot on here about in Stubbs we trust. We have then to trust him to decide what is in the best interests of HFC as regards Scott.

Bad Martini
24-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Your choice obviously if you lose respect or not and I have no issue with that, what my gripe was somebody claiming they were speaking for all Hibs fans when quite clearly they are not.

Regarding Scott going to Ibrox I don't want him to go there but if it happens we have to move on. What I would try to do is bleed Rangers for as much as possible and give AS all money raised from the sale.

I would rather we lost Scott Allan and got promoted than kept him and failed.

If we get a high price for him it would then curtail Rangers getting more quality players in but more importantly it would give AS more scope to make us even better.

If AS is given the choice and he decides to go with it then I'm fine with it too.

Fair dues :aok:

My biggest gripe, is selling any of our players to rangers period. Even more so, when they are directly competiing with us for that first spot. Now, granted, they are still ***** :greengrin but still, we can sell Allan anywhere but rangers and NOT strengthen the huns.....he goes along the M8 and not only do we not have him, they do........if Stubs has better than Allan lined up for the same money, fair dues. And if so and it comes to be, fair dues.

No matter how you look at it though, any team with Scott Allan in it is better for him being there. Thus, even if we do strengthen with the money from him, if he went to rangers, so do they.....not good business mate.

scoopyboy
24-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Fair dues :aok:

My biggest gripe, is selling any of our players to rangers period. Even more so, when they are directly competiing with us for that first spot. Now, granted, they are still ***** :greengrin but still, we can sell Allan anywhere but rangers and NOT strengthen the huns.....he goes along the M8 and not only do we not have him, they do........if Stubs has better than Allan lined up for the same money, fair dues. And if so and it comes to be, fair dues.

No matter how you look at it though, any team with Scott Allan in it is better for him being there. Thus, even if we do strengthen with the money from him, if he went to rangers, so do they.....not good business mate.

I understand where you are coming from BM and thanks for a courteous reply.

I don't want Scott Allan to go anywhere, I especially don't want Scott Allan to go to Rangers. I do however believe if we sold him to Rangers it would not be the end of the world especially if we could get them to pay over the odds.

I would expect Hibs to give AS the money to strengthen the squad as he sees fit. I would also expect Hibs to leave the decision to sell in the hands of AS, ie if he chooses not to sell then Hibs respect that.

southsider
24-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I understand where you are coming from BM and thanks for a courteous reply.

I don't want Scott Allan to go anywhere, I especially don't want Scott Allan to go to Rangers. I do however believe if we sold him to Rangers it would not be the end of the world especially if we could get them to pay over the odds.

I would expect Hibs to give AS the money to strengthen the squad as he sees fit. I would also expect Hibs to leave the decision to sell in the hands of AS, ie if he chooses not to sell then Hibs respect that.
Colin Stein broke my heart when he went to them. Not again, I say.

scoopyboy
24-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Colin Stein broke my heart when he went to them. Not again, I say.

Me too.

I didn't suffer the same pain however with Craig Paterson, Kenny Miller or Kevin Thomson.

jingler1954
24-06-2015, 02:29 PM

Well said GGTTH

Chibs
24-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Me too.

I didn't suffer the same pain however with Craig Paterson, Kenny Miller or Kevin Thomson.

I remember Craig Paterson's first game at Easter Road after signing for the Huns.

" Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterston what's it like to be a Hun" being sung throughout the game.

Del Boy
24-06-2015, 03:42 PM
BBC reporting that Celtic and Huns have both made enquiries, no bids yet.

Don't think this will have a happy ending though.

monktonharp
24-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Don't think this will have a happy ending though.ah well ,bbc says......well that's that. where's Ramman Bargwash when you want a real insight as to what's happening/

Wilson
24-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Don't think this will have a happy ending though.

That would be an odd thing to request as a signing on bonus to be fair.

DH1875
25-06-2015, 08:08 AM
See that the asking price for Scott is £3 million :)
In today metro, says Stubbs prepared to lose midfielder for free rather than sell this summer. Then Stubbs goes on to say “ if someone wants to bid £3 million for Scott then its not a problem”.

Vini1875
25-06-2015, 08:15 AM
£3M would be great business. Clearly the huns don't have that, so £3M to anyone else would be fine by me. Can't see it myself, I think Stubbs is saying we do not want any bids.

jacomo
26-06-2015, 03:21 PM
See that the asking price for Scott is £3 million :)
In today metro, says Stubbs prepared to lose midfielder for free rather than sell this summer. Then Stubbs goes on to say “ if someone wants to bid £3 million for Scott then its not a problem”.

Just like the buy out clause in many Spanish contracts. We should formalise this.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Seems like every man and his dug is trying to sell allan for us...now the bbc has put up a video of allans assists...mainly against rangers of course

AlbertK86
26-06-2015, 03:37 PM
I remember Craig Paterson's first game at Easter Road after signing for the Huns. " Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterston what's it like to be a Hun" being sung throughout the game.

Yep it was relentless..... And hilarious

We certainly got our point over

Likewise when Goram left .... That did devastate me .... but when his poor punch went to Mickey to cross for Keef to score in the semi final he got a tremendous and elongated chant of

You should have stayed at the hibees

Great night

GGTTH

Onion
26-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Seems like every man and his dug is trying to sell allan for us...now the bbc has put up a video of allans assists...mainly against rangers of course

Just noticed that and agree, crass behaviour by the BBC. Sooner the BBC tax is dropped the better for everyone - public service my arse !

Spike Mandela
26-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Without any extension to his contract at Hibs we are going to suffer the media ratcheting up Allen move stories right up till the window closes. Hope we're not going to get the last day of window kick in the baws again.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Without any extension to his contract at Hibs we are going to suffer the media ratcheting up Allen move stories right up till the window closes. Hope we're not going to get the last day of window kick in the baws again.

No chance with our current regime................

KWJ
26-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Don't sell to Rangers unless it's a ridiculous sum, and up front!

Don't sell to anyone else unless it's a good bit over his value and we have plans for the cash.

Re-evaluate in January.

Or best yet - Sign him up on extension.

Worst thing would be to miss out on promotion and lose Allan to Rangers for free.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Lets be brutally honest here, SA is the best player in the league by an absolute mile, An ABSOLUTE mile..Sell him in this window and IMO we don't win the league, It really is that simple.

All the good work over the last year or so will be undone if the board decide to cash in, The bridges been built with supporters will well and truly have been smashed in if SA leaves.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Lets be brutally honest here, SA is the best player in the league by an absolute mile, An ABSOLUTE mile..Sell him in this window and IMO we don't win the league, It really is that simple.

All the good work over the last year or so will be undone if the board decide to cash in, The bridges been built with supporters will well and truly have been smashed in if SA leaves.

Nonsense, what if he was sold and we brought in 3 or 4 players? We didn't win the league with SA last Season......

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Nonsense, what if he was sold and we brought in 3 or 4 players? We didn't win the league with SA last Season......

Sold to whom ? Rangers ?

What if he was sold and what if we didn't bring in 3 or 4 players ? Or what if we did and they were all mediocre ? What if eh ?..

I personally wouldn't be selling him for any amount as the guy is absolute pivotal in us getting out this pishy little league, If we harbour any aspirations off winning the league then we have to keep SA imo.

We didn't win the league as we didn't have 11 SA in the team.

KWJ
26-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Obviously I didn't see him play 90 mins every week in the flesh but he seems to be getting a little overrated in my book.

It looked to me like the way we relied on him last season almost stifled some of the other midfielders. Hibs would move on and hopefully with a decent player or three in return.

It's important that it's not to Rangers and best case would be he signs on.

******g hate losing players to OF on bosmans ala Murray/Caldwell or for nominal fees ala Riordan & Agathe.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Sold to whom ? Rangers ?

What if he was sold and what if we didn't bring in 3 or 4 players ? Or what if we did and they were all mediocre ? What if eh ?..

I personally wouldn't be selling him for any amount as the guy is absolute pivotal in us getting out this pishy little league, If we harbour any aspirations off winning the league then we have to keep SA imo.

We didn't win the league as we didn't have 11 SA in the team.

Can you really see us selling him to Derhun, I can't.....SA is a great player, but he is not Hibernian F.C. .......We never got out this "pishy little league", even with SA in our ranks..... 11 SA in the team, really, even in goals?:cb

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Can you really see us selling him to Derhun, I can't.....SA is a great player, but he is not Hibernian F.C. .......We never got out this "pishy little league", even with SA in our ranks..... 11 SA in the team, really, even in goals?:cb

If we want to get out this 'pishy little league ' We will have a far better chance with SA in the team for sure, He wasn't voted best player in the league for bugger all.

We will have a better chance with SA in the team to get out this league that's for sure..He still has one more year left under contract with us, I wouldn't be letting him go anywhere soon.

And believe me if der hun put in the right price Allan will be offski, if you beg to differ then your more deluded than i thought.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:29 PM
If we want to get out this 'pishy little league ' We will have a far better chance with SA in the team for sure, He wasn't voted best player in the league for bugger all.

We will have a better chance with SA in the team to get out this league that's for sure..He still has one more year left under contract with us, I wouldn't be letting him go anywhere soon.

And believe me if der hun put in the right price Allan will be offski, if you beg to differ then your more deluded than i thought.

More pish from you. You know LD would sell do you?

And dinnae pretend you talk for all supporters, "all bridges built, will be smashed"....Laughable....

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:35 PM
More pish from you. You know LD would sell do you?

And dinnae pretend you talk for all supporters, "all bridges built, will be smashed"....Laughable....

Do you know LD wouldn't ? Are you seriously of the opinion Hibs wouldn't sell if the right price came along ? Your the laughable one believe me.

I'm a massive SA fan as you will probably have noticed by my posts but let's not kid on if we sold SA our title chances would be considerably lesser.

Pretend i talk for all supporters ? Are you seriously for real ? I mean coming from you ? :hilarious ...Jog on.

KWJ
26-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Well, if it's the right price for Hibs to sell to Rangers then it's the right price. I'd estimate that to be rather high, out of their budget and way overpriced.

He won't be overpriced when he goes for free next summer mind. Can they sign him on a bosman in January when we're in the same league? Thought there was something about not being able to sign bosmans from same league, or is that just in England?

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Do you know LD wouldn't ? Are you seriously of the opinion Hibs wouldn't sell if the right price came along ? Your the laughable one believe me.

I'm a massive SA fan as you will probably have noticed by my posts but let's not kid on if we sold SA our title chances would be considerably lesser.

Pretend i talk for all supporters ? Are you seriously for real ? I mean coming from you ? :hilarious ...Jog on.

Whatever.............I always caveat my stuff with IMO......

Explain to me why you think I am laughable, is it because i can see the bigger picture?

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Well, if it's the right price for Hibs to sell to Rangers then it's the right price. I'd estimate that to be rather high, out of their budget and way overpriced.

He won't be overpriced when he goes for free next summer mind. Can they sign him on a bosman in January when we're in the same league? Thought there was something about not being able to sign bosmans from same league, or is that just in England?

We WILL NOT sell to Rangers.........................

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:42 PM
We WILL NOT sell to Rangers.........................

Has LD told you this is 100% like ?

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Has LD told you this is 100% like ?

And you expect me to tell you, hahaha

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Whatever.............I always caveat my stuff with IMO......

Explain to me why you think I am laughable, is it because i can see the bigger picture?

If your deluded enough to think Hibs wouldn't sell SA to Sevco if the price wasn't right...He is going nowhere but let's no be foolish to accept if they put in a massive bid he wouldn't be going West.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:46 PM

And you expect me to believe she possibly has ? Oh dear.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:47 PM
If your deluded enough to think Hibs wouldn't sell SA to Sevco if the price wasn't right...He is going nowhere but let's no be foolish to accept if they put in a massive bid he wouldn't be going West.

We will not sell to our rivals, simple. However, I am not saying he won't be sold elsewhere, that is entirely different, but to Derhun, more chance of hell freezing over.....

If in the 0.0000001% of selling SA to derhun, I will walk to Ibrox in the nude, with a rose bush up my bum.....

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:48 PM
And you expect me to believe she possibly has ? Oh dear.

Not expecting you to believe she has or hasn't, that is your prerogative...........

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Not expecting you to believe she has or hasn't, that is your perogative...........

I couldn't care less, That is your prerogative.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 05:52 PM
I couldn't care less, That is your prerogative.

Good, pleased for you.....

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Good, pleased for you.....

:aok:

AlbertK86
26-06-2015, 06:18 PM

We didn't have him from the off last season and it took a while to get him fit and a gelled squad

Far better position this year

Waxy
26-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Only way we'd sell SA to the huns is if they gave us enough to buy a better player than SA.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2015, 07:53 PM

I'd agree with that only if we did not replace him or replaced him with worse. If we did sell him, then we'd get decent money.

Its how that money was used thats the 6 million dollar question?

And NONE of us know the answer to that.

scoopyboy
26-06-2015, 08:01 PM
We will not sell to our rivals, simple. However, I am not saying he won't be sold elsewhere, that is entirely different, but to Derhun, more chance of hell freezing over.....

If in the 0.0000001% of selling SA to derhun, I will walk to Ibrox in the nude, with a rose bush up my bum.....

If it happens mate I reckon we could raise a few quid by sponsoring you to do that.

We could split it 50/50 between East Lothian Hibs / Carlton or alternatively buy shares in the club.

Any fine incurred by yourself would of course be deducted from the total, prior to split. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 08:16 PM
If it happens mate I reckon we could raise a few quid by sponsoring you to do that.

We could split it 50/50 between East Lothian Hibs / Carlton or alternatively buy shares in the club.

Any fine incurred by yourself would of course be deducted from the total, prior to split. :greengrin

Sounds like a plan J......:greengrin

Billy Whizz
26-06-2015, 08:18 PM

I'll sponsor him

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2015, 08:21 PM
I'll sponsor him

You are carrying my water:aok: