PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From...

Keith_M
20-06-2015, 06:13 PM
As many if us will now be going on our Holidays, I thought we could have a thread for sending back greetings to our fellow Hibbies.

So, where are you all going? Add a wee post below, maybe even a photo or two

:aok:

I'll get us started....

Greetings From Immenstaad on Lake Constance (Bodensee). Weather mixed but enjoying being away just the same. So far visited the Zeppelin and Dornier Flight Museums in Friedrichshafen and been on the ferry to Konstanz.

GGTTH

Stranraer
20-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Sunny Sandhead. Greetings :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2015, 06:45 PM
All inclusive in tenerife for a fortnight. Just like the last 3 years.Normally head for the hills instead of the beach but the all inclusive option with entertainment for mini-me makes for an easy time and hassle free.

Also having an extended camping/canoeing weekend on the Mecklenburgischen Lake District in a few weeks with the boy and some mates.

Skiing in the French Savoy is also on the cards in February. Normally hire a chalet but might opt for an all inclusive hotel, again because of the wee man.

Coming back to Edinburgh probably doesn't count as a holiday but it always feels like it and I try and fit that in 3-4 times a year.

I only work part time so I do have the odd extended weekend on the Med in winter just to keep the cold out of my old bones.

Having read through that again, mibbes I should spend more time at home for a real holiday :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2015, 06:45 PM
As many if us will now be going on our Holidays, I thought we could have a thread for sending back greetings to our fellow Hibbies.

So, where are you all going? Add a wee post below, maybe even a photo or two

:aok:

I'll get us started....

Greetings From Immenstaad on Lake Constance (Bodensee). Weather mixed but enjoying being away just the same. So far visited the Zeppelin and Dornier Flight Museums in Friedrichshafen and been on the ferry to Konstanz.

GGTTH

Nice but pricy?

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Sunny Sandhead. Greetings :greengrin

Looks nice mate.

HiBremian
20-06-2015, 06:53 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/e03776d594a9aa65e78407e6313ad0ff.jpg

Our bolthole in the south of France. These dark clouds brought thunderstorms that knocked out the internet for over a week but, hey, that's rural France. Strictly speaking not just a holiday - I do a lot of my editing here - but magic all the same. Could be a great base for the Euros next year too ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2015, 07:05 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/e03776d594a9aa65e78407e6313ad0ff.jpg

Our bolthole in the south of France. These dark clouds brought thunderstorms that knocked out the internet for over a week but, hey, that's rural France. Strictly speaking not just a holiday - I do a lot of my editing here - but magic all the same. Could be a great base for the Euros next year too ;-)

You lucky man Richard. Good food, decent wine and clement weather. I'm sure your companionship is top notch too :wink:

Our bolthole is on hold due to a recent battering of the bank account.

HiBremian
20-06-2015, 07:08 PM
You lucky man Richard. Good food, decent wine and clement weather. I'm sure your companionship is top notch too :wink:

Our bolthole is on hold due to a recent battering of the bank account.

Not just decent wine but decent organic wine from lots of wee producers all around us :-) You and yours always welcome here if you fancy a break that won't batter the bank account, Paul! Just need to coordinate dates when we're here.

steakbake
20-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Goleniow in Western Poland - currently being stuffed full of food (breakfast had three courses) and being treated like royalty by my girlfriend's family. No-one has heard of Zibby Malkowski.

lord bunberry
21-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Greetings from Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. It's going to be 29C today.

Keith_M
21-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Nice but pricy?

Actually, we got a really good late booking in a Chalet in Immenstaad (http://www.ferienwohnpark-immenstaad.de/). There's no way we could have afforded to stay in either Fiedrichshafen or Konstanz, as they wanted crazy money.

As you have mini-me, this place would be ideal, as it really centres around keeping kids entertained.

Wee Chalet, with room for the brat.... ehm, I mean Paul Junior ;-)

Keith_M
21-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Goleniow in Western Poland - currently being stuffed full of food (breakfast had three courses) and being treated like royalty by my girlfriend's family. No-one has heard of Zibby Malkowski.

Uneducated peasants!

:wink:

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Actually, we got a really good late booking in a Chalet in Immenstaad (http://www.ferienwohnpark-immenstaad.de/). There's no way we could have afforded to stay in either Fiedrichshafen or Konstanz, as they wanted crazy money.

As you have mini-me, this place would be ideal, as it really centres around keeping kids entertained.

Wee Chalet, with room for the brat.... ehm, I mean Paul Junior ;-)

That looks really nice Keith, peace and tranquillity with a wee bit of hiking and culture thrown in for good measure is the perfect holiday. Before mini-me came along we used to rent a wee chalet on a Norwegian fjord with boat every year. I grew to love Norway during my time in the army and was seriously considering moving there. That sort of thing is only an option again when the boy is old enough to amuse himself.

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Greetings from Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. It's going to be 29C today.

Nice, 5 weeks and I'll be across the water from there. Enjoy!

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Not just decent wine but decent organic wine from lots of wee producers all around us :-) You and yours always welcome here if you fancy a break that won't batter the bank account, Paul! Just need to coordinate dates when we're here.

Don't be surprised if we do! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
21-06-2015, 09:36 AM

Love Polish scran!

Stranraer
21-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Looks nice mate.

Thank you, that's me in front of my Garlic bed. I probably have enough to supply everyone on Hibs.net!

lord bunberry
21-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Nice, 5 weeks and I'll be across the water from there. Enjoy!

I've never been to Tenerife, I can't ever seem to find a flight that suits us. I've been coming to this hotel for 4 years now and its nice when you arrive and people remember us(and give us a free room upgrade)

lyonhibs
24-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Greetings fromy the sunny shores of Lake Zürich. My big holiday of the year is done , 2 weeks in Colombia back in May.

McD
24-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Not away just yet, the wife and I are off to Holland in September along with my folks, first time away in 2 years, can't wait :greengrin

lord bunberry
24-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Last night was midsummer night here and they had a mini festival to celebrate, it was great they had all sorts of traditional food and drink that I've never tried before including some drink that was hot and made from the leftover from wine production, I've never tasted anything like it, but I couldn't stop drinking it.

sleeping giant
02-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Ola from Lanzarote . Absolutely loving it here.

SON OF PADDY
02-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Only been back for a week !!
How I miss Sunny Turkey.
Roll on September......

stoneyburn hibs
03-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Up at this bloody time for my flight back home, 2 weeks flew in.

I'm_cabbaged
06-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Ola from Lanzarote . Absolutely loving it here.

Where in lanzarote? In Puerto del carmen just now, boiling today 😀

Sir David Gray
06-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Just back yesterday after two weeks in Vilamoura.

Beautiful weather, at least 30 degrees every day and a couple of days even saw the temperatures in the high 30s.

Back for five minutes at Edinburgh airport yesterday afternoon and it was chucking it down. :rolleyes:

Back to reality today and working at 9am this morning. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
07-07-2015, 08:15 PM

Fae Zante Greece!

sleeping giant
07-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Where in lanzarote? In Puerto del carmen just now, boiling today 😀

We are in Costa Teguise. Absolutely love it here. Massive waves and perfect beaches.
Roasting today indeed .
1.5 Euros for a pint of San Migel at our pool bar:-)

I'm_cabbaged
08-07-2015, 06:18 PM
We are in Costa Teguise. Absolutely love it here. Massive waves and perfect beaches.
Roasting today indeed .
1.5 Euros for a pint of San Migel at our pool bar:-)

Yesterday was ***** roasting here, no breeze at all. Combined with not getting in until 5am after drinking ridiculously strong cocktails and no air con made it a brutal day 😀

sleeping giant
08-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Yesterday was ***** roasting here, no breeze at all. Combined with not getting in until 5am after drinking ridiculously strong cocktails and no air con made it a brutal day 😀

My wife and I were like that on Monday.
We had a trip to the volcanoes booked and it was roasting with no air .
The day before we had been having a few beers round the pool with another family then hit the sangria in the evening . I was hanging all day.
Only had a half pint since then :greengrin:
That was our only blow out. I can't even remember getting in and I woke up in my sons apartment thinking everyone had left me as it was empty.
Never again :greengrin:

Edit : went Scuba diving with the bairns today. Can't recommend it enough.

I'm_cabbaged
09-07-2015, 10:19 AM
My wife and I were like that on Monday.
We had a trip to the volcanoes booked and it was roasting with no air .
The day before we had been having a few beers round the pool with another family then hit the sangria in the evening . I was hanging all day.
Only had a half pint since then :greengrin:
That was our only blow out. I can't even remember getting in and I woke up in my sons apartment thinking everyone had left me as it was empty.
Never again :greengrin:

Edit : went Scuba diving with the bairns today. Can't recommend it enough.

Groundhog day again.... Same company, same bar, different mixtures of alcohol. Quick dip in the pool and a pint me thinks 😀

The Pointer
02-08-2015, 02:43 PM
No beach hols this year but going to Armenia and Georgia for the two weeks before the Scotland game on 4th September.

I'm told it should be roasting which will be a shock to the system with the 'summer' we're having and will have a bearing on the amount of stuff I take. B*ggered if I'm wearing a kilt for two weeks so will have to cart it about in my rucksack.

Hoping to do a bit of trekking in northern Georgia and maybe pay a visit to the wine making area in the south east of the country if the time works out, then back to Tbilisi for a couple of days before the game.

Going via Yerevan in Armenia (where St Johnstone played) rather than Tbilisi because by the time I got round to booking flights it was too expensive, but travel between the capitals is regular and straightforward. Both get a good right up and are fairly happening places with plenty to see and do. And currently no neighbourly aggression so let's keep it that way Vlad.

Return on the Sunday after the game then back up to the Weege on the Monday night for the Germany game.

I leave the country the day before we play the Huns so shall be keeping up to date via this esteemed website.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Greetings from Fuertaventura. The youngest is fast asleep after 6 hours playing with her new pals at the pool. Since it's only €11.75 for a litre of Smirnoff vodka, an evening sitting out on my terrace with said vodka lies ahead.

DaveF
03-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Greetings from Fuertaventura. The youngest is fast asleep after 6 hours playing with her new pals at the pool. Since it's only €11.75 for a litre of Smirnoff vodka, an evening sitting out on my terrace with said vodka lies ahead.

Bleedin' jakey's - the pair of you. Not at all jealous :rolleyes:

See you when Morton arrive.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Bleedin' jakey's - the pair of you. Not at all jealous :rolleyes:

See you when Morton arrive.

Ha,ha. You know us, not ones for letting a good deal on vodka pass us by, plus it's hot so we need to keep drinking fluids!!

See you at the Morton game for a bevvy.

Hibrandenburg
03-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Greeting from tenerife. Kid's exhausted and on the brink of sleep coma, wife's in bed with her book and I'm on the terrace with a cold one and a wee Lagavulin. Happy days, spent the day at the side of the pool and feeling surprisingly slim.

Berwickhibby
03-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Me in Washington DC last month and off to Las Vegas tomorrow ........ Admin why am I unable to attach a pic

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Carheenlea
04-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Greetings from Galway. Arrived on Saturday buoyed by result from Easter Road, and had a day at Galway Races on Sunday where the tactic of selecting horses on a Hibernian theme yielded little return. Golf at Athenry yesterday followed by watching Galway United beat league champs Dundalk in the semi finals of the Cup. 0-0 after 120 minutes then Galway won 4-2 on penaltys to spark a ouch invasion and wild celebration. Was sat just along from President Michael D Higgins, an avid Galway fan, but I don't think he invaded the park. Here for another week and a half and back in time for Morton. Hope weather improves.

Sylar
10-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Didn't think I'd be able to contribute to this thread this year but finally a cheeky wee holiday booked for December.

Fly into Seattle and spend 3 days there before driving down to Portland for a night (via the Olympic Peninsula), down to the Redwoods/Pacific Coast for a couple of nights and then on to San Francisco for a week (though, granted, I'll be at a conference during that week!).

Sir David Gray
12-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Greetings from Paphos, Cyprus.

Currently 29 degrees and it's not even midday yet! 😎

Stunning weather.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Greetings from Paphos, Cyprus.

Currently 29 degrees and it's not even midday yet! 😎

Stunning weather.

I stayed there when Scotland played Cyprus a few years ago, loved it!

Sir David Gray
12-10-2015, 09:14 AM
I stayed there when Scotland played Cyprus a few years ago, loved it!

I was here last October as well, which was my first time in Cyprus, and it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week.

Arrived yesterday evening and it's been more of the same so far. The forecast up until I leave on Sunday is looking promising.

Like you, I highly recommend Paphos to anyone who is looking to get away somewhere in October for a bit of sun before the winter sets in back home.

What time of year were you here?

Jack
12-10-2015, 09:26 AM
... Marmaris.

After almost 2 weeks of wonderful weather the clouds are dark, the rain is chucking it down and there's thunder and lightning forecast for this evening.

Perfect timing to be forced to repack that bumming suitcase!

Never missed a Hibs home match - BONUS!

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2015, 10:18 AM
I was here last October as well, which was my first time in Cyprus, and it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week.

Arrived yesterday evening and it's been more of the same so far. The forecast up until I leave on Sunday is looking promising.

Like you, I highly recommend Paphos to anyone who is looking to get away somewhere in October for a bit of sun before the winter sets in back home.

What time of year were you here?

Mid Nov 2011, the weather was fantastic then too. I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea but, we stayed opposite a boozer called The Rose (https://www.facebook.com/Therosepubcyprus) (English pub), the folk that run the place couldnae do enough for us, I would recommend it.

Sir David Gray
12-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Mid Nov 2011, the weather was fantastic then too. I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea but, we stayed opposite a boozer called The Rose (https://www.facebook.com/Therosepubcyprus) (English pub), the folk that run the place couldnae do enough for us, I would recommend it.

I'll look out for it, cheers.

I've just looked it up on Google Maps and it's probably about a mile away from our hotel so might be worth popping along later in the week.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I'll look out for it, cheers.

I've just looked it up on Google Maps and it's probably about a mile away from our hotel so might be worth popping along later in the week.

I'm not a big fan of going abroad to sit in Brit/Irish pubs but, I was happy to make an exception in this case.

Sir David Gray
12-10-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of going abroad to sit in Brit/Irish pubs but, I was happy to make an exception in this case.

Yeah me neither usually but I'll try to find time to go along and try it out.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Managed to find the pub, it's about 30 minutes from our hotel but it didn't appear to have any wheelchair access which is a pity.

snooky
16-10-2015, 06:31 PM
How long before we see this posted ....

"Greetings from your hoose" - The Burglars

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Managed to find the pub, it's about 30 minutes from our hotel but it didn't appear to have any wheelchair access which is a pity.

That's a pity, sorry about that.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2015, 09:28 AM
That's a pity, sorry about that.

No bother, worth a shout!

I'll console myself at the hotel pool bar while sipping on a large Keo! :greengrin