PDA

View Full Version : Graham Spiers BBC Scotland

Lago
20-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Just listened to Spiers along with Annie McGuire discussing rangers and Warburton etc. Nearly choked when started discussing the new ( I paraphrase ) humble rangers, who realise how they must rebuild their club to represent (I paraphrase ) the values expected of them. I fully expected him to say they have repented of their sins and should be forgiven for past mis demeanours.

Keith_M
20-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Just listened to Spiers along with Annie McGuire discussing rangers and Warburton etc. Nearly choked when started discussing the new ( I paraphrase ) humble rangers, who realise how they must rebuild their club to represent (I paraphrase ) the values expected of them. I fully expected him to say they have repented of their sins and should be forgiven for past mis demeanours.

Did they say how many Hail Marys they had to perform?

Lago
20-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Did they say how many Hail Marys they had to perform?
:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2015, 05:46 PM
she also said hibs play host to Dumbarton on opening day, i hope the ER catering staff are aware of this

givescotlandfreedom
20-06-2015, 05:52 PM
I've not listened to any of that for a couple of years since the Hibs bashing really got started. Total rubbish.

Ozyhibby
20-06-2015, 06:26 PM
I've not listened to any of that for a couple of years since the Hibs bashing really got started. Total rubbish.

To be fair, we needed a bashing

3pm
20-06-2015, 06:33 PM

Should get yerself a job! 😄

emerald green
20-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Did the discussion specify what the "values" expected of them actually are?

Lago
20-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Did the discussion specify what the "values" expected of them actually are?
I was so annoyed I switched it off, just sounded like arse licking central.

Baader
21-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Just what youd expect from a Son of The Manse - Rangers obsessed. Spiers can't talk or write about much else. Ignored him ever since his Dick Advocaat love in that was seemingly a weekly event on Scotsport. Certainly no McIllvanney as he'd probably want us to believe...

jacomo
21-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Humility? Dave King? Not sure he knows the meaning of the word.

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Agree. Add the amateur nature of it and the cronyism. Forth2 coverage of Hibs is better!

givescotlandfreedom
22-06-2015, 02:21 PM

Where was the bashing of Hearts for their large scale theft or Aberdeen for being consistently garbage for years? This was long before even Butcher came in.

jdships
22-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Know a few sports "Journo's" and haven't met one who has a good word for Spiers
Seems to find it impossible to be objective either when interviwed or in his articles
Many think he is " yesterdays" man !!
:na na:

heretoday
22-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Spiers is a son of the manse from Morningside - Baptist I believe. Also a son of Struth it would appear.

Hibernia&Alba
23-06-2015, 10:47 AM
To be fair, Speirs has always got stuck into the Huns for their bigotry, in a way most journalists have not. The Rangers support hate him for it.

JimBHibees
23-06-2015, 02:42 PM
To be fair, Speirs has always got stuck into the Huns for their bigotry, in a way most journalists have not. The Rangers support hate him for it.

Agree with that.

ancient hibee
24-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Speirs has never hidden the fact that he's a Rangers supporter-unlike so many other "Partick and Saints"supporters.

JimBHibees
24-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Speirs has never hidden the fact that he's a Rangers supporter-unlike so many other "Partick and Saints"supporters.

Or Airdrie in fat Traynors case. :rolleyes: