PDA

View Full Version : hibs fathers day meal

Hibee87
20-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Has anyone knowingly going to the 1875 restaurant for a fathers day meal tomorrow? . My mrs got me it for fathers day and was meant to get an email wirh times a details etc, but never got one. Was looking fir a contact or somthing if any one knows one?

Albanian Hibs
20-06-2015, 04:38 PM
This is who I organised it with and it starts at 12.30pm..

Lauren Platt

Sales Manager Conference & Events

Azure Support Services at Hibernian Football Club

Easter Road Stadium, Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG

Tel: 0131 656 7075

Fax: 0131 652 2047

Email: catering@hibernianfc.co.uk

Hibee87
20-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks pal, much appreciated

FranckSuzy
20-06-2015, 05:34 PM
I sent an email on the 6th of June, to the address given on the fishy website, and got an out of office reply, saying the person wouldn't be back till April 2015 but would reply on their return. They must have meant 2016 as I still haven't heard anything.....:greengrin

Needless to say, we've arranged to go somewhere else now.

monktonharp
20-06-2015, 10:45 PM
None of this looks quite right.a couple of posters giving different times, waiting on further info, and the worst being Suzy ,waiting for a deal to be clinched for a meal next year? :wink: seems a bit poor. glad I am not invited:na na:

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2015, 09:28 AM
I've been bought tickets and itinerary is;

Arrive at West Stand 14:25
Be seated in 1875/Edinburgh Suite 14:30
Take self guided tour of stadium16:00

Thats a bit late for lunch?

CockneyRebel
21-06-2015, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=gloryhunter;4400034]I've been bought tickets and itinerary is;

Arrive at West Stand 14:25
Be seated in 1875/Edinburgh Suite 14:30
Take self guided tour of stadium16:00

It may be that the sittings are staggered to accommodate all diners. There may be diners before and after me - all I have stated above is what I was emailed which may be the itinerary just for my sitting.

No idea if when there are any earlier sittings but I would think that's likely./QUOTE]

Leith Green
21-06-2015, 12:58 PM
This is/was a bit of a farce...

stood in reception for 20 minutes before being allowed upstairs, then waited 30 minutes at my table before getting a menu and to order drinks, then we wait on drinks, and none come by the time the food comes... I had to remind them about my drinks , which i then had to re-order.. They then went on to bring my main out when everyone was still eating their starters. I then waited 10 minutes on the rest getting their mains.. Really really poor, pretty amateur actually. And the boy at the next table looks pissed off too.

If you are gonna do something like this and charge what id imagine would be quite expensive then the least you can do is provide a half decent experience... Not sure if Hibs use an outside company or their own staff but this is a joke, my wife is raging..

Leith Green
21-06-2015, 01:00 PM

stood in reception for 20 minutes before being allowed upstairs, then waited 30 minutes at my table before getting a menu and to order drinks, then we wait on drinks, and none come by the time the food comes... I had to remind them about my drinks , which i then had to re-order.. They then went on to bring my main out when everyone was still eating their starters. I then waited 10 minutes on the rest getting their mains.. Really really poor, pretty amateur actually. And the boy at the next table looks pissed off too.

If you are gonna do something like this and charge what id imagine would be quite expensive then the least you can do is provide a half decent experience... Not sure if Hibs use an outside company or their own staff but this is a joke, my wife is raging..

And id just like to add, it aint even that busy!

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 01:32 PM
And id just like to add, it aint even that busy!
I'm here just now as well. Have to agree it's 1 of the most unorganised meals I've ever been at.

PathheadHibby
21-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Yes I agree also. Very poor service and food average at best. Tour etc was great but will be completing feedback form..... Expect much better and not Hibs class

Andy74
21-06-2015, 03:54 PM

Very similar last time I was there for the Sunday roasts they used to do. No one had any idea what they were doing.

Salisbury Hibby
21-06-2015, 04:03 PM
I must say the experience I had in the 1875 restaurant on a matchday was terrific. Disappointing that consistency seems to be a problem.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Still Azuredoing the catering I believe?Not surprised at the level of food or service at all.

kaimendhibs
21-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear all of this. Hope you complain and Hibs do something for you.

CockneyRebel
21-06-2015, 06:02 PM

Went with son and wife (son's treat) and had much the same experience. Very disorganised and as the meal finished well late (after 4) our tour was cut to about 10/15 minutes so we only got to see the changing room and a then walk up the tunnel. Food fair (bit pub grubbish but around £20 a skull) but service all over the place. I feel they tried to cater for too many folk and the last sitting suffered for it. Almost forgot, we all got a Hibs keyring = wow.

CockneyRebel
21-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Still Azuredoing the catering I believe?Not surprised at the level of food or service at all.

No - can't remember the name , something like Oriel?

BroxburnHibee
21-06-2015, 06:16 PM

:agree:

Leith Green
21-06-2015, 06:18 PM
I dont want to be personal but the lassie serving our tables didnt have a clue... They left plates and bowls for the starters on the table as we had our mains served, they then cleared them during our main meals... I am honestly one of the least fussy with food and eating out.. Complete shambles is the only way to describe it..

as i said to my missus, god knows how many potential hospitality customers they have managed to chase away.. Doesnt matter what you are selling, you have to get the basics right

Twiglet
21-06-2015, 06:19 PM
It is azure.
Get in touch with hibs and tell them your experiences. They need feedback about these kinds of events.

oconnors_strip
21-06-2015, 06:43 PM
From the descriptions it does t sound like the usual azure company who do all the inside and outside events at the stadium. I know Leeann dempster is not renewing their contract and bringing it all in house

we are hibs
21-06-2015, 08:25 PM
From the descriptions it does t sound like the usual azure company who do all the inside and outside events at the stadium. I know Leeann dempster is not renewing their contract and bringing it all in house

When does their contract run out?

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Did every Dad get the same gift? I got a keyring when I went to pay the bar bill.

oconnors_strip
21-06-2015, 09:15 PM
When does their contract run out?

Not sure, I remember it being talked about at a working together meeting. Think might be summer 2016.

overdrive
21-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Not sure, I remember it being talked about at a working together meeting. Think might be summer 2016.
May be a case of them doing the absolute contractual minimum if they know they are to lose the contract

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Sounds like I made the right decision to cancel it.

GreenCastle
21-06-2015, 10:47 PM
I really hope Hibs sort the catering inside the stadium next season - too long it's been crap food, slow service and very expensive ! Don't get me started on those £4 hot dogs !

Rumours were LD was to improve it - I really hope they have as it will vastly improve match day experience.

PatHead
21-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Please anyone who had a bad experience let Hibs know by email. The more ammunition to improve things the better.

Sorry to hear it wasn't great.

mca
21-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Food fair (bit pub grubbish but around £20 a skull) but service all over the place. I feel they tried to cater for too many folk and the last sitting suffered for it. Almost forgot, we all got a Hibs keyring = wow.

A Key-Ring.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

monktonharp
21-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Please anyone who had a bad experience let Hibs know by email. The more ammunition to improve things the better.

Sorry to hear it wasn't great. sorry, but to wait on much more emails from disgruntled fans, or customers about a poor service is just not good enough. were there no Hibs officials in attendance to watch what's going on? It really looks very poor, from some of the situations witnessed today. we had quite a good service on the day of the Hibs v Arbroath game last season, but I'd expect that every time and the place was full.

JimBHibees
22-06-2015, 08:29 AM
May be a case of them doing the absolute contractual minimum if they know they are to lose the contract

More than likely.

Kojock
22-06-2015, 08:44 AM

If thats the case then the more people who complain surely means that Hibs would be able to cancel the contract early.

PatHead
22-06-2015, 10:10 AM
sorry, but to wait on much more emails from disgruntled fans, or customers about a poor service is just not good enough. were there no Hibs officials in attendance to watch what's going on? It really looks very poor, from some of the situations witnessed today. we had quite a good service on the day of the Hibs v Arbroath game last season, but I'd expect that every time and the place was full.

Personally I have never had a problem in the 1875. The pie stands are a different matter altogether though and the prices and quality of food is bowf. The only thing I ever take is a cup of tea and I grudge that but on some cold days you need something.

I know Leeann takes a personal interest in the catering contract and she sorted things out at Motherwell. Sure she will do it hear as well. However the more complaints = the more strings to her bow if she wants to break the contract. If they are not providing a satisfactory service it would help her cause.

overdrive
22-06-2015, 11:25 AM
If thats the case then the more people who complain surely means that Hibs would be able to cancel the contract early.

Depends on the minimum standards of service included in the contract.

offshorehibby
22-06-2015, 12:18 PM
As a couple of posters have said above unless people let LD know of their complaints nothing's going to happen.

tamig
22-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Personally I have never had a problem in the 1875. The pie stands are a different matter altogether though and the prices and quality of food is bowf. The only thing I ever take is a cup of tea and I grudge that but on some cold days you need something.

I know Leeann takes a personal interest in the catering contract and she sorted things out at Motherwell. Sure she will do it hear as well. However the more complaints = the more strings to her bow if she wants to break the contract. If they are not providing a satisfactory service it would help her cause.
Aye, £2.20 for a cup of tea - sometimes not even that hot - is a scandal.

ben johnson
22-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Never ever buy anything on match day as it takes too long. If you look at the hold ups when being served its the money being taken and the change being given back thats the big holdup. I think a package on offer say pie/ pizza and a hot / cold drink payed for with a pre charged card would speed things along. I still have a card with credit on it from the Amsterdam Arena as that was the only way you could purchase beer etc. It takes seconds and you can charge it before the game at a booth and all it takes is a hand scanner. When we play Ajax i wont have any problem buying vittles.

CallumLaidlaw
22-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Never ever buy anything on match day as it takes too long. If you look at the hold ups when being served its the money being taken and the change being given back thats the big holdup. I think a package on offer say pie/ pizza and a hot / cold drink payed for with a pre charged card would speed things along. I still have a card with credit on it from the Amsterdam Arena as that was the only way you could purchase beer etc. It takes seconds and you can charge it before the game at a booth and all it takes is a hand scanner. When we play Ajax i wont have any problem buying vittles.

Nah, my holdup has always been the kids serving wandering around after theyve taken your order, looking for what they need to give you.

ben johnson
22-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Nah, my holdup has always been the kids serving wandering around after theyve taken your order, looking for what they need to give you.

Yes that can be a problem as well but they would shift far more volume if they sold a package with the food / drink in a box prepared akin to an assembly line. Or employ a catering company who know how to do volume in a window of say 20 minutes. I took my daughter years ago and missed a good 30 minutes wandering about the West Stand looking for pizza. Something has to change as we need as many people having a positive day at ER as we can muster. You cant say no to a hungry child so selling a kids meal in a box and just paying with a swipe of a card can only generate sales. Dont know the profit margins involved are but giving the customer a positive experience, catering wise, on a day out seems to be low on the Clubs priorities

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Yes that can be a problem as well but they would shift far more volume if they sold a package with the food / drink in a box prepared akin to an assembly line. Or employ a catering company who know how to do volume in a window of say 20 minutes. I took my daughter years ago and missed a good 30 minutes wandering about the West Stand looking for pizza. Something has to change as we need as many people having a positive day at ER as we can muster. You cant say no to a hungry child so selling a kids meal in a box and just paying with a swipe of a card can only generate sales. Dont know the profit margins involved are but giving the customer a positive experience, catering wise, on a day out seems to be low on the Clubs priorities

I hope it is low on their priorities, would much prefer football wise was top of the list. FFS people moaning about food at a football match.

pacorosssco
22-06-2015, 06:00 PM

The cards are handy but its expensive arenA too and can have big queuesvon addition to awful service .

eastterrace
22-06-2015, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=ben johnson;4401078]Never ever buy anything on match day as it takes too long. If you look at the hold ups when being served its the money being taken and the change being given back thats the big holdup. I think a package on offer say pie/ pizza and a hot / cold drink payed for with a pre charged card would speed things along. I still have a card with credit on it from the Amsterdam Arena as that was the only way you could purchase beer etc. It takes seconds and you can charge it before the game at a booth and all it takes is a hand scanner. When we play Ajax i wont have any problem buying vittles.[/QUOTE

the card will be withered away by the time we play ajax.

Jack
22-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I hope it is low on their priorities, would much prefer football wise was top of the list. FFS people moaning about food at a football match.

To be fair it's all part of the Hibs experience and if a third party is letting the club down they need their arse kicked, sorry it needs to be addressed :-)

ben johnson
22-06-2015, 06:42 PM

We are playing at a half empty stadium in the old second division. Not saying good food is the answer to boosting crowds but this generation growing up have different tastes and if you are bringing the next generation of supporters to the game you better look after them and make it as enjoyable as possible. Its not moaning its trying to identify where we can improve the whole day out for people attending the game in 2015 who have different outlook on what constitutes a day out with children. Fitbas all you need, You would think its the 1970s FFS.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2015, 06:51 PM
We are playing at a half empty stadium in the old second division. Not saying good food is the answer to boosting crowds but this generation growing up have different tastes and if you are bringing the next generation of supporters to the game you better look after them and make it as enjoyable as possible. Its not moaning its trying to identify where we can improve the whole day out for people attending the game in 2015 who have different outlook on what constitutes a day out with children. Fitbas all you need, You would think its the 1970s FFS.

Fitba is all I need, Prem football next season with **** pies being served or award winning pies and another season in the championship? It's a no brainer really.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 06:52 PM
The issue with the meal yesterday probably boils down to a few things.

Firstly the price is inflated because it's a one off event. Restaurants have fixed costs that they set off over the course of a week's service, that can't be done with an event like yesterday so you pay a premium. Hence why the 'clubhouse' deal at ER every 2nd weekend costs £25+ for soup and a sandwich that you could get in a decent pub in town for half that.

Secondly the catering company will likely be using a bank of temporary agency employees as waiting staff. This will be minimal training and sporadic hours in different environments with a lack of ongoing training. Contrary to what some may believe waiting tables or working a bar isn't easy and remembering all the little bits of etiquette takes training and practice.

This is an issue with BTG as well. The draught beer is rank because there's no one taking care of the beer lines. A decent head barman will take pride in his draught beer, clean them regularly, run the lines through etc. Is that happening in a bar being run by different staff for an outside company on a fortnightly basis?

It's not the be all and end all but again it's little things that lead to an improved whole. Decent grub and service at special events, decent beer and service in BTG, decent service and food at the kiosks. It's relatively easy fixes that might just make a few folk a wee bit happier.

ben johnson
22-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Fitba is all I need, Prem football next season with **** pies being served or award winning pies and another season in the championship? It's a no brainer really.

Its really trying to ensure we have a solid fan base in ten years time. When i started going in the early 70s it was the only show in town. Not now. We have to ensure we are making the day out at ER a positive from the time the customer arrives to the time they leave. My brothers laddie does not go to the football now and my 2 daughters are not interested. We have to stop the decline in attendances and we must make sure future supporters have a day out they want to come back to experience again. Decent catering is just a small part of it but its still important.

jacomo
22-06-2015, 07:10 PM
The issue with the meal yesterday probably boils down to a few things.

Firstly the price is inflated because it's a one off event. Restaurants have fixed costs that they set off over the course of a week's service, that can't be done with an event like yesterday so you pay a premium. Hence why the 'clubhouse' deal at ER every 2nd weekend costs £25+ for soup and a sandwich that you could get in a decent pub in town for half that.

Secondly the catering company will likely be using a bank of temporary agency employees as waiting staff. This will be minimal training and sporadic hours in different environments with a lack of ongoing training. Contrary to what some may believe waiting tables or working a bar isn't easy and remembering all the little bits of etiquette takes training and practice.

This is an issue with BTG as well. The draught beer is rank because there's no one taking care of the beer lines. A decent head barman will take pride in his draught beer, clean them regularly, run the lines through etc. Is that happening in a bar being run by different staff for an outside company on a fortnightly basis?

It's not the be all and end all but again it's little things that lead to an improved whole. Decent grub and service at special events, decent beer and service in BTG, decent service and food at the kiosks. It's relatively easy fixes that might just make a few folk a wee bit happier.

True enough, but all these issues are solvable. In my experience, people in the catering trade either give a **** or they don't. Good companies don't have problems like this.

hibbymac
22-06-2015, 07:12 PM

Wow, I didn't know we had a choice, :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
22-06-2015, 07:14 PM
True enough, but all these issues are solvable. In my experience, people in the catering trade either give a **** or they don't. Good companies don't have problems like this.

Agreed.

Having managed a hotel bar for the best part of 4 years you very quickly learned, and had to learn, who was willing to put in a shift and improve and who wasn't.

It's an industry that requires a hell of a work ethic due to the long hours, pish pay, weekend working etc but generally speaking the not more you put in the more you get out both through gratuities and it being an industry where promotion is relatively easy to come by.

Yuillsy
22-06-2015, 09:06 PM
My Mrs has just received an email from Hibs apologising for yesterdays service and have asked her to complete an attached feedback form. She hadn't complained to Hibs but had intended to do so, I'm assuming everyone who booked and left an email address will get the email.
Obviously they've had complaints or someone has been browsing the forums. Good to see the club acknowledging that yesterday was a bit of a let down for some people.

hibby6270
22-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Not sure of the arrangements for the restaurants but can definitely confirm the "pie & bovril" catering on match days is changing contract.

Can't recall which game it was but Leeann was doing the rounds in the West Upper at halftime earlier this year and was tagged a few times about the food, service and lack of pies at times at half time. She said the current contract was expiring end of season and there would be a new offering from start of this coming season. No details but definitely something different.

We'll see. :greengrin: :aok:

StevieC
22-06-2015, 09:30 PM
I went to a Fathers Day event at Easter Road (West Stand) about 4 years ago. It was a shambles, service was terrible, food took ages and arrived cold. I think they had a promotion of getting your car washed while you were inside but the guy left early and it never got washed.

Said then that I wouldn't hurry back and sounds like not much has changed.

I get the impression that because it's at Easter Road that catering assume supporters will put up with poor service and poor value for money, so there's no real incentive for Azure to improve things.

I'm hopeful that Leeann is well aware of the situation, and it's on her priority list to rectify once club business has been taken care of.

Jack
22-06-2015, 09:38 PM
If it can't be done properly they shouldn't do it at all.

Nobody would be complaining about Hibs today if this event hadn't happened.

Jamesie
22-06-2015, 09:57 PM

Match day catering in terms of what is offered through the kiosks is something that has really regressed at Easter Road over the last 20 years. Does anyone else remember the catering on offer when the Famous Five and South Stands opened in 1995? You could have fish and chips, curry, and a variety of other dishes from the concourse kiosks instead of just a pie. :thumbsup: Personally I deliberately avoid the kiosks when I'm at ER as most of the stuff looks grim - you call that pizza?! Hopefully that will change if and when this is taken back in-house.

Auckland Hibs
23-06-2015, 02:09 AM
If it can't be done properly they shouldn't do it at all.

Nobody would be complaining about Hibs today if this event hadn't happened.

Spot on - one person tells 10 people how poor their meal/experience at ER was, who then tell another ten people, etc. etc. It's amazing how many people will soon hear about it. A couple of people have mentioned some key service basics, using young temporary catering staff with very little or no experience is probably one of the main issues. I would also expect the line chefs will also be all temporary staff which is usually an indication of their level of training, experience, ability, etc. - if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Slightly off topic: Remember watching a TV show a few years ago about one of the TV chefs trying to turnaround the Little Chef Motorway Restaurants in the UK (do they still exist?), IIRC he brought in an "experienced chef" for an interview and asked him to cook a meal that would best sell his ability to be the head chef - the guy was completely lost and basically owned up to the fact that every single meal he had cooked in his whole career was a ready meal from a packet!

Bad Martini
23-06-2015, 11:23 AM
In summary and based on experience:

* This isnt more important than the "football" side of it
* But Hibs fans have paid money for this, and been shafted (I was one of them previously on a different occassion)
* This brings bad PR and potentially costs the club money in some way, shape or form
* ...and it stops folk pumping future money in for such events, hospitality etc
* ...and thus does affect the fitba

Bottom line; I know more people who have had a bad/****ing awful experience with this mob who do the catering at ER than the opposite, often resulting in no future bookings and refunds.

Not good when we could be making money.

However, I think someone said the current incumbents were soon to be disposed? I hope so. Problem solved. Fresh start. Another one tae Dempster and not too soon either (as the previous incumbent in her role used to wander aroond the tables where we all "enjoyed" **** service, bad food and then, insult to injury, his **** jokes). :rolleyes:

monktonharp
23-06-2015, 03:56 PM
I look forward to the day that Hibernian fc announce a serious apology for all the poor service, and overall bad experience that fans have had and put up with for far too long, regarding the catering. btw Hibs, sort out the club shop while you are at it.

Frazerbob
25-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Spot on - one person tells 10 people how poor their meal/experience at ER was, who then tell another ten people, etc. etc. It's amazing how many people will soon hear about it. A couple of people have mentioned some key service basics, using young temporary catering staff with very little or no experience is probably one of the main issues. I would also expect the line chefs will also be all temporary staff which is usually an indication of their level of training, experience, ability, etc. - if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Slightly off topic: Remember watching a TV show a few years ago about one of the TV chefs trying to turnaround the Little Chef Motorway Restaurants in the UK (do they still exist?), IIRC he brought in an "experienced chef" for an interview and asked him to cook a meal that would best sell his ability to be the head chef - the guy was completely lost and basically owned up to the fact that every single meal he had cooked in his whole career was a ready meal from a packet!

That stat of telling 10 folk about a shan experience whist you tell 2 or 3 about a good experience is very out dated. These days it hundreds, if not thousands with Facebook, Twitter, Tripadvisor etc. Everyone is a critic now which is great IMO. No need to pay fortunes for mystery customers nowadays.

Yuillsy
17-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this if it has already been covered. My Fiancee received an email a few days ago apologising for the poor service on Fathers day and we have been invited for a complimentary buffet,drinks and tour of the west stand on 30th August.
Cracking work by Hibs and we can't wait!!

jacomo
17-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this if it has already been covered. My Fiancee received an email a few days ago apologising for the poor service on Fathers day and we have been invited for a complimentary buffet,drinks and tour of the west stand on 30th August.
Cracking work by Hibs and we can't wait!!

Good job.

Now we just need to get that top exchanged at the shop and it will have been a good week for the Hibs.net consumer advice panel!

:wink:

Yuillsy
17-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Good job.

Now we just need to get that top exchanged at the shop and it will have been a good week for the Hibs.net consumer advice panel!

:wink:
😆👍