PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams

Hibby_G
20-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Some rumours saying we might get him back... Would you take him back??

Bostonhibby
20-06-2015, 10:22 AM

I would, liked him. I think he started to get disillusioned when he found himself having to deal with TB and Marsalla in particular.

Jack
20-06-2015, 10:26 AM
:woohoo:

Hibby_G
20-06-2015, 10:27 AM
I would, liked him. I think he started to get disillusioned when he found himself having to deal with TB and Marsalla in particular.

Would Take him back Too think he would be a decent keeper under stubbs

DH1875
20-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Would be happy with that.

iwasthere1972
20-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I think his form dipped as soon as the Butcher became manager and instructed him to kick the ball upfield at every opportunity. Before that I thought that he was alright.

Not fussed either way.

Diclonius
20-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Didn't he leave because he didn't get on with Marsella?

I'd take him back. Our best keeper in years.

we are hibs
20-06-2015, 10:34 AM
The Williams from August 2012-November 2013 yes, the Williams from November 2013 - may 2014 then no. Great shot stopper but like Oxley, not great at coming out for crosses

StevieC
20-06-2015, 10:40 AM
As said on the transfer thread .. I wouldn't be keen on taking back any players that were part of that team that got us relegated under Butcher.

scoopyboy
20-06-2015, 10:42 AM
The Williams from August 2012-November 2013 yes, the Williams from November 2013 - may 2014 then no. Great shot stopper but like Oxley, not great at coming out for crosses

Your dates are virtually the same as the Butcher era.

bingo70
20-06-2015, 10:45 AM
As said on the transfer thread .. I wouldn't be keen on taking back any players that were part of that team that got us relegated under Butcher.

Don't see why not, there's plenty examples of good players being relegated. Hanlon and Stevenson are still good members of the squad despite relegation.

3pm
20-06-2015, 10:47 AM
I think his form dipped as soon as the Butcher became manager and instructed him to kick the ball upfield at every opportunity. Before that I thought that he was alright.

Not fussed either way.

Don't forget being stripped of the captaincy wouldn't have helped his mindset.

StevieC
20-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Don't see why not, there's plenty examples of good players being relegated. Hanlon and Stevenson are still good members of the squad despite relegation.

I did say "taking back" so that's not a slight on players that stayed with us and battled in the Championship. Ben chose to leave and head down south. He then had 2 potential deals fall through and ended up on a temporary contract and second choice to a youth keeper on loan from Sunderland. It seems like a move would benefit Ben more than it would Hibs, so I'd expect Stubbs to be setting his sights a bit higher.

Personally, I rarely think it's a good idea to bring players back.

Scottie
20-06-2015, 10:57 AM
No thanks as we need to be progressively looking to the future not behind us.

I trust AS will have a suitable goalie lined up for the upcoming season. Better options out there surely.

3pm
20-06-2015, 10:57 AM
If you look through the tweets, it said he gave the club an 'open letter' to send to the fans but wasn't published.

Poor if true.

O'Rourke3
20-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Generally don't look back. IMHO Ben's form was already poor before the Butcher era. The keeper that started that season was not the same keeper that finished the previous one. Undoubtedly the introduction of SM didn't help. By far and a way the best shot stopper we have had in years but Mark Oxley is a better all round goalie and I'm not Oxley's greatest fan.
We should have someone new of whom we have no preconceptions. While generally the support is better at home I still fear the howls of I told you he was pish -with small errors. New season - new team.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't be against Williams coming back. Nowhere near as good as some make out but solid enough.

Michael
20-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Oxley was better. Has his flaws, but better than Williams.

GreenCastle
20-06-2015, 11:14 AM
It's hard to fully compare Ox and Williams.

Williams played under a terrible manager in a struggling team.

Ox - better manager and team winning more than losing.

Both struggled with crosses.

Both were pretty solid shot stoppers - Williams but better.

Ox was better with ball at feet - playing out from back.

Both vocal and spoke with the defence.

Ox less experience and younger at 24 compared to Williams 32.

When Williams came in I think he looked better as previous keepers were that bad. I don't remember Ox making any serious blunders last season...he wasn't perfect but seemed steady enough and good for the changing room.

I wouldn't be against him coming back - would be interested to hear from Bradford fans how his form was and why he isn't staying there longer ?

Caversham Green
20-06-2015, 11:15 AM
If you look through the tweets, it said he gave the club an 'open letter' to send to the fans but wasn't published.

Poor if true.

Depends what was in it. If it was simply 'Goodbye and thanks for all the pish' then yes, that's poor but if it was in any way critical of the three stooges (Moe, Terry and Burly) or anyone else at the club then they wouldn't have been able to publish it. Confidentiality agreements run both ways.

Anyway there are plenty of other media Ben could have used for the letter.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Very average keeper but a decent shot stopper who's quite poor on crosses.

JimBHibees
20-06-2015, 12:08 PM

Agree Celtic cup final springs to mind.

Sergey
20-06-2015, 12:32 PM

Those supposed rumours aren't doing the rounds with the Barnet supporters that I know.

He's first name on their team sheet and isn't going anywhere.

Just relaying a conversation I had a moment ago with folks who would most likely know.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Those supposed rumours aren't doing the rounds with the Barnet supporters that I know.

Just relaying a conversation I had a moment ago with folks who would most likely know.

Are you on about Graham Stack? :confused:

Nando™
20-06-2015, 12:39 PM
So I guess these folk that don't look back also don't want Griffiths back :aok:

Hibby_G
20-06-2015, 12:53 PM

Also Saved 2 pens against Aberdeen one in the cup and one in the league

leggeto
20-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Please be true,a safe goalie

liamh2202
20-06-2015, 12:58 PM

Yeh think we should either aim higher or sign oxley

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 01:01 PM

He is far better at crosses than Oxley. Better shot stopper than Oxley as well. No brainer tbh if he's willing to come back. In this league he will find it far easier imo.

Green Fish
20-06-2015, 01:03 PM
He saved alot of pens!!

Aldo
20-06-2015, 01:06 PM
He is far better at crosses than Oxley. Better shot stopper than Oxley as well. No brainer tbh if he's willing to come back. In this league he will find it far easier imo.

Both are terrible at crosses TC. Williams was poor very poor and very rarely came off his line and when he did he was lost! Didn't command his area.

Bronson
20-06-2015, 01:13 PM
I loved Williams, take him back in a heartbeat.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Both are terrible at crosses TC. Williams was poor very poor and very rarely came off his line and when he did he was lost! Didn't command his area.

My abiding memory of Williams at crosses is from the game at Tynecastle when Ross Caldwell score the winner.

He came for a corner early in the 1st half and sort of wandered to the edge of the 6 yard box, didn't put his hands up and proceeded to do a weird shoulder roll type thing and we had to scramble the ball of the line. He then inexplicably did almost exactly the same thing a short while later and that time Hearts scored. In between Times he dropped another cross right at the feet of N'Goo and again we had to clear off the line. ThrSC cup final against Celtic was the same, he almost seemed to start coming for crosses, have second thoughts and just stop.

Aldo
20-06-2015, 01:17 PM
My abiding memory of Williams at crosses is from the game at Tynecastle when Ross Caldwell score the winner. He came for a corner early in the 1st half and sort of wandered to the edge of the 6 yard box, didn't put his hands up and proceeded to do a weird shoulder roll type thing and we had to scramble the ball of the line. He then inexplicably did almost exactly the same thing a short while later and that time Hearts scored. The SC cup final against Celtic was the same, he almost seemed to start coming for crosses, have second thoughts and just stop.

This!

bill the hibby
20-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Contrary to what I said earlier, I think we can get better than williams and oxley.

eastterrace
20-06-2015, 01:23 PM
he had great save in the play off game from jason scotland was around about the 13th minute at easter road . :wink:

Callum_62
20-06-2015, 01:24 PM
He is better than what we currently have

Pretty Boy
20-06-2015, 01:27 PM
He is better than what we currently have

In fairness my 82 year old Granddad is better than we currently have.

Callum_62
20-06-2015, 01:29 PM
In fairness my 82 year old Granddad is better than we currently have.

:greengrin

Keith_M
20-06-2015, 01:30 PM

Are you on about Graham Stack? :confused:

:agree:

Graham Stack is the Barnet Goalie, Ben Williams plays for Bradford

HibbyAndy
20-06-2015, 02:14 PM
If there was any chance of getting BW back i'd take him.

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 02:17 PM

I agree he's not the best but I think he's much better than Oxley at catching it mate. Oxley done ok at times and other times my heart was in my mouth. Out the two he's the better keeper in my opinion. I think that's why Stubbs was happy to let him go.

Aldo
20-06-2015, 02:21 PM
I agree he's not the best but I think he's much better than Oxley at catching it mate. Oxley done ok at times and other times my heart was in my mouth. Out the two he's the better keeper in my opinion. I think that's why Stubbs was happy to let him go.

Yeah Oxley wasn't great at crossed but TC Williams never came off his line and when he did he usually made an arse of it.

BW will not get any better however I still think Oxley is young and has s lot to learn and will (or should) improve.

If I had a choice I'd look elsewhere but would choose Oxley over Willuams!!

SteveHFC
20-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Yeah Oxley wasn't great at crossed but TC Williams never came off his line and when he did he usually made an arse of it.

BW will not get any better however I still think Oxley is young and has s lot to learn and will (or should) improve.

I'd choose neither tbh. :greengrin

Eyrie
20-06-2015, 02:59 PM
He saved alot of pens!!

Only at the start of his time with us. Don't forget that he didn't save any against Hamilton in the shoot out.

bigwheel
20-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Only at the start of his time with us. Don't forget that he didn't save any against Hamilton in the shoot out.

The worst goalie I've ever seen at pens was Oxley against Dundee United last season...anyway, whilst I'd much rather have Williams than Oxley - I hope Stubbs brings in someone better than either...

iwasthere1972
20-06-2015, 03:05 PM

Plus his goal scoring record was better.

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't be too fussed if he doesn't come back. He never managed to command his box.

Sergey
20-06-2015, 04:12 PM
:agree:

Graham Stack is the Barnet Goalie, Ben Williams plays for Bradford

Oops - bit of a f-up on my part.

It's safe to say that Graham Stack will not be re-joining us - I don't know about Williams, though :loser:

GreenArmyyy!
20-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Would be absolutely delighted if true. Cracking keeper, much better than Oxley and had a great passion for us.

erin go bragh
20-06-2015, 05:09 PM
I thought he looked a beaten man before the pen shootout against the Accies .

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I thought he looked a beaten man before the pen shootout against the Accies .

GGTTHSo did the other 10 players and all the Hibs fans in the ground.

yekimevol
20-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Would be extremely happy with Big Ben coming home; thought he was a great keeper for us (compared to most that came before him) and that it was only when Butcher ruined the team that he like many others started having problems.

Deeds
20-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I think it's important to remember that Mark Oxley has had a season in the division and knows and has built up an understanding/ friendship with players currently there. That goes a long way in my opinion. I liked Ben Williams and thought he was a decent keeper, but for me the choice is Oxley

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2015, 08:11 PM
I think it's important to remember that Mark Oxley has had a season in the division and knows and has built up an understanding/ friendship with players currently there. That goes a long way in my opinion. I liked Ben Williams and thought he was a decent keeper, but for me the choice is Oxley

Agree 100% happy to see him return.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Lets be honest here, we should finish in the top 2 this season with any old lump of lard in goal for us.

I'd like us to prepare for life back in the top league by bringing in a better standard of keeper than either Williams or Oxley, but either would be good enough for the coming season.

Pat 0-7
21-06-2015, 05:18 PM
The worst goalie I've ever seen at pens was Oxley against Dundee United last season...anyway, whilst I'd much rather have Williams than Oxley - I hope Stubbs brings in someone better than either...

This. :top marks

And that's not Jamie ***** McDonald.

lord bunberry
21-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Don't forget being stripped of the captaincy wouldn't have helped his mindset.
Well seeing as no one else has said it I might as well. I'm sure that being stripped of the captaincy removed the fear of being stripped of the captaincy.

high bee
22-06-2015, 10:18 AM
I'd have him back in a heart beat. Always thought he was a great keeper. Would rather not have Oxley back.

Winston Ingram
22-06-2015, 11:22 AM
So did the other 10 players and all the Hibs fans in the ground.

...including the previous 20 games

HappyHanlon
22-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Ben Williams would be a class signing.

Remember him making a string of great saves when Bradford put Chelsea out the cup earlier on in the year.

He suffered in the 2nd season because a good goalkeeping coach was replaced by a pie eating waste of skin.

Come on home Ben!

Delboy4
22-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Would be absolutely delighted if true. Cracking keeper, much better than Oxley and had a great passion for us.

Hibs contacted him on the phone last week...in talks at the moment. It will most probably be up to Hibs offer if he signs.

GreenArmyyy!
22-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Hibs contacted him on the phone last week...in talks at the moment. It will most probably be up to Hibs offer if he signs.

Great stuff mate! Glad to hear it.

Lago
24-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Not according to todays Daily Mail, apparently still under contract and fee required, hibs unwilling to pay.

BSEJVT
24-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Williams was better than most we have had in recent years but IMO it would be a mistake to sign him.

Like most others of that team he showed his mental fragility when that arse Butcher came in and his performances went spectacularly downhill.

There is going to be massive pressure on this squad to get us promoted next year and I would prefer someone in such a key position to have greater mental fortitude than he showed.

Loads of goalies look good when they have lots of work to do, good goalies look good when they have little to do.

A big part of that is there mental strength, IMO Williams has been found wanting in that department.

I think a big factor in last seasons upturn in fortunes was getting rid of that type of player, something I am glad has continued into this season.

Going back to a club seldom works even for great players, I would prefer not to repeat the mistakes of the past by bringing in the wrong type again.

CapitalGreen
24-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Like most others of that team he showed his mental fragility when that arse Butcher came in and his performances went spectacularly downhill.

Yes his performances dropped but less so than those around him.

There is going to be massive pressure on this squad to get us promoted next year and I would prefer someone in such a key position to have greater mental fortitude than he showed.

Are you happy that we have retained Hanlon, Forster, Cummings and Stevenson from the relegation squad for next season?

Loads of goalies look good when they have lots of work to do, good goalies look good when they have little to do.

No sure how this tired cliché supports your point as Williams was arguably playing better when he had less to do under Fenlon during 12/13.

A big part of that is there mental strength, IMO Williams has been found wanting in that department.

I think a big factor in last seasons upturn in fortunes was getting rid of that type of player, something I am glad has continued into this season.

People close to the club actually state he was a really good influence within the dressing room and a top professional. I can't think of anything to suggest he was mentally fragile. In fact, his penalty record would suggest he performs well in pressure situations.

BSEJVT
24-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Yes his performances dropped but less so than those around him.

That's a matter of debate and I would have to disagree

Are you happy that we have retained Hanlon, Forster, Cummings and Stevenson from the relegation squad for next season?

Yes, it would not have been possible to change the entire team so quickly, these guys also had youth / relative youth on their side and the experience could have been seen as formative for them.

No sure how this tired cliché supports your point as Williams was arguably playing better when he had less to do under Fenlon during 12/13.

One mans tired cliché is another man's fact ( but thanks for being patronising) and that defence never had little to do!

People close to the club actually state he was a really good influence within the dressing room and a top professional. I can't think of anything to suggest he was mentally fragile. In fact, his penalty record would suggest he performs well in pressure situations.

So you don't think that his severe dip in performances suggested that he was mentally fragile, when the chips were down in the Accies game he never sniffed one of their penalties.

I know from someone who worked with Hibs Goalies at that time that Marsella's time as a goalkeeping coach was an out and out disaster and that it did effect his confidence and subsequent performance.

Having said all the above, he was by no means the worst goalie we have had and if he were to pitch up now ( for the first time) and perform as he did for the first season and a half everyone would be well enough pleased.

My view is that second time around's seldom work and if I wanted to take that chance it would be on a player of greater ability and stature than Ben Williams and one not tainted by that collapse and subsequent relegation and the questions that that should raise.

allezsauzee
24-06-2015, 11:45 AM
One thing that separates Ben Williams from the majority of keepers that we have had over the past 10 years is that the fact that he is not mentally fragile! I'd be delighted to have him back.

DH1875
24-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Can't see this happning, not if his club are looking for a fee anyway.

Brightside
24-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Chat is that they aren't looking for a fee.

Smartie
24-06-2015, 03:45 PM
I'd be delighted to have him back. He showed more than enough to suggest that he was a good keeper when he was playing under Fenlon.

If we still had a dick of a manager and a crap team then I'd suggest that he might not do so well as those were the circumstances under which he struggled before.

We have a good guy as a manager, a good squad coming together and it's night and day from what he worked under before.

I don't know why but I always seem to have a bit more respect for players who came through the ranks at Manchester United under Fergie. They rarely seem to be the troublesome type (although I suppose Brebner had his demons).

Even those who didn't necessarily make the grade at Old Trafford would often go on to have good, solid professional careers and they normally picked up good habits during their time there.

I always thought that Ben seemed like a good lad and would be astonished if there were attitude issues. It only seemed to go wrong for him at ER when Butcher and co came to town and there weren't any players who flourished under him so Ben wasn't alone.

I'd love to have him back.

Iggy Pope
24-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I'd be delighted to have him back. He showed more than enough to suggest that he was a good keeper when he was playing under Fenlon.

If we still had a dick of a manager and a crap team then I'd suggest that he might not do so well as those were the circumstances under which he struggled before.

We have a good guy as a manager, a good squad coming together and it's night and day from what he worked under before.

I don't know why but I always seem to have a bit more respect for players who came through the ranks at Manchester United under Fergie. They rarely seem to be the troublesome type (although I suppose Brebner had his demons).

Even those who didn't necessarily make the grade at Old Trafford would often go on to have good, solid professional careers and they normally picked up good habits during their time there.

I always thought that Ben seemed like a good lad and would be astonished if there were attitude issues. It only seemed to go wrong for him at ER when Butcher and co came to town and there weren't any players who flourished under him so Ben wasn't alone.

Ryan Giggs pumping his sister in law was pretty troublesome as I recall. And Colin Murdoch was *****. :wink:

Stax
24-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Ryan Giggs pumping his sister in law was pretty troublesome as I recall. And Colin Murdoch was *****. :wink:
Contender for post of the year :greengrin

O'Rourke3
24-06-2015, 06:16 PM

Michael Stewart another solid influence.... Ben's form for me was doubtful in the Malmo game at ER. We ended up in a hammering and his contribution was at least 2 of those and one when the game was still getable. Big fan when he was here but I think his return is a backward step.

eastterrace
24-06-2015, 07:52 PM

i really hope we miss out on him as will be big mistake him coming back , he saved a few pens and everbody thought we have a good keeper, he was prone to mistakes but not as much as the dross keepers we have had before him so thats why he looked better than what he was .

Smartie
24-06-2015, 08:04 PM
i really hope we miss out on him as will be big mistake him coming back , he saved a few pens and everbody thought we have a good keeper, he was prone to mistakes but not as much as the dross keepers we have had before him so thats why he looked better than what he was .

All keepers are prone to the odd mistake.

He was playing at a higher level before and at no point during his time at the club was the defence/ goalkeeper anything like the weakest part of our team.

We were relegated because we didn't score enough goals, whilst our defensive unit wasn't brilliant it was ok.

Fontaine and Gray have been added to the back line, Forster and Hanlon are a few years further down the line. Stevenson had a good season at left back.

Ben Williams is as good a keeper as we have had in years. I grew up with the Rough/Goram/Burridge/Leighton years and was spoiled really, given the various shades of cack that have come our way since then.

We have a job to do next season and I'm convinced that Ben Williams would be up to it. He's a known quantity and I accept his form tailed off towards the end of his time with us. But there many mitigating factors for that.

With the right people around him (i.e. a defence that doesn't contain Ryan McGivern, Michael Nelson and Alan Maybury) then I think he could do well for us again, as he did for most of his spell with us the last time.

DH1875
25-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Yip, Ryan McGivern cost us the celtic cup final not big Ben. McGivern was badly to blame for 2 of their goals IMO.

Aldo
25-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Yip, Ryan McGivern cost us the celtic cup final not big Ben. McGivern was badly to blame for 2 of their goals IMO.

Williams ball watched and was as much to blame as McGivern who was also ball watching and should of tucked in.

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Yip, Ryan McGivern cost us the celtic cup final not big Ben. McGivern was badly to blame for 2 of their goals IMO.So was Kevin Thomson for being MIA in supporting McGivern, so was our whole midfield for standing watching Brown run the game, so was Doyle for missing a sitter.

We lost that game all over the pitch, no 1 player was to blame.

Thecat23
25-06-2015, 07:41 AM
So was Kevin Thomson for being MIA in supporting McGivern, so was our whole midfield for standing watching Brown run the game, so was Doyle for missing a sitter.

This.. The whole team were utter dross that day.

Jack
25-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Still, we got to two cup finals in row which is an achievement in itself for such a fragile team.

Although conversely this probably papered over chasms and cracks that are only now being addressed at the club.

Winston Ingram
25-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Williams was arguably the best keeper we've had here since Daniel Anderson.

As we're in the Scottish Championship, it kind rules us out the race for David De Gea.

Williams is a goal keeper who we know, trust and is approaching the peak of his career. He's be a fantastic signing.

DH1875
25-06-2015, 08:12 AM
So was Kevin Thomson for being MIA in supporting McGivern, so was our whole midfield for standing watching Brown run the game, so was Doyle for missing a sitter.

So you agree, it wasn't all down to Ben Williams ;)

Sir David Gray
25-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I would take him back in a second.

Best goalkeeper we've had in over 10 years.

Salt N Sauzee
25-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Williams was better than most we have had in recent years but IMO it would be a mistake to sign him.

Going back to a club seldom works even for great players, I would prefer not to repeat the mistakes of the past by bringing in the wrong type again.

Surely that's good enough a reason to sign him again? Regardless of his "mental strength" :confused:

BSEJVT
25-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Surely that's good enough a reason to sign him again? Regardless of his "mental strength" :confused:

2 points

He wasn't up against much in winning that accolade !

Only if you think we can't do better

I think we can

I won't be suicidal if he re-signs but I won't be hanging out the bunting either.

TheFamous1875
25-06-2015, 10:52 AM

I tell you what; you'd need some mental strength to've consistently performed well under Butcher & Malpas! Ben Williams to me, seemed one person who had mental strength; he could've performed a lot worse than what he did under those two (and that's saying something because he was pretty rank in that period!)

Williams, in a good set-up, with good teammates, good coaches and good tactics would flourish. He's not perfect, but at this level? I'd be more than happy to hive him in between the posts for Hibernian (unless we can find better which obviously I'd hope we could).

ManBearPig
25-06-2015, 11:41 AM
He's quality keeper multiple player of the year awards at both col u and then one at hibs if I recall. He's solid good leader and has experience we need at the moment. I think he may know gray already from ****chester days?

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:55 PM
I would take him back in a second.

Best goalkeeper we've had in over 10 years.

Yep, I'd agree with that.

portyhibernian
26-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't be against having him, more than adequate for the level of opposition we'll face.

Jack Hackett
26-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Wouldn't be against having him, more than adequate for the level of opposition we'll face.
Not sure about this 'level of opposition' people keep talking about. Once it's on its way, a shot is a shot and a cross is a cross. Doesn't really matter who hits it or what league they're playing in

Jdawg
27-06-2015, 10:32 AM
I think people are overlooking the fact that flaps at crossed just as much as Oxley. That aside, an excellent keeper.

I liked Oxley too, a decent shot stopper and great distribution. A little better in terms of crosses.

Would be very happy with either.

500miles
27-06-2015, 10:45 AM
What I will say about Oxley is that I can never remember the goalie and the back four going mental at each other when they lost a goal. They were a unit, Ox was a talker, and they knew what each other were doing.

Keeping as much of that defensive unit together for the sake of continuity would be a real asset.

kj79
29-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/615484550764961793) #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) have signed goalkeeper Mark Oxley on a two year contract.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Fairly happy to have solid keeper signed up