PDA

View Full Version : What do we still need?

Hibs1992
19-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Assuming Contains has signed as seems to be widely suggested, what do we still need before we can be happy with the squad?

Obviously we need 2 keepers. A solid sitting midfielder to do the job that Gomis did for Hearts last year is essential I think. Cover in full back positions also badly needed. We also still seem short of wide midfielders...

So we probably need at least 4/5 more in on top of Contains.

Hibs1992
19-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Assuming Contains has signed as seems to be widely suggested, what do we still need before we can be happy with the squad?

Obviously we need 2 keepers. A solid sitting midfielder to do the job that Gomis did for Hearts last year is essential I think. Cover in full back positions also badly needed. We also still seem short of wide midfielders...

So we probably need at least 4/5 more in on top of Contains.

Contains is Fontaine... bloody autochange!

Eyrie
19-06-2015, 10:23 PM
What position does Contains play? Sounds like a defensive midfielder :wink:

Some of the depth can come from our own youngsters, but I would like a goalkeeper, defensive midfielder and at least one more defender in addition to Fontaine.

Andy74
19-06-2015, 10:27 PM
From this point we need two keepers, three defenders and two central midfielders. At least.

B.H.F.C
19-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Two goalies. Minimum of two, but possibly 3 defenders including competition for left back. Two midfielders.

Lot of work to do yet.

iwasthere1972
19-06-2015, 10:43 PM

You do know that you can edit your original post. :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Our first team squad is as follows;

Stevenson
Hanlon
Gray
Stanton
Handling
Harris
Allan
Fyvie
Boyle
Carmichael
Cummings
Malonga
El Alagui
Keatings

New team lining up something like this;

New Goalkeeper

Stevenson
Hanlon
Forster
Gray

Boyle
Allan
Fyvie
Carmichael

El Alagui
Cummings

SUBS

New Goalkeeper
New Defender
Stanton
Harris
Handling
Malonga
Keatings

Two new goalkeepers, a couple of defenders and a defensive midfielder.

I think we're still due to sign around five or six players before the window closes. Hopefully one of them will be Liam Fontaine.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2015, 11:00 PM
I don't think we are going to see 3 defenders coming in.

We have Gray at RB and Forster can play there as well, there are also high hopes for young Dunsmore . We have Hanlon and Forster as centre backs, one more will come in here whether that be Fontaine or A N Other and Stevenson at LB. My guess is we'll possibly bring in a utility type similar to Watson who can cover both CB and LB as well as a development player as cover.

Midfield is an area where we need a couple more. We have obviously lost Craig, McGeough and Robertson and only brought in Carmichael, Boyle and extended Fyvies deal. The likes of Stanton, Handling and Harris really need to step it up this year as well if they are serious about continuing their careers at Hibs.

Forward wise we seem ok with Malonga, Farid, Cummings, Keatings, Boyle can play there and Lewis Allan should be knocking on the door as well.

Goalkeeper is an obvious area where we need 2.

Andy74
20-06-2015, 07:28 AM
I don't think we are going to see 3 defenders coming in.

We have Gray at RB and Forster can play there as well, there are also high hopes for young Dunsmore . We have Hanlon and Forster as centre backs, one more will come in here whether that be Fontaine or A N Other and Stevenson at LB. My guess is we'll possibly bring in a utility type similar to Watson who can cover both CB and LB as well as a development player as cover.

Midfield is an area where we need a couple more. We have obviously lost Craig, McGeough and Robertson and only brought in Carmichael, Boyle and extended Fyvies deal. The likes of Stanton, Handling and Harris really need to step it up this year as well if they are serious about continuing their careers at Hibs.

Forward wise we seem ok with Malonga, Farid, Cummings, Keatings, Boyle can play there and Lewis Allan should be knocking on the door as well.

Goalkeeper is an obvious area where we need 2.

Last season we did have Fontaine and Watson and were still short of options at times. We had no left back cover.

We are two down just now and we really needed another on top of that anyway. We also want to improve not just try and get back to last season's level.

Godsahibby
20-06-2015, 07:36 AM

Greatest ever example of nominative determinism

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Last season we did have Fontaine and Watson and were still short of options at times. We had no left back cover.

We are two down just now and we really needed another on top of that anyway. We also want to improve not just try and get back to last season's level.

Exactly.

Vault Boy
20-06-2015, 08:59 AM

:agree:

Green Fish
20-06-2015, 09:13 AM
it would be ideal if one or two of the u 20s could step up and make an impact on the 1st team. Read about LA up front but who, if anyone, is likely to do this at the back or in MF?

Pretty Boy
20-06-2015, 09:25 AM

I don't disagree but I think the extra cover may be a couple stepping up from the development squad as opposed to a new body. I may be wrong and we might well bring in 3 new defenders but I don't see it.

Aldo
20-06-2015, 09:55 AM
I think we need a left footed MF player!

PeterboroHibee
20-06-2015, 10:13 AM
I think it all depends on if or how ready some of the younger guys are to realistically be considered first team players. In the hypothetical situation that none of the youngsters step up, Id say we still need two goalkeepers, possibly another CB, two fullbacks, two midfielders and another winger.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Another left back is a must, We cant rely on Stevenson all season again.

Eyrie
20-06-2015, 11:36 AM
For those that watch the youths, how ready are Martin, Dunsmore and Crane to provide depth for midfield, right back and left back?

Other than Allan, is there anyone else who could cover the first team squad for a few games?

Pretty Boy
20-06-2015, 11:54 AM
For those that watch the youths, how ready are Martin, Dunsmore and Crane to provide depth for midfield, right back and left back?

Other than Allan, is there anyone else who could cover the first team squad for a few games?

Dunsmore is definitely almost there with regards to making the step up imo. That's why I'm not convinced we need another RB especially as Forster can play there as well. I'd say the same of Crane, not ready to be a regular but as cover I think he would do a job.

Regarding other I think Conor Duthie will play a part this season, Stubbs brought him into the squad towards the end of last season and he even got a bit game time. He's a really tidy footballer and often seemed to be the player who made the development team tick.

Franck Stanton
20-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Another left back is a must, We cant rely on Stevenson all season again.

Agreed, aren't we supposed to be interested/talking to a young guy from Morton ?

Unseen work
20-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Dunsmore is definitely almost there with regards to making the step up imo. That's why I'm not convinced we need another RB especially as Forster can play there as well. I'd say the same of Crane, not ready to be a regular but as cover I think he would do a job.

Regarding other I think Conor Duthie will play a part this season, Stubbs brought him into the squad towards the end of last season and he even got a bit game time. He's a really tidy footballer and often seemed to be the player who made the development team tick.

Hope Duthie gets a chance heard good things about him, and seems the type that could slot into the teen comfortably as he is suited to the passing game and confident on the ball

banarc7062
21-06-2015, 11:34 AM
I can play LB so gies a game mister

Onceinawhile
21-06-2015, 12:20 PM
I'd think we need at least two in the middle of the park, two keepers, a left back, a right back and a centre back. So 7 in total.