PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STUBBS: EXCITING SEASON AHEAD

RSS Bot
19-06-2015, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5508)

Jim Herriot
19-06-2015, 11:25 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5508)

You're such a happy clapper, RSS Bot.

jacomo
19-06-2015, 01:54 PM

One of those ***** who is always starting threads but then never comments on them. Hate that.

SquashedFrogg
19-06-2015, 07:18 PM
One of those ***** who is always starting threads but then never comments on them. Hate that.

Took a few seconds but :tee hee:

Sammy7nil
19-06-2015, 07:37 PM
21 Points from the first Rd of games nothing less is acceptable :cb

Greencore
19-06-2015, 07:46 PM

Stubbs out, RSS Bot in.

Michael
19-06-2015, 08:04 PM

What? I'd hope for more than that!

silverhibee
19-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Stubbs would be under pressure if we only have 21 points from the first round of games, i expect us to win every game. :cb

Sir David Gray
19-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Stubbs would be under pressure if we only have 21 points from the first round of games, i expect us to win every game. :cb

:agree: Hibs have said that our aim next season is to go up as champions so that means we should be looking to win every single match.

That is obviously unlikely to happen but that has to be the aim.

SquashedFrogg
19-06-2015, 08:41 PM
:agree: Hibs have said that our aim next season is to go up as champions so that means we should be looking to win every single match.

That is obviously unlikely to happen but that has to be the aim.

Should we be outraged if it doesn't happen? Or should we appreciate that next season will be just as tough and unpredictable as last season?

I genuinely dread to think what this place will be like if we don't go up.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2015, 08:56 PM

:agree: Even if we don't have a keeper. I expect no less.

Sir David Gray
19-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Should we be outraged if it doesn't happen? Or should we appreciate that next season will be just as tough and unpredictable as last season?

I genuinely dread to think what this place will be like if we don't go up.

Our stated aim next season is to win the league, so we should be going into every game expecting to win.

Every other team in world football, that expects to win their respective league championship, will expect to win every single match that they play.

I don't think it will be easy to go up by the way and I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. It all depends on how the new Sevco dream team of Warburton and Weir gets on and how serious Dave King is in investing in their squad.

If they do spend big and Warburton identifies good players then it will be difficult for us to win the title.

I'm still confident at this stage of doing it though.

bill the hibby
19-06-2015, 09:51 PM
I remember stubbs stating that no matter who our opponents are next season hibs will finish the season as champions...like someone's said, our aim should be to win every game, yes unlikely but that's the aim.

SquashedFrogg
19-06-2015, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Trig;4399691]Our stated aim next season is to win the league, so we should be going into every game expecting to win.

Every other team in world football, that expects to win their respective league championship, will expect to win every single match that they play.

I don't think it will be easy to go up by the way and I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. It all depends on how the new Sevco dream team of Warburton and Weir gets on and how serious Dave King is in investing in their squad.

If they do spend big and Warburton identifies good players then it will be difficult for us to win the title.

I'm very optimistic by nature. But there has to be a sense of realism. Only one team can win each league. What if we don't? What if we come second again and don't get promoted?

If the club say we want to win every match and get promoted my fear is people will use that as a stick to beat them.

For me I've been prepared to stay down for 2 seasons (based on the unusual circumstances of the teams who are in our league).

As I said, I just dread to think the reaction if we don't win the league or go up.

As a club I am very excited about the foundations currently being built. Long term we are going to be solid and successful. I'm happy to relax a bit and not worry too much.

monktonharp
19-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Leann Dempster stated last season, that the intention was to win the league. It failed, but if we get a decent start this season, and by that I mean winning almost all of our first 6 games, then we can look forward to a really exciting league battle imho. I reserve the right to alter my comments/thoughts respectively if there are unforeseen staff changes regarding players and coaches.:wink:

Niffy
20-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Should we be writing off St Mirren ?

Bobby's Cinema
20-06-2015, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Trig;4399691]Our stated aim next season is to win the league, so we should be going into every game expecting to win.

I'm very optimistic by nature. But there has to be a sense of realism. Only one team can win each league. What if we don't? What if we come second again and don't get promoted?

If the club say we want to win every match and get promoted my fear is people will use that as a stick to beat them.

For me I've been prepared to stay down for 2 seasons (based on the unusual circumstances of the teams who are in our league).

As I said, I just dread to think the reaction if we don't win the league or go up.

As a club I am very excited about the foundations currently being built. Long term we are going to be solid and successful. I'm happy to relax a bit and not worry too much.
Strange approach. It was an unbelievable show of resilience at the end of our final playoff match and shows that the fans are prepare to back this team even in defeat. It is vital though that we get out of here. It's also vital that we lose this tag of falling down in the big games and winning the league would go some way to doing that, winning back you would hope a decent number of stay aways. Hope over fear!

Sammy7nil
20-06-2015, 07:18 AM
I think the word expect should be changed to hope, the league will be won with about 90 points so like you i would want more than 21 points. However 21 is the minimum Hibs should expect from a tough 1st Rd of fixtures.

BIGK
20-06-2015, 07:48 AM
What? I'd hope for more than that!

I would agree with that. Like the look of these fixtures, think we should be targeting 24/25 points to put pressure on that house of cards along the M8.

The_Horde
20-06-2015, 09:08 AM

This.

DH1875
20-06-2015, 10:09 AM

St Mirren won't win the league. They'll be at the level of Falkirk and QOS were last season.

bigwheel
20-06-2015, 10:59 AM
St Mirren won't win the league. They'll be at the level of Falkirk and QOS were last season.

On what basis do you say this?? You have no idea what their final squad will be, and you have no idea how well the new management team will do....

Eyrie
20-06-2015, 11:39 AM

No, but it is realistic to expect that we will finish ahead of them.

DH1875
20-06-2015, 11:44 AM
On what basis do you say this?? You have no idea what their final squad will be, and you have no idea how well the new management team will do....

Have you looked at their squad? As it stands, they won't win the league. Our budget along with rangers is much bigger than theirs. Our final squad should and will (IMO) be better than theirs. If it isn't then Stubbs won't be the manager we all think he is. If we were both in the premier would/should we worry about St Mirren?
I'll tell you straight, IF we finish behind St Mirren in this leaque I for one won't be happy. Rangers I'll just about cope with if they spend money but St Mirren, no chance.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2015, 02:41 PM

I'll state right now that St Mirren will finish no higher than third next season and we'll finish in the top two.

bigwheel
20-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I'll state right now that St Mirren will finish no higher than third next season and we'll finish in the top two.

...my point is though - who knows what squad they (or we!) will end up with...no-one would have forecast Hearts would have strolled away with the league last year...No one can really forecast with any certainty until the squads are complete and the first round of 11 games are well underway...If they get off to a flier, they could be right in the mix...

bigwheel
20-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Have you looked at their squad? As it stands, they won't win the league. Our budget along with rangers is much bigger than theirs. Our final squad should and will (IMO) be better than theirs. If it isn't then Stubbs won't be the manager we all think he is. If we were both in the premier would/should we worry about St Mirren?
I'll tell you straight, IF we finish behind St Mirren in this leaque I for one won't be happy. Rangers I'll just about cope with if they spend money but St Mirren, no chance.

Our squad right now won't win the league either.....they could be the surprise package this year...depending on who they sign and how they start

Sammy7nil
20-08-2015, 10:37 PM

I originally said 21 points i now think that is optimistic maybe 19 will be nearer what do others think?

Sammy7nil
20-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I think the word expect should be changed to hope, the league will be won with about 90 points so like you i would want more than 21 points. However 21 is the minimum Hibs should expect from a tough 1st Rd of fixtures.

I would agree with that. Like the look of these fixtures, think we should be targeting 24/25 points to put pressure on that house of cards along the M8.

What do we think now? Early days i know but have you lowered the bar?

Sir David Gray
20-08-2015, 10:46 PM
I originally said 21 points i now think that is optimistic maybe 19 will be nearer what do others think?

Well we can obviously now only get 24 points from the first round of games and we've still to play Sevco, Falkirk and Queen of the South all away from home in our next seven league games.

21 points sounds about right, I reckon.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Thread dredging - part of the reason we're stuck in the past?

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 12:54 PM
What do we think now? Early days i know but have you lowered the bar?

I now expect 24 points from the first round of games.