PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Lets just say Boyle & Fontaine sign, and no other players leave, how would you look for us to line up on the first day of the season, except keepers?

KWJ
17-06-2015, 02:44 PM
--------------GK---------

Gray-Fontain-Hanlon-Stevenson

----Fyvie---Handling--Allan----

---Boyle--El-Alagui--Cummings

Forster and Malonga kicking about.

Midfield maybe just a smidgen lightweight ;) No doubt there will be additions.

Brightside
17-06-2015, 02:47 PM
--------------GK---------

Gray-Fontain-Hanlon-Stevenson

----Fyvie---Handling--Allan----

---Boyle--El-Alagui--Cummings

Forster and Malonga kicking about.

Midfield maybe just a smidgen lightweight ;) No doubt there will be additions.

--------------Cech

Gray----Fontaine----Hanlon------Stevenson

--------------Handling

-------Fyfvie-----------Dylan

--------------Allan

-------El-Alagui--Cummings

hfc rd
17-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Handling playing defensive mid? Not seen that before.

jacomo
17-06-2015, 03:11 PM

:dizzy:

Keep up. There's about 500 pages of it on the transfer thread. :wink:

Diclonius
17-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Keeper

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Fyvie Allan Carmichael

Cummings El Alagui

GreenOnions
17-06-2015, 03:16 PM
..........................Keeper

............Forster...Hanlon...Fontaine

Gray.....Carmichael...Fyvie....Allan.....Stevenson

................El Alagui...Cummings

Subs: Boyle, Keatings, Malonga, Handling, Stanton, Harris

Shows we are short in defensive cover as well as keeper and defensive midfield.Hopefully some youngsters can make the step up this year too.

KWJ
17-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Defensive playmaker, Xavi style. Or Latapy at Falkirk.

Forgot about Carmichael. And Keetings. We have options, I just don't know what they are other than all out attack.

--------GK--------

-----Fontaine-----

-----DH-Fyvie------

Boyle-Allan---DC-

JK-DM-FE-JC

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2015, 04:35 PM
:dizzy:

Keep up. There's about 500 pages of it on the transfer thread. :wink:

498 - the other 2 are Deep Lying Playmaker :D

Eyrie
17-06-2015, 07:05 PM
..........................Keeper

............Forster...Hanlon...Fontaine

Gray.....Carmichael...Fyvie....Allan.....Stevenson

................El Alagui...Cummings

Subs: Boyle, Keatings, Malonga, Handling, Stanton, Harris

Shows we are short in defensive cover as well as keeper and defensive midfield.Hopefully some youngsters can make the step up this year too.

Best team so far, although I'd have Martin replace Harris and we need another defender on the bench instead of Handling or Stanton.

Billychaotic182
17-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Are we all so sure Fontaine is staying?

AlbertK86
17-06-2015, 08:45 PM
..........................Keeper ............Forster...Hanlon...Fontaine Gray.....Carmichael...Fyvie....Allan.....Stevenson ................El Alagui...Cummings Subs: Boyle, Keatings, Malonga, Handling, Stanton, Harris Shows we are short in defensive cover as well as keeper and defensive midfield.Hopefully some youngsters can make the step up this year too.

That would be my team as well if 3-5-2

If 4-4-2

Cech

Gray. Forster Fontaine Stevenson

Carmichael. Fyvie. Allan. Boyle

Fared. Cummings

bigwheel
17-06-2015, 08:55 PM
That would be my team as well if 3-5-2

If 4-4-2

Cech

Gray. Forster Fontaine Stevenson

Carmichael. Fyvie. Allan. Boyle

Fared. Cummings

I don't think that team would get promoted...we need more strength in our first 11

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2015, 08:57 PM
I think i will wait until a day or two after the transfer window shuts, we could have 4 or 5 more players in by then?

Andy74
17-06-2015, 09:23 PM
I think i will wait until a day or two after the transfer window shuts, we could have 4 or 5 more players in by then?

Yep. Pointless thread.

GreenOnions
17-06-2015, 09:32 PM
I don't think that team would get promoted...we need more strength in our first 11

You could be right (and I would prefer Hanlon in my team along with Forster and Fontaine) - however, I think that although there's only one new player in that 11 I think there are a couple of key changes:

Firstly, Farid will be fit. He did well at the end of the season but was nowhere near match fit. Having a fit El Alagui and Malonga vying for the same starting slot will make a real difference for us; secondly - I think that we just need to alter the balance a bit in our midfield in order to translate our good play into end product against teams who pack their defence.

For much of last season we played some excellent and entertaining football - especially against Rangers and Hearts. We struggled against teams that had ten men behind the ball against us - including Rangers in the play-off. So much of our game was good I think we just lacked that bit of creativity / pace / movement in the final third for these games.

Boyle made a difference for us but I think Carmichael could do as well. These two offer something different from what Allan, Fyvie, McGeouch and Craig did as a group last season. I felt that by replacing just one of our midfielders with someone who would get up with the strikers from midfield and provide a bit of pace that would have been the difference for us and it would have taken us up last season.

I think adding either Boyle or Carmichael to a starting 11 throughout the season would add a different dimension to our game and allow our play to be more varied. A fit El Alagui should also help and will add physical presence to the team too.

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Yep. Pointless thread.

😂😂 ok gaffer 😉
It was a bit of discussion on a discussion board during a lull in the closed season

Mikey09
17-06-2015, 11:05 PM
 ok gaffer 
It was a bit of discussion on a discussion board during a lull in the closed season

Some folk are a barrel of laughs Callum... Best ignored. :rolleyes:

Andy74
17-06-2015, 11:20 PM
 ok gaffer 

Yep and I'm discussing how pointless it is picking a starting team a very long way before our squad is known.

RC1875
18-06-2015, 12:33 AM
Keeper?
Gray Fontaine Hanlon stevenson
Boyle allan fyvie Carmichael
Keatings farid

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2015, 06:32 AM
If we were to start the season with what we have now, this place would be in uproar, maybe thats why its a pointless exercise? :confused:

matty_f
18-06-2015, 11:06 AM
If we were to start the season with what we have now, this place would be in uproar, maybe thats why its a pointless exercise? :confused:

Does there need to be a point? Was just a time-filler thread more than anything else.

J-C
18-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Don't think that's the case G, looks like everyone is a bit bored seeing any signing news has dried up for the moment, there are loads of threads on this site I think are a waste of space and time, I just don't read them, simple as that.

GreenCastle
18-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Cummings 18 goals

Malonga 13 goals

Will be interesting to see how many Farid and Keatings can score this season.

Up front we will have some really good competition for places.

GreenOnions
18-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Everyone's entitled to their views I suppose. However, everyone will have different reasons for and ways of using this forum. If no-one is interested in a particular new post - no-one will reply to it. Although valid - suggesting that this is a pointless thread is perhaps the more pointless act IMO.

WeeRussell
18-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Does there need to be a point? Was just a time-filler thread more than anything else.

Exactly. Why not ban anyone from doing fantasy 11s too? no point when anyone having that team is so far away.

And nobody better dare predict that we will or won't finish above The Rangers next season. Not before we know exactly who each team has signed and the transfer door is firmly shut.

Was about to think what I might have for my tea tonight - no point though, who knows what the Mrs will bring home in the groceries.

.. unbelievable.

Unseen work
18-06-2015, 11:25 AM
It shows how far off we are for a title winning side imo, we have about 12 players (including Fontaine) of a high standard that we can rely on to get a result most weeks, we could do with a lot more competition as a squad as a whole so if someone is injured they can't 100% do a job.

The players not in the 12 I have said that we have signed still need to prove they can do it consistently enough, the ability is there though