PDA

View Full Version : All gone quiet

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2015, 09:52 AM
I find it stange that at a time when the club have improved their communication ten fold, we seem to have hit a spell where we're hearing nothing from the club.

I know we had a week of announcements, but we've now heard nothing in a week and a half, and its not like nothing has been happening - Scott Robertson leaving, Franck Dja DjeDje apparently leaving, and various reports that Martin Boyle has signed.

With the players returning for fitness tests next Thursday, hopefully we will be hearing things soon, including news on Fontaine, and 1 or 2 keepers.

Squealing pig
17-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Seen on Fb Dylan has signed don't know if true Leigh Griffiths page dunno if it's even real

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Seen on Fb Dylan has signed don't know if true Leigh Griffiths page dunno if it's even real

fake page apparently.

SlickShoes
17-06-2015, 10:00 AM
They need to go on holiday at some point, they obviously chose to stay back a bit and do some work before going away.

Most players are also away at this point too.

We are still getting the odd bits of news they just arent signings.

HH81
17-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I actually don't mind periods of nothing as some deals take more time than others.

As long as work is been done then we should wait. I trust Stubbs to replace the leaving players with better ones.

jdships
17-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I find it stange that at a time when the club have improved their communication ten fold, we seem to have hit a spell where we're hearing nothing from the club.

I know we had a week of announcements, but we've now heard nothing in a week and a half, and its not like nothing has been happening - Scott Robertson leaving, Franck Dja DjeDje apparently leaving, and various reports that Martin Boyle has signed.

With the players returning for fitness tests next Thursday, hopefully we will be hearing things soon, including news on Fontaine, and 1 or 2 keepers.

Even people employed by Football Clbs are entitled to holidays :greengrin:wink:

scoopyboy
17-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Nothing sinister Callum, it's just the time of year.

Brooster
17-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Stubbsy and Dempster are both on holiday.

Juice-Terry
17-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Even people employed by Football Clbs are entitled to holidays :greengrin:wink:

Are they ****!

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Nothing sinister Callum, it's just the time of year.

I just thought even on one of the news things hibs issue most days, we might have seen a wee bit tagged on the bottom saying "and we'd like to wish Franck Dja DjeDje all the best in all future endevours" kind of thing, just to have official confirmation from the club that he's left.

Lago
17-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Tend to agree, with pre season training rapidly approaching and the early signing euphoria fading feel the club needs to pick up the pace. We have no keepers, Keith Wright feeling it necessary to urge Scott Allen to stay, no more word about Fontain or Mcgeough (I know spelling) and the rangers already making noises about £1mil buys (I know they have no money) so Hibs really need to up their game in my opinion.

Brightside
17-06-2015, 11:27 AM
I just thought even on one of the news things hibs issue most days, we might have seen a wee bit tagged on the bottom saying "and we'd like to wish Franck Dja DjeDje all the best in all future endevours" kind of thing, just to have official confirmation from the club that he's left.

away strip.... :wink:

PatHead
17-06-2015, 12:12 PM

None of the above have been finalised yet and we all know Hibs don't announce anything until it is fully complete.

Jim44
17-06-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm not too concerned about the slowing down of communication from the club but I'm a bit worried about the definitive assurances that Sevco are skint and can't afford to spend any money on players. :cb

AndyM_1875
17-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Tend to agree, with pre season training rapidly approaching and the early signing euphoria fading feel the club needs to pick up the pace. We have no keepers, Keith Wright feeling it necessary to urge Scott Allen to stay, no more word about Fontain or Mcgeough (I know spelling) and the rangers already making noises about £1mil buys (I know they have no money) so Hibs really need to up their game in my opinion.

Rangers couldn't pay £500k to get Derek McInnes from Aberdeen as their new manager so they're not going to be making financial bids on other team's players. It'll strictly be Bosmans and Loan signings for them unless a new source of income is found.