PDA

View Full Version : robertson away

Mark79
16-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Just posted a thanks to hibs on twitter

bingo70
16-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Dissapointed by that. Won't be easy to replace him imo.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Just posted a thanks to hibs on twitter

Does it say where he is going to?

allezsauzee
16-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Sad to see him go, but I trust Stubbsie has a good replacement lined up.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Not good news. Thought he was a decent player and worked his socks off.

Wish him the best for the future wherever he goes.

I was going to add unless it's to Celtic, The Rangers or Hearts but I won't bother. :greengrin

HappyHibby93
16-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Shame, thought he was a decent player for us last year

EH6 Hibby
16-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Was he out of contract?

Aldo
16-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Was he out of contract?

Yip!

Brooster
16-06-2015, 05:26 PM
For the best. We need to move players on, especially ones who have contributed to our failures over the last two seasons. To allow us to sign better players we need to release or not resign the average players we already have.

3pm
16-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Not disappointed by this.

H18S NX
16-06-2015, 05:30 PM
........kin boooo

Pretty Boy
16-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Had a good enough season last year but he's not irreplaceable.

When you look at the players Stubbs has brought in I'd argue the vast majority have been of a better standard than Robertson so I'd trust us to get a replacement who is comparable at worst.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2015, 05:31 PM
For the best. We need to move players on, especially ones who have contributed to our failures over the last two seasons. To allow us to sign better players we need to release or not resign the average players we already have.

I agree

B.H.F.C
16-06-2015, 05:32 PM

I agree with this. He did quite well last season but was involved in the decline the year before then was part of a team that couldn't get back up.

I think it's for the best.

Brooster
16-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Had a good enough season last year but he's not irreplaceable.

When you look at the players Stubbs has brought in I'd argue the vast majority have been of a better standard than Robertson so I'd trust us to get a replacement who is comparable at worst.

Agreed. Stubbsy will slowly but surely replace everyone who was there when he arrived.

matty_f
16-06-2015, 05:34 PM
I like Robertson, I was impressed with how he won over a lot of the support with his performances last season, and even in the relegation season I thought he was one of the few who never looked like he was hiding.

I trust that Stubbs will find a replacement that does better though.

bigwheel
16-06-2015, 05:37 PM
I like Robertson, I was impressed with how he won over a lot of the support with his performances last season, and even in the relegation season I thought he was one of the few who never looked like he was hiding.

I trust that Stubbs will find a replacement that does better though.

well Stubbs must be setting a high benchmark is Robbo doesn't get a contract - He was a top professional..be interesting to see who else is coming in

bingo70
16-06-2015, 05:40 PM
well Stubbs must be setting a high benchmark is Robbo doesn't get a contract - He was a top professional..be interesting to see who else is coming in

He was generally seen as a defensive midfielder but I think we could miss his goals more. He was the only midfielder that pitched in, guessing he got about 8 or 9?

cabbageandribs1875
that's a pity, good luck to the guy though

EH6 Hibby
Yip!

Sounds like we have tried and failed to keep him then does it not? I'd have thought he'd have been told straight away if he wasn't in Stubbs plans. Maybe he wasn't getting as much money as he was already on.

The Leith Dutch
16-06-2015, 05:41 PM
He got stick from some parts of the support but I thought he was often the difference between us playing well and playing badly.

6 goals in 41 appearances for someone that wasn't really an attacking midfielder was a decent return.
Usually looked like he cared too.

Sorry to see him go but wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Onceinawhile
16-06-2015, 05:43 PM
He was generally seen as a defensive midfielder but I think we could miss his goals more. He was the only midfielder that pitched in, guessing he got about 8 or 9?

8 in 3 seasons. 4 last year. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Not hugely disappointed at the news, nor am I jumping for joy. Seriously short in midfield though, may need as many as 3 in.

Aldo
16-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Sounds like we have tried and failed to keep him then does it not? I'd have thought he'd have been told straight away if he wasn't in Stubbs plans. Maybe he wasn't getting as much money as he was already on.

He's was maybe hoping but didn't want to say anything until his contract officially expired?

Credit to him as it's been a bit of a rough time for him. Especially the first two seasons.

Michael
16-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Always liked Robertson. IMO, even in the season we went down he would generally put in an OK performance (which can't be said for many).

Andy74
16-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Agreed. Stubbsy will slowly but surely replace everyone who was there when he arrived.

Stevenson might outlast him.

Aldo
16-06-2015, 05:47 PM
8 in 3 seasons. 4 last year. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace. Not hugely disappointed at the news, nor am I jumping for joy. Seriously short in midfield though, may need as many as 3 in.

Would like to think Stubbs will have replacements in mind!

hibees 7062
16-06-2015, 05:47 PM
I agree

Yeah , pity we just gave one a new contract

Aldo
16-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Stevenson might outlast him.

One club player in the making??

Lewis has Hibs running through his veins I think!

snooky
16-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Robbo played better than he ever did in the last half season, IMO.
I thought he was quite good however, I think there's quite a few players out there who are equally quite good.

Thecat23
16-06-2015, 05:56 PM
St Johnston and St Mirren interested.

Franck Stanton
16-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Sorry to see him go, thought he was/is a good player, .....however having said that, I , like many others have already posted, think he isn't irreplaceable. I trust AS and am sure he will have some replacement[s] lined up. Good luck to the guy anyway, always seemed to care and gave his all for the jersey. Has , for some time, been muted to be joining St Johnstone.

DaveF
16-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Not fussed. Along with Craig, I'm OK with them departing and trust \ hope Stubbs has better in mind.

lucky
16-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Played well last year but not that fussed to see him go. Still can't believe he's been capped for Scotland

Billychaotic182
16-06-2015, 06:08 PM
We need at least 3 new midfielders now

bingo70
16-06-2015, 06:11 PM
8 in 3 seasons. 4 last year. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Not hugely disappointed at the news, nor am I jumping for joy. Seriously short in midfield though, may need as many as 3 in.

Stand corrected, I thought he scored more than that last season.

Scottie
16-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Played well last year but not that fussed to see him go. Still can't believe he's been capped for Scotland
:agree: Thanks Scott for your efforts

The Sundance Kid
16-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Stand corrected, I thought he scored more than that last season.

He scored 6 rather than 4, and only Cummings and Malonga scored more for us so did have a decent goal scoring record for a more defensive midfielder

Onion
16-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Decent in the Champ, but didn't do it often enough in the Prem - a disappointment. Sure Stubbs can do better.

bingo70
16-06-2015, 06:23 PM
He scored 6 rather than 4, and only Cummings and Malonga scored more for us so did have a decent goal scoring record for a more defensive midfielder

Sounds more like it.

Really poor goal return from our more attacking midfielders, for all Scott Allans praise we really need him to start pitching in with more goals.

Liberal Hibby
16-06-2015, 06:25 PM
We need at least 3 new midfielders now

Time for Handling and Stanton to step up?

hibees 7062
16-06-2015, 06:26 PM

:wink:

brog
16-06-2015, 06:27 PM
I liked Scott & he had a good attitude. However every player is replaceable & this news suggests AS must be fairly confident of having a strong midfield next season. Personally I think he may see Fyvie as the central man allowing Carmichael & hopefully Allan/Boyle to be given more freedom. Interesting times & a big change from a year ago!

yekimevol
16-06-2015, 06:28 PM
This leaves a massive whole in our midfield, there is now no defensive minded midfielder present. It will be very unbalanced and our very good defence last year will be put under more pressure and leak more goals, similar to man citys last year.

madhatter
16-06-2015, 06:32 PM
I honestly think this means that Stubbs has players lined up.

green day
16-06-2015, 06:34 PM
I honestly think this means that Stubbs has players lined up.

Yep, there are a lot of people pishing their pants and its only mid June!!!

Brooster
16-06-2015, 06:38 PM
This leaves a massive whole in our midfield, there is now no defensive minded midfielder present. It will be very unbalanced and our very good defence last year will be put under more pressure and leak more goals, similar to man citys last year.

Do you honestly think this 'massive hole' will still be there in 6 weeks? Do you think Stubbsy suddenly realised at 5 oclock that he needs to find a midfielder? Just calm down to a panic will ye.

Swedish hibee
16-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Good Luck Robbo :aok:

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2015, 06:41 PM

Has the season started and I missed it, when was the first game?

Diclonius
16-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Would have kept Robertson. Decent player and our only goal threat from midfield last season.

Aldo
16-06-2015, 06:45 PM

Every whole is fill able IMHO. Thought SR. Had a very good season and we saw what he is capable of. Unsung hero but will hope Stubbs has someone in mind to fill the gap!

SanFranHibs
16-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Just have to say that each player we had last season should be judged by Stubbs on last season and not on the season(s) prior. I am finding it tedious hearing 'they were part of our decline' and such. If that is sufficient criteria then all from the prior season(s) should go.

I would imagine Craig and Robertson simply do not fit into the way Stubbs sees his formation and style progressing. I actually thought they might improve considerably more next season under Stubbs now that the dust of the nightmare season has settled and we can see progress being made, somewhat. I thought this season would be difficult for some players who would feel the greater brunt of the fans anger until it was seen we were making progress.

Good luck to him.

emerald green
16-06-2015, 06:58 PM

Hope it's not St Mirren. Guaranteed to play a stormer every time against Hibs. :rolleyes:

Kato
16-06-2015, 07:01 PM

....highly accurate, unless we actually sign someone else...then it's not accurate at all...

Ozyhibby
16-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I liked Robertson and always felt he was up for every game but I'm glad he has gone. There is better available. The Yams had Gomis in that position last year and he performed better than Robertson there, so there is nothing to stop us going out and getting similar quality.

Not In The Know
16-06-2015, 07:12 PM
....highly accurate, unless we actually sign someone else...then it's not accurate at all...

TBH honest almost every big game he was always on the edge of getting booked or sent off or doing something crazy.

credit where due, he was great at ER against the The Rangers at Christmas.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-06-2015, 07:15 PM
I always rated Robertson before he joined and thought he did a decent job, despite not being as good as I expected him to be. I'd have preferred we keep him but agree with those that say he's replaceable.

Squealing pig
16-06-2015, 07:16 PM
All the best , great player

Eyrie
16-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Robertson was a decent player for us and I wish him well, but I have faith that Stubbs will bring in a natural holding midfielder to replace him.

jdships
16-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Are we not being somewhat disrespectful to AS, coaches, board et al in suggesting that we " now need three midfielders" as if there was a panic situation ?
Surely as " football people" the size/quality of the squad will have been addressed for months ?
The problem is can they achieve what they set out to do :greengrin

:flag::flag::flag:

basehibby
16-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Good luck to Robertson - he was one of Fenlon's best signings I think - a true box to box midfielder. He's a very decent player with a good bit of football in him and an exemplary work rate.

There was a wee period when he threatened to become a scapegoat for that section of our fans that always seem to need someone to hate in our team, but he shut them up by just being what he is - a good honest player who gives it all for the team going forward and back.

He'll have no lack of suitors I think, but I also have faith in Stubbs to spend the spare wage wisely so he goes with my best wishes :thumbsup:

J-C
16-06-2015, 07:33 PM
I keep reading people saying we're now short in midfield, where exactly?
We have Allan, Fyvie, Carmichael, Stanton & Handling with Boyle ( if he signs ) and Harris out wide.
It really all depends on what formation Stubbs goes with, if he plays with wingers it'll be 4-2-3-1 or flat 4-4-2

offshorehibby
16-06-2015, 07:35 PM
I liked Robertson all the beat but we are in the process of building a squad, some players need to move to improve the squad. I would imagine AS has players in mind.

Andy74
16-06-2015, 07:49 PM
We have Allan, Fyvie, Carmichael, Stanton & Handling with Boyle ( if he signs ) and Harris out wide.
It really all depends on what formation Stubbs goes with, if he plays with wingers it'll be 4-2-3-1 or flat 4-4-2

Being reliant on Stanton, Harris and Handling would be a major step back.

poolman
16-06-2015, 08:00 PM

Jings 😑

Soldiersteve
16-06-2015, 08:02 PM
This leaves a massive whole in our midfield, there is now no defensive minded midfielder present. It will be very unbalanced and our very good defence last year will be put under more pressure and leak more goals, similar to man citys last year.- Keep calm and ...................trust in Stubbs!

:wink: :flag:

B.H.F.C
16-06-2015, 08:06 PM

As things stand we are much weaker in midfield than we were last season.

J-C
16-06-2015, 08:09 PM
As things stand we are much weaker in midfield than we were last season.

As I said it depends on the system used, Carmichael has came in but a lot may depend on Stanton and Handling, if he deems them not good enough, then anither CM is needed but again depends if he's going with width this year.

B.H.F.C
16-06-2015, 08:11 PM
As I said it depends on the system used, Carmichael has came in but a lot msy depend on Stanton and Handling, if he deems them not good enough, then anither CM is needed but again depends if he's going with width this year.

We've lost 3 players. Replacing them with players behind them in the pecking order isn't going to improve us. Regardless of the system.

Brightside
16-06-2015, 08:11 PM
I'd really like to see Handling playing the Robertson role next season. I also think that is Stubbs plan.

Ricky Bobby
16-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Good luck to Scott in the future, a decent hard working player. I don't think with this news that we can afford to lose SA or not sign Dylan on a deal.

Jonnyboy
16-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I wasn't sure about Robbo when we signed him but over time I warmed to him. I called him Rubbertson because he seemed to have elastic legs when challenging for the ball :greengrin Good luck to him, wherever he ends up (unless it's Hearts or The Rangers)

Hamish
16-06-2015, 08:33 PM
St Johnstone apparently interested.

HTD1875
16-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Will get a club no bother and I suspect he will do not badly, Probably Falkirk or a bottom 6 spl team.

bingo70
16-06-2015, 08:56 PM
I wasn't sure about Robbo when we signed him but over time I warmed to him. I called him Rubbertson because he seemed to have elastic legs when challenging for the ball :greengrin Good luck to him, wherever he ends up (unless it's Hearts or The Rangers)

I liked him as a player but I could never take to people calling him robbo.

For that reason maybe it's for the best he moved on before it really caught on ;-)

anon1875
16-06-2015, 08:58 PM
If you think you're going to get better in the Robertson you're having a laugh. He worked hard and gave balance to the team which gave Allan the freedom he needed to go and create something. We can get in players that can do the job but Robertson is a proven SPL player.

S4uzee
16-06-2015, 08:59 PM
I'd really like to see Handling playing the Robertson role next season. I also think that is Stubbs plan.

Hope he has better in mind

Smartie
16-06-2015, 09:00 PM

Damn! Another perfectly good pair of underpants ruined!!

Onceinawhile
16-06-2015, 09:03 PM

Took my stats off Wikipedia,though maybe that only includes league goals?

jacomo
16-06-2015, 09:03 PM
If you think you're going to get better in the Robertson you're having a laugh. He worked hard and gave balance to the team which gave Allan the freedom he needed to go and create something. We can get in players that can do the job but Robertson is a proven SPL player.

I agree. Change is fine but a settled squad with a few enhancements in key areas is what I was hoping for. He was a regular last season, different to our other midfielders, chipped in with the odd goal.

Sorry to see him go.

Cod Boy
16-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Best of luck Scott

Ozyhibby
16-06-2015, 09:05 PM

Hearts managed it last season.

Jonnyboy
16-06-2015, 09:08 PM
I liked him as a player but I could never take to people calling him robbo.

For that reason maybe it's for the best he moved on before it really caught on ;-)

:greengrin

Lee Marvin
16-06-2015, 09:25 PM

I think you may be the one who is having the laugh! There is so much wrong with this post that it leaves me feeling like you are trolling.

anon1875
16-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Hearts managed it last season.
So did we, I could be proven wrong but I think we will be paying less wages than last year. I trust Stubbs though, there are players in this league and fringe players in the SPL that we could nick who could do a job for us.

Pretty Boy
16-06-2015, 09:34 PM

Stubbs has already signed 2 midfielders better than Robertson, I fail to see why it's having a laugh to suggest he can do so again.

GreenArmyyy!
16-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Gutted, would like to have kept Robertson, great engine on him, first box to box player since McGinlay in my opinion and the ultimate professional. I hope he gets another club soon and the rest of his career goes well.

Stuarty27
16-06-2015, 09:40 PM
As much as Craig and Robertson gave 100% every game there was no hiding that they simply aren't good enough.

Frees up a big wage that I've no doubt Stubbsy will fill up with better quality.

Bishop Hibee
16-06-2015, 09:45 PM
He had some good games for us but Fyvie is better as a holding midfielder in my opinion. Relaxed about it.

Smartie
16-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Gutted, would like to have kept Robertson, great engine on him, first box to box player since McGinlay in my opinion and the ultimate professional. I hope he gets another club soon and the rest of his career goes well.

I don't think we saw the best of him and whilst I think he had the potential to play the "Pat McGinlay" role I didn't ever see him do it to great effect at Hibs.

He was an average/ injured box to box midfielder in a very poor Fenlon/ Butcher side. He was decent as a defensive midfielder in a better Stubbs side, albeit in a lower division.

I'd imagine he was on a pretty good wage and that his contribution so far didn't match that wage (the same for Liam Craig).

I thought he had more to offer than he showed us (although there are many mitigating factors in his favour) and would have been happy to see him stay and play further forward.

He showed a great attitude throughout a very difficult time at our club and deserves huge praise for his professionalism.

But as it stands I'm not overly fussed about him going.

California-Hibs
16-06-2015, 10:18 PM

Fraser Fyvie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-06-2015, 10:35 PM
All the best to you Scott! Good, solid player who gave his all. Hope he can find a good club. Good luck!

J-C
16-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Being reliant on Stanton, Harris and Handling would be a major step back.

I don't think Stanton and Handling are ready yet but they should be, at the moment they're still back up, we need players ready to step up and make a difference when called upon but as I said it depends what tactic Stubbs will play this season.

AL-Qaholik
17-06-2015, 08:08 AM
BBC Gossip certainly make it sound like we wanted to keep him but he turned us down. If that's true, doesn't fill me with much confidence that we have a better replacement lined up...

carnoustiehibee
17-06-2015, 08:10 AM
BBC Gossip certainly make it sound like we wanted to keep him but he turned us down. If that's true, doesn't fill me with much confidence that we have a better replacement lined up...

Comes across as the opposite on his twitter

cam75
17-06-2015, 08:21 AM

And they got it from the sun,says it all !!!!

Gus
17-06-2015, 08:22 AM
All the best Robbo

To all the folk saying it's only June etc for replacements, I think it's important players are brought in asap as I imagine a lot of players AS will be looking at will be players from down south (maybe not) but if it is then these players will need to relocate etc.....things like that, get climatised to the city, area, where the training facilities are etc so when pre season starts they can hit the ground running

Salt N Sauzee
17-06-2015, 08:31 AM

I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a clause in his contract that if we didn't go up this year then his wages would be halved. Can't blame him for wanting to look elsewhere.

Disappointing if the club never offered him an improved contract as he was an important player for us IMO

SQHib
17-06-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a clause in his contract that if we didn't go up this year then his wages would be halved. Can't blame him for wanting to look elsewhere.

Disappointing if the club never offered him an improved contract as he was an important player for us IMO

Not disagreeing with your post S&S in any way but the harsh reality is Hibs can't offer improved contracts to everyone - there must be prioritisation going on it would seem - Robertson has done nothing wrong here just does not want to accept reduced terms - his right and we respect that.

the simple fact is as much as Hibs are being positive about next season and so they should we will have the hard core turning up weekly and buying season tickets etc and they have to budget on that - I think we've done pretty damn well to sign who we have tbh - we are where we are as they say

Salt N Sauzee
17-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Not disagreeing with your post S&S in any way but the harsh reality is Hibs can't offer improved contracts to everyone - there must be prioritisation going on it would seem - Robertson has done nothing wrong here just does not want to accept reduced terms - his right and we respect that.

the simple fact is as much as Hibs are being positive about next season and so they should we will have the hard core turning up weekly and buying season tickets etc and they have to budget on that - I think we've done pretty damn well to sign who we have tbh - we are where we are as they say

Aye you've got a point there mate, fair enough.

Still disappointing but that's the nature of football.

JimBHibees
17-06-2015, 10:30 AM

He signed when we were in the top league though would think it unlikely that this sort of clause would be in it. Unless he renewed in between of course. Thought he was a good professional for Hibs and did seem to be one of the few that cared in the relegation season. Thought both his and Hanlon's injuries were huge in us going down.

Hibiza
17-06-2015, 12:19 PM
All the best Scott.

GreenCastle
17-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Wish him all the best.

While not a flair play - did a job and brought experience.

A solid pro who did his job.

We do need to bring in more in midfield - ideally a goal scoring midfielder but can also see a defensive midfielder to break the opposition up.

Though we won't need a defensive midfielder in every game and another creative player different to Allen would help us breakdown teams who sit in.

Mcpakeisgod
17-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Little bit gutted by this. Was an absolute mainstay last season and rightly so, good luck to the man

heretoday
17-06-2015, 03:36 PM
I hope he doesn't end up at Tynecastle.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2015, 05:03 PM

The daft Hearts fans in my work today said exactly the same thing.

GreenOnions
17-06-2015, 05:27 PM

I suspect that the terms we offered might have been less than he was on before. I don't think that means we won't pay more - just that we won't pay more than that for Scott. It's all about how crucial is a particular player for a particular club at a particular time in the eyes of the manager. In this situation - not crucial enough I think.

FWIW I like Robertson and would have been happy if he'd stayed. However, I don't think he's really a defensive midfielder. He's more of a box-to-box guy naturally IMO and we have better players than him in the forward areas.

Greenworld
18-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Thats exactly what happened so he choose to leave......he wanted to stay but was to big a cut for him

J-C
18-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Thats exactly what happened so he choose to leave......he wanted to stay but was to big a cut for him

He would've been one of the higher earners, around £2-2.5k a week, so even if it was halved that's still a no bad wage but then again he was part of the team that got us relegated and part of the team that never got promotion, so we now have to cut our cloth accordingly, life can be tough sometimes.

col02
18-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Best of luck to Scott! Good professional and one of the few players the season we got relegated who could hold his head up high with the effort and performances he gave.

offshorehibby
18-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Reduced terms would have been offered because he would have been a good player to have in the squad but maybe not first choice. So, I'd guess AS has people in mind to improve the team.

I would have liked to have kept him but AS and his team have pulled of 2 or 3 excellent signing and i full expect a couple of gems to be found before the start of the season.

yekimevol
18-06-2015, 01:46 PM
The reason I was stating the massive hole left in the team and the worry about the defence is that most of our recent teams have had major balance issues that never get addressed; As much as I trust stubbsy our recent tract record worrys me.

S4uzee
19-06-2015, 07:55 AM
BBC gossip claiming he's signing for a Romanian team

Forza Fred
19-06-2015, 09:16 AM
The daft Hearts fans in my work today said exactly the same thing.

Would be an ideal target for St Mirren, if they could afford him

Turkish Green
19-06-2015, 09:39 AM

By all accounts the Yams are on a tight player budget, so very much doubt he'd end up there, plus isn't he a bit old to play in their U20s.

Robertson is 30 yrs old and it is the prime time for him to maximize his money. He needs to move abroad.

CB_NO3
20-06-2015, 09:18 AM
According to SkySports Robertson is away to Romania to play for FC Botosani. Good luck to him.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2015, 09:49 AM
According to SkySports Robertson is away to Romania to play for FC Botosani. Good luck to him.

Didn't take too long in getting that sorted, or must have known for a while

Geo_1875
20-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Huge move for him and he should get good money for the last few years of his career. Hope it works out for him.

GreenCastle
20-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Pretty random move to Romania considering he has family here etc.

Wish him all the best though - top pro.

This was his article in Evening News last night -

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scott-robertson-devastated-by-end-to-hibs-career-1-3806631

DH1875
20-06-2015, 11:47 AM

Never heard of them. He must be on big bucks to go there, no?

Dan Sarf
20-06-2015, 12:01 PM
From his interview: a brilliant summary of the difference between playing for Butcher and for Stubbs...

"It was like a different sport we were playing."

tamig
20-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Sorry to see Robbo go. Good luck for the future Scott.