PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN RECONNECT WITH EDINA HIBS

RSS Bot
16-06-2015, 03:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5502)

Ringothedog
16-06-2015, 04:42 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5502)

Excellent news. Our club is going from strength to strength with a total rebuild from top to bottom whilst retaining and building on our Hibernian values.

matty_f
16-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Excellent news. Our club is going from strength to strength with a total rebuild from top to bottom whilst retaining and building on our Hibernian values.

I think things like this and the link up with Spartans (and also Ormiston, IIRC?) are fantastic and show that the club are serious about engaging with the community,and also in looking at finding better ways to identify the best young players that are in the area.

We also seem to be increasing our presence and improving the identity of the club in what is essentially our catchment area for supporters and potential supporters.

As a former Edina Hibs player myself, I hope this partnership is fruitful for both parties.

monktonharp
16-06-2015, 05:21 PM
great to see this happening again. My Laddie was an Edina player until a serious road accident and I'm sure he will bee glad to see them connected once again with Hibernian. I worked with Jimmy Mc Manus doon the pit, great to see his name remembered by the club and Edina. absolute gent, and great Hibby.

Hibby Bairn
16-06-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't understand this. What does it actually mean, if anything?

monktonharp
16-06-2015, 05:34 PM
maybe a clue in what Keith Wright mentioned, or what other ex-Hibs players might think? I don't know :rolleyes:

stevie-bee
16-06-2015, 05:36 PM
There are 2 football clubs under the name Edina hibs and Edina hibs cfc , the cfc are the more successful club there u13 won the Scottish last year and won there league at u.14s this year, also think there u 13 this year won a cup

bingo70
16-06-2015, 05:38 PM

Edina get use of hibs coaches abd facilities sometimes abd I Pressume we get to cherry pick their best players.

Hope Edina keep their own identity though and are not too elitist now. I had a great time playing for Edina but if they were a hibs feeder club when I was a youngster I'd probably have been binned pretty quickly!

Brooster
16-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Excellent news. Hibs are making great strides in the local community. From an East Lothian point of view Im delighted with the link up with Tranent Juniors and Ormiston.

Brightside
16-06-2015, 07:48 PM
There are 2 football clubs under the name Edina hibs and Edina hibs cfc , the cfc are the more successful club there u13 won the Scottish last year and won there league at u.14s this year, also think there u 13 this year won a cup

But this isn't the CFC is it? This is the Edina out at the Jewel...not the one that plays at Northfield. This is the original Edina who i think don't have many if any teams at u12s...

Danderhall Hibs
16-06-2015, 10:23 PM

Never heard about this - I take it this all came about due to a petty dispute?