PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan and our board

Vini1875
16-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Do our board need a clear message from the fans regarding Scott Allan? I expect the huns to make a bid for him and our board should know what the fans would think should they decide to sell him to our likely rivals for the league. Cashing in is one thing and I'm sure Scott Allan alone won't make the difference between winning the league or being an also ran, but the board IMHO have to show clear intent by telling the huns to bolt if an offer comes in.

Selling to an English club or SPFL club would be hard to take but understandable if the money was substantial, but selling to the huns would be crazy I think.

jacomo
16-06-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the Board are aware of all this already.

But maybe you should smash Petrie's car up just to be sure? *

* was going to insert :wink: after this but not sure it's strong enough - please do not cause any criminal damage!

Geo_1875
16-06-2015, 03:12 PM

* was going to insert :wink: after this but not sure it's strong enough - please do not cause any criminal damage!

I think the board have a clear idea of the fans thinking on this and will be looking to strengthen our squad rather than weaken it. However, a little pre-emptive strike may not go amiss.

silverhibee
16-06-2015, 03:18 PM

"cars" :greengrin

Smartie
16-06-2015, 03:19 PM
The board will know (and share) the thoughts of the fans on this.

Allan might leave, if

1. Someone bids enough money for him for it to be financially beneficially for us to sell him. It is anyone's guess how much that might be.

2. He has some sort of clause in his contract that allows him to leave for a reduced fee/ for free if certain clubs in certain leagues were to be interested.

Scott Allan also has to be interested. He joined us for a reason - to get regular first team football. He is getting it here, it looks like he is getting a team built around him for next season, he looked to enjoy his football last season and he should be in a reasonable financial position for a man of his age after being on the books of an EPL club for a while. He is at a club where he has a good relationship with the fans, the manager and the other players.

His next move is a big one for him, he might want to make that move now. Or he might have a bit more to get from staying at Hibs for another season.

I don't think we should push him to stay beyond this season but enjoy him whilst he's here. But I think it's in everyone's best interests for him to stay another year.

The board will be fully aware of all of this.

FranckSuzy
16-06-2015, 03:29 PM

:tee hee:

They'll be company ones anyway so he wouldn't foot the bill :greengrin

Andy74
16-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Do our board need a clear message from the fans regarding Scott Allan? I expect the huns to make a bid for him and our board should know what the fans would think should they decide to sell him to our likely rivals for the league. Cashing in is one thing and I'm sure Scott Allan alone won't make the difference between winning the league or being an also ran, but the board IMHO have to show clear intent by telling the huns to bolt if an offer comes in.

Selling to an English club or SPFL club would be hard to take but understandable if the money was substantial, but selling to the huns would be crazy I think.
Don't really know where to start on this one..,,

Gerard
16-06-2015, 03:42 PM

helicopters and planes and royal train:wink::greengrin

Ricky Bobby
16-06-2015, 03:45 PM
I was speaking to a friend of Douglas Park at the rangers and he told me Scott was in talks with him last week. If this happens to be true i presume it is outwith our boards knowledge and Scott would know he should not be holding any unofficial talks. He is a boyhood rangers fan and if he spits out the dummy and decides he wants a move, our board can't do much else but try and cash in.
Hopefully it's all bull, but he seems to think he's "in the know".

CapitalGreen
16-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I was speaking to a friend of Douglas Park at the rangers and he told me Scott was in talks with him last week. If this happens to be true i presume it is outwith our boards knowledge and Scott would know he should not be holding any unofficial talks. He is a boyhood rangers fan and if he spits out the dummy and decides he wants a move, our board can't do much else but try and cash in.

Scott was in Ibiza last week so that's probably pish...

Smartie
16-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Scott's already made one ill-advised career decision.

I'd be surprised if he held any sorts of talks with a club without them having a manager - I'd imagine he'd find this a pretty important factor in any move.

If such a discussion were to happen this week I'd be less surprised, unfortunately, but I still don't think that going to The Rangers would be a good career move for him. We give him a lot more leeway to try things that might not come off than he'd get there. They'd go mental at some of his profligacy.

Nah, he wants to stay here.

jdships
16-06-2015, 03:55 PM

Exactly !!
OP obviously doesn't rate our board . :confused:

Shrekko

..and if they're speaking to anyone it's the agent, so yeah I don't think Park's 'pal' is ITK.

bigwheel

So let's just think about this for a minute. A Rangers Director and investor is speaking to a potential signing. Do we really think that's how things happen on the football side? Do we think our directors routinely get involved in transfer business? Is it in any way likely this is the truth? Barely, I would suggest. His agent would be mighty cheesed off. It's doing him out of a role. They didn't wait until Weir or Warburton came in ?(even though by then they would know to was happening).

Rangers fans clearly want Allan. I'm sure even the club do...but the chance of any dialogue happened outside of Agent contact is pretty remote...

And I suspect the "friend of Douglas Park" is just hoping it's true...

If they want him, they will have to ge tether cheque book out...and as they are in the same league, if we do a deal for anything less than £1M we would be mad....

Ricky Bobby
16-06-2015, 03:57 PM

The guy I was talking to is a significant shareholder with them. I know that does'nt mean much, he just seemed pretty sure. Hopefully just giving his mind a treat.

Caversham Green
16-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I think it's worth pointing out that two members of the board were appointed to represent the fans. There should be no need to send any further messages.

shetlandhibee
16-06-2015, 05:15 PM
The guy I was talking to is a significant shareholder with them. I know that does'nt mean much, he just seemed pretty sure. Hopefully just giving his mind a treat.
mike ashley??:wink:

monktonharp
16-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Scott was in Ibiza last week so that's probably pish... Nope, you picked it up wrong. he had a Pizza last week

Carheenlea
16-06-2015, 05:30 PM

My mate spotted him putting Penny Arcade on the jukebox in Big Billy`s Ibrox Bar over there last week.
He`s gone :boo hoo:

Jim44
16-06-2015, 05:54 PM
My mate spotted him putting Penny Arcade on the jukebox in Big Billy`s Ibrox Bar over there last week.
He`s gone :boo hoo:

According to FF, they expect Scott Allan, Lewis Allan and Danny Wilson to be Warburton's first signings. If our board/Stubbs sell to Sevco, it will be a huge indication of their ambition to win the Championship. And I'm not interested in the 'unhappy' player issue.

Jim44
16-06-2015, 06:04 PM
According to FF, they expect Scott Allan, Lewis Allan and Danny Wilson to be Warburton's first signings. If our board/Stubbs sell to Sevco, it will be a huge indication of their ambition to win the Championship. And I'm not interested in the 'unhappy' player issue.

FF snippets :

Plus our main rivals for the Championship aint gonna sell us their best player. Duh

Finances are very tight there, I wouldn't be so sure. I would be waiting until the last day of the transfer window just to properly ***** them up as well.

If he was prepared to play for us during McCoist's time then the likelyhood is that he's be more than happy to come now.

tamig
16-06-2015, 06:05 PM

Indeed. Strange post.

tamig
16-06-2015, 06:07 PM

Lewis Allan? Where did they get that from?

147lothian
16-06-2015, 06:40 PM

A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made

SquashedFrogg
16-06-2015, 08:03 PM

Players hold all the power. If a player (especially in his last contracted year) is offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere and asks to leave. He will leave.

Frustrating as hell but that's how it works.

It's not an indication of our ambition, it's an indication of what we can pay and what the player wants. Pretty simple really.

Welcome to modern football.

Greenworld
16-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Not true

majorhibs
16-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Players hold all the power. If a player (especially in his last contracted year) is offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere and asks to leave. He will leave.

Frustrating as hell but that's how it works.

It's not an indication of our ambition, it's an indication of what we can pay and what the player wants. Pretty simple really.

Welcome to modern football.

To sell to your main upcoming rivals? To weaken yourselves while strengthening your main adversaries? Worked really well for Dun. Utd. Last season wi the tic. Know any D Utd fans do you? I do. They are how I imagine I would be when YOUR club strengthens YOUR main rivals just before a big challenge against them. Absolutely livid doesnae start to describe it. Not "modern football" as you describe it - football/financial/goodwill suicide to go down that route. But you & the "modern" wi it brigade ken better, eh? Just naw! Dinnae weaken yourselves while strengthening your rivals at the same time. Unless you have some rocket science which tells us how doing that would result in us promoted automatically next season? :confused:

Kato
16-06-2015, 08:46 PM
A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made

The worst possible move for SA (or any player in that mould) is to go Tynie.

anon1875
16-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Rangers are skint, can't even pay back Ashely so how are they going to fund 500k for Scott Allan? I do not think the board would sell to Rangers anyway, especially since we have a really good shot at winning the league with Allan in the side.

Waxy
16-06-2015, 08:56 PM
A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is madewhy would he go to them? A club the same size as the one he's at now? They wont be able to pay him any more than we do and he's obviously going to a far bigger paycheck after he leaves us, be it now or next season.I think its safe to say he wont be signing for hearts.

GreenLake
16-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Allan to the Huns strengthens them and weakens us. It's a no brainier. Hibs should offer him an increased contract and show that we recognize his importance. Send a message to Kling that we are in their league and we won't be bought.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2015, 08:59 PM

Hearts fans are absolute ****ing idiots though

SquashedFrogg
16-06-2015, 09:01 PM
To sell to your main upcoming rivals? To weaken yourselves while strengthening your main adversaries? Worked really well for Dun. Utd. Last season wi the tic. Know any D Utd fans do you? I do. They are how I imagine I would be when YOUR club strengthens YOUR main rivals just before a big challenge against them. Absolutely livid doesnae start to describe it. Not "modern football" as you describe it - football/financial/goodwill suicide to go down that route. But you & the "modern" wi it brigade ken better, eh? Just naw! Dinnae weaken yourselves while strengthening your rivals at the same time. Unless you have some rocket science which tells us how doing that would result in us promoted automatically next season? :confused:

Steady mate. I stated that I'm not exactly over the moon with how these things work but history (post Bosman) shows that players have the power. Even the biggest clubs in the world suffer from this.

For me he's an absolute gem of a player and I'd love to do a Jim McLean and sign him up for 10 years but we can't so we need to accept that. We also need to remind ourselves that 'contracts' are no longer a source of power over a player.

Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen have all suffered in the last number of years through this scenario. Maybe I'm just a bit more pragmatic through recent experience of this. I've watched plenty of 'dyed in the wool' Hibees head West for extra cash in the last few years, so why would a player who has only been with us for 1 season have a different view? (obviously all hypothetical at this point)

The only thing we can do (again, hypothetical) is make sure we get the best deal for the club financially.

e.g. If Messi says he wants to leave Barcelona tomorrow to join Real Madrid, there's every chance it would happen.

Modern football.

SquashedFrogg
16-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Allan to the Huns strengthens them and weakens us. It's a no brainier. Hibs should offer him an increased contract and show that we recognize his importance. Send a message to Kling that we are in their league and we won't be bought.

If we can offer him more then great. Lets break the wage structure for him. But what does Fraser Fyvie say? Or Gray? Or Malonga?

My hope is that he's a decent lad, who respects what we have done for him and accepts a relatively modest increase and then stays for another year at least.

My gut feeling is we have probably offered him everything we can (money, captaincy, Petrie's tache etc) and it may still not be enough. Lets not forget he left Dundee Utd after a handful of games to better himself and make more money so maybe, just maybe, that's his mindset?

I also happen to believe that our current manager and board recognise his importance and are not only trying very hard to get him to stay, but have contingency plans for a replacement. (should the worst happen).

Jim44
16-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Lewis Allan? Where did they get that from?

Sorry, slip of the tongue. Meant Lewis McLeod.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Rangers will be making a formal offer for allan and how to sign him before the window closes..........came from a yam at work

Hannah_hfc
16-06-2015, 11:06 PM
I think most clubs up here would like to think Allan was signing for them, have had Aberdeen fans claim to have seen him at Pittodrie for a medical the day after our last game of the season, load of p!sh being my response.

Scott said himself a few months ago that he was staying next season and i'd like to think he'll stick to that, simply due to being happy with his football and happy with a manager like Stubbs who has essentially saved a stalling career.

I'd be very shocked if Hibs sold to Rangers, I think we're past those days.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Kato
16-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Hearts fans are absolute ****ing idiots though

Grade A

Onion
17-06-2015, 06:15 AM

Warburton will not have seen or even heard of any of these players. He'll have a whole list of others who he WILL know a lot about and who he thinks will do a job. Get the sense W is his own man and will want to succeed or fail on his own terms, not using ideas from backroom staff who've failed in the past.

Onion
17-06-2015, 06:17 AM
I think most clubs up here would like to think Allan was signing for them, have had Aberdeen fans claim to have seen him at Pittodrie for a medical the day after our last game of the season, load of p!sh being my response.

Scott said himself a few months ago that he was staying next season and i'd like to think he'll stick to that, simply due to being happy with his football and happy with a manager like Stubbs who has essentially saved a stalling career.

I'd be very shocked if Hibs sold to Rangers, I think we're past those days.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sevco are in no position to pay money for any player, and Hibs are not going to hand him over for free. End of.

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Not saying that Allan will go to sevco or even that he'd want to go to sevco but that said and speaking generally:

The issue here is not actually with the Old firm (much as I detest the pair of them).
It's with the player themselves - if any player decides they want to play for a particular club and sets their mind on that there is pretty much nothing their current club can do about it other than to negociate the best deal.

Hibs can - and should - make the best offer they can make to the player without either over extending financially or creating a disruptive imbalance between one player's wage compared to the rest of the players but that in itself is often not enough when a player has decided their future lies with one of the ugly sisters.

This is why it's not about Hibs as a club, their ambition or a message to the fans.

All of the above rationality will not of course stop me being utterly raging if Scott Allan is with sevco next season :)

Hopefully it's not an issue due to another hilarious financial collapse at the hun that finishes their shameful club off.

Jim44
17-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Warburton will not have seen or even heard of any of these players. He'll have a whole list of others who he WILL know a lot about and who he thinks will do a job. Get the sense W is his own man and will want to succeed or fail on his own terms, not using ideas from backroom staff who've failed in the past.

Being his own man won't stop Warburton from hearing about SA and doing his own homework on him. I'm sure there is enough anecdotal evidence to interest him and I've no doubt that he will be on Sevco's radar soon if not already. Scott Allan's future lies with the extent his head is turned by the likes of Sevco but more importantly with Stubb's ability to persuade him to stay and develope. There are occasionally times when the 'every player has his price' rule must be broken.

Jim44
17-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Sevco are in no position to pay money for any player, and Hibs are not going to hand him over for free. End of.

I wouldn't bank on the first point. They're talking about upwards of a £10m budget in Sevco forums and, ok, that's hardly a reliable source of information but I don't think Warburton would have even considered Ibrox had a commitment to buy not been offered. I hear what folk are saying about Sevco being skint but nobody really knows what King and his cronies will come up with and IMHO the 'end of' is a bit premature here.

Greenworld
17-06-2015, 06:50 AM
I think we should calm down if he goes he goes he is a very good player but im sure stubbs and co could bring in another very good midfielder....hearts didnt havd a scott allan last year and I think re would all agree did alright.

Hibbyradge
17-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Unless it was silly money which Stubbs could use to bring in someone as good or better (unlikely), Hibs will not sell Scot Allan to Rangers, imo.

However, I doubt that he will sign an extension to his current contract so my worry is that Rangers might approach him in January with the intention of signing him on a pre-contract.

If that happened, Scott's incentive to help Hibs win the league would greatly diminish.

In some ways, if Stubbs already has replacements in mind, we might do well to sell him elsewhere now.

It's all speculation of course, and it's easy to let one's imagination run riot during the close season! :hyper

tamig
17-06-2015, 07:29 AM

Ah right - cheers.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-06-2015, 07:47 AM

do you use your tongue to type messages? that must take some training! :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
17-06-2015, 07:53 AM
do you use your tongue to type messages? that must take some training! :thumbsup:

It's only option when both your hands are occupied elsewhere!

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-06-2015, 07:57 AM
It's only option when both your hands are occupied elsewhere!

i wouldnt have thought our rumour page was that exciting....

GreenOnions
17-06-2015, 09:31 AM

It could deal very effectively with that annoying build-up of dust on the keyboard though

nellio
17-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Just a mention about Danny Wilson. Why would he active a cleause in his contraact where he can leave the yams a year before a deal is up to just drop back down again into the championship on they same if not less money that he was on at Hearts???? Makes no sense at all???? Sounds like nonsense to me.

bigwheel
17-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Just a mention about Danny Wilson. Why would he active a cleause in his contraact where he can leave the yams a year before a deal is up to just drop back down again into the championship on they same if not less money that he was on at Hearts???? Makes no sense at all???? Sounds like nonsense to me.

I think it would require more money for that switch to occur..I'm sure he would get that at Rangers too..

Vini1875
17-06-2015, 10:17 AM
I don't trust our board. When it comes to money they will simply balance the books and hope that Alan Stubbs can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Selling Scott Allan to a club in England I could accept, but selling to the huns would be an extremely bitter pill after many other bitter pills. Our board get such an easy ride from us the fans and they still expect us to turn up, no matter what they do. We are far too accepting. While we have any chance of promotion we should not sell anyone to our rivals.

scoopyboy
17-06-2015, 10:18 AM

They have.

Andy74
17-06-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't trust our board. When it comes to money they will simply balance the books and hope that Alan Stubbs can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Selling Scott Allan to a club in England I could accept, but selling to the huns would be an extremely bitter pill after many other bitter pills. Our board get such an easy ride from us the fans and they still expect us to turn up, no matter what they do. We are far too accepting. While we have any chance of promotion we should not sell anyone to our rivals.

I trust our board more than I do the intentions of some of our fans.

I just don't see the point of this sort of stuff when nothing has happened. People are moving on, backing the club with what it is trying to do, maybe we should be critical when there is something to ctiticise and not try and create that time and again?

Deansy
17-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Ha-ha-ha - their imagination NEVER stops getting wilder and wilder, eh - I suppose it's better than facing reality !

JimBHibees
17-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Ha-ha-ha - their imagination NEVER stops getting wilder and wilder, eh - I suppose it's better than facing reality !

Agree I would like to think there is next to no chance of him going to Rangers if he is going anywhere especially given we are in the same league. There is I would imagine ten times less chance he would be ever allowed to sign for Hearts when still under contract at Hibs.

Caversham Green
17-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Why don't you trust Frank Dougan or Amit Moudgil? Or Leeann Demspter?

SunshineOnLeith
17-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Unless it was silly money which Stubbs could use to bring in someone as good or better (unlikely), Hibs will not sell Scot Allan to Rangers, imo.

However, I doubt that he will sign an extension to his current contract so my worry is that Rangers might approach him in January with the intention of signing him on a pre-contract.

If that happened, Scott's incentive to help Hibs win the league would greatly diminish.

In some ways, if Stubbs already has replacements in mind, we might do well to sell him elsewhere now.

It's all speculation of course, and it's easy to let one's imagination run riot during the close season! :hyper

Another 6 months like the 12 he's put in so far and he'll have far bigger offers than Rangers.

Unseen work
17-06-2015, 11:44 AM
No need for the club to put up a message as nothing has happened. He is our player as it stands, in anything changes they will let us know

GreenLake
17-06-2015, 11:49 AM
If we can offer him more then great. Lets break the wage structure for him. But what does Fraser Fyvie say? Or Gray? Or Malonga?

My hope is that he's a decent lad, who respects what we have done for him and accepts a relatively modest increase and then stays for another year at least.

My gut feeling is we have probably offered him everything we can (money, captaincy, Petrie's tache etc) and it may still not be enough. Lets not forget he left Dundee Utd after a handful of games to better himself and make more money so maybe, just maybe, that's his mindset?

I also happen to believe that our current manager and board recognise his importance and are not only trying very hard to get him to stay, but have contingency plans for a replacement. (should the worst happen).

I hope they included a decent pole so he can sweep up his garage with it.

SunshineOnLeith
17-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I for one am furious that a totally hypothetical situation hasn't been hypothetically averted. FFS Petrie!

When does the football start again?

EH6 Hibby
17-06-2015, 11:58 AM
I trust our board more than I do the intentions of some of our fans.

I just don't see the point of this sort of stuff when nothing has happened. People are moving on, backing the club with what it is trying to do, maybe we should be critical when there is something to ctiticise and not try and create that time and again?

I've been thinking the exact same thing reading the transfer thread and then this one, some folk are getting extremely wound up about something that probably won't happen. :confused:

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Scott Allan is under contract to Hibs. Fact.

Scott Allan wants to stay at Hibs. Fact.

George Craig stated that the club want to hold onto players like Scott Allan. Fact.

Rangers have no money. Fact.

Rangers will be our main rivals for the title this season. Fact.

The damage between the fans and club has been repaired over the the past year. Fact.

Selling Scott Allan to the Huns would undo all that work. Fact.

Anything else I need to add?

anon1875
17-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Loads of Huns in work today winding me up saying they're "gony take Scott Allan for pennies" 650k is the figure and that. They're convinced King is going to spend big, it's funny all this is coming out just as it's time to renew season tickets. Personally if they were going to spend big surely Ashleys loan would of been paid back quickstyle?

SquashedFrogg
17-06-2015, 02:41 PM

George Craig stated that the club want to hold onto players like Scott Allan. Fact.

The damage between the fans and club has been repaired over the the past year. Fact.

Nope, nothing else. The bit in bold sorts it all out for me.

I love a good 'fact' :aok:

Cod Boy
17-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Loads of Huns in work today winding me up saying they're "gony take Scott Allan for pennies" 650k is the figure and that. They're convinced King is going to spend big, it's funny all this is coming out just as it's time to renew season tickets. Personally if they were going to spend big surely Ashleys loan would of been paid back quickstyle?

didn't they sing about signing Scott Brown when he was at Hibs.

duffers
17-06-2015, 04:17 PM
didn't they sing about signing Scott Brown when he was at Hibs.

Did give fans not respond by singing 'Scott brown, you can't afford Scott brown' which ironically, is a similar story to what we have year. I'm confident SA will be with us next year. If he wants to move on after this season, he will go with my best wishes.

147lothian
17-06-2015, 04:50 PM

Aye totally mate, this was based on sad yams claim, that Neilson hugged and spoke to Scott at the end of the final derby last season, after the final whistle something I never saw and I also never saw many still in the dunbar end at the final whistle, its as far fetched as the hun share holders claim to have seen Scott at Murray Park, while he's on holiday, lets just wait for an announcement so that the crap you hear gets seen for what it is speculation, rumor, guesswork and s1ht

s.a.m
17-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Aye totally mate, this was based on sad yams claim, that Neilson hugged and spoke to Scott at the end of the final derby last season, after the final whistle something I never saw and I also never saw many still in the dunbar end at the final whistle, its as far fetched as the hun share holders claim to have seen Scott at Murray Park, while he's on holiday, lets just wait for an announcement so that the crap you hear gets seen for what it is speculation, rumor, guesswork and s1ht

The hug and the chat definitely happened; I saw it. If I was tapping someone up, though, I probably wouldn't be doing it front of their boss, colleagues, and 15000 partisan spectators.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Folk need to calm down a bit. As of yet there is absolutely no decision to be made regards Scott Allan. He's our player, has a contract, there have been no (public) bids for him and he has expressed a desire to stay.

If and when that changes then a decision will have to be made, all I am seeing on this thread is a few folk getting their knickers in a twist about hypothetical situations they seem to have invented in their own heads. The board are actively working to get fans back on side and will be more than aware of the feelings of fans regarding Allan, unless we receive a bid that is too good for both player and club to turn down (and that won't come from Ibrox) the there is no decision to be made.

shetlandhibee
17-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Folk need to calm down a bit. As of yet there is absolutely no decision to be made regards Scott Allan. He's our player, has a contract, there have been no (public) bids for him and he has expressed a desire to stay.

If and when that changes then a decision will have to be made, all I am seeing on this thread is a few folk getting their knickers in a twist about hypothetical situations they seem to have invented in their own heads. The board are actively working to get fans back on side and will be more than aware of the feelings of fans regarding Allan, unless we receive a bid that is too good for both player and club to turn down (and that won't come from Ibrox) the there is no decision to be made.
:top marks

SquashedFrogg
17-06-2015, 05:43 PM

Agree PB. My points last night were purely hypothetical but making the point to a particular post in that, with the best will in the world, if a player (any player) wants to move (to any club) then there's a very distinct chance it will happen.

I'm sure Allan and the club will get something resolved. Another year or two minimum with us could see him ready for another crack at the EPL. That way he fulfils his undoubted potential and we get a fair wedge in return.

Our new management structure is solid and I've no doubt will ensure we have the best squad possible for next year.

ancient hibee
17-06-2015, 05:48 PM
I would think that it'll be put to Allan that finishing the season as one of the main players in the outsiders who kept Rangers in the Championship will open plenty doors for him.

Gerard
17-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Our club will do the right thing for our club. I trust the CEO, directors and the staff in their decisions.:wink:

DTS
17-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Can I just add is it just me that almost likes the fact that we are actually worried about losing a player when was the last time we actually had a player attracting interest and commanding a transfer fee? I'm pretty confident that Scott Allan will be playing for us next season but if not I highly doubt he will be playing for another Scottish team

SquashedFrogg
17-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Can I just add is it just me that almost likes the fact that we are actually worried about losing a player when was the last time we actually had a player attracting interest and commanding a transfer fee? I'm pretty confident that Scott Allan will be playing for us next season but if not I highly doubt he will be playing for another Scottish team

100% agree. Great shout.

If we have a team full of players who we are worried about leaving, then that can only be a good thing? Suggests (and the signs so far are promising) that we, as a club, are doing something right.

I'd rather watch a team which has scouts from all over Europe in our stands looking at them than one which doesn't.

I like your thinking :top marks

*For the record I actually hate worrying about players leaving*

DTS
17-06-2015, 07:28 PM
100% agree. Great shout.

If we have a team full of players who we are worried about leaving, then that can only be a good thing? Suggests (and the signs so far are promising) that we, as a club, are doing something right.

I'd rather watch a team which has scouts from all over Europe in our stands looking at them than one which doesn't.

I like your thinking :top marks

*For the record I actually hate worrying about players leaving*

Obviously I hate the thought of Scott Allan leaving but I'd rather be worried about a player leaving for a fee than hoping a team comes in and takes our players on a free so we can avoid a pay off or the likes

Bad Martini
18-06-2015, 11:25 AM

You give them too much credit :greengrin

Regards anything else you need to add....just a simple, clear, unequivocal and irrefutable...

ENDOF (FACT) :thumbsup: