PDA

View Full Version : League Cup 1st round draw

Diclonius
16-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Anyone know when this is?

The English one was just made today.

KdyHby
16-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Strangely Petrofac Cup draw dates are here but not league cup http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

CallumLaidlaw
16-06-2015, 10:23 AM
last year it was made on the 10th July

GreenArmyyy!
16-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Strangely Petrofac Cup draw dates are here but not league cup http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

Hate having to play in that stupid competition.

Mathias Jack
16-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Strangely, it isn't listed amongst the key dates on the SPFL website :confused:

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

The Leith Dutch
16-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Hate having to play in that stupid competition.

Raises a (possibly) interesting question - do people think we should take the Petrofac seriously in the sense of gelling the main team and trying to win or is it a hindrance that we should use as a way of giving game time to the younger players?

Don't mean any of that to sound like we're an arrogant team that's "too big" for the competition btw.

Humo
16-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Raises a (possibly) interesting question - do people think we should take the Petrofac seriously in the sense of gelling the main team and trying to win or is it a hindrance that we should use as a way of giving game time to the younger players?

Don't mean any of that to sound like we're an arrogant team that's "too big" for the competition btw.

Depends how far we get in it tbh last season we had The Rangers straight away and it was a good pre season match. So it depends who we get and how long we're in the competition for but I think we should be going into next season with a view to win every game we play in

hibee92
16-06-2015, 01:15 PM

Play the kids/fringe players/players not match fit. Couldn't care less about it.

erin go bragh
16-06-2015, 03:16 PM
The quadruple is on 😄

GGTTH

monktonharp
16-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Depends how far we get in it tbh last season we had The Rangers straight away and it was a good pre season match. So it depends who we get and how long we're in the competition for but I think we should be going into next season with a view to win every game we play in did not seem to help,as a pre-season match. we got beat, and were miles of the pace results wise, after 6 weeks! . agree we should go into every match, with the idea of winning though.

Brooster
16-06-2015, 06:09 PM

Might be worth treating it as a horses for courses depending on the draw. We should always look to play fringe players and u20s. If for example we draw Albion Rovers at home we could play 8 or 9 of these guys but if we draw St Mirren away we could restrict it to 3 or 4. Either way we should be looking to win the Petrofac Cup, it can only be good for the club.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2015, 06:19 PM
First round - Saturday August 1, 2015

Second round - Tuesday/Wednesday August 25/26, 2015

Third round - Tuesday/Wednesday September 22/23, 2015

Quarter-finals - Tuesday/Wednesday October 27/28, 2015

Semi-finals - Saturday/Sunday January 30/31, 2016

Final - Sunday March 13, 2016

lord bunberry
16-06-2015, 07:38 PM
First round - Saturday August 1, 2015

Second round - Tuesday/Wednesday August 25/26, 2015

Third round - Tuesday/Wednesday September 22/23, 2015

Quarter-finals - Tuesday/Wednesday October 27/28, 2015

Semi-finals - Saturday/Sunday January 30/31, 2016

Final - Sunday March 13, 2016
Are we in the first round?

Billy Whizz
16-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Are we in the first round?

Yup

Bishop Hibee
16-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Yup

I had hoped for a decent friendly on this weekend. That's up the swanny.

lord bunberry
16-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Yup
Does that mean our first 2 competitive games are cup games?

Hibernian Verse
17-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Don't see why we wouldn't just go out to win it, as we should with every competitive game we play.

Big_Franck
17-06-2015, 11:16 AM
We should play a combination of our subs and U20s in every game in this micky mouse competition. It will only distract us from the league which is the only thing that matters this season IMO.

I can honestly say I couldnt care less if we won it, I doubt i'd even go to the final.

Taz_hibee
17-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Don't see why we wouldn't just go out to win it, as we should with every competitive game we play.

I agree, dont see the sense in this dont want to win attitude, we should go into every game with an aim to win it and I would happily enjoy a day out to the final :thumbsup: :gwa:

calumhibee1
17-06-2015, 02:09 PM
We should play a combination of our subs and U20s in every game in this micky mouse competition. It will only distract us from the league which is the only thing that matters this season IMO.

I can honestly say I couldnt care less if we won it, I doubt i'd even go to the final.

Serious question here, are you saying that despite the fact you don't go to games anyway? Or do you regularly go and wouldn't go to the final because of what cup it is? As a season ticket holder I hope we win the competition and I'll 100% be at the final if we get there. Even if it was up in Aberdeen or something along those lines. :agree:

GreenCastle
17-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Want to win everything we play!

We don't win much and aren't Chelsea so don't have the luxury to play fringe players.

Though promotion is key - the double or quadruple would be nice.

DH1875
17-06-2015, 05:55 PM

We are talking about the league cup final here and no the petro cup thingy. IF we made the final there'd be about 30k hibs fans looking for a ticket.