PDA

View Full Version : Pre season fixtures

oconnors_strip
15-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Has anyone got a note of all the pre season games, including the hibs XI fixtures? Need to plan holidays around them

Brooster
16-06-2015, 07:54 AM
The ones I'm aware of so far:

Saturday 11th July - Ormiston v Hibs XI
Tuesday 14th - Berwick Rangers v Hibs
Saturday 18th - Dunfermline v Hibs
Saturday 18th - Tranent Tournament - Tranent, Hibs XI, Haddington, Ormiston
Tuesday 21st - Ayr United v Hibs
Wednesday 22nd - Tranent v Hibs XI.

CallumLaidlaw
16-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Stubbs seemed to indicate on his latest HTV interview that some more will be announced in the coming days.

Bayern Bru
16-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Given Everton are up in Scotland at the end of July, I would be incredibly surprised if one of their other two fixtures (they've agreed a match against Dundee) wasn't against us.

:thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
16-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Given Everton are up in Scotland at the end of July, I would be incredibly surprised if one of their other two fixtures (they've agreed a match against Dundee) wasn't against us.

If it is Everton, I hope they confirm early, as I would like to get back for that one.

SteveHFC
16-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Hopefully it''ll be after the 17th of july. :agree:

Dublin07
16-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Hopefully it''ll be after the 17th of july. :agree:

Everton are playing in Singapore on 18th mate so it will be end of July if it happens. They are playing Dundee 28th at Dens Park. Hopefully we can re-arrange our Petrofac game for midweek and play them Saturday 25th.

hibee_girl
16-06-2015, 12:31 PM
We've a free Saturday on August 1st haven't we? Imagine they'll get a friendly lined up for then

andrew70
16-06-2015, 01:05 PM
We've a free Saturday on August 1st haven't we? Imagine they'll get a friendly lined up for then

Is that not the first round of the league cup?

hfc rd
16-06-2015, 01:05 PM

The Yams will be playing at home that day as the Premiership season starts on that weekend.

hibee_girl
16-06-2015, 01:07 PM

:dunno:

SteveHFC
16-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Everton are playing Dundee on the 28th of July.

Iceman1875
16-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Did I not read somewhere that we are playing East Fife on the 4th of July?

At Easter Road we play...

SteveHFC
16-06-2015, 04:06 PM

East Fife are playing Dunfermline that day mate. :greengrin

Hamish
16-06-2015, 08:30 PM

Was maybe in the Independent.

andrew70
18-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Selkirk (a) 26th July - U20's

Sir David Gray
18-06-2015, 10:10 PM

Yep the 1st August is the weekend of the 1st round of the League Cup.

Unfortunately we don't get a bye into the second round this season.

LancsHibs
19-06-2015, 09:58 AM
so is that it or are we expecting another fixture to be arranged? Pretty uninspiring pre season! Just so long as we are rearing to go!

LancashireHibby
20-06-2015, 09:34 AM
so is that it or are we expecting another fixture to be arranged? Pretty uninspiring pre season! Just so long as we are rearing to go!
Two more games with the League Cup and Challenge Cup so I suspect that's all in terms of friendlies.

Bristolhibby
20-06-2015, 07:56 PM
What a crap pre season if that's it.

Did the announcement not say more to be announced?

Where's my English (Not Carlisle) away friendly?

J

3pm
20-06-2015, 07:57 PM
If it is Everton, I hope they confirm early, as I would like to get back for that one.

Apparently the Hertz dicks are playing them?!

DH1875
20-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Would be very surprised if we weren't playing Everton at ER given that their up here anyway.

Hibby70
20-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Was maybe in the Independent.

Well I got it.

Bristolhibby
29-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Is it me or are the pre season fixtures a bit **** this year?

From a purely selfish reason, where's our away friendly in England?

J

sauzeelegod
29-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Any news on the Everton rumours?

Green Man
29-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Is it me or are the pre season fixtures a bit **** this year?

From a purely selfish reason, where's our away friendly in England?

J

Tuesday 14th July in Berwick :greengrin

Hamish
29-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Well I got it.

:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
29-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Any news on the Everton rumours?

I have a feeling it'll be Hearts that play them

Radium
29-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Jamie Borthwick ‏@jamiekborthwick (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/615520991289167873)
Everton have announced they'll play Hearts at Tynecastle on July 25.

California-Hibs
29-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Shocking that we aren't playing Everton at home!!

matty_f
29-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Why is that shocking?

Billy Whizz
29-06-2015, 03:47 PM

We're playing in the cup that day.
Wonder if the police will allow Hibs v Rangers and Hearts v Everton on the same day

SteveHFC
29-06-2015, 03:52 PM
We're playing in the cup that day.
Wonder if the police will allow Hibs v Rangers and Hearts v Everton on the same day

No chance.

Brightside
29-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Only hibs fans could get upset about who we are or aren't playing in friendlies!
:greengrin:greengrin

marinello59
29-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Why is that shocking?

It just is.
I'm not going back until we play Everton at home in a pre-season friendly.

james62
29-06-2015, 04:49 PM
I would agree with most of this thread that for the fans our pre season fixtures aren't much to get excited about.

What I feel is far more important though is that maybe these are games that Stubbsy wants to play as he feels that they will give us the best preparation for the upcoming season. We started really slowly last season and if we are looking to avoid the lottery of the play offs again we simply can not afford another slow start this year.

Back Lounge
29-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I see that Hearts are charging £18 for the Everton game.

Way too much for a friendly.

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Thankfully the Blue ****** are playing the Maroon ******......happy days:-)

3pm
29-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Only hibs fans could get upset about who we are or aren't playing in friendlies!

Strange one!

Squealing pig
29-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Pat stanton on peter and roughies show just now

Baldy Foghorn
29-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Crazy eh:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
29-06-2015, 07:15 PM
It just is.
I'm not going back until we play Everton at home in a pre-season friendly.

That's my season ticket in the bin :greengrin

Stax
29-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Livi playing Real Socieadad on the 14th, not a bad wee game for them there.

Baldy Foghorn
29-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Livi playing Real Socieadad on the 14th, not a bad wee game for them there.

What, we are at Berwick and they play a crack Spanish outfit.....Sack the Board, and the fans reps......:greengrin

Stax
29-06-2015, 10:56 PM
What, we are at Berwick and they play a crack Spanish outfit.....Sack the Board, and the fans reps......:greengrin
It's like yer reading my mind baldy, Petrie get it sorted, the Basques ken whits goin oan. :greengrin

Brooster
30-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Has any mention been made of a home friendly against Wigan?

andrew70
30-06-2015, 01:17 PM

No I don't think so. They are playing Thistle and Dundee W/C 20 July so any firendly would likely be dependant on the Rangers fixture being moved.

PatHead
30-06-2015, 10:25 PM

We are playing Wigan in La Manga this weekend. Seemingly a closed door friendly but if anyone turns up to watch they won't get turned away.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2015, 10:29 PM
We are playing Wigan in La Manga this weekend. Seemingly a closed door friendly but if anyone turns up to watch they won't get turned away.

Won't be this weekend, think Hibs only head out on Sunday

Saturday Boy
30-06-2015, 10:36 PM
I see the official site has the U20 team playing Brentford at home on 31 July. Looks like an afternoon kick off at HTC.

Boris
01-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Hibs only going out this weekend & Wigan not arriving until late next week. Game will be Saturday 11th I understand, the day before Hibs return home. With the heat there at this time of the year it will I would imagine be a late afternoon/early evening kick-off. The main "pitch" at the La Manga complex is open on 3 sides but has a sort of raised platform on one side with several rows of seats for spectators which I'd estimate holds maybe 300 to 500 spectators. Difficult to enforce "closed doors" there as so much is going on at any time on what is a massive complex (not just football) but I suspect game will not be "advertised" as such possibly owing to Spanish FA rules or "fees" for an "official" game.

Keith_M
01-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Didn't Hibs play an English team in the south of Spain a couple of seasons back?

Cod Boy
01-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I think the played Notts forest in the Algarve got beat 2.1 alot of crowd trouble
as well.

cabbageandribs1875
01-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I think the played Notts forest in the Algarve got beat 2.1 alot of crowd trouble
as well.

i'm quite possibly wrong but was that game maybe in Malta ?

Theinsider
01-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Won't be this weekend, think Hibs only head out on Sunday
Yeah out this Sunday for a week travel back next Sunday.

Cheers

Boris
01-07-2015, 11:21 AM
i'm quite possibly wrong but was that game maybe in Malta ?
Played at the vila Real complex near Monto Gorde on the Algarve - Portuguese Olympic training complex. Close to the Spanish border. Played Forest there plus Gibratlar XI in Gib on same tour. Wasn't closed door - charged to get in.

cabbageandribs1875
01-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Played at the vila Real complex near Monto Gorde on the Algarve - Portuguese Olympic training complex. Close to the Spanish border. Played Forest there plus Gibratlar XI in Gib on same tour. Wasn't closed door - charged to get in.

i knew it was a wee island somewhere :greengrin i'm still sure there was a couple of wee 'incidents' on the island though, were forest based on Gib at the same time we were ?

hibeeleicester
01-07-2015, 12:53 PM
i knew it was a wee island somewhere :greengrin i'm still sure there was a couple of wee 'incidents' on the island though, were forest based on Gib at the same time we were ?

Gibraltar is not an Island :greengrin

Keith_M
01-07-2015, 01:36 PM

It's a Peninsula, which in German is called a Halbinsel, or half-island, so he was half right....

....if he speaks German :wink:

Boris
01-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Forest turned up in numbers at the game. About 3 bus loads as I recall - all staying in Faro on the Algarve. There was an altercation during the game. It was ugly but it was swiftly dealt with - the Portuguese polis don't mess about with them big sticks! Clear who they blamed as well as they ran the Forest buses out of town immediately after the game. We had our car at the Forest "end" & the police kept us from walking round until they'd moved the Forest buses away then one of the top Polis who spoke very good English walked us round. He confirmed where he thought the blame lay.

I sensed something might happen before the game that night as both sets of fans went to same booth to buy tickets & there were what I would regard as sectarian comments by some Forest fans & one or two were giving it the engerland anti-IRA chants, Thing they were getting Hibs muddled with Celtic. Yes, some Hibs fans reacted to it inside the ground but mix provocation with sun & beer & it happens.

Sure the Baldy Foghorn can confirm my take on events?

I'd just emphasise it wasn't all the Forest fans. Myself, Baldy Foghorn & a certain Fans Rep director shared a hotel with some Forest fans in the wee town where the game was played & they were smashing lads, both before & after the game & they laid the blame squarely on their "nutters" as they called them.

cabbageandribs1875
01-07-2015, 05:22 PM

It's a Peninsula, which in German is called a Halbinsel, or half-island, so he was half right....

....if he speaks German :wink:

Halbinsel was the word i was looking for :agree:

:whistle: so it 's like a bigger version of crammond island, a sorta half-island when the tides oot :greengrin

Forest turned up in numbers at the game. About 3 bus loads as I recall - all staying in Faro on the Algarve. There was an altercation during the game. It was ugly but it was swiftly dealt with - the Portuguese polis don't mess about with them big sticks! Clear who they blamed as well as they ran the Forest buses out of town immediately after the game. We had our car at the Forest "end" & the police kept us from walking round until they'd moved the Forest buses away then one of the top Polis who spoke very good English walked us round. He confirmed where he thought the blame lay.

I sensed something might happen before the game that night as both sets of fans went to same booth to buy tickets & there were what I would regard as sectarian comments by some Forest fans & one or two were giving it the engerland anti-IRA chants, Thing they were getting Hibs muddled with Celtic. Yes, some Hibs fans reacted to it inside the ground but mix provocation with sun & beer & it happens.

Sure the Baldy Foghorn can confirm my take on events?

I'd just emphasise it wasn't all the Forest fans. Myself, Baldy Foghorn & a certain Fans Rep director shared a hotel with some Forest fans in the wee town where the game was played & they were smashing lads, both before & after the game & they laid the blame squarely on their "nutters" as they called them.

about as ignorant as their bigoted sectarian brethren through in Govan :agree: anyways, ta for clearing that all up :)

southern hibby
01-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Was in the main square before the game having a few drinks with Hibs and Forrest fans. Then I had a few drinks in a pub with more Forrest fans and it was a great day out.
When it kicked off inside the ground I was disgusted with the Portuguese Police who seemed to pick on anyone who was not involved in the fighting inside the ground. I tried to stop a policeman attacking an old man and a young girl about 12-14 ( probably his granddaughter) and was bull whipped back and side was covered in Black and blues.
After the game went back to the square and sat with the same Forrest supporters as before. They must have made friends with a Hibs fan because one of the young Forrest lads that was there came up and spoke to me at Ibrox last season (2-0 game ) and said he was totally impressed with the atmosphere we were creating that night. Told him it's not always like that and he said he knew as he had been to several Hibs games.

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
02-07-2015, 08:46 AM
What are the home teams charging for adult/kids for the 3 away games?

oconnors_strip
02-07-2015, 09:59 AM
What are the home teams charging for adult/kids for the 3 away games?

Berwick are doing a deal for hospitality, not sure if away fans are included

http://www.berwickrangers.com/corporate-prices-for-friendlies/

Keith_M
02-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Halbinsel was the word i was looking for :agree:

Yeah, I'm sure it was.

:greengrin

andrew70
02-07-2015, 10:06 AM

They will be and a very decent buffet it is too. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
02-07-2015, 11:55 AM
They will be and a very decent buffet it is too. :greengrin

Take it you have booked a place?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2015, 01:25 PM

Have you booked? If so, how do you go about getting the money to them?

oconnors_strip
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM

No I haven't booked, was looking for terracing prices and seen this.

andrew70
02-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Take it you have booked a place?

No I've not yet. I may just go in the terracing as it's a Tuesday night and I have work the next day. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2015, 03:57 PM
No I haven't booked, was looking for terracing prices and seen this.

OK, Cheers anyway.

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Roll on winter fitba.

I see today's scheduled pre season Raith Rovers v Brechin friendly has been postponed because of heavy overnight rain.

Nae guid, nae guid I tell ye.

:grr:

:greengrin

Hibeewilly
04-07-2015, 05:04 PM
I've texted the boy Conrads number Hutchy to ask if Hibs supporters would be welcome in that area - I'll let you know what the reply is. Looks a great deal -and god back up in case its pissing rain

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Any response yet?

Hibeewilly
05-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Any response yet?
Conrad Turner texted me tonight mate and said they have limited spaces but Hibs supporters are welcome. Smart casual dress no trainers jeans or football tops. Seems a bargain at £20.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Conrad Turner texted me tonight mate and said they have limited spaces but Hibs supporters are welcome. Smart casual dress no trainers jeans or football tops. Seems a bargain at £20.

Good man, any mention of payment options?

Chuck Rhoades
06-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Was in the main square before the game having a few drinks with Hibs and Forrest fans. Then I had a few drinks in a pub with more Forrest fans and it was a great day out.
When it kicked off inside the ground I was disgusted with the Portuguese Police who seemed to pick on anyone who was not involved in the fighting inside the ground. I tried to stop a policeman attacking an old man and a young girl about 12-14 ( probably his granddaughter) and was bull whipped back and side was covered in Black and blues.
After the game went back to the square and sat with the same Forrest supporters as before. They must have made friends with a Hibs fan because one of the young Forrest lads that was there came up and spoke to me at Ibrox last season (2-0 game ) and said he was totally impressed with the atmosphere we were creating that night. Told him it's not always like that and he said he knew as he had been to several Hibs games.

GGTTH

Aye, we kept in touch with 3 of the lads and they came up for Ibrox in Feb and loved the match and atmosphere. Group of us heading down there in Nov for their match against Derby.

southern hibby
06-07-2015, 06:34 AM
Hope you have a great time.

GGTTH

Hibeewilly
06-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Good man, any mention of payment options?
He didn't mention anything about that but Im sure it will be payment by card over the phone. His mobile number is in the link posted earlier in this thread for booking purposes