PDA

View Full Version : Leith Festival Easter Road Stadium Open Day 2015

Hibs History
15-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Sunday 21st June 12pm-4pm

The Hibernian Historical Trust are delighted to announce that we will once again hold an open day as part of the Leith Festival

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/198-leith-festival-easter-road-stadium-open-day-2015)

GGTTH

matty_f
15-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Sunday 21st June 12pm-4pm

The Hibernian Historical Trust are delighted to announce that we will once again hold an open day as part of the Leith Festival

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/198-leith-festival-easter-road-stadium-open-day-2015)

GGTTH

Great stuff, these have been really popular in the past, IIRC.

Hibs History
18-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Download the Tour Guide at the Hibernian Historical Trust website

:flag:
GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
18-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Great stuff, that's Father's Day sorted

:aok:

Been the past few years and the guys from the Hibs trust always put on a great day

andy1875
18-06-2015, 07:17 PM
That's my Sunday sorted.

A wee trip down for the open day and a round of golf afterwards.

Perfect :thumbsup:

Conrad Gray
21-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Just a wee reminder that this is on this afternoon. This a good opportunity to see behind the scenes and some of the treasures that the Historical Trust look after.

Phil MaGlass
21-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Do Hibs have an open day when fans can come along, meet the players, live dj,s bouncy castles, etc, etc, cant remember if there is, could raise alot of money for the club.

HibbyAndy
21-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Just a wee reminder that this is on this afternoon. This a good opportunity to see behind the scenes and some of the treasures that the Historical Trust look after.

Still surprised you can just waltz in without any supervision and take the tour on your ain.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2015, 09:59 AM

Still surprised you can just waltz in without any supervision and take the tour on your ain.

If memory serves me right I'm sure in previous years there has been volunteers from the historical trust about to help direct, explain things etc at each of the points on the tour.

I think the idea of it being self guided is so it isn't too regimented and folk can enjoy the bits that interest them at their own pace.

HibbyAndy
21-06-2015, 10:27 AM
If memory serves me right I'm sure in previous years there has been volunteers from the historical trust about to help direct, explain things etc at each of the points on the tour.

I think the idea of it being self guided is so it isn't too regimented and folk can enjoy the bits that interest them at their own pace.

Hopefully see the odd player tae :greengrin

Carheenlea
21-06-2015, 02:14 PM
There was no one really to approach to thank at the culmination of the tour, so I'll pass on my thanks on here to all who made this happen, and my family enjoyed the open day very much indeed. The Hands off Hibs memorabilia was of interest to myself, and Jordon Forster was on hand at the dugouts and pitch side to meet the fans.
Only criticism would be of Jordon's hipsteresque rolled up trousers and boating shoe ensemble.

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Just back. Very enjoyable and informative to see behind the scenes. In-laws who aren't really football fans found the whole thing fascinating. Very laid-back and I liked that there was no attempt to fleece the fans at every turn. Recommended if you've not done it yet.

andyf5
21-06-2015, 02:50 PM
My thanks to the Hibernian Historical folk and club for a great day. I would happily have paid money for this tour. It was well done and on a par with other stadium tours I have done in Europe. Made me wonder if there is a market for tourist type tours? Extra revenue and way to build up supporter base?

j'adore hibs
21-06-2015, 02:56 PM
a great day had by me and the kids, some very interesting artifacts to see and was great to walk round the pitch....kids bagged some free programs too

we ll done HHT

Dobosz83
21-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I had a fantastic day with my family at Easter Road today. Well played Hibs.

The kids met Sunshine and surprising Jordan Forster who was fantastic in signing items and posing for photos.

More importantly, I signed up to HSL today and bought the new top. Doors open for free and I'm £100 lighter! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Jordon Forster is a ****in tank !!!

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 03:34 PM
How do you post pics on here? Anybody else notice the mix up with the 1991 League cup winning top?

HibbyAndy
21-06-2015, 03:55 PM
How do you post pics on here? Anybody else notice the mix up with the 1991 League cup winning top?

Like this ?

:greengrin

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Like this ?

:greengrin
Cheers Drew!!!!! I'm sure you noticed the strip mistake!!

HibbyAndy
21-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Cheers Drew!!!!! I'm sure you noticed the strip mistake!!

Yeah i did mate...Bit odd eh ?.. Enjoyed the day though...Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah i did mate...Bit odd eh ?.. Enjoyed the day though...Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was class, good to get a wee insight into the club. Cannae wait for the season to start now!!

Jones28
21-06-2015, 04:43 PM
That was great! Took the missus along and she really enjoyed it too!

Billy Whizz
21-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Did Jordan say when he was signing for the Gunts?

.Sean.
21-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Has Jordan Forster had a hair transplant?!

Eaststand
21-06-2015, 05:16 PM
That's my Sunday sorted.

A wee trip down for the open day and a round of golf afterwards.

Perfect :thumbsup:

How did the golf go , i hope you scored well :wink:

21-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Really enjoyed the tour.

The hands off hibs stuff was enough to put a wee lump in my throat. A terrible time but the hibee family rallied together and saved the club. For that we will all forever be in their debts.

I love this club

Tom Hart RIP
21-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Didn't notice. What was the mix up?

Yuillsy
21-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Didn't notice. What was the mix up?

They had a Frank Graham Group top without a sponsor on it in the league cup final section, but had the actual top we wore in the 91 cup final in a different section but it had Frank Graham Group printed on it.
I've taken pictures but for some reason can't post them from my phone.

21-06-2015, 09:46 PM
I loved going down to the stadium today. Got myself the new top and a few other bits and pieces from the shop. For me there seems to be a feeling of excitement around atm. Despite not getting promoted last season, their seems to be a general feeling of optimism and belief that the club is finally going in the right direction.

The Hands of Hibs campaign is something I am too young to remember but listening to my old mans stories from that time just make me so proud to be a hibee. Despite many heartaches over the years we have a fan base that adore this club and will rally around to protect it.

What a difference a year can make, this time last year was one of the lowest i've ever felt in my whole time watching hibs. Now i'm really looking forward to the new season.

GGTTH :flag:

dp00
22-06-2015, 05:50 AM
I had a really good day and thought it was great you could just wonder around on a self guided tour. Was good to see people sitting in dugout or in the boardroom talking about stories from the past.

The only thing I did notice was that there are areas within the stadium which need a wee spruce up. The home changing room being the main one I thought was a bit grubby looking.

Overall an excellent day tho and something I hope hibs continue and if anything get more involved in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk