PDA

View Full Version : Boyle signs two year deal

Big_Franck
14-06-2015, 06:43 PM
I know it's been mentioned on the transfer rumours thread but I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

BBC are reporting that Martin Boyle has signed a two year contract with us. Delighted with this as he was starting to look like a player before his injury. His pace is a great asset to have and Scott Allan obviously loves playing with him.

Welcome to Hibs Martin :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33128308

brog
14-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I know it's been mentioned on the transfer rumours thread but I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

BBC are reporting that Martin Boyle has signed a two year contract with us. Delighted with this as he was starting to look like a player before his injury. His pace is a great asset to have and Scott Allan obviously loves playing with him.

He's also a character & very popular with the team. I don't think the positive effect of good team spirit can ever be over estimated.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Yet another who has turned down premier league football to play for the mighty Hibees(as long as this is actually accurate). Welcome aboard again Squirrel

Hannah_hfc
14-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Just saw this on the BBC as well, brilliant news! Also news on Fontaine seems promising 👍👍

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
14-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Very happy with that. Gives us something different and can play in a few positions.

Ricky Bobby
14-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Great news. Well done to the board for making this happen

Pray4Marc
14-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Is there a future for Alex Harris at Hibs?

sesoim
14-06-2015, 07:22 PM

Good news! In recent seasons we have had too many players who would rather stand still and pass the ball sideways, but Boyle gives us speed and directness.

sesoim
14-06-2015, 07:28 PM

Only if he can start playing like he did in April 2013 again, and quickly.

basehibby
14-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Great news - congratulations to Boyle - welcome back aboard the good ship Hibees :thumbsup:

Roxyhibee
14-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Good signing. He was really making a difference and giving us a much needed plan B outlet toward the end of the season. Gray, Allan and McGeouch all liked to 'look' for him. Really missed him at Hampden and in the play offs. We were pretty predictable by then and the diamond was labouring and wearing thin.. Welcome Martin - I think you've made the right choice. Liam officially confirmed next please...genuine quality player.

Borderhibbie76
14-06-2015, 09:41 PM
If this is indees true, its heartening the number of players turning down premiership footy to come and play for the Hibees. Welcome Back Martyn...hopefully fonts confirmed 2moro too

Northernhibee
14-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Really good signing, think he will only improve and could become a new Ivan :aok:

Sean1875
14-06-2015, 11:25 PM
excellent news, exactly what we need! welcome back to the Hibees Martin

Forza Fred
15-06-2015, 12:11 AM

I honestly don't think so.

My problem with Alex is that he appears only capable of beating a man one way- basically knocking the ball past his defender and using his speed to get past him.

Easily countered by having someone positioned a couple of yards behind the first defender, as clubs had already worked out.

Needs variety to his game if he is to make it professionally...anywhere.

KeithTheHibby
15-06-2015, 06:30 AM

In a nutshell, no. With Boyle and Carmichael I don't see any place for Harris. Won't be missed.

Ronniekirk
15-06-2015, 08:14 AM
In a nutshell, no. With Boyle and Carmichael I don't see any place for Harris. Won't be missed.
Agree with Boyle and Carmichael signing there may not be ,on the other hand he did do reasonably well at times for Dundee and appeared to get his confidence and pace back . He may still have an oppertunity to impress pre season but also think some of our youngsters on longer term contracts may need to be either used in deals with other clubs to bring a player i ie the young full back from Morton we are quoted as having an interest in.
Or we may simp,y need to shed them from wage bill to bring in a first team ready player . However the danger is it was clear towards the end of the season we have a number of players that are injury prone and not a big enough squad .this issue needs to be addressed So I think if we were getting rid of Harris Stanton or handling they are all players with first team experience so any replacement for them IMO has to be someone at least like Carmichael. That has proven they can handle the Championship and who also has potential to take the next step up if we win promotion

147lothian
16-06-2015, 06:48 PM
I often wondered why Stubbs kept playing Boyle until his last two games against yams and Falkirk, Boyle looked the real deal it looked like his whole game had came together, real shame for him picking up the injury, but get him fit again and this could be a really good signing, it started to look like he had added composure and skill to the undoubted pace, in Stubbs I trust

CockneyRebel
16-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I often wondered why Stubbs kept playing Boyle until his last two games against yams and Falkirk, Boyle looked the real deal it looked like his whole game had came together, real shame for him picking up the injury, but get him fit again and this could be a really good signing, it started to look like he had added composure and skill to the undoubted pace, in Stubbs I trust

He was snatching at chances in his early games but in his latter games he was much more composed - you can't teach pace but you can teach other things.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Is it Friday yet? What's happening here?

hibees 7062
16-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Dundee holding out for money

jacomo
16-06-2015, 09:53 PM

If it's a development fee, doesn't that go to a tribunal if the clubs can't agree? Shouldn't hold up him signing a contract with us.

J-C
16-06-2015, 11:09 PM

Money will be due to Montrose who developed him.

J-C
16-06-2015, 11:11 PM

Carmichael plays through the middle as an attacking mid ( where he played most of last season ), he has and can play on the wing if needed, Harris can still play on the left.

Centre Hawf
17-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Money will be due to Montrose who developed him.

Development Fee's aren't exactly for the clubs who develop them. It's due to his age and the end of contract situation. I think Dundee most probably paid Montrose a Development Fee themselves.

Brooster
17-06-2015, 06:11 AM
Cant see Hibs paying a fee for Boyle. Harris or Stanton going in the other direction will cancel out any fees changing hands. This is what Hibs will be looking to do.

scoopyboy
17-06-2015, 06:58 AM
If Hibs have to pay a fee I can see this scuppering the deal, unless as Brooster says we can give them a player in exchange that we deem as excess to requirements.

I'm not completely convinced by Boyle and now he has had an operation when can we expect him to be back to full fitness.

Not fussed one way or the other if he signs.

J-C
17-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Development Fee's aren't exactly for the clubs who develop them. It's due to his age and the end of contract situation. I think Dundee most probably paid Montrose a Development Fee themselves.

He's been at Dundee since 2012 only 3 years and was 19 when he joined.

southern hibby
17-06-2015, 07:23 AM
To me Boyle was vastly improved under AS. If that's what AS can do in 6 months, imagine ( if Boyle keeps progressing ) what a player we will have.

What also impressed me was Boyles confidence was shot missing open goals after rounding keeper etc. But to his credit he kept plugging away and did improve. Again if his confidence is soaring at the start of the season and gets a few early goals, I'd hazard a guess at him chipping in with between 10-15 goals depending on position and game time played .
GGTTH