PDA

View Full Version : NHC Wales v Belgium

Stax
12-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Fair play to Wales. Great performance and they look well on their way to France.

Jonnyboy
12-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Fair play to Wales. Great performance and they look well on their way to France.

Yep, some great performances with Chris Gunter my man of the match. Playing out of position in the centre of defence he dealt with everything thrown at him. Fontainesque :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Apparently this means Wales will be in pot 1 for World Cup qualifying mental.

Stax
12-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Apparently this means Wales will be in pot 1 for World Cup qualifying mental.
It does, if we beat Ireland tomorrow I think Scotland are guaranteed pot 2.

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Didn't watch it but a great result. Bale is a fabulous player. Beat Scotland on his own in Cardiff although we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. I hope we get them in the World Cup draw. Looks like Iceland will be in France too.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Didn't watch it but a great result. Bale is a fabulous player. Beat Scotland on his own in Cardiff although we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. I hope we get them in the World Cup draw. Looks like Iceland will be in France too.

Loves a dive which isn't so fabulous, especially on the occasions it has had a material effect on the results of games.

Nando™
12-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Loves a dive which isn't so fabulous, especially on the occasions it has had a material effect on the results of games.

Yup, absolute prick of a guy.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Beating Belgium is certainly a good result for them but considering the rest of their group is so mediocre, I would be expecting Wales to finish at least second in that group, if the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Ledley are playing anywhere near their best.

Gus
12-06-2015, 10:11 PM

Totally but part (sadly) of modern day football. Wonder if a Scotland player was to go down easily 2moro would there be uproar......FIA hoping this happens and will look for another payment from FIFA

lyonhibs
12-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Yup, absolute prick of a guy.

Yup, I'd hate a world class prick like him as Scotland's talisman............ :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Yup, I'd hate a world class prick like him as Scotland's talisman............ :rolleyes:

Would rather Messi, Iniesta, Xavi who aren't tarred witht the same brush.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Bergkamp wasn't a diver

lyonhibs
12-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Would rather Messi, Iniesta, Xavi who aren't tarred witht the same brush.

None of those 3 ever take a dive/"make the most" of contact??

You're not being serious, surely?? :confused::confused:

PS. Clearly I'd take any of them over Bale, but that's cos they are better at football, nothing to do with the fact they are all capable of being diving twats.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2015, 10:59 PM
None of those 3 ever take a dive/"make the most" of contact??

You're not being serious, surely?? :confused::confused:

PS. Clearly I'd take any of them over Bale, but that's cos they are better at football, nothing to do with the fact they are all capable of being diving twats.

Not even in the same league. You bang on about bale all you like. Doesn't do it for me.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Would rather Messi, Iniesta, Xavi who aren't tarred witht the same brush.You must be joking, all 3 go down like they have been shot and surround the ref like children if he doesn't give them decisions.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2015, 11:07 PM
You must be joking, all 3 go down like they have been shot and surround the ref like children if he doesn't give them decisions.

You do understand that the comparison is made against Gareth Bale?

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2015, 12:04 AM
You do understand that the comparison is made against Gareth Bale?So as long as you don't dive as much as Bale you're all right?

Keith_M
13-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Messi Never Dives (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLxa3MYMcw)

Hibby Bairn
13-06-2015, 07:32 AM
You must be joking, all 3 go down like they have been shot and surround the ref like children if he doesn't give them decisions.

You don't like Barcelona do you? :)

I think on another thread you had Vidal as a pussycat against them last weekend.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2015, 07:56 AM
You don't like Barcelona do you? :)

I think on another thread you had Vidal as a pussycat against them last weekend.I have no problem Barcelona, just not part of the cringey love in. As bad as everyone else in terms of diving, hounding refs etc.

nellio
13-06-2015, 02:40 PM
We were outstanding last night. Every man playing for each other! It wasn't so long ago we were being annihilated by every team in sight. I remember struggling to beat Azerbijan about 10 years ago!!

Not been in a major tournament since the 50's so looking forward to France next year (presuming we qualify) and I hope Scotland get there too, that would be some party!

nellio
13-06-2015, 02:50 PM
There's a good possibility we could go ahead of England in the world rankings as well I just read!!

That would be marvellous!!

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Why was the game played at Cardiff City Stadium?

I would have thought the Welsh could have made a decent dent in the Millenium for such a big game. They have done in the past when they have been a far worse team than they are now.

sbell1875
13-06-2015, 09:15 PM
How Belgium are ranked 2nd in the current FIFA rankings is beyond me. In front of goal they were like a dead salmon trying to swim upstream.

hfc rd
13-06-2015, 09:33 PM
All 4 UK nations at a major tournament. Has that happened before?

Nando™
13-06-2015, 09:58 PM
All 4 UK nations at a major tournament. Has that happened before?

Yes, the 1958 World Cup.

Hibeesmad
13-06-2015, 11:26 PM

I would have thought the Welsh could have made a decent dent in the Millenium for such a big game. They have done in the past when they have been a far worse team than they are now.

The Welsh FA decided to have the game played at the Cardiff City Stadium due to Wales having played there since the beginning of the tournament. They could easily have sold thousands of more tickets if it was at the Millenium Stadium but it worked out to be a great decision..

Tinribs
14-06-2015, 12:29 AM

Great post, but the very best bit of that video is the first dive when he is getting yellow carded...the number 17 for the opposing team gets tripped by the ref as he is getting the card out, and goes down like he has taken an arrow to the knee. He promptly gets up when he realises he won't get a foul out of it :)

Sammy7nil
14-06-2015, 08:44 AM

Good video but i wonder if there is a video to show the kicks and abuse Messi takes? Of course he dives is he the worst is he even in the top ten considering the treatment he gets from defenders i think the answer is no.

nellio
14-06-2015, 03:48 PM

All to do with atmosphere. The CCS has become a real fortress over the last few years for us. We would only fill the millstad when all the rugby fans decide to turn up. The atmosphere is awful in the big stadium and we only fill it when the side is doing well. The players prefer the more compact CCS. It still holds 33k so that still a good amount of fans when you consider we don't have that many in the supporters club.

Had a Wales season ticket for many years when I was back home but now have to watch from afar!

ekhibee
14-06-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm getting old, somebody better explain to me how Bale wasn't miles offside for the goal. Maybe I just haven't kept up with all the rule changes.

Haymaker
15-06-2015, 12:30 AM
I'm getting old, somebody better explain to me how Bale wasn't miles offside for the goal. Maybe I just haven't kept up with all the rule changes.

Belgian player headered it back towards goal. It is only off side if the ball is played forward by your own side.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2015, 07:09 AM

Watch a replay of the goal then delete your post.

Danderhall Hibs
15-06-2015, 07:14 AM

I don't think they've ever changed that aspect of the offside rule?

nellio
15-06-2015, 10:12 AM

Belgian lad headed it back to him. Cant be offside if its played back by the other team. Dont think you can be offside from a throw either? Not 100% abnout that but I do remember when watching Cardiff a few years ago we got given an offside decision against us inside our own half and then the ref made them take the free kick inside our half when the CB went to take it inside his half!!! Linesman was getting absolute pelters from us in the stand.