12-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Poor Plymouth.

Kato
12-06-2015, 07:45 AM
See he's got the Plymouth job.

Not far away enough.

Salt N Sauzee
12-06-2015, 08:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvB8MrZlGqY - Derek Adams finest moment :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

maturehibby
12-06-2015, 10:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvB8MrZlGqY - Derek Adams finest moment :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
You would think Plymouth would have learned their lesson after all they made Mr Blobby the Manager .
I dont think their is much between hime and Adams for the moaning that they use and look out English referees as it will be all your fault when decisions go against Plymouth and not his bad managerial decisions

jacomo
12-06-2015, 06:00 PM
I think he might do alright for them. Provincial club, under achieving - a spiky character might get then firing again.

DA doesn't seem to be that popular but he did a good job at Ross County.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2015, 06:53 PM
He wants Nade as his first signing.....Strange

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2015, 07:01 PM
There is something very strange about that man? :confused:

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-06-2015, 07:10 PM
There is something very strange about that man? :confused:

Yup. An extremely complex/bizarre character

Jonnyboy
12-06-2015, 07:40 PM
I think he might do alright for them. Provincial club, under achieving - a spiky character might get then firing again.

DA doesn't seem to be that popular but he did a good job at Ross County.

Indeed, but then again Butcher did a good job at ICT :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
12-06-2015, 10:22 PM

To be fair I hate Jamie Hamill even more. Absolutely knob hated by everybody probably including his own family.

NOLA
12-06-2015, 11:08 PM
See he's got the Plymouth job.
shame as i have a soft spot for Argyle.

ManBearPig
13-06-2015, 09:51 AM
He was very weird.... Could never take to him. I think he may be a robot

Fenriz
13-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Always find it odd to think that he was our assistant manager for a while. We've had an unusual assortment of characters in that role over the last decade!

truehibernian
13-06-2015, 12:56 PM
He wants Nade as his first signing.....Strange

Ties in with him and his dad being at the Raith v Hibs game we lost at tail end of the season BF - I thought maybe he was being lined up for the Raith job - was strange the pair of them being there.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Ties in with him and his dad being at the Raith v Hibs game we lost at tail end of the season BF - I thought maybe he was being lined up for the Raith job - was strange the pair of them being there.

Never knew he was there, cheers:aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Always find it odd to think that he was our assistant manager for a while. We've had an unusual assortment of characters in that role over the last decade!

I sometimes forget he even was our assistant. Probably because he spent the entire time sat up in the stand through suspension. A weird time for our club.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-06-2015, 09:26 PM
To be fair I hate Jamie Hamill even more. Absolutely knob hated by everybody probably including his own family.

Agreed. Adams is a completely bizarre character but Hamill is on a different planet entirely. I caught a bit of Sportscene a few weeks ago and he was squaring up to his teammate and grabbing him round the throat and that. I'm sure they were 2 or 3 up away to Partick at the time. Utter weirdo

hibees 7062
13-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Agreed. Adams is a completely bizarre character but Hamill is on a different planet entirely. I caught a bit of Sportscene a few weeks ago and he was squaring up to his teammate and grabbing him round the throat and that. I'm sure they were 2 or 3 up away to Partick at the time. Utter weirdo

Always aggravating his own fans . Very strange individual https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1j63GMkqfwOgQDZGuVCg7WvETEDt61 a5lyltotC6N5H1TzbpR3w

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Do Plymouth and Newport County play in the same league? Bootcher passing on tips on how to really eff up a team in green and white.

emerald green
14-06-2015, 11:38 AM

What was that all about? Did Adams actually contribute anything worthwhile during his time at ER? Who was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place? :confused:

Eyrie
14-06-2015, 11:45 AM
What was that all about? Did Adams actually contribute anything worthwhile during his time at ER? Who was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place? :confused:

I always thought that Adams was brought here for two reasons. Firstly because we needed someone who knew the Scottish game and had connections to be Calderwood's assistant, and secondly because at the time he was a bright prospect as a manager who could takeover if Calderwood didn't work out.

Of course, neither of them worked out ....

superfurryhibby
14-06-2015, 11:48 AM

It was a truly bizarre piece of business from Hibs. Added no value that was discernible. Clearly our Rod was responsible. One of many odd decisions during his latter years as head honcho.

To be fair to Adams, he did well at County Ross, I suspect he might do a decent job at Plymouth too. Can't say I ever warmed to him. He also gave Jamie Hamil his only redeeming moment, fandango.

PISTOL1875
14-06-2015, 12:39 PM
A pal of mine who worked within the club at the time told me that Hibs had lined up Adams as boss but at the 11th hour , Calderwood being the board's first choice then became available and subsequently became manager.. Adams was given the assistant's role and a pay rise to soften the blow..

Sitting in the west lower behind the Hibs dug-out on game days was weird watching everything. It was a strange set-up as Calderwood would discuss tactics with Alistair Stevenson and Gareth Evans at one side of the technical area whereas Adams would stand at the other end and just watch the game without adding any input..

silverhibee
14-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Hope he gets them relegated.

Disgusting club.

magpie1892
14-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I interviewed Jimmy Calderwood in Holland a couple of times for The Sun. He told me that DA is despised within the game.

emerald green
15-06-2015, 06:33 PM
A pal of mine who worked within the club at the time told me that Hibs had lined up Adams as boss but at the 11th hour , Calderwood being the board's first choice then became available and subsequently became manager.. Adams was given the assistant's role and a pay rise to soften the blow..

Sitting in the west lower behind the Hibs dug-out on game days was weird watching everything. It was a strange set-up as Calderwood would discuss tactics with Alistair Stevenson and Gareth Evans at one side of the technical area whereas Adams would stand at the other end and just watch the game without adding any input..

What a total farce.

jacomo
15-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Hope he gets them relegated.

Disgusting club.

Why?

emerald green
15-06-2015, 06:36 PM
It was a truly bizarre piece of business from Hibs. Added no value that was discernible. Clearly our Rod was responsible. One of many odd decisions during his latter years as head honcho.

:agree:

iwasthere1972
15-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Although I have nothing against Plymouth Argyle, I very much hope that Adams fails miserably.

Adams never came across as a nice person and appears to have a hate agenda with Hibs.

silverhibee
15-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696973/Plymouth-Argyle-attack-appointing-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-captain.html

Aldo
15-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Hope he gets them relegated. Disgusting club.

Couldn't agree more.

jacomo
16-06-2015, 04:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696973/Plymouth-Argyle-attack-appointing-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-captain.html

Fair enough. That's pretty despicable.

SMAXXA
16-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Fair enough. That's pretty despicable.

I disagree people are entitled to second chances far to many people take the moral high ground he made a mistake he was punished and he has the right to resume his life imo

silverhibee
16-06-2015, 10:07 PM
I disagree people are entitled to second chances far to many people take the moral high ground he made a mistake he was punished and he has the right to resume his life imo

You think getting pished out your head and then deciding to drive your car at 97mph on the motorway and falling asleep which resulted in the death of 2 young kids and the father being badly injured, was just a mistake, he committed several crimes that night which resulted in him getting a sentence of 7 years, he hasn't apologized to the family for what he did either.

And you say it was a mistake, no it wasn't, friends told him not to drive that night but he ignored there advice and it resulted in the death of 2 innocent children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1083733/After-car-crash-footballer-Luke-McCormick-killed-children-Amanda-Peak-tells-heartbreaking-story.html

Imagine it was your kids if you have any, would you still be thinking it was just a mistake he made, he has every right to resume his life after he has served his sentence, but back as a footballer who the club he resigned for made him captain. No chance.

Disgusting club.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2015, 10:19 PM
You think getting pished out your head and then deciding to drive your car at 97mph on the motorway and falling asleep which resulted in the death of 2 young kids and the father being badly injured, was just a mistake, he committed several crimes that night which resulted in him getting a sentence of 7 years, he hasn't apologized to the family for what he did either.

And you say it was a mistake, no it wasn't, friends told him not to drive that night but he ignored there advice and it resulted in the death of 2 innocent children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1083733/After-car-crash-footballer-Luke-McCormick-killed-children-Amanda-Peak-tells-heartbreaking-story.html

Imagine it was your kids if you have any, would you still be thinking it was just a mistake he made, he has every right to resume his life after he has served his sentence, but back as a footballer who the club he resigned for made him captain. No chance.

Disgusting club.

Must have lost a few fans doing that.

jacomo
17-06-2015, 03:08 PM

There's a debate to be had there, it varies case by case I think and remorse shown by the person responsible is a big factor.

What I struggle to understand is giving him the captaincy? Ok, it's just a figurehead position in football a lot of the time but it sure gave him recognition he didn't deserve?