PDA

View Full Version : Ormiston Primrose v Hibs XI

Brooster
10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Ormiston Promprose v Hibs XI, Recreation Park, Ormiston, Saturday 11th July 2pm. £5 Adults £1 Kids.
Ormiston is half a mile from East Mains and 2 miles from Tranent for those who are unfamiliar with the area.

superfurryhibby
10-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Good to hear that we a are forging some links to the community around East Mains.

Mikey09
10-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Tell the Hibs laddies to wear extra strong shinnies... Ormiston are a gang... :take that

Brooster
10-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Tell the Hibs laddies to wear extra strong shinnies... Ormiston are a gang... :take that

I shall bow to your superior knowledge.

Peevemor
10-06-2015, 10:37 PM
IIRC, Hibs signed Graham Harvey from Ormiston Primrose.

Any others?

scoopyboy
11-06-2015, 07:42 AM
IIRC, Hibs signed Graham Harvey from Ormiston Primrose.

Any others?

You recall correctly.

Ormiston sold Graham Harvey to Hibs and Ian McParland to Notts County, the money raised allowed them to build a fence round the pitch which was a requirement of getting into the Junior Cup.

andrew70
11-06-2015, 08:21 AM

Breeksy's teams usually are.

Scorrie
11-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Are Ormiston senior now or still junior? I thought they were in the EoS league though I recall Primrose being junior team a few years ago.

hibbysam
11-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Are Ormiston senior now or still junior? I thought they were in the EoS league though I recall Primrose being junior team a few years ago.

Ormiston are senior now, playing in the East of Scotland league.

Brooster
07-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Bump.Get your Hibs fix on Saturday at Otmiston.

Brooster
09-07-2015, 06:48 AM
Folks. Hibs have asked if this game can be switched to East Mains. Its still a 2pm kick off, still classed as Ormistons home game and still £5 and £1 to get in. The main reason for the change is that Hibs want to look at a couple of trialists on home turf.

andrew70
09-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Folks. Hibs have asked if this game can be switched to East Mains. Its still a 2pm kick off, still classed as Ormistons home game and still £5 and £1 to get in. The main reason for the change is that Hibs want to look at a couple of trialists on home turf.

Youth trialists or first team trialists?

Brooster
09-07-2015, 07:35 AM
Youth trialists or first team trialists?

Possibly both.

andrew70
09-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Possibly both.

Cool, will be going either way. Thanks for info on venue change etc. :thumbsup:

Bill Milne
09-07-2015, 08:06 AM

Showing contempt for Ormiston fans here, I reckon.

hibbysam
09-07-2015, 08:13 AM

I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy to walk 200 yards to East mains..?

Bill Milne
09-07-2015, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy to walk 200 yards to East mains..?

It's a bit more than that, surely, and it is their home game FFS.

superfurryhibby
09-07-2015, 08:27 AM
:

:You might have to expand upon why Bill.

Mikey09
09-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Sorry... It's not a Scottish Cup tie it's a friendly!! And I'm sure the 3 Ormiston fans will cope with making the hectic travel arrangements... :greengrin

Brooster
09-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Not sure I know what you mean. Hibs asked to move and Ormiston agreed, no problems. Hibs and Ormiston have a community partnership which works well for both clubs therefore Ormiston were happy to oblige. Ormiston dont get big crowds and Im sure their regulars wont mind going to East Mains.

Green&White
09-07-2015, 01:43 PM
what exactly is a hibs XI? arnt the first team away abroad?

Billy Whizz
09-07-2015, 01:44 PM
what exactly is a hibs XI? arnt the first team away abroad?

Read Broosters reply a bit above

Tinribs
09-07-2015, 05:43 PM
There is nothing at all on Ormistons website about this game, not even the fact that it is happening. Hope their supporters know about the change of venue.

calmacuk
09-07-2015, 06:27 PM
There is nothing at all on Ormistons website about this game, not even the fact that it is happening. Hope their supporters know about the change of venue.

The change of venue is listed on the front page of their website :

http://www.ormistonfc.co.uk

O'Rourke3
09-07-2015, 07:12 PM
The change of venue is listed on the front page of their website :

http://www.ormistonfc.co.uk
Did you just update it? [emoji41]

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

hibbymick
09-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Breeksy's teams usually are.

Or it will be a Pans select.

Mikey09
09-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Not sure I know what you mean. Hibs asked to move and Ormiston agreed, no problems. Hibs and Ormiston have a community partnership which works well for both clubs therefore Ormiston were happy to oblige. Ormiston dont get big crowds and Im sure their regulars wont mind going to East Mains.

Unless they class 4 laddies on BMX's a crowd then they get Nae crowd!! :greengrin

GordonHFC
09-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Possibly both.

Any chance that Kiss is one of them Brooster?

stu in nottingham
09-07-2015, 11:30 PM
You recall correctly.

Ormiston sold Graham Harvey to Hibs and Ian McParland to Notts County, the money raised allowed them to build a fence round the pitch which was a requirement of getting into the Junior Cup.

And a superb player he was for Notts County too with around 70-odd goals in just three seasons during his stay at Meadow Lane if I recall. Clough really wanted to sign him for Forest but Notts wouldn't allow it.

Tinribs
10-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Unless they class 4 laddies on BMX's a crowd then they get Nae crowd!! :greengrin
Think they do better than that, nae need to take the urine out of them :agree:

Brooster
10-07-2015, 06:03 AM

Just shows you eh. Always someone willing to take a pop, even at a village team like Ormiston. Do they have an axe to grind or just like slagging folk?

andrew70
10-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Or it will be a Pans select.

A gang fi the Pans, whatever next?

In all fairness it will be interesting to see his line up tomorrow. He had a few really good players playing with him when he was at Pencaitland.

superfurryhibby
10-07-2015, 08:38 AM
And a superb player he was for Notts County too with around 70-odd goals in just three seasons during his stay at Meadow Lane if I recall. Clough really wanted to sign him for Forest but Notts wouldn't allow it.

I think County got the better of those two deals. Harvey went straight from Juniors to 1st team football at Hibs. Shows the extent of the demise of Hibs at that time. Stanton had very little to work with during his spell at ER.

Boris
10-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Bumped into one of the Ormiston coaches at the Peffermill 3G at a game last night. Old neighbour from many years ago in Musselburgh (he was just a wee laddie then which makes me feel my age). Confirmed game switched to East Mains & Ormiston have no problems with switch. He said main reason was nothing to do with trialists - it's that the Council hadn't yet lined Ormiston's park & there was no guarantee it would be done by Saturday! In fact he was full of praise for way Hibs have co-operated with a switch & allowing them to still take a 'gate' from the match. Looks like a well done to Hibs on their efforts to interact with the local football community.

Brooster
10-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Bumped into one of the Ormiston coaches at the Peffermill 3G at a game last night. Old neighbour from many years ago in Musselburgh (he was just a wee laddie then which makes me feel my age). Confirmed game switched to East Mains & Ormiston have no problems with switch. He said main reason was nothing to do with trialists - it's that the Council hadn't yet lined Ormiston's park & there was no guarantee it would be done by Saturday! In fact he was full of praise for way Hibs have co-operated with a switch & allowing them to still take a 'gate' from the match. Looks like a well done to Hibs on their efforts to interact with the local football community.

CY by any chance? He's giving you the party line.

FranckSuzy
10-07-2015, 10:46 AM

That's good to hear, well done Hibs :aok: Looking forward to it.

Boris
10-07-2015, 11:24 AM

Correct re CY. His dad JY was a cracking player back in the day - if I recall rightly he played with Ormiston (Primrose) in their Junior days.

eastmainsmsh
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Can remember when Ormiston then primrose had big crowds when they were a very good junior side one of the best team in lothians imo

mim
10-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Goalkeeper Jimmy Kerr was another from Ormiston Primrose. Predecessor to Tommy Younger and league winner with The Famous Five. :flag:

Bearders
10-07-2015, 03:48 PM

Not party line at all. That is key reason for switch of venue. Well done Hibs.

Brooster
10-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Correct re CY. His dad JY was a cracking player back in the day - if I recall rightly he played with Ormiston (Primrose) in their Junior days.

Im not sure what JY's Ormiston credentials are, will find out though. I do however remember watching him lift the Scottish Amateur Cup at Hampden with Pencaitland some 30 years ago. As you say he was a very good player. Was or is involved with youth development at the yams.

Brooster
10-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Not party line at all. That is key reason for switch of venue. Well done Hibs.

Cool. Lets just say its one of a few reasons lol.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2015, 04:05 PM
An old mate of mine, Jackie Raeburn, was involved on Ormiston Primrose committee for a number of years. Solid Hibby too.
I cant attend tomorrow but I'd certainly have made it if I could.

DTS
10-07-2015, 05:49 PM
An old mate of mine, Jackie Raeburn, was involved on Ormiston Primrose committee for a number of years. Solid Hibby too.
I cant attend tomorrow but I'd certainly have made it if I could.

Is that Jackie Raeburn that grew up in abbyhill?

Boris
10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Im not sure what JY's Ormiston credentials are, will find out though. I do however remember watching him lift the Scottish Amateur Cup at Hampden with Pencaitland some 30 years ago. As you say he was a very good player. Was or is involved with youth development at the yams.

Think you're right there Brooster. I'm getting Pencaitland & Ormiston mixed up - once yir past Musselburgh racecourse it's all the same badlands to me!!!

Mikey09
10-07-2015, 11:08 PM

Just shows you eh. Always someone willing to take a pop, even at a village team like Ormiston. Do they have an axe to grind or just like slagging folk?

Was just having a laugh guys... Nae offence intended. I have a wee affinity with Ormiston having played for them on two separate occasions. Once under Walter Borthwick and then under Murray Cheyne and his assistant the legend that is Frank Conor!!! Maybe they get better crowds now but when I played it was a few auld guys standing in that wee tin shed and a couple of laddies!! Says more about my ability to attract a crowd!! My abiding memory of playing under Frank was being sent off and him chasing me up that wee hill to the changing rooms on his walking sticks! Great guy though... :take that

HappyHanlon
11-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Possibly both.

The guy that hides in the bushes was talking about Kiss coming in on trial - could he be playing in this match?

eastmainsmsh
11-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Was just having a laugh guys... Nae offence intended. I have a wee affinity with Ormiston having played for them on two separate occasions. Once under Walter Borthwick and then under Murray Cheyne and his assistant the legend that is Frank Conor!!! Maybe they get better crowds now but when I played it was a few auld guys standing in that wee tin shed and a couple of laddies!! Says more about my ability to attract a crowd!! My abiding memory of playing under Frank was being sent off and him chasing me up that wee hill to the changing rooms on his walking sticks! Great guy though... :take that

Robin or stevie bets?

bingo70
11-07-2015, 12:06 PM
No trialists playing or on bench

oconnors_strip
11-07-2015, 12:07 PM
No trialists playing or on bench

Only 3 named on bench but we might see youth triaists

Radium
11-07-2015, 12:13 PM
John Stephens ‏@JohnStephens07 (https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07/status/619840044208140288)
No trialists for #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) Development Squad today, the side is comprised of the Development Squad for the forthcoming season and a few u17s

Hermit Crab
11-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Keep an eye out for a young hibs player called Andrew Fleming, plays CH. could be a future first teamer.

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 01:35 PM
What's the score?

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 01:40 PM
What's the score?

0-0 5 min to half time

3pm
11-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Half time. 0-0.

3pm
11-07-2015, 02:05 PM
1-0 Hibs.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 02:06 PM
1-0 Hibs number 12 with the goal

silverhibee
11-07-2015, 02:07 PM
1-0 Hibs.

scorer

3pm
11-07-2015, 02:07 PM
scorer

Jack Breen I believe he's called.

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Jack Breen I believe he's called.

Yip. It is Jack Breen.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 02:19 PM
2-0 number 10

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
3-0 number 9

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
3-0

3pm
11-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Olly Shaw with 3rd and Adam Watson with the 2nd.

FranckSuzy
11-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Olly Shaw with 3rd and Adam Watson with the 2nd.

Shame there's no catering for you :tee hee:

3pm
11-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Shame there's no catering for you :tee hee:

Brought crisps!

FranckSuzy
11-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Brought crisps!

What flavour? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 02:38 PM
3-1
Hibs left back giving their right wing a lot of space.

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 02:38 PM
3-1

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 02:39 PM
3-1
Hibs left back giving their right wing a lot of space.

Good shot though.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 02:41 PM
4-1 number 11

Twiglet
11-07-2015, 02:50 PM
4th goal was Sinclair.

oconnors_strip
11-07-2015, 02:53 PM
4-1 number 11

Was actually number 8 jordan sinclair

jdships
11-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Goalkeeper Jimmy Kerr was another from Ormiston Primrose. Predecessor to Tommy Younger and league winner with The Famous Five. :flag:

Was my boyhood hero and he gave me one of his " goalies" jersey's
A fine man !!

PathheadHibby
11-07-2015, 03:21 PM
know he was pleased to get called up to the 20's..... Hope he got a run, also heard good things about him

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Good game today. Impressed with Hibs no 6. Rarely wasted possession and was always available for the pass.

tamig
11-07-2015, 04:43 PM
I think County got the better of those two deals. Harvey went straight from Juniors to 1st team football at Hibs. Shows the extent of the demise of Hibs at that time. Stanton had very little to work with during his spell at ER.

I liked GH. Don't forget he is also a legend of the Albert Kidd game.

HibbyKeith
11-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Good game today. Impressed with Hibs no 6. Rarely wasted possession and was always available for the pass.

Totally agree. Can't believe hearts let him go.

Iggy Pope
11-07-2015, 05:01 PM

So did Colin Stein and Joe Baker.

superfurryhibby
11-07-2015, 09:16 PM
So did Colin Stein and Joe Baker.

Given the gulf in class between Harvey and the players you mention, being extremely talented perhaps helped them a tad? Generally speaking it is asking a lot for someone to go from the East Juniors to the Premier League.

Iggy Pope
12-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Given the gulf in class between Harvey and the players you mention, being extremely talented perhaps helped them a tad? Generally speaking it is asking a lot for someone to go from the East Juniors to the Premier League.

Agree with that, but the step up isn't much of a barometer. Plenty di it. Could have added Blackley and Brownlie..
Graham Harvey had a pretty good career all told.

eastmainsmsh
12-07-2015, 11:29 AM
He was a cracking player as was his brother tom younger brother Ian was as well

superfurryhibby
12-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Agree with that, but the step up isn't much of a barometer. Plenty di it. Could have added Blackley and Brownlie..
Graham Harvey had a pretty good career all told.

He did well when he left Hibs. Decent career, prolific at lower tier level.

On the wider point, again Blackley and Brownlie we exceptional talents. When they played Juniors was it not a case of Hibs sending them out, like they did with Stanton too, in order to get toughened up and learn a bit about what it takes to compete with men?

I think I was thinking that Hibs were in dire straits at the time Harvey was signed. The club was fighting for Premeir League survival and the budget for players was surely as low as it had been in a very long time. Symptomatic of the time, we had been run into the ground by the end of Tom Hart's ownership and Waugh didn't have the funds needed,

Mikey09
12-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Robin or stevie bets?

No mate... I was way better than those two!!! :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
12-07-2015, 08:01 PM
No mate... I was way better than those two!!! :greengrin

Fine I know your think ive nailed it now re username you got sent off when we played down at annan after ten mins lol

Mikey09
12-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Fine I know your think ive nailed it now re username you got sent off when we played down at annan after ten mins lol

:agree:... :faf:

Iggy Pope
13-07-2015, 12:55 PM
He did well when he left Hibs. Decent career, prolific at lower tier level.

On the wider point, again Blackley and Brownlie we exceptional talents. When they played Juniors was it not a case of Hibs sending them out, like they did with Stanton too, in order to get toughened up and learn a bit about what it takes to compete with men?

I think I was thinking that Hibs were in dire straits at the time Harvey was signed. The club was fighting for Premeir League survival and the budget for players was surely as low as it had been in a very long time. Symptomatic of the time, we had been run into the ground by the end of Tom Hart's ownership and Waugh didn't have the funds needed,

Think we signed, Brownlie (Pumpherston) Blackley (Gairdoch United) and Baker and Stein (Armadale) from Junior sides.
All made their Hibs debuts at a very young age as I recall, so I don't think they were farmed out. They just stepped up, all brilliantly.
Graeme Harvey was deemed good enough and was arguably a better signing than those strikers signed just a season or two earlier from pro sides. Joe Ward, Bobby Hutchison and the like.
100% agree with your assessment on the nick of our club in the post-Hart era mind.