PDA

View Full Version : Tranent friendly

HibeeMcGinn1
09-06-2015, 08:34 PM
A Hibs 11 will play Tranent Juniors on Wednesday 22nd July at Foresters Park, Tranent.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-06-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm on the committee of the juniors now so my loyalties will be tested.

5v5 draw will do.

Heedersnvolleys
09-06-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm on the committee of the juniors now so my loyalties will be tested.

5v5 draw will do.
Have the juniors not spent more than Hibs this close season:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Tranent friendly - Those are two words you don't see alongside each other very often! :greengrin

Waxy
09-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Tranent friendly - Those are two words you don't see alongside each other very often! :greengrin
Is Tranent an unfriendly place? I've never been. Surely the folks must have similarities to Edinburgh folks? Could anyone sum up Tranent in a few words?

tomhorn
09-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Is Tranent an unfriendly place? I've never been. Surely the folks must have similarities to Edinburgh folks? Could anyone sum up Tranent in a few words?

The Big T

Brooster
09-06-2015, 09:20 PM

A great place to live and the home of East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club.

.Sean.
09-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Are we running a bus?

SteveHFC
09-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Anyone from the Dalkeith area want to organise a bus for this.

Brooster
09-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Are we running a bus?

Haha. Lets all meet in the Brig then march up to Forresters Park behind the drummer 45 mins before kick off. Non members welcome.

SaulGoodman
09-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Haha. Lets all meet in the Brig then march up to Forresters Park behind the drummer 45 mins before kick off. Non members welcome.

What times the bus at? :wink:

.Sean.
09-06-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm tempted to take a half day for this :greengrin

Mikey09
09-06-2015, 09:37 PM

Ian Black... :take that

Pedantic_Hibee
09-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Have the juniors not spent more than Hibs this close season:greengrin

That's probably an accurate assessment to be fair!

Heedersnvolleys
09-06-2015, 09:50 PM
That's probably an accurate assessment to be fair!
Can you not change the colours, a lot hibees on the committee now is there not :wink:

andrew70
10-06-2015, 07:38 AM
Ian Black... :take that

Ah you've heard about his possible free transfer to Tranent as well then....more pity his hometown club if that ever came off!?

Hopefully the .... does make an appearance though, as he often does at Forresters but he's a coward so he'll stay away that night, no doubt.

liamh2202
10-06-2015, 07:53 AM
To some up tranent ... Its like the pans but without the beach and train station so not quite as good ;)

scoopyboy
10-06-2015, 08:56 AM
To some up tranent ... Its like the pans but without the beach and train station so not quite as good ;)

You must be a panner, ie not educated.

It would be to sum up not some.

Stick to stealing hub caps.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I thought the title meant something along the lines of "dolphin friendly".

snooky
10-06-2015, 09:46 AM

Nothing better than adding a wee bit fire to the friendly rivalry between Turnent & ra Pans. :greengrin

liamh2202
10-06-2015, 10:49 AM
You must be a panner, ie not educated.

It would be to sum up not some.

Stick to stealing hub caps.

😀

Bad Martini
10-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Hmm, Tranent v Prestonpans...does it make any odds? Dont you all play banjos anyway :na na::na na::na na::na na::greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

.Sean.
10-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Tranent's no bad but let's be honest, not a patch on Haddington.

Pride of the Lothians :greengrin

fatbloke
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
That will do me nicely. Loads of room for me and ma wheelchair:greengrin

SMAXXA
10-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Tranent are getting great support from the club -

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=121651698166300&id=100009644108963

Geo_1875
10-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Hmm, Tranent v Prestonpans...does it make any odds? Dont you all play banjos anyway :na na::na na::na na::na na::greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

They're all swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Brooster
10-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Tranent are getting great support from the club -

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=121651698166300&id=100009644108963

Excellent, well dont Hibs and Tranent Juniors. With increased resources and first class facilities the Manager should have an easy job this season.....no pressure!!

SMAXXA
10-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Excellent, well dont Hibs and Tranent Juniors. With increased resources and first class facilities the Manager should have an easy job this season.....no pressure!!

The clubs made some good progress and are trying to make inroads into the community side of things and having the support of Hibs is excellent for all concenrned. What was really impresive was that Tranent contacted George Craig and Leeanne Dempster re the preseason and a couple of other things and George came back within an hour or so adreessing the points in the mail and thanking Tranent for the contact. He believed Hibs could support with things and rather than exchange over email he invited the Tranent manager down to East Mains to discuss further. That then followed and we were welcomed into HTC with open arms, got shown around the facilities and had a meeting with George Craig and Findlay Stark. Agreement was reached very quickly for Hibs to provide preseason facilities for Tranent, agreement to participate in a local tournament on the 18th and 19th of July at Foresters (community fund day with bouncy castles, face painting for kids etc), agreement to play in the friendly mentioned above and allowing the Tranent managment team to spend the day at East Mains during the season to watch training and interact with the squad and coaching staff.

This is a really good news story and shows the difference the club is making to the community and to Hibs fans. Interstingly enough the Tranent management team of 5 are all Hibs fans :wink:. Things like this can get easily overlooked but I beleive its important to recognise the club for this great work.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
A Hibs 11 will play Tranent Juniors on Wednesday 22nd July at Foresters Park, Tranent.

Definitely attending. Be nice to see the Hibs gracing a pitch that I scored on. (albeit against 'Whispers' in the ESAFA East and assuming the Juniors still play there :greengrin)

Well done Hibs.

Brooster
10-06-2015, 04:29 PM
The clubs made some good progress and are trying to make inroads into the community side of things and having the support of Hibs is excellent for all concenrned. What was really impresive was that Tranent contacted George Craig and Leeanne Dempster re the preseason and a couple of other things and George came back within an hour or so adreessing the points in the mail and thanking Tranent for the contact. He believed Hibs could support with things and rather than exchange over email he invited the Tranent manager down to East Mains to discuss further. That then followed and we were welcomed into HTC with open arms, got shown around the facilities and had a meeting with George Craig and Findlay Stark. Agreement was reached very quickly for Hibs to provide preseason facilities for Tranent, agreement to participate in a local tournament on the 18th and 19th of July at Foresters (community fund day with bouncy castles, face painting for kids etc), agreement to play in the friendly mentioned above and allowing the Tranent managment team to spend the day at East Mains during the season to watch training and interact with the squad and coaching staff.

This is a really good news story and shows the difference the club is making to the community and to Hibs fans. Interstingly enough the Tranent management team of 5 are all Hibs fans :wink:. Things like this can get easily overlooked but I beleive its important to recognise the club for this great work.

What a great story Smaxxa. Hats off to both parties for taking respective clubs forward. I can also reiterate what you say about George and Leanne, they were excellent when East Lothian Hibs contacted them regarding a couple of initiatives. They were also good to Ormiston Primrose. Lets hope Hibs, Tranent and Ormiston all win their respective leagues.

Kojock
10-06-2015, 04:37 PM
What a great story Smaxxa. Hats off to both parties for taking respective clubs forward. I can also reiterate what you say about George and Leanne, they were excellent when East Lothian Hibs contacted them regarding a couple of initiatives. They were also good to Ormiston Primrose. Lets hope Hibs, Tranent and Ormiston all win their respective leagues.

And if they don't we can always blame Petrie.....

patch1875
10-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Been in Tranent a few years... I'm Moving ;-)

scoopyboy
10-06-2015, 04:41 PM

I have said for years that Tranent were in danger of becoming a forgotten club, I tell stories about old Tranent games in the Scottish and the crowds they used to draw and youngsters think I am winding them up. The youth of Tranent have no idea how big Tranent Juniors were. Macmerry MW used to run a bus to every away game in the Scottish as did the other local boozers and clubs. As the older supporters die off I was concerned that it was going to be too late to resurrect the club's fortunes.

I have been following the new regime with great interest and have decided to buy a season ticket to show my support.

As Brooster stated, no pressure mate.

SMAXXA
10-06-2015, 05:59 PM

That's the idea of the local tournament, will be Tranent, Haddington, Ormiston and Hibs. Ormiston are part of the Tranent community club and the club have also got the tie up with Hibs so will be really good for the community. FREE entry to the tournament aswell with hopefully a good family occasion with some good football.

The Tranent coach who attended the meeting with George Craig commented that it's the most open he's seen hibs in 30 years. He previously got declined to spend time at EM and was welcomed in by Hearts which stuck in his throat so was delighted to see the progress with his own club as he put it.

McD
10-06-2015, 06:00 PM

Anyone know now what time the kickoff will be? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-06-2015, 08:13 PM

A brilliant, feel good factor, story. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

WHAM
10-06-2015, 10:36 PM
I have said for years that Tranent were in danger of becoming a forgotten club, I tell stories about old Tranent games in the Scottish and the crowds they used to draw and youngsters think I am winding them up. The youth of Tranent have no idea how big Tranent Juniors were. Macmerry MW used to run a bus to every away game in the Scottish as did the other local boozers and clubs. As the older supporters die off I was concerned that it was going to be too late to resurrect the club's fortunes.

I have been following the new regime with great interest and have decided to buy a season ticket to show my support.

As Brooster stated, no pressure mate.

I've heard a few legendary tales Scoop...including a certain game against Auchinleck Talbot at some point in the 70s...

Tranent Hibby
10-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Anyone know now what time the kickoff will be? :greengrin

Will post KO tomorrow probably 6-45pm just waiting to confirm

snooky
10-06-2015, 11:40 PM
I've heard a few legendary tales Scoop...including a certain game against Auchinleck Talbot at some point in the 70s...

And against Cambus!ang in the Scottish at Foresters Park around the same time. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
11-06-2015, 05:46 AM

My grandad came from Tranent. He died crashing a RAF fighter into a chimney towards the end of WW2. Thing is he was an aircraft technician and not a pilot, he just decided when he was pissed that he'd show them flyboys that what they do is easy. :greengrin The RAF had the last laugh though, they buried him in Tranent graveyard with a pilot's headstone.

Anyway that wee story pretty much sums up the folks from Tranent and my family.

JIm
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
And against Cambus!ang in the Scottish at Foresters Park around the same time. :greengrin

Do share......i've heard a few crackers but its always Auchinleck stories that are told!

Great to see Hibs engaging with local clubs and supporting the great work they do. Also as a Pencaitlander great to see Smally getting the backing, Junior football on the up again in East Lothain :flag:

WHAM
11-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Do share......i've heard a few crackers but its always Auchinleck stories that are told!

Great to see Hibs engaging with local clubs and supporting the great work they do. Also as a Pencaitlander great to see Smally getting the backing, Junior football on the up again in East Lothain :flag:

Never heard the Cambuslang either.

I was told about another wild game against Bathgate/Broxburn or some other West Lothian team who brought an Orange Band with them and tried to parade around the ground before kick off....

..." Then came the cry that stopped it all "The Big T Boys are out!"" :-)

scoopyboy
11-06-2015, 12:24 PM

I was told about another wild game against Bathgate/Broxburn or some other West Lothian team who brought an Orange Band with them and tried to parade around the ground before kick off....

It was Broxburn Adam, more arrests at that game than there was at the old firm game.

East Lothian Courier had court cases reported for months afterwards, a lot of it was great reading. A lot of people done for Police assault as well.

Regarding the Auchinleck Talbot games they were incredible, no doubt your Dad or Uncle Dougie or Uncle Twin would have been the ones who told you.

First game there was a few bus loads through and they made the fatal mistake of going to the Crosskeys before the game. Tranent won a great game of football 4-3 but it emerged afterwards that Tranent had played a protest. Unbelievably the SJFA made the teams replay the game the following Saturday again at Forresters, this time there was even more visiting fans but Tranent won 4-1.

Really big crowds at both games.

snooky
11-06-2015, 12:39 PM

Cambuslang had Tranent 'watched' before the tie and were told that there would be no problems.
Tranent were worth winners with a 2-0 scoreline (Johnston & Ritchie, IIRC). Cracking 1st goal, BTW.
Don't think there was any crowd trouble just disappointed CR fans.

The Broxburn game was a cracker. I've never seen so much crowd trouble.
Tranent's just not that kind of place you know.:cb

WHAM
11-06-2015, 12:55 PM
It was Broxburn Adam, more arrests at that game than there was at the old firm game.

East Lothian Courier had court cases reported for months afterwards, a lot of it was great reading. A lot of people done for Police assault as well.

Regarding the Auchinleck Talbot games they were incredible, no doubt your Dad or Uncle Dougie or Uncle Twin would have been the ones who told you.

First game there was a few bus loads through and they made the fatal mistake of going to the Crosskeys before the game. Tranent won a great game of football 4-3 but it emerged afterwards that Tranent had played a protest. Unbelievably the SJFA made the teams replay the game the following Saturday again at Forresters, this time there was even more visiting fans but Tranent won 4-1.

Really big crowds at both games.

Haha. Yeh, one of them claims to be the instigator of the shenanigans but I can't remember who.

Did Tranent not play Auchinleck in the scottish during the 90s as well? IIRC I think there was at least 1,500 at Forresters that day. I was pretty young but still remember it being mobbed.

Would be good to see crowds like that back.

Brooster
11-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Have you guys ever thought about applying for a job at the Tranent Tourism Bureau? It may be worth adding that these incidents happened at least 30 years ago and that anyone wishing to go to the game next month will be made more than welcome haha.

scoopyboy
11-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Have you guys ever thought about applying for a job at the Tranent Tourism Bureau? It may be worth adding that these incidents happened at least 30 years ago and that anyone wishing to go to the game next month will be made more than welcome haha.

Probably scaring people away from the town Stevie rather than attracting them.

Tourism meant to attract them...........................I think.

Keith_M
11-06-2015, 01:41 PM

Forever in the shadow of the Wally-Toi!

:wink: