PDA

View Full Version : Police Helicopter Saw Puma On Arthur's Seat

Mr White
08-06-2015, 12:13 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/police-helicopter-saw-puma-on-arthur-s-seat-1-3795491

Bit of a strange story here in that it happened 3 years ago and is only now being reported. I'm intrigued by the idea of a large cat prowling about the town but I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some more evidence of it's presence. Judging by the comments on the story there are a few folk who claim to have seen large cats in craigmillar and morningside.

Sorry I can't get the link active from my phone.

The_Horde
08-06-2015, 05:54 PM
That's mad. I know there's long been rumours and reported sightings of large cats around balerno way. Surely someone could find them though?

Moulin Yarns
09-06-2015, 12:24 PM
That's mad. I know there's long been rumours and reported sightings of large cats around balerno way. Surely someone could find them though?

There are thought to be between 20 and 25 large cats of one species in Perthshire, another 50 thought to be in Angus. The fact that sightings are few and far between is down to the secretive nature of them and their natural wariness of humans.

We were discussing this in the office and they are likely to be crepuscular in habit making sightings less likely, and looking at Arthur's Seat, you have dense undergrowth around Duddingston Loch, Prestonfield, Liberton and Duddingston Golf courses, Craigmillar Castle, Inch Park along the Braid and Burdiehouse burns, you are then onto Blackford Hill and the Hermitage of Braid and you suddenly realise how a big cat could keep out of site in Edinburgh.

snooky
18-06-2015, 10:21 PM
There are thought to be between 20 and 25 large cats of one species in Perthshire, another 50 thought to be in Angus. The fact that sightings are few and far between is down to the secretive nature of them and their natural wariness of humans.

We were discussing this in the office and they are likely to be crepuscular in habit making sightings less likely, and looking at Arthur's Seat, you have dense undergrowth around Duddingston Loch, Prestonfield, Liberton and Duddingston Golf courses, Craigmillar Castle, Inch Park along the Braid and Burdiehouse burns, you are then onto Blackford Hill and the Hermitage of Braid and you suddenly realise how a big cat could keep out of site in Edinburgh.

We've had players do that at ER - it canny be that hard to do. :wink:

Hermit Crab
19-06-2015, 07:38 AM
I went up Arthur's seat on Monday and the only Pumas I seen were the gutties on people's feet.

Future17
19-06-2015, 10:46 AM
We were discussing this in the office and they are likely to be crepuscular in habit making sightings less likely...

Cracking wordage sir! :greengrin

offshorehibby
21-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Off topic a bit but dad has a couple of young roe deer in a bit of scrub land at the back of his house in Muirhouse.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Off topic a bit but dad has a couple of young roe deer in a bit of scrub land at the back of his house in Muirhouse.

I'll get my gun.

easty
21-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I'll get my gun.

You bring the gun, I'll bring the big knife, frying pan, olive oil and seasoning.