PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Dublin? Ireland v Scotland

Pages : [1] 2

Bristolhibby
08-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Flying over from Bristol on Friday morning.

Meeting my uncle and two cousins over there.

Can't wait.

It's going to be a long 4 days in the office.

J

El Gubbz
08-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Trying to find a relatively cheap way of getting there and back between clocking out Friday afternoon and back at my desk by 10am Monday but not fancying the 19hour coach trip.

Anyone booked something similar in the last few days?

JimBHibees
08-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Trying to find a relatively cheap way of getting there and back between clocking out Friday afternoon and back at my desk by 10am Monday but not fancying the 19hour coach trip.

Is driving and ferry an option?

El Gubbz
08-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Is driving and ferry an option?
Yeah, I'm hoping I can persuade someone who can take me and my keg if that's what it comes down to!

Lee Marvin
08-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Up be there from Thursday. Tickets for the home end secured. Literally cannot wait, the booze up before the actual game will be incredible.

Anyone any idea how many Scots are making the trip over roughly?

soupy
08-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Me, flying out Friday night back Monday afternoon, could be a
tad messy!!!

Dalianwanda
08-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Ooooh to be able to come over here with sterling....:party: Kings for the weekend :wink:

Newry Hibs
08-06-2015, 09:23 AM

Considered getting to Belfast and training it from Belfast to Dublin (2 hours)?

El Gubbz
08-06-2015, 09:35 AM
£88 return leaving Friday night and getting home Sunday eveninghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/08/b2b75d25b00d79a032e704a8f908f0e1.jpg http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/08/5bfffd47d37e5fdf434ea324bc8ec03d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacBean
08-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Head out Friday morning ferry at 11. Buzzing cannot wait

NthCarolinaHibs
08-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Leaving Thursday lunchtime flight to Belfast..bus doon to Dublin..back on Monday 🍀 🍀

kennyh
08-06-2015, 01:27 PM
heading to Cork Friday and coming up on the train sat morning. TA website showed a fair few heading into cork Friday, flight over should be a laugh.

Home end T's sorted. Cannae wait

bod
08-06-2015, 01:31 PM
leaving friday morning on the 10.30 ferry from Cairnryan back Sunday night
any spare tickets for either end would be welcome

PatHead
08-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Son driving to Ayr, going on a bus from Ayr leaving early Saturday, think ferry is 7.00am out and back on Sunday evening ferry from Belfast to Stranraer.

Getting too old for this malarkey.

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Should be great for all going (not me). Scotland's biggest game for a good while.

Frazerbob
08-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Flying out Friday morning from Aberdeen. Friday night in Malahide then disco bus to Dublin on Saturday. Couple of pints on the cards.

Brummie_Hibs
08-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Out on Saturday morning, back on Sunday. The less time spent there the better.

Potty78
08-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Fly out from Liverpool fri night back early Sunday. Looking forward to it:thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
08-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Out on Saturday morning, back on Sunday. The less time spent there the better.

Not a fan of Dublin then?

J

monktonharp
09-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Out on Saturday morning, back on Sunday. The less time spent there the better. you nuts? I will be travelling from Edin. on Friday 9pm. staying at friends that night. 6 of us, 3 guys staying North Dublin, 3 women staying South Dublin. we will meet at the game, tickets all sorted, corporate ,meal/bar etc the full monty and I will owe my best friend's laddie big style as he has helped us ,no end. He has treated me as his uncle, (although no relation) since he was a wee tot, and I will never forget that. looking forward to this match so much, and hope we can give them a going over. I was at the Celtic Cup match last time in the Aviva Stadium and felt we had done enough to win, although they beat us 1 nil. I just need to make sure I dinnae turn up pished :greengrin

Sean1875
09-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Will be watching it in Melbourne with the Melbourne TA, the game kicks off at 2 AM local time here on saturday night/sunday morning so will be interesting to see how much of the game I actually remember :greengrin

H18sry
09-06-2015, 06:22 AM
We have 53 of us on a coach leaving Edinburgh on Friday @0630 then 1030 ferry then coach down the hill all staying in Jury's Inn

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:sal tireflag:saltireflag

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2015, 06:55 AM
Ferry out Friday morning from Cairnryan to Belfast and returning Monday afternoon. Tickets sorted. Canny wait:aok:

Brummie_Hibs
09-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Not a fan of Dublin then?

J

Nah, it's like a drab, depressed North English town with London prices. And I don't like Guinness.

Save the time-off and money for Faro and Tblissi (there for a week).

lyonhibs
09-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Nah, it's like a drab, depressed North English town with London prices. And I don't like Guinness.

You'll have to forgive me, but are you still based in /anywhere near Birmingham ?

For my part, I'll be watching it as the overwhelming minority in an Irish pub here in ZH if that counts :-P

Brummie_Hibs
09-06-2015, 07:50 AM
You'll have to forgive me, but are you still based in /anywhere near Birmingham ?

For my part, I'll be watching it as the overwhelming minority in an Irish pub here in ZH if that counts :-P

No, moved to London a long time a long time ago. Birmingham is worse than Dublin.

JimBHibees
09-06-2015, 08:01 AM

Quite surprised to see that been to Dublin a few times and every time thought it was great.

Brummie_Hibs
09-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Quite surprised to see that been to Dublin a few times and every time thought it was great.

Everybody is different I suppose. I think London is one of the best cities in the world - many others will disagree.

Anyway, just need those 3 points on Saturday! Feeling quite nervous, which is unusual, as over the past 15 years or so, Hibs and Scotland has sapped any notion of optimism from me. However, it might just be coming back...

JimBHibees
09-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Everybody is different I suppose. I think London is one of the best cities in the world - many others will disagree.

Anyway, just need those 3 points on Saturday! Feeling quite nervous, which is unusual, as over the past 15 years or so, Hibs and Scotland has sapped any notion of optimism from me. However, it might just be coming back...

Agree about London also, fantastic place. :aok:

I think Scotland can win on Saturday as we are IMO a better football team while Ireland are more physical. We will see important we dont lose though.

Dalianwanda
09-06-2015, 09:25 AM

Well I don't live there any more (was there 8 years), moved out last year. Have to say you've not been there for a long time or at all. Dublin is an amazing city, vibrant,exciting and welcoming...it's been coming alive with a host of new restaurants, clubs and cultural spaces exhibitions and festivals. To make the comparisons your making shows you've either never been or just hung around in the wrong places...stay out of temple bar, dawson street and the beer prices are fine..and there's been a big rise in craft brewing so plenty of choice outside guinness

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2015, 09:47 AM

Doesn't compare to Singapore though does it? 😎

LeithSqualk
09-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Me and a fellow hibee and token jambo flying to Belfast on Friday, coach on Saturday morning and fly back from Dublin on Monday. Should be a great trip and get my fill of some football.

Brummie_Hibs
09-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Doesn't compare to Singapore though does it? 

Ha! The Sportsman has changed a lot. I was last there about 14 months ago!

Bad Martini
09-06-2015, 12:41 PM
On a related yet unrelated (but not enough to call this a hijack :greengrin) the odds on our beating them arent to shabby. Willie Hill will be paying me £20 bar come Saturday evening when we give them a good old skelping or, even, and equally pleasing and GIRFUY O'Neil, scabby one nil with the ball riocheting around everywhere and eventually going in off the back a totally unexpectant arse cheek. I care not.

Three points and WE'LL BE COMING!!!! :saltireflag :saltireflag :saltireflag :saltireflag

lyonhibs
09-06-2015, 12:51 PM
No, moved to London a long time a long time ago. Birmingham is worse than Dublin.

Ah, that makes sense.

I liked Dublin a lot more than I thought I would but having been to Birmingham many times, the thought did occur to me more than once that, especially the New Street area, there's nothing much there that would be especially missed if it all mysteriously evaporated in the night.

Anyway, like you say, 3 points is all that matters. I think even if we avoid a loss we give ourselves a great chance.

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Ha! The Sportsman has changed a lot. I was last there about 14 months ago!

😀 Not been back for years but once Harry passed away it was always going to go one way. Still, the good times were good!

superbam
09-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Well I don't live there any more (was there 8 years), moved out last year. Have to say you've not been there for a long time or at all. Dublin is an amazing city, vibrant,exciting and welcoming...it's been coming alive with a host of new restaurants, clubs and cultural spaces exhibitions and festivals. To make the comparisons your making shows you've either never been or just hung around in the wrong places...stay out of temple bar, dawson street and the beer prices are fine..and there's been a big rise in craft brewing so plenty of choice outside guinness

Indeed!
Dublin is an amazing city, and the diversity and choice available to support a good weekend has mushroomed over the past few years, even from a pretty good base. You would have to be pretty intentional about having a ***** time.
Venture a few blocks outside the rip off temple bar tourist trap, in pretty much any direction (there is a concentration of good pubs in particular just to the south), and you have an incredible selection of diverse places drink that are now not far off Edinburgh prices.

broondog
09-06-2015, 10:28 PM

agreed. Dublin is a depressing hole of a place

Dalianwanda
09-06-2015, 10:35 PM

Stay away then...

Carheenlea
09-06-2015, 10:52 PM

My wife is from Galway, and I have been to Dublin many times, but I must admit to not taking to the city right away. May have been because what I imagined Dublin to be was not what it actually was, but on subsequent visits I have enjoyed the city more every time. Funnily enough, my wife was not impressed with Glasgow on her first visit (surprisingly, seeing as it was a romantic trip to Ibrox early in the relationship to witness a 3-0 demolition of Rangers in the Scottish Cup) but after a few visits now loves a night out there.

bigstu
09-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Driving from Aberdeen to Edinburgh Friday night
Saturday morning flight to Belfast
Train from Belfast to Dublin
Hoping no part of the journey is delayed or we're in bother.
Back the same way on Monday.
It's gonna be a big one!!

stoneyburn hibs
09-06-2015, 11:00 PM
If any of you guys are looking for somewhere decent to eat in Dublin, then head to the Thai Spice restaurant. Had a fantastic meal there last Friday.

mglancy23
10-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Fly out from Liverpool fri night back early Sunday. Looking forward to it:thumbsup:

Same flight as me. We are getting the 12ish train from Waverly down.

broondog
10-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Stay away then...

don't worry pal I will. Want us to win and think it would be a huge step for us if we did. I just find the whole ethos of the tartan army embarrassing and would never return to Dublin again unless I have to for work.

bod
10-06-2015, 03:34 PM
If any of you guys are looking for somewhere decent to eat in Dublin, then head to the Thai Spice restaurant. Had a fantastic meal there last Friday.

eatins cheatin

PatHead
10-06-2015, 03:54 PM
eatins cheatin

Are we allowed to eat pie?

Dalianwanda
10-06-2015, 05:59 PM
don't worry pal I will. Want us to win and think it would be a huge step for us if we did. I just find the whole ethos of the tartan army embarrassing and would never return to Dublin again unless I have to for work.

Fair enough on the tartan army thing, not my cup of tea either....hope everyone has a great time of course..

To say the place is a hole just shows a bit of ignorance..bad bits like anywhere but the place has a unique buzz..

And I'm there for work today ;-)

Frazerbob
10-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Here we go, got there in the end. What is the "ethos of the tartan army"?

james62
10-06-2015, 10:37 PM

Don't understand this comment, I've been fortunate enough to go on several Scotland away trips as well as Odense, Elfsborg, Maribor and Malmo with Hibs and generally speaking it's all very similar, a group of folk who travel abroad to watch a team they're passionate about and barring the occasional idiot are also there to have a good time no matter what the result :agree:

broondog
10-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Here we go, got there in the end. What is the "ethos of the tartan army"?

I just don't buy into it, didn't realise it was an issue really. The majority of Hibees i attend games with feel the same as do many others I presume. Like I said before hope we get a result but I think it is totally different to the last few times we have been away in Europe. Malmo was a great away trip and it's always been much more special with Hibs. With Scotland I just don't see the point in all of it. Grown men who plan their holidays around Scotland's qualifying calendar, who on the day of the trip dust their kilts off to get tanked up and make a fool of themselves in the name of "banter". Just isn't me i'm afriad

broondog
10-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Fair enough on the tartan army thing, not my cup of tea either....hope everyone has a great time of course..

To say the place is a hole just shows a bit of ignorance..bad bits like anywhere but the place has a unique buzz..

And I'm there for work today ;-)

Fair enough. I'm sure Dublin has some nice parts. my experience of the place has been nothing but negative though. I think I expected too much and coming from Edinburgh, it's a big ask for any place to impress

Ronniekirk
10-06-2015, 10:56 PM

Not if you know where to go .Was last there the day Dundee United relegated us as didn't want to be at the game .,ended up with a bus load of Barnsley supporters who had gone there the same weekend as they were about to.be relegated .

Dalianwanda
11-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Fair enough. I'm sure Dublin has some nice parts. my experience of the place has been nothing but negative though. I think I expected too much and coming from Edinburgh, it's a big ask for any place to impress

Aye for sure, same as Edinburgh has some dodgy parts too. Dublins never going to beat Edinburgh in a beauty parade that's for sure but certainly beats it for character & buzz :-)

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2015, 06:41 AM
I just don't buy into it, didn't realise it was an issue really. The majority of Hibees i attend games with feel the same as do many others I presume. Like I said before hope we get a result but I think it is totally different to the last few times we have been away in Europe. Malmo was a great away trip and it's always been much more special with Hibs. With Scotland I just don't see the point in all of it. Grown men who plan their holidays around Scotland's qualifying calendar, who on the day of the trip dust their kilts off to get tanked up and make a fool of themselves in the name of "banter". Just isn't me i'm afriad

Malmo was indeed a great away trip, substitute the green and white for tartan and what was different? I have done both Scotland and Hibs away trips in Europe, and its exactly the same just different colours and mainly the same results?

:confused:

H18sry
11-06-2015, 06:52 AM

I was also in Malmo and l attend Scotland away matches and in Malmo l saw as many drunken fans enjoying themselves as l do on Scotland trips. And many of these fans had kilts on.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2015, 06:55 AM
I was also in Malmo and l attend Scotland away matches and in Malmo l saw as many drunken fans enjoying themselves as l do on Scotland trips. And many of these fans had kilts on.

:top marks All that's different is the colours.

Frazerbob
11-06-2015, 08:25 AM

You might as well copy and paste any of the previous dozens of threads that appear around every Scotland game, mostly posted by folk who have never actually been to an away game. "Shortbread tins, See You Jimmy Hats, flashing the locals" blah blah blah.

I've followed Scotland (and Hibs) abroad for 20 odd years. Both are great fun, both involve passionate fans supporting their team. The only difference is, with Scotland I get to go more often and I get to enjoy the trips with mates who follow other clubs. In my group there are ST holders at Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Raith, Peterhead and some who don't follow a club. They all care passionately about Scotland and also see it as a chance to get away with the boys, see parts of the World you would never normally visit and whilst we love a bevvy and a laugh, never cause any bother. In fact the only time I have seen any trouble from Scotland fans was at Wembley in '96. Two guesses as to who was at the centre of the fighting? Every city is delighted to welcome the Scotland fans, we spend a fortune and create a great atmosphere for a few days and that's without mentioning the amazing charity work done for local causes. Literarily thousands of pounds donated on every single trip. Google the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal or Tartan Army Children's Charity......go on, I dare you.

So, tell me about that "ethos" you don't buy into!

MacBean
11-06-2015, 09:23 AM
You might as well copy and paste any of the previous dozens of threads that appear around every Scotland game, mostly posted by folk who have never actually been to an away game. "Shortbread tins, See You Jimmy Hats, flashing the locals" blah blah blah.

I've followed Scotland (and Hibs) abroad for 20 odd years. Both are great fun, both involve passionate fans supporting their team. The only difference is, with Scotland I get to go more often and I get to enjoy the trips with mates who follow other clubs. In my group there are ST holders at Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Raith, Peterhead and some who don't follow a club. They all care passionately about Scotland and also see it as a chance to get away with the boys, see parts of the World you would never normally visit and whilst we love a bevvy and a laugh, never cause any bother. In fact the only time I have seen any trouble from Scotland fans was at Wembley in '96. Two guesses as to who was at the centre of the fighting? Every city is delighted to welcome the Scotland fans, we spend a fortune and create a great atmosphere for a few days and that's without mentioning the amazing charity work done for local causes. Literarily thousands of pounds donated on every single trip. Google the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal or Tartan Army Children's Charity......go on, I dare you.

So, tell me about that "ethos" you don't buy into!

:thumbsup::top marks:not worth

Absolutely spot on. Those who make comments about the Tartan army being embarrasing or not buying to this "ethos" have probably never experienced it.

As mentioned elsewhere it is exactly the same as an away trip with hibs, but in different colours and with more of your mates who you'd not normally go on a football trip with.

Almost half of the group I'm travelling with tomorrow (56 of us) also went to Malmo, where there were fountains filled with soap liquid, bevy in the streets, chatting up the locals etc. The same things that are denounced if you do it as part of the TA.

I love Scotland trips, and I dont think it's a case of people making thier holidays work around away days with scotland, most people do them in a day or two.

BSEJVT
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
I have seen dozens more drunken obnoxious ********s at Hibs Semi's & Finals than I have ever seen around Scotland games.

Following Scotland away used to be almost a right of passage for football supporters and despite the inter club rivalries that now exist and sully the game, there is none of that at Scotland games and any inter club rivalry is just good natured banter as it used to be in most places.

Pubs and Clubs up and down the country used to run savings schemes and organise trips to Wembley every two years, my old man did it for over 30 years and made life lasting friendships as a result.

Seeing Scotland beat England at Wembley as part of that is truly one of my greatest joys in my life.

If its not for you don't get involved, but don't criticise things from afar you cant comprehend and haven't experienced.

bigstu
11-06-2015, 04:58 PM
This will be my 5th Scotland away trip so I am relatively new to it. I am going with a Rangers fan & a Celtic fan, all club & religious issues are put to one side & we just have a good time! No fighting, no issues, just everyone walking around with big smiles on their faces enjoying life & the company of fellow Scots. it is particularly good at the moment as the team is playing better so I intend to have a great weekend & I think those that criticise the tartan army need to get the chip off their shoulders & either come & experience it or shut up about it & let us enjoy ourselves.

Dalianwanda
11-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Just got called a gay paddy by a dude in a kilt drinking out a bottle of whisky!

Him aside popped into molloys and atmosphere building nicely...weather warm but now cloudy..I'm leaving Dublin in an hour..have a ball the lot of you and tidy up after yerselves I'm back again next week :-)

JohnStephens91
11-06-2015, 05:34 PM
When I was coming back to Edinburgh from Cologne (well, Dusseldorf-Weeze) earlier today, the airport was filled with guys in kilts and Scotland tops. Seems like a huge away following is going to the game.

monktonharp
11-06-2015, 11:49 PM
getting rather exited at this stage. the only other Scotland away games I've attended were the last time (Celtic cup) in the Aviva, and the year we got severely pumped in Wembley 5-1. Stewart Kennedy in goals? this must have been '76 if I recall. this occasion, and the cost are both covered by close friends for both the accommodation and the match experience and I owe them big style for this. However, I have friends that have travelled the world, to follow our national team and respect them hugely. I hope to meet up with a few, in Dublin for a jar.

Brummie_Hibs
12-06-2015, 10:50 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHSZlMuW8AAK1Qh.jpg:large

lyonhibs
12-06-2015, 10:54 AM

To be honest, I used to have a roughly similar opinion of the Tartan Army as you. All seemed a bit caricature, "wha's like us" chat, an odd kind of one upmanship because we like a bevy but - in general - manage to not smash a place up whilst doing so.

Then I went to the game in Dortmund and I have to say, as 1 of 2 members of the recently formed Zurich Tartan Army (this is a joke, there's isn't actually a TA branch here!) I'm converted. The atmosphere is brilliant, there's no-one really "making a fool of themselves" - apart from Fairy Liquid in the fountain, but that harms no-one.

There are lots of drunk people, yes, but not drunk and disorderly, just having a good time with mates. I daresay there's the odd exception to that rule, but nowhere near as high a % as you'll find in the Roseburn End on Derby Day, sorry to say.

There's the old legend with the Nessie hat who the TV crews love, and in general I got nothing but a good vibe off the locals as well (ended up chatting some almost certainly pish German with some Frauleines after the game).

A very enjoyable experience as long as you don't take yourself too seriously. I plan on repeating it in the Algarve come October.

Frazerbob
12-06-2015, 12:17 PM
To be honest, I used to have a roughly similar opinion of the Tartan Army as you. All seemed a bit caricature, "wha's like us" chat, an odd kind of one upmanship because we like a bevy but - in general - manage to not smash a place up whilst doing so.

Then I went to the game in Dortmund and I have to say, as 1 of 2 members of the recently formed Zurich Tartan Army (this is a joke, there's isn't actually a TA branch here!) I'm converted. The atmosphere is brilliant, there's no-one really "making a fool of themselves" - apart from Fairy Liquid in the fountain, but that harms no-one.

There are lots of drunk people, yes, but not drunk and disorderly, just having a good time with mates. I daresay there's the odd exception to that rule, but nowhere near as high a % as you'll find in the Roseburn End on Derby Day, sorry to say.

There's the old legend with the Nessie hat who the TV crews love, and in general I got nothing but a good vibe off the locals as well (ended up chatting some almost certainly pish German with some Frauleines after the game).

A very enjoyable experience as long as you don't take yourself too seriously. I plan on repeating it in the Algarve come October.

That legend is a guy called Ludo. He's been to over 100 away games. He actually gave it all up a few years ago but nearly died of a heart attack (I believe, may be wrong) so decided life should be lived to the full and hasn't missed a game since. Top man'

WHAM
12-06-2015, 01:00 PM
That legend is a guy called Lubo. He's been to over 100 away games. He actually gave it all up a few years ago but nearly died of a heart attack (I believe, may be wrong) so decided life should be lived to the full and hasn't missed a game since. Top man'

LuDo.

Yeh I heard something similar to that. Although I'd heard that he was told by a fortune teller that he might not get to a certain age so wanted to live life to the full. Haha. Flair play to him though.

You can't beat a trip abroad with either Hibs or Scotland. Love them both. I would say though that's their a bit more of an "edge" with club football.

France next year. We'll be coming!

superfurryhibby
12-06-2015, 01:23 PM
I have seen dozens more drunken obnoxious ********s at Hibs Semi's & Finals than I have ever seen around Scotland games.

Following Scotland away used to be almost a right of passage for football supporters and despite the inter club rivalries that now exist and sully the game, there is none of that at Scotland games and any inter club rivalry is just good natured banter as it used to be in most places.

Pubs and Clubs up and down the country used to run savings schemes and organise trips to Wembley every two years, my old man did it for over 30 years and made life lasting friendships as a result.

Seeing Scotland beat England at Wembley as part of that is truly one of my greatest joys in my life.

If its not for you don't get involved, but don't criticise things from afar you cant comprehend and haven't experienced.

Got to agree with this. Closest I've come to a pagger at the football these past 20 years has been at Hampden, due to ersehole behaviour from pissed fandango Hibs fans.

Scotland fans have generally enhanced our countries footballing stature, especially when we've been mince for the past decade and a half. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but where's the harm?

Dublin will be rocking tonight, wish Iwas there!

itslegaltender
12-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Getting very jealous seeing all the boys going over for this game. Keep an eye on this webcam tonight and tomorrow, should be bouncing!

http://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Fenriz
12-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Anyone lucky enough to be killing time on the flight over (or just killing time at home with no other football on) should check out our match preview podcast!

http://www.mondaynightfitba.com/shows/#/stramash/

southern hibby
12-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Just booked ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast 4:00am tomorrow morning, with car. Booked back Saturday at 23:00 but can get the Sunday 7:30 ferry back from Belfast. I get 2 passengers with me so if anyone is up for a road trip I'll be leaving Edinburgh tonight about midnight.

First come first served. Also need a ticket now

GGTTH

green day
12-06-2015, 06:16 PM

No offence, but you clearly were not in France for 3 weeks in 1998......you would have got it then.

Or qualifiers in Paris, Prague, wherever.

Great trips, great chat. Looking forward to reprising the France thing next year!

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2015, 06:26 PM
No offence, but you clearly were not in France for 3 weeks in 1998......you would have got it then.

Great trips, great chat. Looking forward to reprising the France thing next year!

Most of those who are critical of the tartan army probably don't go away with the team. Hibs and Scotland away trips in Europe are tremendous. :top marks

Pretty Boy
12-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Hope those going enjoy themselves. Dublin is a great city, if a tad expensive, I read a post earlier saying prices aren't much worse than Edinburgh as though that was a good thing!

I hope Scotland win but I just can't get into the spirit of really following the national team at all. When I was younger amongst all the guys I hung about with, went to football with etc following the national team was seen as being just a bit naff. Each to their own though and fair play to the guys who spend a fortune doing so.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2015, 07:58 PM
For a country of our size population wise it's quite incredible to have such a large and passionate away support when you consider that we've won absolutely hee haw and haven't even come close to getting our hands on any silverware.

A lot of countries would be grateful to have the support that Scotland have.

Tartan Army :top marks

majorhibs
12-06-2015, 10:04 PM

Most of those who are critical of the tartan army probably don't go away with the team. Hibs and Scotland away trips in Europe are tremendous. :top marks

Just dae it or dinnae dae it, but, you REALLY want to deny yourselfs away trips to Europe? Then, the world if fortunate? No big deal, I will have your ticket every time. But if it makes you feel cool, uber etc? Fair play. As said, I have had some Good times away with Scotland, Hibs in Europe my pinnacle but, but, why should anybody be tight or snobbish about your foreign Fitba if your both a Hibee & Scotland fan? Bit too precious for me. :flag:

SteveHFC
12-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Getting very jealous seeing all the boys going over for this game. Keep an eye on this webcam tonight and tomorrow, should be bouncing!

http://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Twist and Shout being sung :faf:

Keith_M
13-06-2015, 08:59 AM
If people want to dress like something off the side of a Shortbread Tin then where's the harm in it?

I go to Scotland games and the TA 'Uniform' isn't really my kinda thing but it seems to amuse the locals. Although, I would like to add that a drunk is still a drunk, no matter how they're dressed, and sometimes they overestimate just how 'charming' they're being. That's not just restricted to the TA, though.

What I would say is that I had a good laugh with a number of the locals in and around Dortmund last year while chatting about their views of the Tartan Army, and also watching their interaction with them.

For instance, the lovely blonde lady in the the Cafe next to Dortmund Train Station asked for my assistance as a Translator on a couple of occasions. Not from English to German but into English from "vottever zat wierd language is zey speak!" :-)

There was one guy that came in and asked "Huv ye goat a normul cup ae tea, hen?". I suggested he might want what the Germans call 'Breakfast Tea' but when she offered him that, he just screwed up his face and said, "Ah'll no bother, hen" and left in disgust.

She also told me and the Missus later that her main complaint was that, when she was a small girl at school, they were taught how to sit like a Lady and avoid exposing areas that should be kept private, but that the Scotland Fans had obviously never received such training. Apparently it was putting off a number of their older customers. She made a number of references to already having '.."Wurst" on the menu, thanks very much'

:greengrin

SteveHFC
13-06-2015, 01:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccPPnee-4I

We're beating them again. 1-0 Scotland :saltireflag

pontius pilate
13-06-2015, 02:32 PM
What's times k.o

SteveHFC
13-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Ireland Team:

Given
Coleman
Brady
Wilson
O'Shea
McCarthy
Whelan
Hendrick
Hoolahan
Walters
Murphy

Scotland Team:

Marshall
Hutton
Forsyth
Martin
Mulgrew
Maloney
Morrison
Brown
Fletcher
Naismith
Ritchie

libernian
13-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I started reading a thread on You Boys In Green forum which is like a spoof Roy Keane diary.. It's actually really funny..

"After a while theres a knock on my door. I dont like being disturbed as I prepared for a game. Whoever this is has just interrupted me staring aggressively at a picture of Gordon Strachan. Its a part of my routine that takes about 20mins." :faf:

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/my-roy-keane-diary-a-day-in-the-life_topic48155_page24.html

Anyway, I'm not going but am a big Scotland fan. I'm nervous about the game today as Ireland need to win more than us and I think it will come down to who wants it more... I hope I'm wrong and we get at least a draw though..

MON SCOTLAND!

liamh2202
13-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Cmon Scotland.. Butterflies are starting now .. Massive game

HH81
13-06-2015, 03:10 PM
People saying Ireland need the win more? If Scotland lose today I think 3rd is the only aim. Win 1-0 for my bet please.

silverhibee
13-06-2015, 03:33 PM
People saying Ireland need the win more? If Scotland lose today I think 3rd is the only aim. Win 1-0 for my bet please.

And Maloney should get that first goal for my bet. :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
13-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Can somebody tell me what the applause is for? Can't hear in the pub.

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Can somebody tell me what the applause is for? Can't hear in the pub.

Bill O'Herlihy(?)-Irish Broadcaster, and Keane cousins

GreenArmyyy!
13-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Bill O'Herlihy(?)-Irish Broadcaster, and Keane cousins

Thanks mate.

HibbyAndy
13-06-2015, 04:17 PM
who is this Forsyth guy ?

easty
13-06-2015, 04:21 PM
who is this Forsyth guy ?

Derby left back. He started at Dundee or Dundee Utd, cannae mind which.

Sylar
13-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Who's the Scottish accented co-commentator who keeps referring to 'we' this and 'we' that in relation to Ireland? :rolleyes:

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Not going to end 0-0 for sure

Armenia leading Portual 1-0

SaulGoodman
13-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Who's David Hutton?

tamig
13-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Who's the Scottish accented co-commentator who keeps referring to 'we' this and 'we' that in relation to Ireland? :rolleyes:

Ray Houghton. One of big Jack's "Irish" boys. We've got a few English guys playing for us though.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Who's David Hutton?

Ayr goalie.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:33 PM
McCarthy should be off for that. Wee fake Irish ****.

Sylar
13-06-2015, 04:33 PM
McCarthy should be off - that was blatant.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 04:39 PM
looking forward to a naismith pass actually finding a scottish player

SquashedFrogg
Hope he proves me wrong but Forsyth is shocking. Can't defend, can't pass....

Go on son, nod in a 91st minute winner please :agree:

SteveHFC
**** off.

cabbageandribs1875
gave away one corner too many...1-0 oirland

hibsbollah
13-06-2015, 04:40 PM

silverhibee
Poor defending for that corner.

1-0

Was it offside.

johnbc70
Marshall should never had palmed that over - it was going over the bar.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:41 PM
**** sake. Marshall didn't need to touch that ball out for a corner, it was clearly going over.

Forever_Green93
**** off! Filthy *****!

SJNB Hibby
Poor defending for that corner.

1-0

Was it offside.
By a mile

Betty Boop
Republic of Ireland by far the better team.

SquashedFrogg
Mile off-side but shocking defending once again :confused:

erin go bragh
Offside . Terrible decision.

Mr White
13-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Offside no? Maybe the fai will give us a cut of that 5m euro they got.

Billy Whizz
By a mile

Looks like we'll have to go to FIFA for some comp

easty
By a mile

We should get on the phone to FIFA for a payment then.

H18S NX
Offside,dearie me.

cabbageandribs1875
i reckon we can threaten legal action...should be worth 5M at least

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Didn't get a second look but looked offside. None of the commentators are mentioning it so I'm probably wrong.

HH81
Two key decisions gone for Ireland.

Golden Bear

Absolute nonsense.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:44 PM
is Roy Keane sitting on the bench in full kit??

Sylar

Not watching the game then?

So clearly offside - wonder how the SFA will spend the imminent 5 million euros in the brown envelope on Monday morning?

Gatecrasher
Just further proof these extra officials are BS and video technology is needed.

Thecat23
Poor from the officials, but Scotland have just sat in not playing like they did Against Germany! Maybe the kick up the arse we needed.

easty
Didn't get a second look but looked offside. None of the commentators are mentioning it so I'm probably wrong.

Why aren't we getting replays?

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Not looking like Scotland can press far enough forward without leaving the back door open. Can't see where a Scotland goal is going to come from.

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Broony's off his game

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 04:46 PM
i make that about 38 corners for them now

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Why aren't we getting replays?

Watching a match conference on German TV and they keep switching between Dublin and Warsaw.

Golden Bear
13-06-2015, 04:48 PM
They certainly kick harder than us.

kaimendhibs
13-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Well offside

Gatecrasher
They certainly kick harder than us.
it's a Martin O'Neil team, what do you expect? :wink:

SquashedFrogg
Change/s required at half-time for me. No threat going forward, nothing in midfield and honking at the back.

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Broony's off his game

:agree: Looks out of his depth which is a surprise because I though a slugging match like this would see him in his element.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 04:50 PM
'kin booooo, and 'kin booooo the blind far side lineman that doesn't know the offside rule

easty
13-06-2015, 04:51 PM
They're definitely targeting Forsyth at LB.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:52 PM
'kin booooo, and 'kin booooo the blind far side lineman that doesn't know the offside rule

He could see the ball went out earlier and gave a corner, when Ritchie had clearly kept it in. **** linesman.

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 04:53 PM
How can Strachan justify playing Mulgrew who ha played about 12 minutes all season?

Also Ireland look far better prepared but that's probably becuase they played England and Northern Ireland behind closed doors whilst Scotland were having a kick about with a pub team for some reason.

Sylar
They're definitely targeting Forsyth at LB.

He's getting very little defensive support - would like to see Anya come on there as he tracks back as much as he powers forward.

This group is tight enough without abysmal decisions like that coming back to haunt us.

H18S NX
How was that wee plastic paddy mccarthy allowed to stay on the park? Robertson on for Forsyth hopefully.

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2015, 04:54 PM
:agree: Looks out of his depth which is a surprise because I though a slugging match like this would see him in his element.

I think he's getting no support out there. Brown breaks it up and lays it to creative players but there's no options for him out there. I'm sure I saw Fletch run by my house a minute ago he's so far away from the ball.

Too easy for Ireland knowing we've no threat.

Disappointing as Ireland aren't very good. We need to be far more positive

Bobo
13-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Lame performance from Scotland so far, we can't string 2 passes together and haven't posed a threat at all. We're letting Ireland intimidate us and it's worked as we're tentative all over the park! Need to be more aggressive in the 2nd half because we've been pish so far!

The officials have been poor as well, with a number of wrong decisions and the goal clearly offside. No excuse though, we've been really poor and need do a lot better.

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Harsh criticism of Matshall for the goal as well.

That ball is coming spinning down from some height and he's had to back pedal a few yards so has probably lost his bearings slightly. It wasn't dropping that far over so he can't take the chance.

easty
13-06-2015, 04:58 PM
So clearly offside. That's a shocking decision. Bull ****.

Mr White
13-06-2015, 04:59 PM
So clearly offside. That's a shocking decision. Bull ****.

Looked like handball too.

Stax
13-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Don't know what we're waiting for, not started yet. Feel sorry for Forsyth but half our team missing. Saying that they should be down to ten men and their goal was off a mile. Rocket from strachan & a couple of changes reqd..

H18S NX
13-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Looked like handball too....Aye,looked like he controlled it with his arm(clutching at straws).

givescotlandfreedom
Lame performance from Scotland so far, we can't string 2 passes together and haven't posed a threat at all. We're letting Ireland intimidate us and it's worked as we're tentative all over the park! Need to be more aggressive in the 2nd half because we've been pish so far!

The officials have been poor as well, with a number of wrong decisions and the goal clearly offside. No excuse though, we've been really poor and need do a lot better.

That's with the extra man behind the goals too. I don't think I've ever seen any of them call a decision that the others weren't giving anyway. 'Ireland's' McCarthy should have been sent off imo too.

kaimendhibs
Not only offside but handball too! Garbage officials yet again

Scouse Hibee
What's the score?

kaimendhibs
1-0

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Harsh criticism of Matshall for the goal as well.

That ball is coming spinning down from some height and he's had to back pedal a few yards so has probably lost his bearings slightly. It wasn't dropping that far over so he can't take the chance.

I'm with you. I think it would have hit at least the top of the bar...

I'm sure if he'd left it and it bounced back into play he'd be getting pelters.

Amateur defending cost us that goal. Off-side yes, but it should easily have been cleared.

I still can't believe how negative we've been and how we end up playing Forsyth in a Scotland strip in a game with such importance. I understand the logic of 'keeping things tight' but we are a far better team than we've shown so far.

givescotlandfreedom
13-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Not only offside but handball too! Garbage officials yet again

Craig Timson in charge? :thumbsup:

trev the hat
13-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Poor choices from Strachan, Mullgrew / Forsyth & no Anya.

Onion
13-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Looked like handball too.

Euro 5 million from FIFA coming our way then.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:06 PM
what a team :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: 1-1

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!!!!

Mr White
13-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Boom!

Pretty Boy
I'm with you. I think it would have hit at least the top of the bar...

I'm sure if he'd left it and it bounced back into play he'd be getting pelters.

Amateur defending cost us that goal. Off-side yes, but it should easily have been cleared.

I still can't believe how negative we've been and how we end up playing Forsyth in a Scotland strip in a game with such importance. I understand the logic of 'keeping things tight' but we are a far better team than we've shown so far.

That was my though too, wasn't going in but was likely hitting.the bar.

Oh goal. Happy days.

cabbageandribs1875
cant beat a good deflection :greengrin

Hannah_hfc
Yass, Scotland!!

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

Forever_Green93
13-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Yas! Get roond ye ireland!

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Great save Marshall. Stood up until the last second.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:12 PM
utter p@sh from forsyth

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Please remove Forsyth.

Horrendous

GreenLake
13-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Bring on McGivern for Forsyth

HibbyAndy
13-06-2015, 05:16 PM
how annoying is Ray Houghton ? biased **** !!!

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 05:16 PM
We're sitting too deep. C'mon Scotland!

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:17 PM
oh ffs mulgrew, pathetic

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Get Mulgrew off

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Is Robertson on the bench?

If so why is Forsythe keeping him out the team?

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:19 PM
and another elbow

Gatecrasher
Refs letting Ireland away with murder.

Hibby Bairn
Scott Brown has been honking so far.

SteveHFC
13-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Forsyth should change is name to For****syth.

Hannah_hfc
13-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Ireland playing a dirty game. Hope Scotland win this

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:22 PM
mon the fruit salads

Busy Bear
13-06-2015, 05:22 PM
how annoying is Ray Houghton ? biased **** !!!

was just thinking that myself..

HibbyAndy
13-06-2015, 05:23 PM
get this Forsyth guy off !!!

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:23 PM
forsyth giving it away yet again

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 05:25 PM
What a ****ing save by Given.

SteveHFC
13-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Anya 😘

SJNB Hibby
Poland beating Georgia 1-0, cant afford to lose this

HibbyAndy
"The worrying signs for ireland is they are giving it away to cheap"....Hows it worrying ya biased ****!!

kaimendhibs
13-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Houghtons voice does my nut in. Forsyth is awful imo

GreenLake
13-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Ref letting the game flow.:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:29 PM
corner 73 for oirland

make that 74

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:34 PM
world record 75 corners

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Griffiths and Fletcher on for me at this point

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Got a late Robbie Keane winner written all over it

easty
13-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Got a late Robbie Keane winner written all over it

Naw it hasnae

SJNB Hibby
13-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Naw it hasnae

You better be right

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:37 PM
****** disgraceful from naismith

Bobo
13-06-2015, 05:42 PM
I've always thought of Hutton as being one of the poorest full backs I've seen, Forsyth certainly runs him close!

HibbyAndy
13-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Irish singing referees a ****er :hilarious

A blatant red card and a blatant offside goal if any team has a gripe its Scotland !

cabbageandribs1875
corner 82

then 83

easty
I've always thought of Hutton as being one of the poorest full backs I've seen, Forsyth certainly runs him close!

Hutton gets an awfy hard time. He's a very decent full back in my opinion.

kaimendhibs
13-06-2015, 05:44 PM
That tit O Neil sarcastically applauding ref. total cheek. Houghton still doing my nut in

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:44 PM
McArthur on for broonaldo

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Given taking the ball 50 yards out says it all.

I guess a draw now is a decent result but I can't help feeling we could've really gubbed this lot

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:46 PM
a crisp pound note to charity if a scotland player actually wins a header in the air

easty
13-06-2015, 05:48 PM
That ball went oot for a Scotland throw didn't it?

kaimendhibs
13-06-2015, 05:49 PM

Yes. Shocking Lino

Mr White

Yup.

cabbageandribs1875

i was positive it did, but then it's 'that' linesman again

HibbyAndy
13-06-2015, 05:51 PM

It wasn't even close.

Hannah_hfc
13-06-2015, 05:51 PM
3 mins stoppage time. Eek!

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Ft 1-1

poland 4 georgia 0

Hannah_hfc
13-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Good result considering a tough away fixture!

Gatecrasher
13-06-2015, 05:56 PM
How many teams qualify in the group? If it's only 2 then Poland and Germany are looking good.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Will take the draw. Poor game, not a great performance but to think we slag off Scottish officials!!

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Not exactly ab advertisement for the beautiful game. Poland looked impressive, I can't see past them and Germany in this group.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2015, 05:59 PM

You don't half talk pish. Hutton has been superb for us over the years. He was one of about 7 average performers for us tonight.

Gordy M
13-06-2015, 06:00 PM
How many teams qualify in the group? If it's only 2 then Poland and Germany are looking good.
They do but remember poland still have to come to glasgow and play germany away, and have roi in their last game! Top two plus one best 3rd team qualify, other 3rd placed teams into a play off.

carnoustiehibee
Houghtons voice does my nut in. Forsyth is awful imo

Give the laddie a break it's his first international, and a big one at that

SquashedFrogg
I'd rather have taken on (give a real go at it) a poor Ireland team tonight than hope for results against Poland and Germany.

I hope I'm wrong but feel we've missed a huge chance to qualifiy

*Maybe I'm being a bit too greedy as a draw tonight isn't a bad result*

hfc rd
13-06-2015, 06:01 PM

Top two go through automatically and 3rd place goes to play-off.

Very good result for you boys.

Lago
13-06-2015, 06:01 PM
They do but remember poland still have to come to glasgow and play germany away, and have roi in their last game! Top two plus one best 3rd team qualify, other 3rd placed teams into a play off.
Have to say got out of jail there, but funny team selection in defence.

lyonhibs
13-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Hutton was terrible tonight, but a fairly uninspiring performance with a point ,I'll take that.

Gatecrasher
13-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Of course still all to play for, and good to know 3rd place still has a chance.

Gordy M
13-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Of course still all to play for, and good to know 3rd place still has a chance.
Absolutely, important that we beat roi over 2 legs so if the same points then we are above them. Next fixtures are us away to georgia, germany vs poland. If we can win then one or both above us will drop points.

B.H.F.C
13-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Anya not playing from the start was a shocker. Arguably best player in qualifying.

hibsbollah
13-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Come on Romania. Any team with Kyle Lafferty in it doesn't deserve my support.

Bobo
13-06-2015, 06:11 PM
You don't half talk pish. Hutton has been superb for us over the years. He was one of about 7 average performers for us tonight.

Next time I want to pass an opinion I'll be sure to run it past you first then seeing your clearly the font of all knowledge!

lucky
13-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Overall thought we were the better footballing team but Ireland looked more dangerous. Scotland seem intimidated by their physical approach to the game. A point away from Home is a good result shame about the Lino missing Walters being well offside

Jack Hackett
13-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Overall thought we were the better footballing team but Ireland looked more dangerous. Scotland seem intimidated by their physical approach to the game. A point away from Home is a good result shame about the Lino missing Walters being well offside

The official behind the goal had a perfect view....I can only surmise that they don't actually know the offside rule

liamh2202
13-06-2015, 06:21 PM
The official behind the goal had a perfect view....I can only surmise that they don't actually know the offside rule

He was offside but I think it would have looked closer at pitch level. If you notice none of the defenders appeal for it. Pretty pleased with the result. I would say that's Ireland done and that delights me because martin O'Neil is a grade a knob

Sergey
13-06-2015, 06:25 PM

Next time I want to pass an opinion I'll be sure to run it past you first then seeing your clearly the font of all knowledge!

Very wise.

Hutton :faf::faf:

Hiber-nation clearly knows NOTHING/EVERYTHING about the game.

Delete as appropriate.

Jack Hackett
13-06-2015, 06:26 PM
He was offside but I think it would have looked closer at pitch level. If you notice none of the defenders appeal for it. Pretty pleased with the result. I would say that's Ireland done and that delights me because martin O'Neil is a grade a knob

Let me just highlight that for you :greengrin

H18S NX
13-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Let me just highlight that for you :greengrin..how do you highlight? serious question.Been trying to find out for ages.

FranckSuzy
13-06-2015, 06:40 PM
..how do you highlight? serious question.Been trying to find out for ages.

When you 'reply with quote', left click while highlighting the words/line you want to bold, hit the B on the left, second line down, beside the I and U :aok:

liamh2202
13-06-2015, 06:40 PM
..how do you highlight? serious question.Been trying to find out for ages.

I'm glad you asked I've no idea how to do it either. So glad he did though

Chibs
13-06-2015, 06:42 PM

His interview after the game proves your point conclusively.
Niall Quinn on the other hand came across as an honest guy.

Nando™
13-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Well done Scotland for beating Ireland again.

Shame the officials are morons.

liamh2202
13-06-2015, 06:49 PM

Yeh I like Quinn . oniel is a classless twat . his antics during the game reminded me of when he ran the length of the pitch to make sure a linesman gave offside against a hibs goal.

Mr White
13-06-2015, 06:56 PM

:agree: Quinn seems like a good guy and he's a decent pundit even with his own country involved.

H18S NX
13-06-2015, 07:04 PM
When you 'reply with quote', click while highlighting the words/line you want to bold, hit the B on the left, second line down, beside the I and U :aok:...thank you so much FranckSuzy :not worth

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Top two go through automatically and 3rd place goes to play-off.

Very good result for you boys.

Best 3rd-placed team qualifies as well.

FranckSuzy
13-06-2015, 07:09 PM
...thank you so much FranckSuzy :not worth

You're welcome. It should have said 'left' click when highlighting as well :aok:

ronaldo7
13-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Maybe it was part of the payback plan for Henri's handball

H18S NX
13-06-2015, 07:11 PM
When you 'reply with quote', click while highlighting the words/line you want to bold, hit the B on the left, second line down, beside the I and U :aok:...Sussed it now FranckSuzy,cheers

California-Hibs
13-06-2015, 07:12 PM
A very good away point for us! Still firmly on course to qualify for France 2016! I think even if we don't manage 2nd we'll get it through winning the 3rd placed games.

Jack Hackett
13-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Best 3rd-placed team qualifies as well.

Of the teams who have already played 6 games, We are well placed for best 3rd. Only Ukraine look like overtaking us by the time this round is over. Todays point could be hugely significant

hibbymick
13-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Hutton a fitbaw player ...ive heard it all now.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2015, 08:24 PM

All you do on here is spout negativity. Non-stop.

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Whilst Poland are in admittedly good position it's worth remembering our 3 hardest away games are now behinds us. A draw in Poland, a draw on Dublin and a narrow defeat in Germany.

A win at Hampden has against Poland and even a point against against the Germans and who knows?

God Petrie
13-06-2015, 08:41 PM
It's in our hands. Viva caledonia

Pretty Boy
13-06-2015, 08:44 PM
And am I seeing things or did the Faroes get a result against Greece again?

Bobo
13-06-2015, 08:59 PM
All you do on here is spout negativity. Non-stop.

Well put me on your ignore list then and continue living in your own little world of easily pleased ville, where sub-standardness is readily accepted, and we'll both be happy.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Well put me on your ignore list then and continue living in your own little world of easily pleased ville, where sub-standardness is readily accepted, and we'll both be happy.

Nah, you might come round to the fact that Hibs and Scotland are actually doing OK...eventually.

high bee
13-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I see Faroe Islands beat Greece 2-1. embarrassing.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2015, 09:24 PM
I see Faroe Islands beat Greece 2-1. embarrassing.

How?