PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket bought!

Greencore
08-06-2015, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to say just bought my season ticket for the new season. FF. buzzing😀

Feel free to move to correct thread mods.

GGTTH

s.a.m
08-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Me too. Renewed yesterday, and had my thank-you email. I'm in.

:flag::gwa:

lord bunberry
08-06-2015, 07:42 AM
How many have we sold now?

Danderhall Hibs
08-06-2015, 07:54 AM
How many have we sold now?

Thecat23
08-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Renewed over the w'end as well. I can't wait for the season to start! I think Hibs will honestly walk this league this season. The Rangers are a shambles just now and that isn't about to get any better anytime soon.

gegs70
08-06-2015, 08:02 AM
But will they restructure the league....????

lord bunberry
08-06-2015, 08:46 AM
:greengrin I was expecting that answer.

malcky
08-06-2015, 09:27 AM
:greengrin I was expecting that answer.

Make it 6003

Groathillgrump
08-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to say just bought my season ticket for the new season. FF. buzzing

GGTTH

Well done mate. :aok:

Renewed mine on Friday and itching for the new season to start.

If anyone reading this is still in two minds about renewing or buying a Season Ticket then I have three words for them:

JUST DO IT!

:gwa:

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Hibs have been pretty good at giving us an update on ST sales so far. Hopefully we hear again soon. Would be great if we could get up to around 8,000. My Dad and Uncle renewed over the weekend too.

nellio
08-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Well done all. Good to see folk getting behind the team!!:top marks

Scottiedog007
08-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Just waiting till after the deadline to renew mine as I fancy a move this season so waiting to see what is available before I purchase mine

Danderhall Hibs
08-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Just waiting till after the deadline to renew mine as I fancy a move this season so waiting to see what is available before I purchase mine

You can buy now then swap after the deadline?

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2015, 10:57 AM

I THINK if you renew before the deadline, you get first dibs on seats released. Don't quote me on that tho.

Danderhall Hibs
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
I THINK if you renew before the deadline, you get first dibs on seats released. Don't quote me on that tho.

You used to - don't know if you still do.

JimBHibees
08-06-2015, 11:04 AM

I thought you would be able to buy any of the available seats however would only be able to get any existing seasons seat after today.

S4uzee
08-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Going to renew today to keep my seat.
But at £380 there's not that great value in a ST. Say 16 home games at £22 then 2 rangers games at £28 that's £408 so only a £28 saving over a season! It used to be a ST would guarantee priority for away games but that's not even the case anymore

lyonhibs
08-06-2015, 11:39 AM
But at £380 there's not that great value in a ST. Say 16 home games at £22 then 2 rangers games at £28 that's £408 so only a £28 saving over a season! It used to be a ST would guarantee priority for away games but that's not even the case anymore

Is it not 150 points for a ST and just 5 points per home game attended without one?

Thus, for the very few away games where there is the need to stagger the release of away tickets, Hibs could surely do it so that ST holders get a day or 2 (or whatever) where only they can buy them before releasing the tickets for sale to groups of people with fewer loyalty points.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Ach ..... value for money is for trips to TESCO or ASDA .... I look on buying a season ticket the same as I would to giving to charity, so long as all the money goes to the folk its intended for that's all I care about.

matty_f
08-06-2015, 11:48 AM
The more people renew, take a season ticket for the first time, or sign up to HSL, the more likely we are to keep the likes of Fontaine and Allan.

It's a no-brainer, IMHO.

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Ach ..... value for money is for trips to TESCO or ASDA .... I look on buying a season ticket the same as I would to giving to charity, so long as all the money goes to the folk its intended for that's all I care about.

Have to agree. If I was looking for value for money, I wouldnt be buying a Season ticket for a Scottish football team. I buy it cos it means I have my ticket for all home games sorted for me and my boy, pay it over 11 months, so never a big hit, and means I can give Hibs my support as early in the season as possible to help them build the team for the season. Plus, I really like where I sit, so happy to have them guaranteed for me.
Plus the loyalty points for a ST, is more than I would get for walking up to every game, so gives a much better chance for Ibrox, etc.

S4uzee
08-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Fair enough but I was meaning it as in if 1 game is missed then it equates to almost the same value as walking up as away tickets for games like Ibrox will only be available to the elite group next season, therefore a ST isn't of the same value as other years

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Fair enough but I was meaning it as in if 1 game is missed then it equates to almost the same value as walking up as away tickets for games like Ibrox will only be available to the elite group next season, therefore a ST isn't of the same value as other years

We always have around 6000-8000 ST holders. In the past, away tickets went to season ticket holders first. So for Ibrox, if all ST holders wanted a ticket, you'd only have around a 15% chance of getting one. Not much will have changed from that point of view. The recent Ibrox game was 180 points, so having a ST and attending a few away games gave you best chance of getting a ticket for that.

ALF TUPPER
08-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Same here :greengrin

whiskyhibby
08-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Well done to all who have been renewed or bought for the first time, the more money we get with AS and LD at the helm
I am sure we will be even stronger next season GGTTH

Jonnyboy
08-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Well done to all who have been renewed or bought for the first time, the more money we get with AS and LD at the helm
I am sure we will be even stronger next season GGTTH

Exactly this :agree:

lucky
08-06-2015, 07:10 PM

I like this post a lot. Hibs are our team let's all support the club in anyway we can. My ST has never been good value for money but I'm guaranteed my seat beside my pals. I just feel as a club we are moving forward and I hope that the fans buy into the change

Cammy
09-06-2015, 07:31 AM

There should be 18 home games so your saving will be £72.

I've renewed our 3 ST's yesterday so hopefully the numbers continue to increase day by day. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
09-06-2015, 08:01 AM
There should be 18 home games so your saving will be £72.

I've renewed our 3 ST's yesterday so hopefully the numbers continue to increase day by day. :thumbsup:

Actually, his calculations were correct. Saving against PATG is what he said, £28

16x£22=£352
2x£28=£56

Total = £408

Danderhall Hibs
09-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Actually, his calculations were correct, I think he just accidentally typed 16 instead of 18.
Saving against PATG is what he said, £28

16x£22=£352
2x£28=£56

Total = £408

Unless he's edited his original post what he said was correct.

Cammy
09-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Unless he's edited his original post what he said was correct.

I posted without reading it properly, apologies S4uzze, I just noticed the 16 home games. I'll keep quiet in future :lips seal

Keith_M
09-06-2015, 09:09 AM
I posted without reading it properly, apologies S4uzze, I just noticed the 16 home games. I'll keep quiet in future :lips seal

And buy a calculator!

:wink:

Michael
09-06-2015, 06:48 PM
I see that hearts are on 11,000, and last I heard we were on 6000. Yea, we're in different divisions...but, what even is this?

HH81
09-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I see that hearts are on 11,000, and last I heard we were on 6000. Yea, we're in different divisions...but, what even is this?

A diffrence of 5000?

lyonhibs
09-06-2015, 06:52 PM

Sorry, what ?

IanM
09-06-2015, 06:54 PM

The days of caring about anyone else but Hibs are well and truly over. The quicker all our fans get behind our team, forget about our past and the opposition, especially Hearts, the better.

Michael
09-06-2015, 06:58 PM
A diffrence of 5000?

Why? Weren't we like the roughly same 5 - 10 years ago?

Maybe not - but I'm sure we sold more than them relatively recently?

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2015, 07:28 PM

Should we send them a letter of congratulations then?

They sold an unusual amount of STs to save the club last year and promotion has encouraged their 'fans' to renew. That couldn't be more of a contrast with our circumstances .... taking into account their bigger fan base I don't think there's much of a story in these numbers, how many ST holders do Aberdeen or Dundee Utd have?

Brooster
09-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Who cares about these cheating cranks? I wish folk would just focus on Hibs instead of obsessing about them.

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Should we send them a letter of congratulations then?

They sold an unusual amount of STs to save the club last year and promotion has encouraged their 'fans' to renew. That couldn't be more of a contrast with our circumstances .... taking into account their bigger fan base I don't think there's much of a story in these numbers, how many ST holders do Aberdeen or Dundee Utd have?

Bigger fan base my arse. They couldn't pay people to get in until Mercer started the trend of spending money they never had. A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs. Yes, our support is more fickle, because we have aesthetic standards, but that's all it is.

truehibernian
09-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Who cares about these cheating cranks? I wish folk would just focus on Hibs instead of obsessing about them.

:agree::aok:

Nothing more needs said.

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Well done mate. :aok:

Renewed mine on Friday and itching for the new season to start.

If anyone reading this is still in two minds about renewing or buying a Season Ticket then I have three words for them:

JUST DO IT!

:gwa:

Bigger fan base my arse. They couldn't pay people to get in until Mercer started the trend of spending money they never had. A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs. Yes, our support is more fickle, because we have aesthetic standards, but that's all it is.

:agree: the great Tynie myth of having a bigger support than Hibs. They think if they say it so often it's a fact.

Edinburgh is divided right down the middle and there's nothing between the size of the respective supports. They count their home attendances differently which enhances their figures and they've been on the crest of a wave since avoiding oblivion and gaining promotion which has naturally boosted their ST sales. If we get promoted next season I reckon our average home support in 16/17 will be bigger than the jumbos.

ALF TUPPER
09-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Season ticket sales + 1 ..... :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the full Harvey Nichs half time scranfest platter. It's what we do in the West .... whatwhatwhat

GGTTH :aok:

lyonhibs
10-06-2015, 08:06 AM
:agree: the great Tynie myth of having a bigger support than Hibs. They think if they say it so often it's a fact.

Edinburgh is divided right down the middle and there's nothing between the size of the respective supports. They count their home attendances differently which enhances their figures and they've been on the crest of a wave since avoiding oblivion and gaining promotion which has naturally boosted their ST sales. If we get promoted next season I reckon our average home support in 16/17 will be bigger than the jumbos.

I think that was just for a couple of years under Romanov - tickets sold as opposed to actual bums on seats.

Don't know if they still report in that fashion anymore. Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post in the main, however I think their home attendances have been a bit higher than ours for longer than just the last year or 2.

There was only 12-13,000 at the 6-2 Derby for example.

oneone73
10-06-2015, 08:12 AM
I think that was just for a couple of years under Romanov - tickets sold as opposed to actual bums on seats.

Don't know if they still report in that fashion anymore. Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post in the main, however I think their home attendances have been a bit higher than ours for longer than just the last year or 2.

There was only 12-13,000 at the 6-2 Derby for example.

Hertz were boycotting that game. Allegedly it was over pricing, but in reality they knew they were gonna get gubbed.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2015, 08:38 AM

I think they do have a bigger fan base than us DBS .... Its not 400,000 bigger, ha ha, but I would say it is slightly larger by say 10 - 20%. Some Yams would have folk believe its 50% :greengrin Given the respective demographic of both clubs since their inception its hardly unreasonable to presume their fan base is bigger for historical reasons.

Far from our support being fickle, I have always thought that we hold up pretty well against most clubs considering there is usually more famine than feast when it comes to Hibs.

stoneyburn hibs
10-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Waited until after the renewal deadline and got two seats in the west. It's the first time I've had a season ticket in the west.
Girl from the ticket office said that we are almost at 7000.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Waited until after the renewal deadline and got two seats in the west. It's the first time I've had a season ticket in the west.
Girl from the ticket office said that we are almost at 7000.

Was in yesterday to move seats and the girl said they had been "busy on the phone"

I'm guessing we might reach 8,000 but not much more than that, if we are at under 7,000 now.

brog
10-06-2015, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;4394718]I think that was just for a couple of years under Romanov - tickets sold as opposed to actual bums on seats.

Don't know if they still report in that fashion anymore.

Not sure if this was tongue in cheek but Yams continue to overstate their attendances every week, it soothes their insecurity. Their only accurate attendance figures are those for home Scottish Cup ties where very recently the huge number of almost 7,000 Yams turned up to see them getting another spanking from Celtc. Perhaps it was another boycott as its astonishing just how often their boycotts coincide with a gubbing!

hibbymac
10-06-2015, 07:31 PM
+ 1 :flag:

CraigHibee
10-06-2015, 07:41 PM
well done to everyone that has bought a new season ticket or renewed so far :aok:

PatHead
10-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Over 6500 sold now. C'mon you know it makes sense.

B.H.F.C
10-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Over 6500 sold now. C'mon you know it makes sense.

I think that things will start to pick up next week in terms of signings and maybe the likes of Fontaine signing a new deal. Still two months until the first league game so getting over 8000 is well achievable. Considering we are still in the championship, I think something around that would be decent.

PatHead
10-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I think that things will start to pick up next week in terms of signings and maybe the likes of Fontaine signing a new deal. Still two months until the first league game so getting over 8000 is well achievable. Considering we are still in the championship, I think something around that would be decent.

Still a large number of adults have not renewed yet so plenty of room for numbers to increase.

Dr Jimmy
11-06-2015, 06:40 AM
bought my son a season ticket when I bought mine. Couldn't get him the early bird deal for personal reasons.
Have to think that £135 for a 9 year old is taking the piss. Especially when you compare it to what teams in the SPL charge for kids.

Brooster
11-06-2015, 06:51 AM
bought my son a season ticket when I bought mine. Couldn't get him the early bird deal for personal reasons.
Have to think that £135 for a 9 year old is taking the piss. Especially when you compare it to what teams in the SPL charge for kids.

£7.50 a game is hardly taking the p*ss. Hibs are trying to run a business here, you can hardly expect them to give them away regardless of what SPL teams are doing.

Dr Jimmy
11-06-2015, 07:44 AM
£7.50 a game is hardly taking the p*ss. Hibs are trying to run a business here, you can hardly expect them to give them away regardless of what SPL teams are doing.

Not asking them to give them away. Most businesses price in comparison to the competition or markets. Hibs Early bird kids: £65, later: £135 this would suggest their finances are ok to take the lower price. Hence why I thought our pricing was taking the piss against what other teams charge. We should be encouraging kids of a young age to come to Easter road, trust me it's hard enough to get him to go, especially when he has had a school game that day or his pals knock on the door. Let's not make it easier for the parents to not take them by putting a financial reason in the way.

If you don't agree fair enough, not sure your tone was warranted though.

gegs70
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM

Where do you sit? It is a little cheaper in the ff lower?

Dr Jimmy
11-06-2015, 08:30 AM
East beside my mates.

CallumLaidlaw
11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Not asking them to give them away. Most businesses price in comparison to the competition or markets. Hibs Early bird kids: £65, later: £135 this would suggest their finances are ok to take the lower price. Hence why I thought our pricing was taking the piss against what other teams charge. We should be encouraging kids of a young age to come to Easter road, trust me it's hard enough to get him to go, especially when he has had a school game that day or his pals knock on the door. Let's not make it easier for the parents to not take them by putting a financial reason in the way.

To be fair, it would be £216 to walk up as a child to every home game so even at £135, you're saving around £80 over the season. The early bird is a good bit cheaper to allow them to get the money in 2-3 months earlier than the normal prices, and reward those fans that have chosen to renew over a month before the season has even finished.

I do think £7.50 a game is reasonable, but I agree that Hibs could be doing more to attract more kids to the games. Falkirk are free for example.

gegs70
11-06-2015, 09:32 AM
East beside my mates.

I honestly think kids prices should be the same anywhere in the stadium.

Blaster
11-06-2015, 09:44 AM

Maybe they will be next year when the family section is converted to a safe standing area. 😄

Dr Jimmy
11-06-2015, 12:23 PM

Fair enough, but I wouldn't pay £720 for the two tickets. Therefore my son would have to be a walk up and hope to sit with us. Probably better playing with his mates on a Saturday afternoon.

PatHead
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Fair enough, but I wouldn't pay £720 for the two tickets. Therefore my son would have to be a walk up and hope to sit with us. Probably better playing with his mates on a Saturday afternoon.

Think he was meaning that a child ticket should cost the same in the East, West and Famous 5 not the same as an adult. Personally I think there should be family sections in each of the stands.

kaimendhibs
11-06-2015, 12:58 PM

I was gonna buy one for my nephew until saw the price had jumped to 130 quid. Too big a risk as he might not want to keep going

anon1875
11-06-2015, 04:23 PM
My wee boy is currently 4 months old so getting him to games will be a struggle until he's maybe two or three hopefully. So it's the TV/Radio for me unfortunately.

biggineurope
13-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Told the usual squad I attend with, " Sorry lads not renewing this year due to working every other Saturday" that was February. The prospect of a great season ahead started eating away at me, so to hell with the work, i'll jink n jive n swap shifts where I can.......... I'VE RENEWED (yesterday).......here's to looking forward GGTTH

Stuarty27
14-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I think we are on 6,500 season tickets which is a tremendous effort for a team in the championship.

Hopefully after another few signings we get more sold to take us over the 7,000 mark which without knowing other clubs sales put us in the top 5 in Scotland!?

Phil MaGlass
14-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Maybe a comparison could be made between the costs of ST, s and numbers sold at Hibs compared to other clubs. (onefor the anoraks). Maybethen we would see if it is value for money or not or wether fans are put off due to cost of ST. Its all very well other clubs saying they have sold 11 odd thousand but if their ST, s cost 30%less than ours then that may well be better value for money, if you see what I mean?

S4uzee
14-06-2015, 01:43 PM
How many were sold last season?

RoxburghHibs
14-06-2015, 04:06 PM
I think we are on 6,500 season tickets which is a tremendous effort for a team in the championship.

Hopefully after another few signings we get more sold to take us over the 7,000 mark which without knowing other clubs sales put us in the top 5 in Scotland!?

Can't see Dundee Utd, Dundee, Kilmarnock or Motherwell selling anywhere near 5000 season tickets so yeah top 5 easy.

iwasthere1972
14-06-2015, 04:39 PM
How many were sold last season?

I think about 7,000 but don't forget a lot of them were bought while we were still in the top division and had a good chance of getting out of relegation trouble.

Eyrie
14-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Maybe a comparison could be made between the costs of ST, s and numbers sold at Hibs compared to other clubs. (onefor the anoraks). Maybethen we would see if it is value for money or not or wether fans are put off due to cost of ST. Its all very well other clubs saying they have sold 11 odd thousand but if their ST, s cost 30%less than ours then that may well be better value for money, if you see what I mean?

Season tickets at Easter Road offer better value for money than anywhere else because you get to see Hibs eighteen times rather than twice :wink:

Ringothedog
15-06-2015, 07:28 AM
2 full and one half season ticket in our group, now up to 4 full season tickets for the upcoming season.

Ronniekirk
15-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Can't see Dundee Utd, Dundee, Kilmarnock or Motherwell selling anywhere near 5000 season tickets so yeah top 5 easy.

St mirren have already sold nearly two and a half thousand on back of relegation and new manager but would be surprised if that reaches much more than just over three thousand given their average crowd . But another example of crowds going up on expectation they will win more games in the championship than they did this season

Phil MaGlass
15-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Season tickets at Easter Road offer better value for money than anywhere else because you get to see Hibs eighteen times rather than twice :wink:

Nice one :-)

tanfield
20-06-2015, 03:25 PM
3 tickets renewed today. Ticket office says 6,500 sold so far

DanTheMan
21-06-2015, 08:50 AM
How do you choose a specific seat when renewing online? It seems to be only letting me choose a section then picking a random seat for me! Cheers

hibbymac
21-06-2015, 08:56 AM
How do you choose a specific seat when renewing online? It seems to be only letting me choose a section then picking a random seat for me! Cheers

Not sure, but it may be the device you're using. I was looking up on the iPad and it only would show "sections" but when I looked up on the desktop (iMac) it allowed me to pick a specific seat.

As I say not sure if that will be the answer. :flag:

GordonHFC
21-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Not sure, but it may be the device you're using. I was looking up on the iPad and it only would show "sections" but when I looked up on the desktop (iMac) it allowed me to pick a specific seat.

As I say not sure if that will be the answer. :flag:

This is the case. The system chose a seat if I used any Android machine but when I used a laptop or desktop it allowed me to pick a specific seat.

DanTheMan
21-06-2015, 09:05 AM
This is the case. The system chose a seat if I used any Android machine but when I used a laptop or desktop it allowed me to pick a specific seat.

Cheers will give that a try, I was using my iphone pretty sure I used a laptop last season so that's probably the reason.

Greencore
21-06-2015, 12:13 PM
I should have added sorry, it wouldn't let me buy on my iPhone or IPad. I had to use my laptop to buy the season ticket. I am of course talking about picking my seat not just an area.

hibbymac
21-06-2015, 02:20 PM

:aok:

HibsEK
21-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Not been a season ticket holder in a long time but got one yesterday. Looking forward to a good season ahead :gwa:

The_Horde
21-06-2015, 09:50 PM
I won't be back until petries gone.

Ringothedog
21-06-2015, 09:52 PM
I won't be back until petries gone.

Good for you.

lord bunberry
21-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Cheers will give that a try, I was using my iphone pretty sure I used a laptop last season so that's probably the reason.
When I used my iPad it wouldn't let me see a proper map of the stadium, I had to switch to my laptop to pick my seat.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Anyone able to tell me what section of the East Row P, seat 142 is? Is it 41 or 42?